• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Harry Potter [Mafia] |OT| “Yer a werewolf, ‘Arry”

And honestly any one with half a brain has a good idea who you are CM. Please.

If you can guess who I am then why do you doubt my intentions?

I admit there is a huge change in my playing style as opposed to earlier in the game. I'm far more active now than I've been for the past 4 day phases. What would you do if Dumbledore role claimed and asked for the town's protection on Day 2? I had to make sure the Death Eaters wouldn't cast the Cruciatus Curse or try to poison me. There's no point trying to hide in the middle of the pack as a helpful player so I dropped myself near the bottom. The Death Eaters wouldn't touch me if I was a possible lynch target.

Nothing short of posting my entire role PM is going to convince you. All I ask is that everyone have a little faith in what I'm trying to do.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and I've got a good idea(you're making it [seemingly] super obvious btw) what your role is, but lol if you think the person you want to crack that enryption will. He probably didn't even read that post yesterday.

While you're all still wasting valuable time pondering whether Christina and I's name-claiming plan is a good idea or not, because it fucking is, let's take a little detour, shall we.

I'm sure you've all kept yourselves updated on current arcane affairs courtesy of the Daily Prophet.

But let me remind you, that it has articles too:

ARTICLE 1 — link
HARRY POTTER IS LOSING IT AGAIN!

Recent pictures reveal a dark pass our chosen one is walking on. Sources tell that instead of him

preparing to fulfill his destiny he rather dives into a deep tunnel of happiness and joy.

17ldW21.gif

At first it seemed like it was rather a way to compensate the pressure that lasts on his back but the

most recent pictures of him bring up doubt that he is still sane enough to be our savior at the end of

the day.

155VWVA.gif

We might have to consider the possibility of completely losing him to this devilish potion.

oDKlcHz.gif

And he is not the only one.

PiKGxg4.gif

Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts School, the one known as the only wizard the one who

must not be named ever feared and professed lover of ear waxed flavored Bertie Botts Beans also

shows signs of taking the same path as his protégé Harry Potter. Maybe he was even the one who

introduced Harry to this way of fleeing the world of terror we are in.

But what does that mean for the rest of us? Is all hope lost? Should we follow the examples of the

people we are supposed to put our trust in and just enjoy the time we have left without needing to

think about the consequences? I guess we could always trust in miracles and hope that everything

will just work out fine but in the end only the future will show how far this will go...

---

ARTICLE 2 — link
Good evening my lovely readers, last night I received a quite outrageous letter from our favorite little wizard.

rJYzzsV.gif

I won't bother you with the filthy details but it wasn't really nice to say the least. But I know my precios s readers won't let me get away with just that and trust me I will do anything for you.

So I went to Hogwarts to confront our very own chosen one to see how he is doing myself.

Well... unfortunately he wasn't so pleased to see me... My photographer managed to take one picture of him before we've been chased out of the castle.

xTmNvH0.gif

On our way out a wizarding advocate stopped us and threatened us with some legal actions and to be honest my salary in these dark days is way to small to get me through a proper law suit... I am now forced to print a counter statement to my latest article.

Well most of the things said in the article are the truth but this one tiny detail might have arisen from my Quick-Quotes Quill...

So, goddammit I'll admit it. It's right... I can confirm that Harry Potter does not have a problem with prohibited substances!

Don't worry now my dearest readership. I know that there is a lot more going on in that castle and it's just waiting for me to reveal to the world!

---

ARTICLE 3 — link
And here I am, back again with some more juicy stories right from the castle.

This time it's not our lovely chosen one who is tangled in another shocking new twist it is his best buddy with the fiery red hair.

It is almost unbelievable but it seems like Ronald has a thing for 20++ girls. And well, who would hold that agianst him. Ms. McG. is quite a looker.

