• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it to much to ask for some new mobile rpg/srpgs without gacha

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't mind forking up some cash up front. I'm just over all of these mobile games in the rpg realm all resorting to some level of gacha.

It's a huge boner killer for even wanting to install a title if I know gacha is involved.

Mik2121

If you mean Japanese titles, then yes, it's asking too much for them to come up with a new mechanic. If not, you might still have a chance.

Goli

I'm somewhat glad that at least, while Chaos Rings III has gacha, it has no IAP. The 'premium' currency is just earned slowly, but can only be gotten for free.

Free to play games with gambling microtransactions are so profitable and lucrative that I can't see publishers being willing to fund much else. Best you can hope for is ports from other systems.

KarmaCow

It just makes not even want to bother too, it's such a grind for the chance of getting something.

No idea. I just googled it but the closest thing I got was a wiki entry about gashapon machines in Japan. I guess the term means completely revolving around microtransactions?

The parallel is a slot machine, but you always get something, even if it is effective worthless. In games another example would be TF2 or CSGO style crates and keys. You pay to get something from a pool items where the the more worthwhile items are more rare.

No idea. I just googled it but the closest thing I got was a wiki entry about gashapon machines in Japan. I guess the term means completely revolving around microtransactions?

How it works is that you have a pool of things, often "cards" which represent certain characters you can put into your active party. In order to get these cards you have to pay for a draw, and will receive a card chosen by predetermined chances. There are cards ranging from pitifully weak and pointless to super-powerful, and of course it is much more common that you get the former than the latter. This setup is done in the hopes of getting players addicted to buying draws, holding out the chance of getting that one rare card which will lead you to victory.

Well shit. I can see that becoming a huge deterrent to play those games if shelling out dinero for a chance to get something useful is something expected or even required from the player in order to make progress in the game.

To name a few:

Galactic Keep
GK_screen_002.png

Hero Emblems

Battleheart Legacy

Mage Gauntlet | Wayward Souls

Phantom Rift

Warhammer Quest | Warhammer 40k: Deathwatch

Battlestation: Harbinger

Top Bottom