• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kazuya Mishima vs. Kazuma Kiryu: who would win in a fight?

Round 1, Fight

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zyrox

Ah, good ol' GameFAQs NeoGAF character battle threads.
I like Kiryu as much as the next guy, but Kazuya would totally win this. Dude has demonic powers and shit.
Also now I want Kiryu in Tekken 7

A NEW (KAZ)ALLENGER approaches!:
0hEN9p4.jpg
But ranking goes:

1) Mishima: More rigerous training, better technique, demon powers
2) Kiryu: Would hold his own definitely but his usual fodder are street punk mortals
3) Miller: Too busy hitting on girls, then crying, then limping around being paranoid

Debate OVER

Amani

Ok serious actual question: Has Kazuya ever punched a tiger? Because I feel like he should have. I guess he could've punched Kuma, though I dunno if that's cannon.

If the answer is no, then Kazuma automatically wins.

Kazuya got shit on Kiryu.

Kazuya never punched a tiger in the face or wrestled with bulls.

Also, Kiryu can use giant signalisation cone so...

Head.spawn

I don't think Kazuya would even need to be awake for this fight. He could just roll over in bed and accidentally drop his iron fist through homies grill.

Hystzen

Karaoke- Kiryu Wins

Picking up chicks- Kiryu wins

Taxi races - Kiryu wins

Normal fist fight no bs -Kiryu

Blogging- Kiryu

Actually fighting - Kazuya Mishima

nded

Kiryu juiced up to Tekken anime power levels would be a sight to behold.

People horribly maimed with bicycles as far as the eye can see.

Zen Mu

But the simple fact is Kiryu is more of a man, and true manliness trumps all.

-

If you're going to have them fight it would presumably be in one universe or the other, meaning that universe's rules would have to apply. This would in turn mean that Kiryu wins in both universes. I mean you'd have to bring him up to cheesy anime power levels like the rest of the Tekken cast if they fought in that universe & Kiryu with anime power? Come on son....

Adnor

Banned
What about mechanic-wise? Doesn't Kiryu have counters, reversals and dodges for basically anything, and a lot more skills than Mashima?

KyleCross

What about mechanic-wise? Doesn't Kiryu have counters, reversals and dodges for basically anything, and a lot more skills than Mashima?

Oh yeah, this is a very good point. We're debating by cinematic rules most of this time, we should try thinking in gameplay rules instead.

Oh yeah, this is a very good point. We're debating by cinematic rules most of this time, we should try thinking in gameplay rules instead.

Kiryu would win by game rules, just spam heat actions (if he had energy drinks gg for Kazuya) and he has counters he can do on block and things like the komaki parry so it would be hard to get anything going. Kiryu would take it because it would be way easier to cheese than Kazuya can. Also if Kazuya fought in a 3d brawler environment like Tekken Force or Jin in Devil Within, they were kind of butt cheeks to play.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Karaoke- Kiryu Wins

Picking up chicks- Kiryu wins

Taxi races - Kiryu wins

Normal fist fight no bs -Kiryu

Blogging- Kiryu

Actually fighting - Kazuya Mishima

So yeah, Kiryu win as a decent human being. But damn, i don't think he could win against Kazuya.

If Paul Phoenix can legitimately bring Kazuya to a draw, what's stopping Kiryu? Mind you, this was in Tekken 2-- where Kazuya had reached his full potential already.
Are you sure?
I remember that Paul Phoenix had a draw with Kazuya in Tekken 1. Kazuya could turn himself in Devil Kazuya but could't go full Devil yet.
Also Paul Phoenix won against Ogre first form in T3. Paul actually won the Tekken 3 but everyone tought Jin did it (
Paul left when Ogre was down on the floor. Then Jin shows up, Ogre becomes True Ogre and they fight. Jin wins and everybody think he's the champion.
)

Can Kazuya tear off a buttoned, collar-popped dress shirt with cufflinks and a jacket in one smooth flourish? Would he be a father to another man's child? Will he turn you into a better man for having known him? I think we know who wins here.

Top Bottom