• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy [Mafia] |OT| Living in a Materia World, and I am a Materia Girl

Going to be gone for a bit, so pls don't turbo while I'm gone, but I want you guys to at least understand. Everyone ahsn't checked in yet. Give me 24 hours, that seems reasonable for everyone to post their thoughts, opinions on what to do here, and give me a chance to defend myself. If I haven't convinced a majority of you by then, so be it

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
No seriously, I want you guys to seriously think as to why scum would claim alignment cop, as opposed to another role, like vigilante, or a weak cop, etc. etc. on DAY 1.

Once I get answer to this, along with the others that have come up, I will be satisfied with the situation of my lynch

Because it's easy for scum to masquerade as. Scum already know all the alignments due to the nature of the game. If you're not on their team, you're against them. The only time this doesn't work is with neutrals.

So, the question we have to ask is, if Hyper is scum, do we think, that they didn't take neutrals into account?

Kevyt

• IIRC, your back was up against the wall D1 and your claim was basically made in a few minutes away from the buzzer to keep yourself from being lynched.
  • You claimed cop because it's easy for scum to fake cop since they know who is/isn't scum (though you still claimed a roleblock the following day to avoid outing someone as town only for them to claim neutral).
  • Voting for UJ wouldn't be enough to save Xam at that point, you had to turn attention away from him asap, even if it mean you had to turn it towards yourself.

I love your logic pop!

Best explanation of Hyper's activity.

Because it's easy for scum to masquerade as. Scum already know all the alignments due to the nature of the game. If you're not on their team, you're against them. The only time this doesn't work is with neutrals.

So, the question we have to ask is, if Hyper is scum, do we think, that they didn't take neutrals into account?

You missed the crux of the question. Why on day 1? There's still a cop around, claiming will only lead to the cop already having an investigation down before the night begins. WHY would scum claim cop, instead of weak cop or vig, which scum can coexist with the cop/other vigs in

I'm leaning towards they did consider neutrals. Xam's win condition specifically mentions killing them, so assume any neutrals are town-aligned

You missed the crux of the question. Why on day 1? There's still a cop around, claiming will only lead to the cop already having an investigation down before the night begins. WHY would scum claim cop, instead of weak cop or vig, which scum can coexist with the cop/other vigs in

You were pressed for a claim. You had already planned on that claim in the first place to counter the real cop and create a discrepancy/confusion. Weak cop or vig are safer claims that experienced players look out for.

Terrabyte20xx

And that is where the wrench goes into the works, alignment cops would usually see neutrals as either guilty or not innocent depending on how the mod decides.

Darryl

Banned
You're just throwing a fit to throw a fit. If you were town, you'd know we would have to kill you. Just like how we were forced to let you live day 1. That wasn't because I thought you were town, it was because I had to. We killed Swamped for the same reason. Now we will kill you. Eventually we will kill this Hydra.

Claiming something risky isn't a defense. I'm more concerned about who or what you're putting on this show for.

HBKpUxX.gif

Hyper claims that he investigated StarSketch, but I dunno. I feel like Hyper said he investigated that player specifically because he knew that the player isn't very active in this game. That's a stall tactic to me.

Sorry bud, but you're looking pretty shady right now.

Vote: Hyperactivity (I don't think this will turbo him. We would need one more.)

Also, I know I should've started a Xam vote last day phase instead of joining the bandwagon on Swamped. That was my mistake.

Hyperactivity
Terrabyte20xx
Darryl
LaunchpadMcQ
Pop-O-Matic
Seath

7 votes is turbo.

Okay... That's interesting.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

lol

Vote: Hyperactivity

Fascinating.

I have a theory.. could Xam have used his power and the mafia killed him? I know it says that his ability counts as the kill command, but it's not in his PM at least that they only get one.

Also, we know there must be some roleblock shenanigans from Xam's role description.

Obviously, someone has some explaining to do.

VOTE: Hyperactivity

Dear lord Hyper, the gig is up. You're facade has broke and you're wasting your energy trying to glue it back together instead of just accepting that we can all see you for what you really are: scum. You're "2 cops who are suppose to end up getting each other lynched" idea just seems like bad game design and almost certainly would have made it into the final game, so I just can't buy it.

Okay and who are your two top suspects?
Also, can you please answer this two questions:?

------>

Yes Hyper, who did you investigate?

I was mad at the end of Day 2. I'm not letting off the hook those who wanted to lunch Swamped that easy, it seems to me that you needed insider information to be so passionately want to lynch her.

None of her posts or explanations came off as scum to me, only Hyper's yet some in here were so eager and convinced she was scum.

Hmmmmmm......

