• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Beta 2 Thread: Welcome, future 21007s! Now on PC!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripon

Uh, those $40 sticks aren't for players who want a stick for the long term. Buttons are usually bad, the level is worse, and you would have a hard time modding it with better stuff.

DD-11

If it can be opened, and theres room, whats stopping people from putting sanwa or whatever in there?

I would think hori at least would try to make it easy to mod or at least not actively prevent it.

Uh, those $40 sticks aren't for players who want a stick for the long term. Buttons are usually bad, the level is worse, and you would have a hard time modding it with better stuff.

I mean yeah it's definitely not a long term stick at all, it's just for those who want a cheap and small stick who can't afford a $150-$200 stick atm but want to try one. There's definitely gonna be a lot of new PS4 owners in the holiday who'll probably pre-order SFV just for the beta and might need one if they don't like the Dual Shock 4/don't have a regular stick already/don't have much funds. Those with money though should definitely get a real stick like a Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai, TE2, etc though it sucks that there wasn't a lot of Black Friday deals around for them.

Vice

If it can be opened, and theres room, whats stopping people from putting sanwa or whatever in there?

I would think hori at least would try to make it easy to mod or at least not actively prevent it.
I remember the cheap Hori's from early in the 360s life were hard/impossible to mod. I believe a lot of parts were glued which made it very difficult to mod it withiut breaking it.

DD-11

I remember the cheap Hori's from early in the 360s life were hard/impossible to mod. I believe a lot of parts were glued which made it very difficult to mod it withiut breaking it.

Oh yeah, that would suck. Hopefully madcatz's mini or this one will keep modders in mind.

Spman2099

The Hori Mini sticks are REALLY good. I was blown away by how great they are. Seriously consider purchasing one if you are on a budget. I have a mini, an upgraded SE, a TE, and Pro V4. I love all of my sticks, but the best value proposition is definitely the mini.

That being said, I play with the stick on my coffee table, I feel like the mini would be pretty bad on the lap.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does Street Fighter V on PC support unlimited frame rates including 144hz like USF4? or is it limited to 60 hz?

Wonko_C

So it seems everybody or nearly everybody is getting this on Steam:

XjX5AFC.jpg

I am waiting on an official announcement before I even touch it. What if the previous beta won't work and have to redeem this one ourselves to enter the new beta on dec. 17?

bs000

I am waiting on an official announcement before I even touch it. What if the previous beta won't work and have to redeem this one ourselves to enter the new beta on dec. 17?

That's a good point. I was going to try to trade it for keys right away.

It'd be nice if we could play with friends in lobbies in the 3rd beta.
The option was present in the short stress test but was grey'd out.
I really doubt they'd let us but them sending out additional beta invites for people to give out gives me a little bit of hope.

Pachimari

The Hori Mini sticks are REALLY good. I was blown away by how great they are. Seriously consider purchasing one if you are on a budget. I have a mini, an upgraded SE, a TE, and Pro V4. I love all of my sticks, but the best value proposition is definitely the mini.

That being said, I play with the stick on my coffee table, I feel like the mini would be pretty bad on the lap.

Is this the Hori Mini one should get? I would like to use it for my PC and PS4.

And they are sending out additional beta invites? Aren't they only for people who have pre-ordered?

vocab

First person to pm with their steam name, and actually wants to play the beta, gets a beta key. I'm not playing this boring ass game till release.

Spman2099

Is this the Hori Mini one should get? I would like to use it for my PC and PS4.

And they are sending out additional beta invites? Aren't they only for people who have pre-ordered?

So, my mini is for the PS3, actually (it is the Mini 3). I use the Real Arcade Pro V4 (the stick with the Hayabusa parts) for the PS4. However, they have been making the mini for a long time now (definitely since the PS2, possibly since the PS1) and I think they have remained pretty much the same.

You may still end up wanting to get a larger stick at a later date, but I really do think that the mini is a fantastic value. It feels really good, despite having off-brand components.

RK9039

XjX5AFC.jpg

Yeah I just got this, I tried adding it to my library, but of course it doesn't work since we already have the beta added in our libraries from the previous beta. Maybe it replaces the old beta on the day? I'm not really sure.

Whatever the case, it's still in my inventory so it doesn't matter.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I just got an invite for the beta but the steam client is just freezing itself with a popup that says "scanning for steam licenses updates..."
Google did not help me :|

Pachimari

So, my mini is for the PS3, actually (it is the Mini 3). I use the Real Arcade Pro V4 (the stick with the Hayabusa parts) for the PS4. However, they have been making the mini for a long time now (definitely since the PS2, possibly since the PS1) and I think they have remained pretty much the same.

You may still end up wanting to get a larger stick at a later date, but I really do think that the mini is a fantastic value. It feels really good, despite having off-brand components.

I think I'm just gonna buy Street Fighter V for PC, as I already have a Real Arcade Pro V3-SA. And then maybe get another stick for PS4 when Tekken 7 comes out, or I might just stick to the Dual Shock 4.

Also, I have successfully installed my beta on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom