• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 NDC and SWB bundles at 299.99$ starting from december 6th ( ends december 19th)

No way. Just days ago they dropped dropped price to from [very well selling] $400 console to $350. They can milk $350 for entire 2016, and market will not punish them because PS4 is viewed as very desirable console.
Isn't this only for US? Sales have been rather lukewarm here.

I still say Sony was doing a $100 price drop all along and just split it up.

I think they will. At the end of March. $299 Uncharted 4 Bundle. Perfect K.O.
What if the Ps4's price is officially cut to 300 but the Uc4 bundle is 350? I feel like that's one bundle where they'd wanna give away a physical copy of the game.
No way. Just days ago they dropped dropped price to from [very well selling] $400 console to $350. They can milk $350 for entire 2016, and market will not punish them because PS4 is viewed as very desirable console.
The move to $350 hasn't really given it much of a momentum that the Ps4 doesn't already have. At least that's way it seems, you know? I don't notice any huge difference when it got cut to 350. 300 on the other hand...
It doesn't need to be though. They'll go back to $350 with Uncharted nexf month and continue selling steady
well technically it didn't need to go from 400--> 350 either did it?

Toki767

I kind of wonder if Sony's plan is to just clear stock of 500GB models with this and then come January, announce that all PS4s will have 1TB hard drives for $349 or something to that effect.

Freeman

Banned
If the launch software for PS VR turns out great then sony can try to take a loss on hardware for profits from software. They really trying very hard in the VR software and hope to see glimpse of it in PSX.
They should focus on shorter and more accessible experiences at that 10$, 20$ range, I can see a lot of people getting into that. I can easily think of cool uses for pretty much every genre imaginable just using VR and a set of move controllers or dual shock its way more versatile than something like kinetic.

I personally would also pay for very simple things that aren't necessarily games, like a virtual museum of sculptures, Cosmos like interactive documentaries, visiting recreation of famous places (Ancient Rome, the Titanic, Everest, the ISS, a submarine or whatever). A VR blind date app would be pretty funny too.

Now I just hope that Microsoft does the same thing and lowers the cost of their consoles for this holiday season. I didnt purchase an XBOX ONE yesterday because I am HOPING that a good deal comes along at Best Buy or Gamestop before XMAS

Donos

Hope Sony is buying new servers as we speak. Lots of new PS4s downloading firmware, patches and games this christmas...

anothertech

wellthereitis.gif

Was wondering why they didn't have the deal for black Friday. They were waiting to ride the Starwars hype through December.

Holy *ish Sony is playing the cards like pros this gen.

I honestly think that Morpheus...sorry, Playstation VR, is going to be huge and help push millions of PS4 sales more than the games mentioned.

The PS4 and PSVR is going to get the headlines, hype and excitement for being the first virtual reality product positioned for the mass market. At $300 for the console and around $350 for the headset, it's got the lowest entry point in terms of cost out of the big three VR products out there (Oculus Rift and HTC Vive both require a powerful PC).
Even better, there's a chance Sony may do a bundle w/ the enhanced PS4 and Morpheus for $549 or $600 and just take a small hit on immediate hardware profit to make up for it in volume of sales and software revenue.

Software (not just games, but other stuff like virtual tours and simulations) is what's really going to push VR. I'm hoping Sony's serious about the NASA stuff too and goes all-in with that. If I could get to see something like the surface of Mars or a gas giant close up within the next 5-7 years that'd just be flippin' amazing.

Hope Sony is buying new servers as we speak. Lots of new PS4s downloading firmware, patches and games this christmas...
Well at least they aren't using PS3s for their PS4 servers :/

Alebrije

Look like sony lost Black friday.. now they are trying not to loose December.. But i doubt this will help much especially after low reviews of Star Wars game..

images

ngower

Damn. If Sony can keep this up Nintendo are gonna have to cut the Wii U to $200 ASAP. Those are just outright steals for a PS4. Obviously Sony can afford to at this point, but good lord that's cheap.

DR2K

Banned
Microsoft will of course respond with a 9 game bundle, a $100 gift card, a free elite controller, and free stock in MS.

So my White Destiny PS4 is having an issue with disc not inserting at random. But when I unplug power and back, it works just fine. Should I just do a trade in for the bundle just in case it gets worse with time? How much GS will give for a trade-in for the White PS4 I have? Also is it easy to get your stuff transferred from one PS4 to another? Might look into upgrading to a bigger HDD too.

