• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Darryl

Banned
Oh no Sorian-Senpai is gone. 😥

I always knew I was right in trusting him. Mafia knew he was dangerous because of his reads.

I'm gonna look closely at who he voted for and the people that had voted for him.

The truth is out there.

I'm going to have to say, this is some of the most pedestrian shit I've seen on gafia so far.

VOTE: TheAwesomePossum

Get your ass out of that mafia chat and in here.

What about this one. Sorian-San dangerous for his reads obviously, the one that killed town doc day 1.

Fine then. If you think I'm not fully committing, then I'll fully commit.

Like I said, I think we should give Hyperactivity the benefit of the doubt here. If anything, Launchpad hounding him over this tiny inconsistency is something to worry about.

Vote: LaunchpadMcQ

nin1000

Banned

Like I said, I think we should give Hyperactivity the benefit of the doubt here. If anything, Launchpad hounding him over this tiny inconsistency is something to worry about.

You just coming in and voting on Launch has me more worried.

Vote:TheAwesomePossum

What about this one. Sorian-San dangerous for his reads obviously, the one that killed town doc day 1.

Another avenue worth exploring.

Yes, ok, me behaving how I do 99% of the time - definitely suspicious. This Launchpad guy is acting way too much like himself.

You haven't had a single piece of legitimate insight, as far as I can see. What's on your mind?

I'm more concerned about people like Pop, TAP, Nin, Seath, Swamped. All are making me uneasy.

Anything specific on Swamped? I've been sorta reading her as town so far, but I know damn well that might not mean much, and she has been sorta, floating there, decently active, but not enough to garner too much attenton

And was there any reason why you specifically seemed to want to go after he instead of the others at the end of the day yesterday?

Any thoughts on any other players? You're still sorta floating around, and I'd prefer you at least be active, even if I think this is sorta weird

Hey Hyper, really sorry about that.

Over ear headphone avatar team up?

? Eh, don't worry about it, this is a game.

Sure, for as long before I eventually switch to a Rhyme avatar

Rhyme_(Bottom_Screen_Portrait).png

Darryl

Banned
Anything specific on Swamped? I've been sorta reading her as town so far, but I know damn well that might not mean much, and she has been sorta, floating there, decently active, but not enough to garner too much attenton

And was there any reason why you specifically seemed to want to go after he instead of the others at the end of the day yesterday?

Any thoughts on any other players? You're still sorta floating around, and I'd prefer you at least be active, even if I think this is sorta weird

She's been talking but imo staying distanced. She stayed out of the end confrontation which was obviously a lot of town going at each other. Because now UJ and Sorian are revealed as town, and I know I'm town. So I think she was probably comfortable with the way that was going.

I think it was Sorian who called attention to people who had a vote sitting on TAP at the end of the day and he said it was a lazy vote, and I agree with that. I really wanted a last minute swing to hit her.

Current reads:

Darryl: I fully believe he has that Double vote power since it registered on Sorian yesterday. It's only a matter of if his role name is a fake one.

Blarg: While I'm not one to talk, he hadn't said one thing specific to thoughts on players. He's continuing it today as well. On Day 2 of HP, he was very helpful. Maybe he has no special powers this game? However, him consistently posting "PHOENIX DOWN" makes me think there's something going on.

Hyper: I've already made my thoughts clear on him. His posting is different from HP where he was quick to call a player scum. He ended up being scum that game, and I actually trusted him to the end. I don't think the same will happen this time. Like Hyper said, if he keeps on getting "roleblocked", then it'll start becoming an excuse.

Nin1000: Has made no role claim. Indifferent on him as he hasn't done anything scummy or town-like. I'm not counting him forgetting about Hyper's roleclaim as that was just an error born out of laziness. Maybe he didn't feel like looking back through all of those posts for something that can be answered in a minute. If he turns out to be scum, don't take these excuses I'm making for him as a scum tell.

Xam- Apparently has a power, but we don't know what it is. Will keep eyes on him.

Launchpad- Is you being nitpicky in Mafia what you're known for? Honest question as I have read a few games, but I don't think they were ones you were a player in. I may have just forgotten. I'll keep my vote on you until it's clarified.

These are just the players that strike the most btw.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, just something I want to point out, comparisons to previous behavior should not be used as a primary scum hunting technique. There could many different RL factors that we are not privy to that could contribute to how people play.