Ahh I just love when that is happening because insiders revealed that Ronald was quite fascinated by her ever since his first days at Hogwarts. And it took him some years to finally have her on his side.

ncBXEcH.gif

But still, who would have thought that his wildest dreams will actually come true. According to my sources the two lovebirds were hitting it off for quite a while already but it was just now that they had the courage to show their secret to the world.

sHrhN13.gif

I can't wait to see how far this will go. Until then, I'm sure I will find another most shocking story for you tomorrow.

---
ARTICLE 4 — link
Hello hello my lovely readers. Today is another day for another interesting article.

Over the years we have seen some super weird creatures in Hogwarts. Most of them belonged to that gigantic Keeper of the Keys and Grounds.

We saw a three headed dog causing our famous trio some trouble back in the days

wAKVb9E.jpg

And there was this bird/horse that almost killed a Hogwarts student that one time and vanished miraculously before his execution date

H50CEfk.jpg

But even though they both look quite intimidating they have one thing in common. Deep in their hearts they are nice little pets. (At least as long as you know how to calm them^^)

And now, last night when I was doing my research tour around the castle I discovered something. There was a creature wandering around the castle, tall as a grizzly bear but its fur had very odd colors. Black and white to be more specific.

I did not know what it was and what it was doing here but I smelled a story coming off it and followed it around. I will spare you the brutal details. Trust me it was not nice to witness but believe me, there is no way to calm it down. It is pure evil!

I hope it can be stopped before he can do more harm.

Until then, have a great day my dear followers.

~

Now, let's go through each Article, quote-by-filthy-quote. However, I'll start with the latest one, which I feel is the most important yet, and work my way back:

ARTICLE 4 BREAKDOWN, pt. 1

I want to lightly start with the most obvious takeaway I see from this Article, and that's in the second half of it. I will breakdown the first half that I skipped of Article 4, in 4 pt. 2, which will come in some hours time after this, as I super-need to sleep, yo.

For now:

"And now, last night when I was doing my research tour around the castle I discovered something. There was a creature wandering around the castle, tall as a grizzly bear but its fur had very odd colors. Black and white to be more specific.

I did not know what it was and what it was doing here but I smelled a story coming off it and followed it around. I will spare you the brutal details. Trust me it was not nice to witness but believe me, there is no way to calm it down. It is pure evil!"

This one is very straightforward.

former player #7, Arkos, and his avatar:
QpZ3YzV.png

Yep, that's a bear.

"tall as a grizzly bear, but its fur had very odd colors. Black and white to be more specific."

And Arkos the bear was replaced by none other than:

flatearthpandas, and his avatar:
zG7kOQQ.jpg

A black-and-white creature, tall as a grizzly bear. A panda, perhaps? And then, this:

"I will spare you the brutal details. Trust me it was not nice to witness but believe me, there is no way to calm it down. It is pure evil!"

Which sounds to me like this panda did something Bad. Cold-hearted murder-level Bad?

I think flatearthpandas was responsible for last Night's kill. He carried out the Death Eaters' scum factional kill on the TheGoddamn, and our mystery reporter somehow got news of this and is trying to tell us here, rather clearly too.

takeaway not-really-tl;dr: Our mystery journalist, all signs pointing to Rita Skeeter of unknown alignment, is likely being regularly informed of miscellaneous Night actions, Roles and alignments, and has been using the Daily Prophet as a vessel to send us vital intel under our very noses. Flavour-wise, perhaps their ability has to do with the use of a Quick-Quotes Quill, that automatically jots down random notes about a few select Night actions of other players, every Night.

Whoever it may be, they were likely informed of flatearthpandas visiting TheGoddamn last Night, and either was directly informed of pandas' responsibility for the NK or else put two-and-two together after being informed of said visit, Watcher-style. And relayed all this info to us in Article 4.

Hence,

VOTE: flatearthpandas

I believe this source to be fully credible, as I have found all other instances this reporter alludes to as matching the official records; I will elaborate on this in the upcoming episodes of my Article breakdowns, which I am in the process of typing up.