PS: What will happen to my P.T. demo???? will that go away if I switch to a new PS4?

breadtruck

Hell yeah, this is the bundle i wanted. I already own/played/beat all the pack-in games for the other bundles that go on discount (TLoU and Uncharted)

I'm basing my commentary on the fact that GS said Star Wars underperformed expectations on their earnings call and InfoScout posted the following image for game sales on Black Friday. They are usually fairly accurate with their estimates based on 250k receipts. They were proven correct last year and the year prior when NPD came out.

12308270_181038368909890_898585616572652712_n.jpg

You will see that BF is really low on the list for a mutiplatform game that just came out.

It's hard to know what Gamestop's expectations were, but the only two places that we've gotten numbers for (UK and Japan) it performed really really well. We need US numbers before we know if it really underperformed or Gamestop just didn't have realistic expectations going in.

xaosslug

I know it's late but this bugged me quite a bit. I'm pretty sure this statement is factually untrue.

noobie is aloof and oft wrong in their statements. I'm not sure if they're a full-on 'joke character' or someone that just fell into that sort of role... but, I'm pretty sure they just say stuff like this to set off a flurry of replies.

xaosslug

So my White Destiny PS4 is having an issue with disc not inserting at random. But when I unplug power and back, it works just fine. Should I just do a trade in for the bundle just in case it gets worse with time? How much GS will give for a trade-in for the White PS4 I have? Also is it easy to get your stuff transferred from one PS4 to another? Might look into upgrading to a bigger HDD too.

PS: What will happen to my P.T. demo???? will that go away if I switch to a new PS4?

sadly, yes :''(

Damn. If Sony can keep this up Nintendo are gonna have to cut the Wii U to $200 ASAP. Those are just outright steals for a PS4. Obviously Sony can afford to at this point, but good lord that's cheap.

Wii U can't even beat the PS4 at $100 I bet you that.

LowSignal

picked the star wars bundle up at target with the 15% off coupon and hopefully next week when the price drops they will knock the additional $50 off.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

sadly, yes :''(

You can back up your PT demo when you do a backup and restore to a new system.

As for this, funny thing is, even the Star Wars bundles at my local BB were sold out when people could not get the Uncharted ones anymore. I went in on Sunday to pick up my $20 PSTV and there were no PS4's to be found.

So it sold regardless at $350, and will continue to sell more.

Microsoft will of course respond with a 9 game bundle, a $100 gift card, a free elite controller, and free stock in MS.

LOL as long as they come out with a good deal for the 1TB holiday bundle Im a happy camper. Didnt get the system yesterday during Cyber Monday since I figured something better might be coming along before XMAS. I mean really what was I saving, 50 bucks, sales tax here in Cali kills any good deal anyway so hoping for a little something better before the holidays

jrDev

Whelp! Has Sony figured out a way to make me able to play my old PS3 games yet? I want to trade it in...

They'd never give away Uncharted 4 in a bundle so close to launch. You're crazy.

Both yes. They'll probably keep that for BF 2016. That said, I am not sure if $299 tag (even combined with UC4) will be hot enough next year, given the very likely launch of Nintendo's NX and MS' despair of getting crushed by the competition.

Boke1879

Both yes. They'll probably keep that for BF 2016. That said, I am not sure if $299 tag (even combined with UC4) will be hot enough next year, given the very likely launch of Nintendo's NX and MS' despair of getting crushed by the competition.

Not to even discredit Nintendo but the NX is going to have to hit ALL the right notes to be even considered a threat.

The move to $350 hasn't really given it much of a momentum that the Ps4 doesn't already have. At least that's way it seems, you know? I don't notice any huge difference when it got cut to 350. 300 on the other hand...
well technically it didn't need to go from 400--> 350 either did it?

Maybe, but it didn't seem like the price drop to 349 moved the needle much. Bad price drop.

I disagree with these statements. I believe the price drops are doing as intended... Keeping PS4 in line with MS' pricing and maybe even outselling Xbox One. I don't think Sony wanted a repeat of last year where their holiday offering (coming in with two remasters and $50 more than Bone) could be considered less eye-catching than MS' crazy deals.

$350 matches or beats Bone's price on most sku's to help level the playing field this year, yet still makes any temp drop to $299 feel like a deal consumers need to jump on.

GnawtyDog

Banned
picked the star wars bundle up at target with the 15% off coupon and hopefully next week when the price drops they will knock the additional $50 off.

What coupon?

Cyber Monday 15% coupon = no PS4. 20% coupon for making a purchase during BF of 70+ (available Dec 4) = no PS4 either. Sucks all around unless you got an employee discount - 10% (team member) + 5% (red card). Target has "smarten" up.

Top Bottom