I don't think anyone has done this yet, but I just want to get this out there.

Kevyt

Oh yeah! I must've missed that. I don't think scum would even have a double voting power anyway as that could be abused. So I'll believe you for now.

I had a double vote role in Animal crossing and I think some said that Double Vote on scum would be too OP. I was town in that game and I'm willing to bet Darryl is town or Neutral.

He already claimed Neutral so I guess there is that.

So, we have no idea what xamtheking's role is-- is there any way it could have interfered with hyperactivity's investigation? (I'm not asking for xam to be more specific unless that's the consensus-- just wondering out loud). I don't know much about the different powers that are likely to be in the game, but it seems like a simpler explanation than a separate role interfering externally.

Also, I'm not sure exactly where all the suspicion of the awesome possum comes from-- his posts have seemed mostly inoffensive to me, though a bit odd how he voted for launchpad.

BLARGONAUT USED PHOENIX DOWN

AND SRY, BUT, BUT, PERSONALLY? AM TRULY DISTRAUGHT. IT IS, IS A REAL SHAME THAT SORIAN, UGH, DEAR SORIAN DEPARTED BEFORE WE, UH, HAD A CHANCE. TO, UH

UH

PROPERLY. CONTEND WITH, ONE ANOTHER

AND AND EVERYONE KNOWS A SQUALL; A GOOD SQUALL, AS IN THE THE 'ATMOSPHERIC DISTURBANCE', SENSE, IS UH, NOTHING WITHOUT UM, LIGHTNING

AND UHHHH VICE VERSA

REGARDING. THE. ROLEBLOCKING. OF. HYPER. ACTIVITY.

IT. IS. A.

THEORY.

THAT XAM "THE KING", COULD, UH, COULD

COULD

BE A, A AN 'ASCETIC'-TYPE, OF ROLE.

MODIFIER. ROLE MODIFIER, YES.

WIKI IT?

AND AND WHHHHHYYY WOULD. AN ALLEGED DOCT-TOR

A, UH, SUPPO-ZED MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL

KEEPER OF THE PANACEA, WHAT HAVE YOU, HMM

HAVE IN THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR THEIR. POSSESSION

A DOUBLE VOTE?

DO NO HARM? DARRYL?

UHHHHHHH

LOOK.

IT, IT MIGHT BE THAT SOMEONE. OR. A GROUP OF SUCH, SOMEONES

UH

KILLED. SORIAN TO UH, TO UH FRAME DARRYL.

THEY HAVE HISTORY, BAD HISTORY IS A HISTORY NONETHELESS

ANTAGONIZED EACH OTHER- EARLY ON, DON'T UH, DON'T FORGET

OR

OR

DARRYL'S IN ON IT.

LIKE UH, LIKE UH A A MIND-GAME, A A UH A. DOUBLE-CROSSING, OF SORTS

WHWHAHWHHWAWHADDAYA CALL IT? HMM?

Sad Sorian died before we could have another 800 ft vs plank fight

????
Stuff about Squall that confuses me

Xam could possibly have an ascetic modifier, which prevents all night actions besides kills being performed on the person

Yes, it's a possibility that's been brought up before. If so, it's probably best that Xam reveal whether he does or not, provided we can get town consensus on these points.

Why does Darryl, a professed doctor, have a doubele vote

I'm pretty sure Darryl's doctor claim was a joke

Alrighty then, Blarg, I do have somewhat of an issue right now. You see, while I would categorize these posts as being more serious coming from you, looking at it from the lens of these words coming out of any other player's mouth, your posts here are all things that we've discussed. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm wondering if you have any other suspicions or reads to tell us about

Yes, it's a possibility that's been brought up before. If so, it's probably best that Xam reveal whether he does or not, provided we can get town consensus on these points.

I'm pretty sure Darryl's doctor claim was a joke

Alrighty then, Blarg, I do have somewhat of an issue right now. You see, while I would categorize these posts as being more serious coming from you, looking at it from the lens of these words coming out of any other player's mouth, your posts here are all things that we've discussed. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'm wondering if you have any other suspicions or reads to tell us about

PLS

THOSE, UH, POINTS? OF THE OTHERS? HUH.

"BROUGHT UP.", NOT. "DISCUSSED".

DISCUSSED COMES LATER

Scrafty can I pls edit to fix the quote box?

I'm assuming you're somewhat suspicious of Darryl?