So far, from what I have linked together with past events, the reporter has not lied about anything they have said in the first three Articles, so I believe them to be telling the truth here in Article 4; that they have indeed learned that flatearthpandas is scum and is responsible for TheGoddamn's death last Night.

I don't believe that this mystery reporter is trying to frame flatearthpandas according to any possible Lyncher Win condition of theirs, either. Such an act just doesn't thematically fit in with the rest of the content points of the first three Articles. Thus, I think this is a genuine pro-Town lead we should pursue.

However, please do not be hasty and turbo him or anyone else for that matter, as this is most likely my final Day and I still have much, much more to post before I go, k.

TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 1, Pt. 1 (Article 4 Breakdown, Pt. 1)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 1, Pt. 2 (Article 4 Breakdown, Pt. 2)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 2 (Article 3 Breakdown)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 3 (Article 2 Breakdown)
- The Profit of Regret, Pt. 4 (Article 1 Breakdown)
- Overworld Summary v2.0
- Your Designated Hit List for the Future (ft. NameclaimzZz) ((I still need them, keep them coming))
- Rustle Jumpscarecrow

brb sleep

Kalor

That's an interesting theory. I remember thinking that Rita got information on D2 but I never really read too deeply into the other ones. Article 3 is interesting and we could directly prove the validity of it today. I presume it means that Ron (me) visited or was visited by McGonagall. That's the only thing I can think of.

Good Morning :)

So Blarg ratified what I was guessing about Sirius Black. Dumbledore knows about Sirius' true alignment and Blarg now claims he knows, that in fact L_P is a Miller... dropping the L_P case like a hot potato

Unvote

About the name claims. I am totally against that! I actually even fear the 2nd win condition might have something to do with it... The only evidence I have for that is that CM jumped onto that train too and if he is who I think he is there is a chance that is actually the case.

About the daily prophet I actually have no clue what creature in any Potter books or movies is black and white specifically. The only thing I thought of was wizard chess but I don't know were to go from there. But I had another thought.
And I do follow Blargs theory because it matches with mine. It really feels like the description of the two avatars of those players together... I think the article also is the "darkest" one so far. Maybe dark is the wrong word but the others sounded more positive than this.

Do you think it's worth a risk? We don't know the alignment of the author and therefore he could easily throw us under the bus with this lead.

Right now I think my final vote will go to Pandas but I hope we discuss that a little first.

Top Town:
1 Blarg, even if I never was more frustrated with him than today
2 Kawl, there was never a moment I did not follow his argumentation and poisoned.
3 Rynam, poisoned.

Yes, they are all more or less confirmed but I just don't believe anything until there is some kind of proof. This leads us to my top scum

Top Scum:
1 Crab, still don't trust him, too many missing puzzle pieces here.
2 LoC, basically because I don't trust Crab and he saved LoC from lynching on D3. This one builds on the other so I don't have as strong of a feeling about it as to crab.
3 flatearthpandas, he is new to the list. And it's based on the article only.

I will be off all day today and I don't post on mobile because my phone is crap. Will be back tmr morning. Bye

Lol

I'm out and about right now, Saturday evening here, so I'll post more later but no, I did not kill thegoddamn or anyone else. Am interested in looking at the other articles to see how reliable they are and whether there's precedence for believing it would make references to avatars or anything outside of the hp universe. Flavor-wise, Skeeter is about as unreliable as it gets. Not that that is worth much in game, but at least name:power wise, flavor has already shown to not totally unrelated.

Gorlak

Banned
Everyone should give out the name of their character. Don't worry about mine, I'll reveal it at the end.

I have evidence that Lone_Prodigy is who he claims to be. Let's not waste any time arguing about his innocence.

As for Blarg's TURNABOUT INVESTIGATION? He didn't do his homework early.

I believe I've dropped enough hints. If you keep badgering me about my powers I'm going to have to paint you as a Death Eater. We've just over 2 days left, let's not waste it.

TELL US FOR FUCKS SAKE!
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU AND BLARG?!

