• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Werewolf |OT| Was it all just a Dream?

Darryl

Banned
What are you doing. <_>

This day is over. No one is paying attention. We are not going to hit scum with this low participation. I don't want any last minute posturing for my inevitable flip. Do your night roles and try again tomorrow.

This day is over. No one is paying attention. We are not going to hit scum with this low participation. I don't want any last minute posturing for my inevitable flip. Do your night roles and try again tomorrow.

Suicide isn't the answer.

Anyway, fuck this.

VOTE: Xamtheking

*Splinter

K, in future I'm policy lynching self-votes

I'm also tempted to policy lynch Darryl for all the bitching and moaning, but I think he's town so I won't.

Darryl, stop being a drama queen, we have two hours left and the votes are still spread pretty thinly. I have no idea who is likely to be lynched at this point.

I don't know what to think any more. Darryl's actions could easily be a gambit to avoid being lynched, or he could just be being Darryl.

We need 15 for a lynching, right?

FluxWaveZ

He's acting very different from last game
I had my suspicions

So let me get this straight. The reasoning for your votes thus far:
  1. Darryl: Acts differently from the last game.
  2. Timeaisis: Following in cabot's footsteps to "light the Time signal."
  3. RobotNinjaHornets: Follow in cabot's footsteps to highlight RNH's inactivity; immediately removes vote when cabot tells you to.
  4. StarSketch: Following in cabot's footsteps as a pure OMGUS vote.
Is that right? These are your reasons for voting for people? These are your reasons to kill them and kick them out of the game? You don't really care about chasing werewolves, do you? It seems like you care more about being cabot's puppet. Why is that?

Jeeeesus Christ. OK. Hm.

Tempted to vote for Darryl just to make the thread a it more posi
don't worry I won't because that would be stupid

I'm not massively into how Xam is playing atm, seems to be doing a lot of following, but I dunno if that's just newnessor if it's him trying to seem relevant.

Style, again, it's hard to tell if it's just newness giving people wolf vibes or not.

Ugh. I dunno. I'm going to wait to see how it pans out, since it looks like it's going to be pretty tight and we don't want a no lynch.

Burbeting

Banned
I can't access the Internets almost at all, but I hope I can contribute more before the day ends. Haven't been able to look at SS yet as much as I should.

Atm I would vote Xamtheking, if I didn't think he is telling the truth about sleepwalker. His voting patterns haven't been exactly towny.

I don't think Darryl is scum either (but I haven't read Werewolf one). Stop being so full of unnecessary drama though..

I'll do my best so that I can have enough info to make a vote before end of the day, don't want to vote with basically rng at this point.

So let me get this straight. The reasoning for your votes thus far:
  1. Darryl: Acts differently from the last game.
  2. Timeaisis: Following in cabot's footsteps to "light the Time signal."
  3. RobotNinjaHornets: Follow in cabot's footsteps to highlight RNH's inactivity; immediately removes vote when cabot tells you to.
  4. StarSketch: Following in cabot's footsteps as a pure OMGUS vote.
Is that right? These are your reasons for voting for people? These are your reasons to kill them and kick them out of the game? You don't really care about chasing werewolves, do you? It seems like you care more about being cabot's puppet. Why is that?
I care about the Town

*Splinter

Jeeeesus Christ. OK. Hm.

Tempted to vote for Darryl just to make the thread a it more posi
don't worry I won't because that would be stupid

I'm not massively into how Xam is playing atm, seems to be doing a lot of following, but I dunno if that's just newnessor if it's him trying to seem relevant.

Style, again, it's hard to tell if it's just newness giving people wolf vibes or not.

Ugh. I dunno. I'm going to wait to see how it pans out, since it looks like it's going to be pretty tight and we don't want a no lynch.
Yeah this'll do

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

Reads incoming btw

cabot

I care about the Town

giphy.gif

FluxWaveZ

Dave is a complete idiot but we need him. Voting for him is anti-town.

Don't give me that, Mr. all-seeing eye. Like Style said, one vote on him and you decide it's time to paint a big red target on your back? And one on Lollipop Dave's? Man, you must really want the wolves to kill one of you, huh?

This isn't unlike a gambit I would pull if I was scum, so why are you confident it is a suicide?

I'm not. I do however find Xam more alarming than you right now.

I've said in Dangan and Election that I find "woe is me, just vote for me" to be some bullshit. But I don't policy lynch over it.

I tried to be calmer but it was agreed by the general population to be scum behavior.

Fuck calm passive Darryl. Aggressive town leader Darryl that was bullying Flux is the Darryl I fell in love with. Even if I challenged that Darryl, it was a Darryl I could respect.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Just looked at the vote count and there's a tie. Therefore as promised:

For various reasons including but not limited to his role claim and how he's been playing this game as well as his recent posts.