YES, BUT MILDLY

JUST NIBBLED THE CHEESE

if you have any other suspicions or reads to tell us about

OOPS, FORGOT TO UH TO DIRECTLY UM, ADDRESS THAT

WELL, MR. ACTIVITY, MR. RIGHT JUST MIGHT

BUT A UH, A READS LIST?

TAKING A, A, A A RAIN CHECK ON UH, ON THAT.

SLIPPED IT INTO THE POCKET FOR LATER REFERENCE, AHA

GONNA READ THE UH THE UHHHHH FINE PRINT FIRST, AS IT, UM, WERE

OH

Darryl

Banned
LOOK.

IT, IT MIGHT BE THAT SOMEONE. OR. A GROUP OF SUCH, SOMEONES

UH

KILLED. SORIAN TO UH, TO UH FRAME DARRYL.

THEY HAVE HISTORY, BAD HISTORY IS A HISTORY NONETHELESS

ANTAGONIZED EACH OTHER- EARLY ON, DON'T UH, DON'T FORGET

OR

OR

DARRYL'S IN ON IT.

LIKE UH, LIKE UH A A MIND-GAME, A A UH A. DOUBLE-CROSSING, OF SORTS

WHWHAHWHHWAWHADDAYA CALL IT? HMM?

I was just kidding about being town doctor. I'm just a double voter. I'm loose with my PR from the start because I didn't believe it would be that useful in my hands. No one votes alongside me anyways even when my reads are sick.

I think the people who would want Sorian dead are the low posters, Seath/Nin/Pop/TAP. Those are the only people who would actually be afraid of Sorian. The people who basically have no idea what's going on in the game. Or as a joke from someone a bit more confident, Swamped/Launch/Blarg.

I was just kidding about being town doctor. I'm just a double voter. I'm loose with my PR from the start because I didn't believe it would be that useful in my hands. No one votes alongside me anyways even when my reads are sick.

OH

BUT

OKAY

I think the people who would want Sorian dead are the low posters, Seath/Nin/Pop/TAP. Those are the only people who would actually be afraid of Sorian. The people who basically have no idea what's going on in the game. Or as a joke from someone a bit more confident, Swamped/Launch/Blarg.

s2EpFuQ.gif

BUT TRULY, BLARGONAUT WOULD NEVER UH, PERFORM SUCH A UH, A CRASSLY DISHONOURABLE ATTACK

DAYTIME'S WHERE UH WHERE THE MAGIC'S AT

KNIGHT KILLS ARE FAR, FAR FAR TOO DISCONNECTED

AND, UM

FAST.

EMOTIONS ARE MEANT, TO BE UH, TO BE S SAVORY

THAT'S THE JOKE-ER, AHA

*IF BLARGONAUT WERE SCUM, OF COURSE

WHICH HE'S, UM NOT

TAKE A RAIN CHECK

THIS, UH, THIS CHAOS HERE? *GESTURES TO SELF*

IS, OH. ONLY META

Kevyt

I've never been afraid of Sorian. I'm town aligned, and Sorian was the reason why I switched my vote to Ultrajay even though he was wrong, but there was a lot of chaos anyways.

Since the last game, Sorian has been the player I've trusted the most. I have said many times that by the sheer amount of posts he makes, even if he would have been scum, he was worth keeping because of potential mistakes he could have made thus detrimental to the scum team.

Basically I think Sorian would have been/would be a terrible scum player. However he's very analytical and I love him for that.

Great player. So no, I wasn't afraid of Sorian, I'm not scum, and its very sad he got taken out this early.

Sorian

Banned
CpszdoA.gif

SO MUCH FOR STRIFE

AHA

HA

UM, WHERE IS EVERYBODY

I've never been afraid of Sorian. I'm town aligned, and Sorian was the reason why I switched my vote to Ultrajay even though he was wrong, but there was a lot of chaos anyways.

Since the last game, Sorian has been the player I've trusted the most. I have said many times that by the sheer amount of posts he makes, even if he would have been scum, he was worth keeping because of potential mistakes he could have made thus detrimental to the scum team.

Basically I think Sorian would have been/would be a terrible scum player. However he's very analytical and I love him for that.

Great player. So no, I wasn't afraid of Sorian, I'm not scum, and its very sad he got taken out this early.

I love you both for different reasons.

Ta ta!