You are playing your own game and want town to lose obviously! Why would you withhold evidence that clears a name? Now you two bond together and do the "BELIEVE ME" shit. NO, if it is such a clear case, why can't you back it up? We have the L_P death eater alignment. All of a sudden Blarg and you turned around and claim evidence of L_P's innocence.

What's the problem? Proof it.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

Kalor

TELL US FOR FUCKS SAKE!
WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU AND BLARG?!

You are playing your own game and want town to lose obviously! Why would you withhold evidence that clears a name? Now you two bond together and do the "BELIEVE ME" shit. NO, if it is such a clear case, why can't you back it up? We have the L_P death eater alignment. All of a sudden Blarg and you turned around and claim evidence of L_P's innocence.

What's the problem? Proof it.

It's the encrypted messages, the proof was in those. The key that was stated earlier was "The final sentence" and that refers to the horcrux win condition which only four people should know about, myself included. I don't know if I should say what the information in those messages was but that's where they got it from. I have no reason to doubt that information, I went down that road earlier and it seems unlikely that it would be false.

Leap of Faith, I said it a while ago but may as well do it again.

roytheone

Hmmm, that is an interesting theory about the Prophet commenting on things that happened during the night, it is definitely a plausible explanation.

About the pandas thing: It is indeed quite the coincidence, but on the other hand the prophet only talked about ingame characters, so it is a bit weird if it suddenly went meta and mentioned the avatars of (ex)players.

It's the encrypted messages, the proof was in those. The key that was stated earlier was "The final sentence" and that refers to the horcrux win condition which only four people should know about, myself included. I don't know if I should say what the information in those messages was but that's where they got it from. I have no reason to doubt that information, I went down that road earlier and it seems unlikely that it would be false.

Leap of Faith, I said it a while ago but may as well do it again.

Thank you. Though I'd hoped you'd be a bit more subtle than that :) Also I didn't mean to call you incompetent.

I trust you will keep everything I've said in strict confidence until neither Blarg nor I are around.

Gorlak

Banned
We have Dumbledore, Hermoine and Ron vouching for Sirius Black? I'm starting to believe you. Your role claims should rule out a scum gambit, as the real persons would have spoken up. This will also eliminate the tailor theory.
I'm still worried about the secret win condition. You all make a big fuss about it and deny to share any info. This gives me reason to believe my theory is right and town isn't impacted by this additional condition. Blarg used his position to gain influence over everyone and naturally people would believe Dumbledore. The fact that Retroid gave us the real information is a thorn in your side. He revealed to us that only the group of you four will win.

I don't understand why you can't reveal the evidence speaking in favour of L_P. It's even more unclear why Sirius should be mentioned in your win condition about horcruxes at all.

BSP has Sirius anything to do with the horcruxes? Do they believe he needs to survive in order for them to achieve their condition? Are you guys sure Sirius is mentioned explicitly and it can't be any other person or creature?

Please tell us the truth and we can get past this chaotic matter.

Gorlak

Banned
In fact I believe, you wanting every single name in the game will ONLY help your little group to achieve your secret condition! Blarg will probably destroy the ring tonight, then you need to destroy a third horcrux and you are done.
If you truly would have towns interest in your minds you would simply share your knowledge and help everyone to win. You are clearly working in your own interest.

Any other town member should think carefully about this possibility.

20 Blargonaut - Albus Dumbledore [confirmed]
21 Kalor - Ron Weasley [confirmed]
24 Christina Mackenzie - Hermione Granger [confirmed]
25 Lone_Prodigy - Sirius Black [confirmed]

Are you actually serious? Do you actually believe that Albus Dumbledore, Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, 's Win condition is to secretly fuck off his castle in complete solitude after NOT ONLY killing V and destroying the Horcruxes as a secondary, but as a primary instead of winning with Town?

There is no magical castle for the four of us. We're all in this together.

Gorlak

Banned
There is no magical castle for the four of us. We're all in this together.

Nope, sorry. You are making every other ordinary feel like shit for knowing less than you and you are taking full advantage of that. You make it sound like they have no other option as to trust you and your "oh so powerful secret knowledge". I think you are simply lying.