I'm not feeling confident on Darryl, but I see Xam as more likely to be scum.

I'm voting Xam just gotten bad vibes with him all day with the role claim and following Cabot. The vote should be at 6 Xam and 5 Darrly with this vote

Darryl

Banned
Accusations bother you? It's Mafia, deal with it

Having multiple people with high personality expectations for you out of the gate when you said at the end of the previous thread (before roles came out) that you were going to try to be a bit less involved is incredibly frustrating. I am forced to fight off an invisible personality monster while also trying to make arguments, which are sidelined for more invisible monster fights. It comes off as capitalizing on an outside weakness to me and I am very obviously lashing out. Anyone who has perpetuated any of these lines of discussion have been my targets for scum because I cannot imagine a town player who would allow that or try to make those arguments.

*Splinter

Alright, lets do this

Lollipop Dave

Dave is a baker. I have no real problem with people posting in a role. Ignore the fluff and see what's left.

I previously said I thought Dave had at least been commenting on events, but looking back he's been slightly less contributive than I remembered. He didn't give any useful comment at all until Cabot called him out.

I don't like this post:
Alright, I'll explain a little. I'm always late to the party. Be it sleep or work, I miss the bulk of discussion at its start. I would then repeat, but that never goes well, I could just not post till I find something relevant myself, but that doesn't go down well either, so I'm just having some fun while I can, at least till it gets more active.

Also fluff = anti-town?
It suggests he's a little too worried about how people are viewing him. A definite red flag, but lets not pretend townies can't be guilty of this as well.

I think Dave is town, but that's more related to Makai's apparent mason claim than anything else. Dave needs to be more proactive tomorrow.

Rats Off To Ya

Not on my list of 4, dealwithit.gif

Rats' first few posts are berating Ultron for revealing his sleepwalker role early. Then there is this post that I only just realised is odd:
Possible scenario that I don't necessarily believe:

ultron, or one of his scum buddies, has reason to believe there is a sleepwalker about. ultron "claims," hoping to draw them out in a moment of false camaraderie. Xam takes the bait.

Just something to keep in mind.
He offers (but doesn't really support) the theory that Ultron's gambit was to draw the sleepwalkers out for scum. Why would scum care so much about possible sleepwalkers? Sure it helps them if they have a lookout, but is it really worth putting one of your own at risk on the first day?

Since then Rats hasn't been around much. His last post points a finger at Ultron again but offers nothing new. He claims to be busy, fair enough, he isn't the lowest contributor of the day.

I guess this is a null read?

ZippedPinhead

"Poor Zipped, always the scummiest town at the ball"
-CzarTim, 2015​

I know from past experience that I'm not great at reading Zipped. For some reason he sets off a lot of scum-alarms even when innocent.

There's not a huge amount for me to analyse here (again, blames Thanksgiving). He talks a bit about how dangerous the Sheriff role is, maybe even overstating the danger. Then he kind of chases inactives for a bit before voting Style:
I've had some time to reread the thread, and two people come out.

One is flux (lots of posts yesterday and not really any today) and the other this style.

If these two styles sticks out. Just a question about the sheriff and deputy and a comment about being on the same team as another player. It's not much BUT it's what I've got based on this. It's seems to be just enough to not get prod votes...

vote: style
This is actually one of the first votes on Style (though its missing from the tracker) and to me it seems weird. Its based on inactivity but I'm sure there were plenty of people who had contributed less at this point? Since then Style has picked up a couple more votes. I'll go back and look for them if I have time but could someone clarify where this suspicion is coming from? Style hasn't stood out to me at all.

I also want to mention this post:
My great and worthy opponent... Another time, another place we were but students, now we live in this town and must live in relative peace. I know not what alignment you are, but yet you propose that a vote against me would be a good idea. Nay, I say Nay! Death should not come prematurely to either of us on this day.

Thanksgiving is rough y'all. Car rides today, dinner and shopping yesterdayz
Ok, I got a chuckle out of the odd flavoring here, but strip that flavor away and this seems like an overreaction to me mentioning I might vote for him (in fact I only named him in a group of four I might vote for, he wasn't even my top suspect at the time).

I'm getting scum vibes from Zipped, as usual. I might vote for him but first I have a question for Terra

I'll end this here for now, I'm aware we are approaching the deadline.
Currently noteworthy people I haven't analysed yet:
Boo Boo'n
Flux
Xamtheking
Style?
Probably more I'm forgetting

I'll just say I've had bad feeling from all of these at some point, except for Style who's picked up a few votes and apparently needs a closer look.

In hindsight, I probably should have done more yesterday :/

*Splinter

Ok I might be too late to vote Zipped? If its really down to Xam v Darryl I'll have to vote Xam, he's been really suspect at times but if anything I'd expect his teammates to be giving him more guidance...