I've read everything that has been posted, but I'm too tired to formulate something right now.

However, I see you Blarg. I hope you're not scum because you're making a lot of sense.

For now, something about Seath isn't sitting right with me. I'll need to think on this and post something substantial tomorrow.

TL21xx

Banned
Hey guys, sorry for not showing up today sooner, had a bit of a busy day IRL. I know, typical TL, but what can ya do.

So, let's take a look at the cast. Bear in mind that I am going to be very light on inactivity on this list due to the holidays. As a result, there may be more null than scum reads on this list.

StackpoleH
Stack is a new player, as in completely new to the game. Welcome, by the way! She has been surprisingly active despite the 9 hour travel. Play seems to be consistent for a newbie, but at the same time the reads are leaning a bit on the safe side. Will need to see a bit more from her before I really can make an educated read, but I do think she is leaning town.

nin1000
Nin has been very insistent on pushing TAP, but outside of that all I've seen is feuding with Darryl and Sorian. Very fluffy stuff, and it hasn't been much better today. Leaning scum on him.

Terrabyte20xx
Terra comes across as town to me so far. Seems to be trying to keep players on their toes in his pressing. His choice to deviate from his normal opening did initially set off some warning flags at the start, but he has reverted to his typical pro-town play style. I'm not too concerned about him.

Darryl
Darryl is a tough one to gauge. We know he has a double vote, and that typically serves as a town role. However, it is entirely possible that this could be an inversion of the typical role. His play so far does not raise any flags by itself, but I think that we need to keep a closer eye on him all the same. Even if he is town, that's a lot of power to wield. Might be a good target for investigation, but perhaps it's a waste of a turn. Maybe later down the line.

FAKE EDIT - Seeing posts that he claimed neutral, yet I never saw that outright, someone want to clarify that?

LaunchpadMcQ
I am getting town vibes from Launch. Very clearly trying to piece together what's going on. Looking forward to your reads tomorrow.

Pop-O-Matic
Also feeling pretty good about Pop, and I do echo his sentiments on the nin situation. That is technically a safe read, but his play has been consistent with past performance in a town role, so I'll leave him as leaning town for now.

Seath
Oh Seath... Same fluff as always... I'm not willing to tag you as scum yet, but only just. I need to see some more substance before I move you out of the null world. Eulogizing a dead player does not help town much at all. Focus on the present, or I will join in Launch's Crusade.

StarSketch
StarSketch has been very quiet... I really don't know how I'm feeling about her yet. Will leave this at a null read, as I'm seeing that she is having the mobile problem, something I completely understand.

Zippedpinhead
Gonna have to go null read for Zipped as well. Life seems to be preventing him from participating as much so far, so I don't think there's anything too malicious about it. Hope to see more from you soon!

Hyperactivity
Hyper has role claimed as a cop and has supposedly been blocked. Enough has been said to cover this. Get us the goods or you're on the block tomorrow bud (assuming the mafia don't get to you first). We have faith in ya!

Swamped
Swamped seems genuine and town so far. Not a lot of posts (says the guy who's barely posted so far), but has tried to stay involved with each one. Looking forward to your reads as well.

TheAwesomePossum
I'm getting very little from TAP, and it's not surprising that we're seeing a lot of votes aimed his way. Leaning null for the moment.

Blargonaut
I have no clue what to think about Blarg so far, other than he's straight-up tripping on Phoenix Downs and FFXIII. I'll give him some more time to do his thing, but there does seem to be something a tad off about him this game. Chaotic null for now.

Xamtheking
Xam has role claimed as Squall. No word on what his powers are, just that he apparently has some. Hyper claims to have been blocked in his attempt to investigate him. I am gonna go null for now; I need to see more from Xam before I go one way or the other.

For the time being, I am going to put a placeholder on

VOTE: nin1000

for the time being. This vote has a very high probability of changing.

Swamped

Banned
There's a reason I voted for TAP at the end of D1 and kept my vote there for the rest of the day. We would have been better off lynching him instead of UJ, I stand by that firmly. UJ was so clearly a PR that it hurts, and after his claim I believed him more. Why on earth would scum claim to be such an ambiguous character? I wanted to be extremely suspicious of those who piled on UJ after his Golbez claim, but Sorian was one of them and he was Cosmos, so who knows how many other Cosmos Warriors made the same mistake. Still, there might be something there so I'll investigate.