That's disgusting.

Why would you not share the evidence about L_P? I can't trust you three about the win condition.

Kalor

So, part of the reason why I claimed my name earlier today was to clear up the win condition stuff. I do not think that it only applies to the four of us. The actual win condition doesn't suggest that. So the default win condition that all town get says "You win when..." while the horcrux one says "You also win...", I always assumed that it would also apply to town, we only have it because only a few people knew about the horcruxes if we go about it from a flavour perspective. I didn't even think about the idea of it only applying to us until someone suggested it on D2.

Thank you. Though I'd hoped you'd be a bit more subtle than that :) Also I didn't mean to call you incompetent.

I trust you will keep everything I've said in strict confidence until neither Blarg nor I are around.

I didn't really mind it. I said the phrase at the start of the day but I just assumed you didn't see it.

So, part of the reason why I claimed my name earlier today was to clear up the win condition stuff. I do not think that it only applies to the four of us. The actual win condition doesn't suggest that. So the default win condition that all town get says "You win when..." while the horcrux one says "You also win...", I always assumed that it would also apply to town, we only have it because only a few people knew about the horcruxes if we go about it from a flavour perspective. I didn't even think about the idea of it only applying to us until someone suggested it on D2.

Please be discreet about the "key". Don't post it in full. Death Eaters will try and guess it.

Gorlak

Banned

There we have it. When it says "You also win..." it clearly refers to your role alone. It does in no way include the whole of town. That's why CM and Blarg have been so mysterious about it, I guess.

The role PM always only refers to the single condition you yourself have to achieve. It only becomes the town win condition because it is shared between all of them. You (Blarg, CM, Kalor and Retroid) have another second condition. Hence the "you also win..."

Kalor

There we have it. When it says "You also win..." it clearly refers to your role alone. It does in no way include the whole of town. That's why CM and Blarg have been so mysterious about it, I guess.

The role PM always only refers to the single condition you yourself have to achieve. It only becomes the town win condition because it is shared between all of them. You (Blarg, CM, Kalor and Retroid) have another second condition. Hence the "you also win..."

If you have two win conditions it reads better if you don't have "You win" for both of them. I still believe that it is just a hidden Town condition as well and I will stand by that point. However it doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things either way. We're still all looking for the scum anyway.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
? d?n't w?nt ? m?ss-cl??m y?t, b?t ? d? w?nt R?t? t? cl??m. ?f R?t? ?s ?n ?nv?st?g?t?v? r?l? ?nd c??ght sc?m, th?n s/h? sh??ld ??t - 1 f?r 1 tr?d? ?t th?s st?g? ?s v?ry ?dv?nt?g???s. ?f th?r? ?s n? cl??m, ? ?m d?s?ncl?n?d t? b?l??v? ?ny r?p?rts - ?sp?c??lly ?s fl?v??rw?s? R?t? w??ld s??m n??tr?l ?t b?st.

? b?l??v? Chr?st?n? ?nd c? - th??r cl??ms m?tch t?? cl?s?ly. ?dd?t??n?lly, n?w th?y ?r? ?ll cr?ss-c?nf?rm?d, ? ?m st?rt?ng t? s?? th? v?l?? ?f ? m?ss-cl??m. ?t d?p?nds on wh?th?r R?t? ??ts ?r n?t. ?f R?t? ??ts ?nd cl??ms t?wn, th?n ? s?y m?ss-cl??m. ?th?rw?s?, h?ld b?ck.

Gorlak

Banned
Hyperactivty, and TheWorthyEdge, respectively.

You protected TWE during N3, the confirmed neutral thief who was going to die the next night anyway?! Why on earth would you do that? He was already poisoned and scum wouldn't kill him while he had the ring.

Neutral Rita Skeeter. Libel against everyone still alive in the game. Nobody else claim or she wins.

This post is weird. What are you talking about exactly? Who should not claim what? Why would she win? How would you know all of this?

