• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Please note that we will be extending this day phase by 24 hours to compensate for the Christmas holiday! The day phase will end on Saturday instead of Friday.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Well then...

So I guess we have two main talking points:

1. Last vote, not just the ones on Ultra Jay, but those on TAPnas well.

2. Why kill Sorian, he was definitely a controversial character who was in prime suspicion. Maybe to throw our reads off?

Also, before anything else, I'd like to state I will not be here tomorrow, the 23rd, because I am traveling.
So if I seem quiet on Wednesday, that's why.

vote: Darryl

Your posting yesterday was extremely suspect, and even though you have a double vote power, I don't know if I trust you. The flip flopping back and forth between not doubling and doubling.

Oh and the fact that you didn't die after a doctor died for our team...

nin1000

Banned
We should not count out the possibility of the following

1. Someone blocking a killer
2. someone getting saved ( i know the doc is death but well , you never know

Darryl

Banned
vote: Darryl

Your posting yesterday was extremely suspect, and even though you have a double vote power, I don't know if I trust you. The flip flopping back and forth between not doubling and doubling.

Oh and the fact that you didn't die after a doctor died for our team...

We have a claimed cop who didn't die and I'm the one suspect?

I flip flopped for good reason. If you people were loose with your vote we wouldn't have killed a PR.

Sigh

Well, scum have essentially made a fool of me. I was roleblocked last night, and I can see what will happen in the future now. My only utility at this point is to take up that roleblock, and you guys will probably take care of the rest.

I'm assuming scum are essentially just waiting for the scummy cop to get lynched. Each night from here on out that I claim roleblocked, I'm going to look more and more suspicious. The rest of you will likely buy it night 1, but night 2? 3? 4? I hope that you guys will trust me on this one, and I'll do my best to be of use to town, but unfortunately it seems that use will not come in the form of my role, asides from the roleblock being taken up by me.

The other possibility, somewhat unlikely tbh, was a town switcher and roleblocker getting really unlucky, and I hope this is the case, but sadly I see the first option as more likely

I targeted Xamtheking last night btw

We have a claimed cop who didn't die and I'm the one suspect?

I flip flopped for good reason. If you people were loose with your vote we wouldn't have killed a PR.

Your suspect because it would make more sense for scum to block hyper and kill you. If hyper didn't learn anything last night we will probably kill him today, Him not dying Last night is not out of the question. If hyper is who he says he is, then scum wants us to kill him for not getting informatio. (Which will make him look scummy). I have no problem voting him, because I didn't believe his day 1 role claim either.

I'm voting you because unless your role says you HAVE to vote double, I don't understand why you flip flopped between doubling and not doubling. You didn't clarify that you had to double and had screwed up before, you just did it. This kind of flagrant voting strikes me as a scum PR not a town one.

Can you guys point out the post where he did ?

Post 873, clarifies role in 875.

Sigh

Well, scum have essentially made a fool of me. I was roleblocked last night, and I can see what will happen in the future now. My only utility at this point is to take up that roleblock, and you guys will probably take care of the rest.

I'm assuming scum are essentially just waiting for the scummy cop to get lynched. Each night from here on out that I claim roleblocked, I'm going to look more and more suspicious. The rest of you will likely buy it night 1, but night 2? 3? 4? I hope that you guys will trust me on this one, and I'll do my best to be of use to town, but unfortunately it seems that use will not come in the form of my role, asides from the roleblock being taken up by me.

The other possibility, somewhat unlikely tbh, was a town switcher and roleblocker getting really unlucky, and I hope this is the case, but sadly I see the first option as more likely

My point exactly!

Oh and I didn't forget, I have reasons to vote Darryl over hyper...

I've stated before that I don't really believe Hyper's roleclaim. Seems like the kind of claim someone who's about to be lynched would make to save their skin. His ability to deliver the goods is pretty much going to make or break if we lynch him tonight.

As for why scum killed Sorian, that's pretty easy to figure out. The less discussion there is, the more it hurts town, and Sorian more than any player tries to push for discussion.

Swamped

Banned
I can believe that the cop would be protected, as it's probably the most powerful town role. So maybe scum decided to play it safe and kill someone else. Still, that was a little too safe given that we had just lynched or doctor. Who were they expecting would protect Hyper the cop lol? Guess it doesn't hurt to be suspicous of Hyper. Let's see what his results say.

I have reads that I'll be posting tomorrow probably. Lots to say.

I was flip flopping on Sorian tbh. By the very end of the day i thought he was scum! So i think re-reading the end of D1 in light of his alignment will be helpful for me.

YOU SCUM COWARDS, TAKING ADVANTAGE OF, OF THE, UH

KNIGHT

AND ROBBED OF REVENGE YET AGAIN

WELL

CHALK IT UP TO UNPREDICTABILITY IN A IN A COMPLEX SYSTEM I GUESS

nin1000

Banned
and just to clarify , not an excuse though, i had to end a game and i blocked everything else. I will use the tactics i learned at the school and just say that

those who call others idiots are the real idiots.

nin1000

Banned
I was flip flopping on Sorian tbh. By the very end of the day i thought he was scum! So i think re-reading the end of D1 in light of his alignment will be helpful for me.

Since he was partly responsible for the doc lynch he was high up there on my scum list, but well...