Oh well, at least there is one less miller for the cop to deal with. The fact that a miller existed strengthens the conviction that an alignment cop exists in the game. Worst case scenario is that a framer is in the game too.

Anyway, the other alternative was Xam, whom I was initially ready to vote for. But when Darryl brought up the possibility that he was a PR, I hesitated. One of the reasons I was wary of him was his cautious play during the day, but a PR would act like that also. And now he's claiming to be the protagonist of FFVIII, so I'll leave him be.

The other candidate was Hyper. When he asked for votes on him instead of the PRs, I felt that he HAD to be town - this is a very risky move for scum. So I left my vote on TAP. If Sorian had flipped scum, I would have let TAP go. But now that we know Sorian was town, I'm going to keep scrutinizing TAP - sorry buddy!

Anyway, about Hyper, I love him because he makes risky, fun plays. And I think that's what he did at the end of D1. This is how I see the sequence of events regarding Hyper's claim:

1. Insists people to vote for him, better than voting for a PR. He implies he's an ordinary
2. Claims he was trying to prove a point
3. Then he says he'll vote out of self-preservation, going back on his initial gambit
4. He claims to be an alignment cop, Warrior of Light, Leader of Cosmos
5. Votes for TAP for inactivity reasons. A few posts prior I had asked him to vote for TAP, but it is unclear whether Hyper did it due to my urging.

This role claim is means that most people voting for him had to retract their vote.

I'm leaning towards this bold Hyper gambit being a scum one. Alignment cop is an easy one for scum to fake. He implies he's ordinary to draw votes on himself (possibly to save a front runner?), and when it looks like he's about to go down he role claims. Why would a real alignment cop ever put himself in that sort of situation? I would argue that any other PR could get lynched, but alignment cops can still win us the game due to their information (if scum don't know who it is lol) (also I think they are waaaay OP). Besides, FF Mafia is essentially a role madness game, it's inevitable that we'll lynch some PRs.

One thing I would note is that Hyper never himself voted for UJ, which earns him some town points (because he followed through with his convictions).

Thing is - if Hyper really was scum, why not take that easy opportunity to vote either Xam or UJ? Why unnecessarily bring attention to himself? If Hyper flips scum, then I would definitely scrutinize Xam closely, and go easy on TAP.

I'll follow Pop on this one:

VOTE: Hyperactivity

I think there's a real chance he's scum, and if he's not, he's getting roleblocked the rest of the game anyway.

---

Really random point about Seath, but I am instantly wary of those who are pursuing him purely for activity reasons. He actually has more posts than me in this game! Pursue him because of his fluff if anything.

Lots more to come! ...later.

nin1000

Banned
Thing is - if Hyper really was scum, why not take that easy opportunity to vote either Xam or UJ? Why unnecessarily bring attention to himself? If Hyper flips scum, then I would definitely scrutinize Xam closely, and go easy on TAP.

I'll follow Pop on this one:

VOTE: Hyperactivity

I think there's a real chance he's scum, and if he's not, he's getting roleblocked the rest of the game anyway.

---

Really random point about Seath, but I am instantly wary of those who are pursuing him purely for activity reasons. He actually has more posts than me in this game! Pursue him because of his fluff if anything.

Very interesting thing you brought up Swamped, i am inclined to vote for him but will hold off my vote for now since i dont want to jump into conclusions too soon.

You know what, nvm

Vote:Hyperactivity

Very interesting post by Swamped.

Anyway, about Hyper, I love him because he makes risky, fun plays. And I think that's what he did at the end of D1. This is how I see the sequence of events regarding Hyper's claim:

1. Insists people to vote for him, better than voting for a PR. He implies he's an ordinary
2. Claims he was trying to prove a point
3. Then he says he'll vote out of self-preservation, going back on his initial gambit
4. He claims to be an alignment cop, Warrior of Light, Leader of Cosmos
5. Votes for TAP for inactivity reasons. A few posts prior I had asked him to vote for TAP, but it is unclear whether Hyper did it due to my urging.

This role claim is means that most people voting for him had to retract their vote.

I'm leaning towards this bold Hyper gambit being a scum one. Alignment cop is an easy one for scum to fake. He implies he's ordinary to draw votes on himself (possibly to save a front runner?), and when it looks like he's about to go down he role claims. Why would a real alignment cop ever put himself in that sort of situation? I would argue that any other PR could get lynched, but alignment cops can still win us the game due to their information (if scum don't know who it is lol) (also I think they are waaaay OP).