@Blarg: Did you receive the ring last night? It's almost certain you'll die tonight, will you destroy it beforehand?

You didn't answer this question before, but I certainly don't expect an upright answer from you anymore.

Or whoever Hogwarts trusts... you choose. Apart from the ones I've listed in my previous post whom do you trust? If I can convince him/her about our intentions then will that satisfy you?

Why don't you talk to Kawl? He is high on many reads list as town and was poisoned last night, which implicitly confirms his alignment.

If you have two win conditions it reads better if you don't have "You win" for both of them. I still believe that it is just a hidden Town condition as well and I will stand by that point. However it doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things either way. We're still all looking for the scum anyway.

It does matter because you are effectively looking for horcruxes, which is your job and win condition. While you still can win with the rest of town, you all look like you prefer to go after the horcruxes.
As I said it reads to me that only those who have the win condition in their pm will win by them. Let's agree to disagree at this point.

Gorlak

Banned
I don't want a mass-claim yet, but I do want Rita to claim. If Rita is an investigative role and caught scum, than s/he sould out - 1 for 1 trade at this stage is very advantageous. If there is no claim, I am disinclined to believe any reports - especially as flavourwise Rita would seem neutral at best.

I believe Christina and co - three claims match too closely. Additionally, now they are all cross-confirmed, I am starting to see the value of a mass-claim. It depends on whether Rita outs or not. If Rita outs and claims town, than I say mass-claim. Otherwise, hold back.

Why would Rita be town(?) and out herself? I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. She maybe could try to gamble and out herself and count on not being lynched as a neutral.

Actually this would be the best route to gain trust for her, as she probably doesn't interfere with the win conditions of town and scum like myself. But maybe she has to stay hidden or it's better that way for her to achieve her condition?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why would Rita be town(?) and out herself? I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. She maybe could try to gamble and out herself and count on not being lynched as a neutral.

Actually this would be the best route to gain trust for her, as she probably doesn't interfere with the win conditions of town and scum like myself. But maybe she has to stay hidden or it's better that way for her to achieve her condition?

B?c??s? ?f w? d? n?t th?nk R?t? ?s t?wn, w? h?v? n? r??s?n t? f?ll?w h?r "r?p?rt".

Gorlak

Banned
Because if we do not think Rita is town, we have no reason to follow her "report".

Right, that is reasonable. I personally don't think she could be town, but if she is I agree she should claim. Related to this I want flatearthpandas to answer my question above, as they seemed to know more earlier.

Kawl_USC

If Retroid hadn't already flipped as HP I would swear the trio were given as cover stories to scum as a f you to lore diggers and that Blarg was being Blarg, but holy fuck you guys really either need to share more info with the rest of town or start acting like basically a different faction.

Let me say this, if you have horcruxes as your ultimate goal like some think there's a possibility I could be helpful with that. But I ain't saying shit without some quid pro quo.

Haven't read enough into the Rita stuff to comment at the moment. Will get around to that in the afternoon. Is there a reason Rita revealing alone changes your stance on name claims Crab? I might have missed it if you said earlier as your post are annoying as hell to read.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If Retroid hadn't already flipped as HP I would swear the trio were given as cover stories to scum as a f you to lore diggers and that Blarg was being Blarg, but holy fuck you guys really either need to share more info with the rest of town or start acting like basically a different faction.

Let me say this, if you have horcruxes as your ultimate goal like some think there's a possibility I could be helpful with that. But I ain't saying shit without some quid pro quo.

Haven't read enough into the Rita stuff to comment at the moment. Will get around to that in the afternoon. Is there a reason Rita revealing alone changes your stance on name claims Crab? I might have missed it if you said earlier as your post are annoying as hell to read.

? w?nt r?l?s th?t c??ld p?t?nt??ly b? s?sp?c??s ??t ?f th? w?y f?rst. ?f w? c?n ?s?l?t? ? gr??p ?f p??pl? w? d?n't tr?st, w? c?n g? thr??gh th?m ?nd d?l?y th? m?sscl??m ?s l?ng ?s p?ss?bl?.

