• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2016 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT|

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-27-free-to-play-version-of-pes-2016-announced

Konami has announced a free-to-play version of football game PES 2016.

It's exclusive to the PlayStation 4 and PS3.

F2P PES 2016 launches on 8th December. It's described as an "entry level" version of the game, and includes Exhibition Mode and seven teams, such as Bayern Munich, Juventus, AS Roma, Brazil and France.

Interesting... maybe not in a good way though.

This sounds like a glorified demo - as that is what was included pretty much in the demo itself. Hmmm.

LAM09

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-27-free-to-play-version-of-pes-2016-announced

Interesting... maybe not in a good way though.

This sounds like a glorified demo - as that is what was included pretty much in the demo itself. Hmmm.

Has training mode and Myclub. They'll be hoping they can rake in some cash like they have been doing in Japan.

This might help as well

CU1BPaYW4AABLOT.jpg

Nice to see Corinthians new kit in the update. Hopefully all 3 are in.

And man, can't wait to see classic players modeled in PES2016 quality. Do we have any idea who will be included?

LAM09

Nice to see Corinthians new kit in the update. Hopefully all 3 are in.

And man, can't wait to see classic players modeled in PES2016 quality. Do we have any idea who will be included?

Baggio's one going from the pic above, but that's it. I expect more news in the next week or two

F2P is a really exciting move for PES, toying with the idea of writing a GAF piece for it.

I reckon Legends may end up skewing South American, more so than FIFA. Konami knows their market. If Alvaro Recoba isn't in I'll be legitimately shocked.

After finally giving up on FIFA 16, I come in peace. I will give the free to play version a chance soon. Did they fix the rosters already? I'll only be playing Online, so I'm not too worried about offline/Master League rosters.

spwolf

After finally giving up on FIFA 16, I come in peace. I will give the free to play version a chance soon. Did they fix the rosters already? I'll only be playing Online, so I'm not too worried about offline/Master League rosters.

myclub never had these issues anyway, it even has live update that adjusts player form on weekly basis... they also give us special events, cups, etc, on weekly basis... so it is really well updated and maintained.

I am not sure even if you can buy something right now in mypes in full game? If there is a way, it is not in your face for sure. So they will have to change something for f2p mode.

In any case, this is great for users, i have spend hundreds of hourse in PES2016 already, and it is mostly in mypes mode.

myclub never had these issues anyway, it even has live update that adjusts player form on weekly basis... they also give us special events, cups, etc, on weekly basis... so it is really well updated and maintained.

I am not sure even if you can buy something right now in mypes in full game? If there is a way, it is not in your face for sure. So they will have to change something for f2p mode.

In any case, this is great for users, i have spend hundreds of hourse in PES2016 already, and it is mostly in mypes mode.

What about gameplay elements? What works and what doesn't? I've seen a post on the previous page about broken goalkeepers..

spwolf

What about gameplay elements? What works and what doesn't? I've seen a post on the previous page about broken goalkeepers..

i think you need to judge that for yourself... gameplay is different between different modes and I have fairly good GK in myclub, he doesnt concede too many goals, not if I play decent defense.

If you leave Zlatan alone to shoot (bad defense play), yeah, good chance he will score but this is not like in old pes games, you can stop him before he shoots... if he is alone 10m from the goal and player is patient to shoot at proper time, it is likely going to be a goal... but shouldnt it be?

In any case, i have lost many games in myclub online division, and I dont think I have ever felt it was not fair.

With Eu version of the game at least, there are plenty of players and you can play at any time of the day online, even in sim mode, there will be always opponent found within 5-10s.

Jimrpg

Been thinking about getting this - how's the PC steam version?

All the steam review comments seem to be that its a PS3 game... is it that bad?

I was hoping with all the backlash they might have reduced the price... but its only 25% discount.

snaffles

Been thinking about getting this - how's the PC steam version?

All the steam review comments seem to be that its a PS3 game... is it that bad?

I was hoping with all the backlash they might have reduced the price... but its only 25% discount.

I have been playing the PC version a bunch. I have the PES Galaxy patch installed with all the team kits/leagues etc updated. I am really enjoying it, aside from the goalkeepers being brain dead it is a really fun game. Have already finished one season in the Master League and have made it most of the way through a second. This is my first PES game since the PS2 days though so it seems like a decent jump to me, probably not so much for people that have been keeping up with the yearly updates.

New update is live and, as expected, our edited data has NOT been removed.

They've even created James Alabi for Ipswich (who was loaned out a while ago to Grimsby). Good job, Konami!

Can't wait until March for next month's transfers.

Yaari

Somewhat excited for that F2P version but I am mainly interested in MyClub as FUT is all I've been doing on FIFA 16 pretty much.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That sounds good. Looking forward to give it a go then.
I hope that I won't have too much trouble jumping in, coming from FIFA and all.

It'll take some adjustment for sure, but you shouldn't have too many problems tbh

Just remember to change the button config, since square to shoot is default on PES

Question: In FIFA ranked online matches, Game speed is set to "Normal", in Ultimate Team you're forced to play on Game speed "Fast".

Is PES myClub on regular game speed as opposed to its ranked online speed?

adburns

People on PS4, what does your title screen version number say after the update? Mine still says 1.03, I thought the update was 1.04?

If I look at the update history on the dashboard, it says the latest version is 1.04. Not sure why my version still says 1.03, even after the update.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is it possible to move teams to different leagues/selection slots? I'm gonna create BVB but would like to put them in the European slot alongside Bayern Munich.

Edit: Nevermind done it. Just hope I have enough players to create the team. Noticed some aren't coming up in search so must have different names. >_<

LAM09

Is it possible to move teams to different leagues/selection slots? I'm gonna create BVB but would like to put them in the European slot alongside Bayern Munich.

Edit: Nevermind done it. Just hope I have enough players to create the team. Noticed some aren't coming up in search so must have different names. >_<

Dortmund only have a few players in the game. Kagawa is the only one with a fake name. He's in the Japanese squad

People on PS4, what does your title screen version number say after the update? Mine still says 1.03, I thought the update was 1.04?

If I look at the update history on the dashboard, it says the latest version is 1.04. Not sure why my version still says 1.03, even after the update.

Mine says 1.03 too.

Yaari

So excited for the F2P version tomorrow, my mates are going to get it too

Me too. I do wonder if MyClub has any limitations in the F2P version.
Obviously they might be able to make money on its microtransactions and thus making it free for that reason. I guess.

spwolf

Keepers fixed? :(

seem nicer, better in the box, they catch more balls now instead of pushing them away. You can still score many goals though, it just wont be from them not being able to catch the ball or being confused when ball bounces around in 5m area.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Me too. I do wonder if MyClub has any limitations in the F2P version.
Obviously they might be able to make money on its microtransactions and thus making it free for that reason. I guess.

I'd imagine its unlimited and they'll make money from the microtransactions, yeah

Top Bottom