It's great that you "love him" for it, but the fact that it's risky as hell still stands. I would be very careful if I were to come up with a fake roleclaim to dance around the main protagonists if possible. From what we've seen so far (Warrior of Light, Squall, Cloud, Zidane), it seems like the mods for this one have stuck to MCs, save for Golbez which was created as a miller doctor.

I was wary when Hyper pulled that stunt at the end of the day phase, but it just sounded like he was playing an erratic townie. That's fine with me.

Also..

Besides, FF Mafia is essentially a role madness game, it's inevitable that we'll lynch some PRs.

What do you mean by "essentially" a role madness game? That the game contains bastard roles, or that the game is all PRs?

What a peculiar thing to say. Actually, not just peculiar; this sounds like something Swamped would say if she were trying to draw attention away from something.

If Hyper did not vote for Xam or UJ, and if he is scum, there is a strong possibility that he was trying to distance himself from the townies to buy himself some credibility when they flip town.

I'm starting to see a picture forming here, but I need time to flesh it out. You are looking mightily suspicious, Swamped, especially trying to pull doubt away from TAP who is basically playing this game on autopilot.

The other candidate was Hyper. When he asked for votes on him instead of the PRs, I felt that he HAD to be town - this is a very risky move for scum. So I left my vote on TAP. If Sorian had flipped scum, I would have let TAP go. But now that we know Sorian was town, I'm going to keep scrutinizing TAP - sorry buddy!

I will discount most of what you've said about TAP, because this reads like staged in-fighting among mafia. I think the more subtle statements, like you wanting to ignore TAP if Hyper flips, are your true intentions.

---

Very interesting thing you brought up Swamped, i am inclined to vote for him but will hold off my vote for now since i dont want to jump into conclusions too soon.

You know what, nvm

Vote:Hyperactivity

uh I already mentioned this...

Stick with it all you want.

Your explanation creates another problem. If you're going to be roleblocked next night phase as well, what's the point in keeping you around? We'll still have this doubt looming over our heads about whether you're lying or not. Lynching you today is still the best option, because you were likely blocked on purpose. You won't even be able to carry out your night action if you're around.

And there's a very good reason to keep Hyper around despite this. If this is a mafia roleblocker we're dealing with, and this mafia roleblocker keeps using their night phase to block Hyper, that creates a lot of opportunities for town. First, that night action could potentially be taken up by blocking Hyper for the rest of the game. Second, if the first statement ends up being true, then if the roleblocker ever comes off of Hyper, we'll know something is up. At this point, I'm inclined to believe that scum will block Hyper until they poke a couple of other roles out (by killing or during day phase) and see where the bigger threats lie.

Besides which, we have no guarantees as to how scum will behave. There's a reasonable expectation that scum will roleblock Hyper again next night phase, if they are the ones responsible for this, for us to cast doubt on him. There are no guarantees on what comes after if we leave Hyper alive, though. He may be able to carry out his investigation later.

I'll excuse Nin for following this logic, because in the moment he usually agrees to things pretty easily until someone breaks it down, but this is typical scummy behavior from Swamped. I've seen her play, and I will give her a lot of credit for being very good at this game, but I'm seeing the seams in her reasoning.

nin1000

Banned
I'll excuse Nin for following this logic, because in the moment he usually agrees to things pretty easily until someone breaks it down, but this is typical scummy behavior from Swamped. I've seen her play, and I will give her a lot of credit for being very good at this game, but I'm seeing the seams in her reasoning.

Thats why i put my vote down on hyper. You put some deserved pressure on him but i jumped to easily into the conclusion that he was indeed roleblocked (even though he did not get any text saying that he was ). After thinking about it i dont believe he was, or that he is what he says he is. Sorry Hyper i dont believe you and for that reason i will put my vote down on you

Not a fan of reads lists, but things seem to have slowed down since Sorian was killed. I think it may be beneficial for me to pick up some of the slack.

StackpoleH - I don't have much to say about her. She seems to be posting a bit and trying to keep up with the game; as a first time player, I think this is all consistent behavior. No reasons to suspect her at this time.

nin1000 - Typical nin behavior. Could be problematic, because I can't see a discernible difference between his behavior when he's town or mafia, but that's not enough to come down on him. I'll need some assistance seeing through him if he's playing scum.