Curious... tell me are you the sort of person with an open mind and a big heart?

This post is weird. What are you talking about exactly? Who should not claim what? Why would she win? How would you know all of this?
Still out, at a late dinner, will still go into more detail in the morning about the accusation(?) against me from Blarg. But to respond here briefly, it was a joke, suggesting Skeeter might have to write a crazy story about every character in the game to achieve a neutral win condition. Just based off my understanding that your (Umbridge's) win condition is apparently to brand every living character in the game. Have no info on who Skeeter might be or what their win condition actually is (though I do assume Skeeter is the role), just being social.

I'm confident there's nothing to be read into this or anything else I've said or done. While I would discredit the Daily Prophet from both a lore perspective and personal knowledge that I'm not scum and haven't killed anyone, would still like to look at it objectively tomorrow in case there is useful information to be gleaned.

You have my full attention now.

I have nothing further to ask until Blarg gets back. I needs his investigation reports.

Rest assured, my aim now is to eliminate the Death Eaters. That's the best way for Hogwarts to win.

My apologies if I came off as scum but I felt it necessary to keep things secretive until the right moment.

Gorlak

Banned
I have nothing further to ask until Blarg gets back. I needs his investigation reports.

Rest assured, my aim now is to eliminate the Death Eaters. That's the best way for Hogwarts to win.

My apologies if I came off as scum but I felt it necessary to keep things secretive until the right moment.

You shall not ask him anything, you yourself offered the option to convince him of your reputable intentions. The fact that you are "now" aiming to eliminate Death Eathers says it all... you tried to play town like a fiddle.
I still believe the inner circle of the four horcrux hunters are acting to achieve their win condition. While you certainly will be able to win with the rest of town by eliminating Death Eaters, that was never your top priority.

I'm still waiting on the L_P evidence and how Sirius is connected to the horcruxes in any way. I have the feeling you want him alive because he'd be crucial to this seperate win condition and that you are not entirely sure if he really is Sirius, but have to play along for whatever reason.

L_P do you know anything of the horcruxes? Do you belong to this inner circle of enlighted people?

Kawl_USC

To be clear, I can see a way that this could lean into what you and Blarg are asking. I can also see several ways in which this can just be to further your own means. You have proven something to me, but that something isn't how true your intentions are.

Gorlak

Banned
Since CM insist on waiting instead of taking action I'll take a look at the current situation (and please answer the posts above CM):

1 Blargonaut (Dumbledore)
2 Rynam (Moody)
3 Gorlak (Umbridge)
4 Lord of Castamere (Dobby)
5 Crab (Filch)
6 Christina Mackenzie (Hermione)
7 Kalor (Ron)
---
8 Enker (stupefied once)
9 Kawl_USC (poison)
10 Lone_Prodigy (Death Eater Aligned)
---
town feeling:
Flame_AC
roytheone
MagnumBoy20xx
---
leaving:
TheExodu5 (109)
TheAwesomePossum (63)
bananaspaceprincess (40)
Matt Attack (39)
Flatearthpandas (15+21)

Out of the last group Possum claimed Ordinary. The other four are equally suspicious in my eye. BSP only talks about flavour which is worringly weird. Matt and Pandas are just not here and could be very well scum. As said before TheExodu5 offers nothing to grab onto, although he went after L_P at the beginning of this day (which gives him some townie points).

It boils down to the three least active players. I'd take a really close look at BSP, Matt and Pandas if we search for low activity scum. Certainly we are missing a good hunch or evidence to find scum today.

Please take into account I've only been here for half the game, am asleep for late day accusation orgies--which can be verified by my application to the mafia games in general, which included my time zone--and Arkos was replaced for low activity. I've been basically press-ganged into analyzing the daily prophet and will do so, but don't lynch me on activity. Given my time in the game, even discounting regional differences, I'm averaging better activity than other players.