Terrabyte I still want you to explain your vote on Zipped, even if you don't get to do that today

*Splinter

Ok I might be too late to vote Zipped? If its really down to Xam v Darryl I'll have to vote Xam, he's been really suspect at times but if anything I'd expect his teammates to be giving him more guidance...

Terrabyte I still want you to explain your vote on Zipped, even if you don't get to do that today

ehhh I'm really torn on this, so lets try and make things interesting

VOTE: Darryl

Can someone post a timer pls ty

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Sure.

He hit the same notes that Sophia did in the last game. There, but not a huge presence, talking, but not saying a whole lot of new material. Took a hard stance, but not one that really mattered. And, most importantly. gut town read. And considering my past with Zippedpinhead, that's an even bigger warning alarm.

I'll end this here for now, I'm aware we are approaching the deadline.
Currently noteworthy people I haven't analysed yet:
Boo Boo'n
Flux
Xamtheking
Style?
Probably more I'm forgetting

I'll just say I've had bad feeling from all of these at some point, except for Style who's picked up a few votes and apparently needs a closer look.

Yeah, like the guy you're currently voting for :p

Burbeting

Banned
Sure.

He hit the same notes that Sophia did in the last game. There, but not a huge presence, talking, but not saying a whole lot of new material. Took a hard stance, but not one that really mattered. And, most importantly. gut town read. And considering my past with Zippedpinhead, that's an even bigger warning alarm.

That is basically how I look at blenders. And yeah, zipper is one of them (but there is like 29 players here, so the list of blenders right now is so humongous, making a list like that is basically worth nothing).

----

I have internet back, for a second at least. There is still no deputy decided, and the vote is now between xam and darryl. I don't really think neither is scum, but both have made some anti town moves (Xam with his claim and voting mess, Darryl with DramaQueening the heck out of it.)

Out of these two, I would be more comfortable flipping Xam, as the effects of the sleepwalker have been greatly hampered due to the claims, and there is the possibility this is some scumplan he came up with oh a fly (really doubt it though).

And gees Makai, was that light claim really necessary? I had only made some slight notes, and Dave was nowhere near of getting lynched at that point. If you really did light claim there, then overreacting much...

FluxWaveZ

Where the hell is QB

Where the hell is your defense? You're about to be lynched and it seems like you don't even care, just like Lollipop Dave in the previous game.

So I don't actually think you're a wolf, I think you're just new, confused, and lost. That's why I'm voting for someone who I think is way scummier than you are.

But I bet there are 1-2 wolves voting on you right now, and that'll be something to look at when the deed is done.

cabot

I'm happy where I am, I'll switch vote only to break a tie.

Currently that unfortunately will mean I'll hit Xam, I feel his claim is legit (out of the two, Ultron is by far the more suspicious sleepwalker), but it being out in the open has negated its beneficial effects, and I feel Darryl has been more contributive than Xam so far in the game.

Darryl self voting has annoyed me immensely though, I can only hope some night actions can be used to help us suss out what exactly he's been doing this past hour.

Where the hell is your defense? You're about to be lynched and it seems like you don't even care, just like Lollipop Dave in the previous game.

So I don't actually think you're a wolf, I think you're just new, confused, and lost. That's why I'm voting for someone who I think is way scummier than you are.

But I bet there are 1-2 wolves voting on you right now, and that'll be something to look at when the deed is done.
Any defense I could make at this point probably wouldn't get me anywhere.

*Splinter

I don't think I've been very clear on my top suspects today, I'd better rectify that now:

ZippedPinhead, as mentioned recently
CornBurrito, I've gotten even less sure of this since my last post on him, but he hasn't managed to shake off my suspicion completely. Still a light scum read.
Flux? I really should have gone through this one in detail. A lot of the time his posts don't sit right with me. I guess its too late now anyway but I'll take a closer look at him for D2.

Might as well give some top town as well:

Cabot
Crimsonfist
batsnacks? I keep flipping on this one

Burbeting

Banned
I'm happy where I am, I'll switch vote only to break a tie.

Currently that unfortunately will mean I'll hit Xam, I feel his claim is legit (out of the two, Ultron is by far the more suspicious sleepwalker), but it being out in the open has negated its beneficial effects, and I feel Darryl has been more contributive than Xam so far in the game.

Darryl self voting has annoyed me immensely though, I can only hope some night actions can be used to help us suss out what exactly he's been doing this past hour.

Why do you think Ultron is the more suspicious one?

----

I agree with Darryl that most players have been really just... there, and not doing that much at all. The list of people I keep forgetting that are even in this game is really, really big. I'd kinda want to vote someone from that list, but it wouldn't really make an impact at this point.

Any defense I could make at this point probably wouldn't get me anywhere.

Martyrism is not really going to help here...

Top Bottom