Terrabyte20xx - Makes me a bit nervous, to be honest. Makes few posts, most of them very pro-town, but then that's how he behaved when he was scum. Worth keeping an eye on, but for the purposes of the idea I'm forming in my head, he doesn't really fit in.

Darryl - It's a bit hard to swallow for me, personally, but I think Darryl is town. He made a Zidane claim - that's pretty risky. We know he can double vote. Unless Zidane had a bad guy turn I don't recall, I think I'll trust Darryl for now.

LaunchpadMcQ - Super stellar dude. Trust him implicitly.

UltraJay - More like my thoughts on his lynching. I voted on him, and I knew there was a high chance of him telling the truth with his roleclaim, but you can see how it would be problematic to keep him around if he's a miller - even if it is a doctor miller. I feel like we never would have been able to really clear him. That's why I kept my vote on him, and I'll accept responsibility for that.

Pop-O-Matic - I'm going more off of others' interactions with him. I'm not sure why Swamped gave him credibility; he seems to be sidelining this game. He's very suspicious to me because of that.

TL21xx - Typical TL behavior. Not much to comment on.

Seath - Making some very pedestrian comments, and for some reason, sucking up to Sorian who is now dead. I am very suspicious of him/her due to his/her behavior towards others.

StarSketch - Typical SS behavior. Not much to comment on.

Zippedpinhead - Some real reasoning behind suspecting Darryl. I think he's town.

Hyperactivity - Pretty sure he's not lying about being a cop. I hope we can keep him alive long enough to confirm this and not end up lynching him to find this out.

Swamped - My thoughts on her are enumerated above. Very suspicious behavior. Behaving very much like scum Swamped.

TheAwesomePossum - The most pedestrian player I've seen on gafia. His voting reasoning has basically consisted of "well, fuck you, too!".

Blargonaut - At first, I thought Blarg was just being annoying. To be honest, it was hard to look past based on my past experiences; but I believe he's being very helpful so far. Probably town.

Xamtheking - Made a risky roleclaim. I'm inclined to believe him unless someone contests it.

Thats why i put my vote down on hyper. You put some deserved pressure on him but i jumped to easily into the conclusion that he was indeed roleblocked (even though he did not get any text saying that he was ). After thinking about it i dont believe he was, or that he is what he says he is. Sorry Hyper i dont believe you and for that reason i will put my vote down on you

He did, though. He received a message saying he was blocked. I was poking at his communication of what had transpired to press him a bit, but it did occur like that. He received a system message saying his action failed, but there was no flavor in addition to that, which is what he meant when he said he didn't receive a flavor message.

nin1000

Banned
He did, though. He received a message saying he was blocked. I was poking at his communication of what had transpired to press him a bit, but it did occur like that. He received a system message saying his action failed, but there was no flavor in addition to that, which is what he meant when he said he didn't receive a flavor message.

Well, that makes me even more of a target for not even paying fucking attention haha

well there it is . sorry hyper.

nin1000

Banned
Nah, you're good man. Honest mistake. I've made some.

thanks for putting down your thoughts Launch, there has not been any discussion in the last couple of hours but i blame the timezones for that. I will probably put down my thoughts down aswell but at this point of the game i dont have a lot of reads to go by.

Swamped

Banned
I just don't see why a cop Hyper would make a gambit like that in the first place. Why draw votes to himself at all? A cop needs to keep low if he is to be useful to town. I just can't see why Hyper would do something like that if he really were a cop.

What do you mean by "essentially" a role madness game? That the game contains bastard roles, or that the game is all PRs?

Not bastard roles, but that most of the players are PRs. They may not all be useful PRs however, there are almost certainly some negative utility roles.

Regarding rb-ing Hyper for the rest of the game, I thought about that and how that is useful for town overall since other roles can do their thing (unless there are two scum roleblockers, certainly possible). However, this logic only applies if you really think that Hyper is Cosmos, which I currently don't believe.

However, if we have some Cosmos switchers, they could switch Hyper tonight and hopefully we actually get some results from him tomorrow, even if Chaos attempts to rb him.

Hyper - why did you investigate Xam N1? During D1 you made it quite clear that you believed Xam was a PR, and that you didn't want him lynched no matter what. Shouldn't you have investigated someone else, since you thought Xam was Cosmos?

Top Bottom