Enker

Did any of the quartet receive a list of what Horcruxes exist in game? If so, I’d only want to know the number, not which ones specifically.

It would answer at least one question in the back of my mind.]

As for Daily Prophets...what potion or Horcrux would Retroid have come in contact with to explain #1 or #2? Impossible to tell...and the Dumbledore references are easily explained by Dumbledore going after KingKitty.

Kalor

Did any of the quartet receive a list of what Horcruxes exist in game? If so, I’d only want to know the number, not which ones specifically.

As for Daily Prophets...what potion or Horcrux would Retroid have come in contact with to explain #1 or #2? Impossible to tell...and the Dumbledore references are easily explained by Dumbledore going after KingKitty.

I don't know about the others but I never got a list and I doubt Blarg did if he hasn't mentioned it by now.

TheExodu5

Banned
Sorry guys I'm going to be somewhat inactive this day. Might not be able to post/read much this weekend.

From what little I've read, we have 3 confirmed power roles backing L_P now, so I'll retract.

Unvote

I await more article analysis posts before making a decision on pandas. It would be strange for the journalist to use mets reference that way, but we'll see from more analysis if there's any precedent for that.

Enker

More DP thoughts:

Seeing as BSP is a lore friend
although I have the more professional headshot ;)
, having a Luna avatar holding the Daily Quibbler would be a nice little breadcrumb towards her being Rita.

Too much WIFOM for me to take it seriously, but you never know. We did just lynch a pacifist Harry Potter after all...

Why is this a thing? Do people really think Stupify isn't a Hogwarts spell? Death Eaters don't use that much in lore. I actually think it's Rons spell personally, though all 3 Mcs used it quite a bit in lore. It shouldn't be used as a measure of town. BTW if this is your spell Kalor, don't confirm. Just speculation.

You protected TWE during N3, the confirmed neutral thief who was going to die the next night anyway?! Why on earth would you do that? He was already poisoned and scum wouldn't kill him while he had the ring.

Yes, for two reasons. One, I was afraid of the Horcruxes and what bad things might happen, and two I was curious to see if I could block posion. I was also pretty upset at town for the previous day.

No list on me.

Retroid's actions.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=188289473&postcount=2956

roytheone

For now I am willing to put my trust in the horcrux 4 (5 if you count Kawl, but he doesn't seem to be completely on board yet). Having such a big group of basically confirmed townies would be really helpful, especially if some of them manage to reach the end phase of this game, since in a Lylo or Mylo situation every player you can be pretty much sure of is town is a huge asset. They having a separate horcrux win condition that doesn't include us is possible I guess, but it does sound a bit unlikely to me. And even if it is true, what can we realistically do against it? If we were to focus on preventing the horcrux 4 getting their alternative win, that would keep us from hunting for the real scum, which will probably end badly for both us and the horcrux 4. So I rather try and hunt for real scum, which is why I am keeping my vote on LoC for now.

More DP thoughts:

Seeing as BSP is a lore friend
although I have the more professional headshot ;)
, having a Luna avatar holding the Daily Quibbler would be a nice little breadcrumb towards her being Rita.

Too much WIFOM for me to take it seriously, but you never know. We did just lynch a pacifist Harry Potter after all...

I tend to not put too much stock into avatars. A lot of people change them before they get their role PM's, and changing it after you know who you are may be a bit too much on the nose.

Flame_AC

I've decided to share part of my name. My first name starts with an S and ends with an S. I need to fully read through Blarg's post on the Prophet so I'll talk about that later. I also do not like this divide in the town between the important people in the story and the others.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided to share part of my name. My first name starts with an S and ends with an S. I need to fully read through Blarg's post on the Prophet so I'll talk about that later. I also do not like this divide in the town between the important people in the story and the others.

?

Kawl_USC

Lol. If two possibilities for this hadn't already flipped/been claimed this might have been more effective. At that point might as well just full claim. And to be honest seems like something that could be a provided cover for scum IMO.

Top Bottom