Darryl

Banned
Your suspect because it would make more sense for scum to block hyper and kill you. If hyper didn't learn anything last night we will probably kill him today, Him not dying Last night is not out of the question. If hyper is who he says he is, then scum wants us to kill him for not getting informatio. (Which will make him look scummy). I have no problem voting him, because I didn't believe his day 1 role claim either.

I'm voting you because unless your role says you HAVE to vote double, I don't understand why you flip flopped between doubling and not doubling. You didn't clarify that you had to double and had screwed up before, you just did it. This kind of flagrant voting strikes me as a scum PR not a town one.

We also have Xam who was outed as a PR and could have any role under the sun. However, no one killed him.

I'm Zidane Tribal, btw, and my trance allows me to vote twice. I don't get to use it every turn. It has to recharge apparently. I also can't undo it.

Instead of asking me for these details, though, you'd rather frame me as scum first right out of the gate. Do you have some kinda agenda? Your story amd suspicions line up with Hyperactivity almost too well. Just assuming scum has a roleblock and would spare him right from the start, in a world with no doctor? This is all highly suspect

I'm confused as to you already seemingly having knowledge on a roleblock that occurred at night. It is one of the more likely scenarios if the cop is still alive, but it's still something to note down

Sigh

...I...don't...know...
Like, it sounds plausible enough, but part of me really thinks it might just be you trying to get out of having to actually claim who you read in case you come up wrong.

Eh, fuck it

Vote: Hyperactivity

...I...don't...know...
Like, it sounds plausible enough, but part of me really thinks it might just be you trying to get out of having to actually claim who you read in case you come up wrong.

Eh, fuck it

Vote: Hyperactivity

???

You were incredibly doubtful about my claim, but now your issue is that I'm worried about my read going wrong?

What?

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

???

You were incredibly doubtful about my claim, but now your issue is that I'm worried about my read going wrong?

What?

VOTE: Pop-O-Matic

Poor wording on my part. What I meant is that I think your role claim is fake and the reason you're saying you're roleblocked is so that you don't have to fake-claim someone's alignment only for them to counter-claim, exposing the ruse.

Poor wording on my part. What I meant is that I think your role claim is fake and the reason you're saying you're roleblocked is so that you don't have to fake-claim someone's alignment only for them to counter-claim, exposing the ruse.

If I was scum, I really wouldn't need to worry about that

I'm being sincere in saying that I was roleblocked and that I attempted to investigate Xamtheking. It's up to you guys to believe me at this point, but I'm not liking my chances in the coming days

Darryl

Banned

He can't be wrong unless he hits a neutral, which is possible I suppose

Darryl

Banned
We have 3 players acting odd right out of the gate

1. Zipped making huge assumptions
2. Nin is playing dumb. (Why would he do this?)
3. Pop doesn't understand that mafia knows all players alignment

So that's great

We have 3 players acting odd right out of the gate

1. Zipped making huge assumptions
3. Pop doesn't understand that mafia knows all players alignment

So that's great

Nin specifically bothers me. Dude was there and active all of yesterday, but that's about it. I feel like he didn't actually say much at a cursory glance of his posts

Nin specifically bothers me. Dude was there and active all of yesterday, but that's about it. I feel like he didn't actually say much at a cursory glance of his posts

Yeah, he just comes off as scum trying to peacock and post a bunch of fluff to look like they're actually contributing to the discussion when they're actually stifling it. He'd probably be #1 on my list right now if it wasn't for 1) your sus role claim and 2) Darryl's aggressiveness to Sorian + Sorian's death.

Darryl

Banned

No, he didn't. I gave him a pass on it because it looked like he was paying attention and trying. I still think he was paying attention. I think he's trying to act like he doesn't know what's going on.

nin1000

Banned

Seriously now, i am NOT paying dumb, i explained myself already Daryll, i wish sorian was here, since he he was you punching ball and you were his.

What was there to say or discuss ? Daryll and Sorian going at each other ? at the beginning of the day there was nothing going on, ofc i took that chance and posted a lot of shit. But here we are Day 2 and i am here and trying to be better player.

BTW HISTORY BUFFS, DON'T YOU FIND THE FACT THAT SORIAN HAD A A A A, UH, DAY OVERRIDE, HIGHLY

IRONIC

TICK THAT OFF YOUR NOTEPAD, HMM, SORIAN

AHA

HA

nin1000

Banned
No, he didn't. I gave him a pass on it because it looked like he was paying attention and trying. I still think he was paying attention. I think he's trying to act like he doesn't know what's going on.

I know what is going on Daryll, it was a poor choice of words of me trying to ask if someone could quote his RC since i did not want to bother going back 2/3 pages back.
Yep blame me for being lazy but not for "trying to play dumb"

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO WHO LIVES AND WHO DIES TODAY... HMM?

BUT WHY? WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS, UH, THIS WAY? OUR COSMIC BODIES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL

UM

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MIRROR?

MWAH~

And blarg is being more unhelpful then usual to top it all off.

VOTE: Blargonaut

Would you please sorta try and discuss things. You can be reasonable, I now that from experience, but you're just being annoying right now

Blarg, it doesn't seem like you're even attempting to contribute to the conversation

And you. I let you off easy at the end of the day because you were gone, but we've had three known power roles and none of them died. Given that you're already outed, I want a name and title, and have a request for you to step it up today

Top Bottom