In the meantime, Vote: Hyperactivity

So I'm thinkin', one of these guys is totally posing

After Swamped flipped, Hyper was bound to get knocked off today, simple duality feeding causality, get it

And one or more of these TURBO bros are taking us all for a loop

Bail off this train and let's converse, k

After Swamped flipped, Hyper was bound to get knocked off today, simple duality feeding causality, get it

Too slow, Bla

Look up

Terrabyte20xx

Good guy blarg, doing what needs to be done.

HBKpUxX.gif

Hyper claims that he investigated StarSketch, but I dunno. I feel like Hyper said he investigated that player specifically because he knew that the player isn't very active in this game. That's a stall tactic to me.

Sorry bud, but you're looking pretty shady right now.

Vote: Hyperactivity (I don't think this will turbo him. We would need one more.)

Also, I know I should've started a Xam vote last day phase instead of joining the bandwagon on Swamped. That was my mistake.

zdsU7xU.png

Specifically, I've been waiting for the suspicious vote on Hyper, because I actually still believe him.

TAP, you absolutely smell of scum. Hyper is on his way to being turbo'd and you put another vote on him so he's one vote away? This is really anti-town behavior, when his logic for telling us to wait is solid (letting other players weigh in). Instead, you give some half-assed explanation, then you're suddenly committed to the vote. This is even worse than actually hammering it, because youre taking the responsibility and putting it in others' hands, even though you're as responsible for bringing a player we're still on the fence about as close as he can get to being lynched without actually being lynched.

Also, I don't know why you're trying to take responsibility for something that wasn't even on the table at the end there. Some flaky ass cred building, imo.

VOTE: TheAwesomePossum

Darryl

Banned

Letting this day run on let's scum posture. It is effectively hurting the collective iq of town to keep running the day. The only people who know hypers role is scum, so they're the only people going to be coming out of this looking good.

Unless you want to dig back into the past 15 pages of garbage to make points and connections before you die, that is the only way this day can be useful. Making wifom garbage posts are just going to confuse anyone but scum

Letting this day run on let's scum posture. It is effectively hurting the collective iq of town to keep running the day. The only people who know hypers role is scum, so they're the only people going to be coming out of this looking good.

Unless you want to dig back into the past 15 pages of garbage to make points and connections before you die, that is the only way this day can be useful. Making wifom garbage posts are just going to confuse anyone but scum

That sounds... like a threat, breh

You a threat?

OK, can someone adequately explain why we haven't turbo'd Hyper yet? We have enough players active to make the vote right now, so it should already be over? Are you really all buying into Hyper's BS? He fucked up, he knows he fucked up and is basically trying to play off how big a fuck up it was to plant the seed of doubt in your heads that he's being genuine rather than lying through his teeth, and the fact that it actually seems to be working is frankly kind of depressing. Those who are advocating for prolonging the day and especially those who are trying to turn our attention away from Hyper and towards another player are looking REALLY Anti-Town right now (especially Darryl, who has acknowledged that letting the day run is only going to help scum yet is trying to turn our attention to TAP for some reason.)

zdsU7xU.png

Specifically, I've been waiting for the suspicious vote on Hyper, because I actually still believe him.

TAP, you absolutely smell of scum. Hyper is on his way to being turbo'd and you put another vote on him so he's one vote away? This is really anti-town behavior, when his logic for telling us to wait is solid (letting other players weigh in). Instead, you give some half-assed explanation, then you're suddenly committed to the vote. This is even worse than actually hammering it, because youre taking the responsibility and putting it in others' hands, even though you're as responsible for bringing a player we're still on the fence about as close as he can get to being lynched without actually being lynched.

Also, I don't know why you're trying to take responsibility for something that wasn't even on the table at the end there. Some flaky ass cred building, imo.

VOTE: TheAwesomePossum

Hold on a sec. One minute you and Darryl weren't believing Hyper and suddenly you're against me right after I vote for Hyper? What? Were you guys trying to bait me or something?

I only said that note in parentheses on my vote hopefully not turboing Hyper to cover my ass just in case I miscounted. While I don't really believe Hyper's claim of investigating StarSketch, I am patient enough to wait for the latter.

OK, can someone adequately explain why we haven't turbo'd Hyper yet? We have enough players active to make the vote right now, so it should already be over? Are you really all buying into Hyper's BS? He fucked up, he knows he fucked up and is basically trying to play off how big a fuck up it was to plant the seed of doubt in your heads that he's being genuine rather than lying through his teeth, and the fact that it actually seems to be working is frankly kind of depressing. Those who are advocating for prolonging the day and especially those who are trying to turn our attention away from Hyper and towards another player are looking REALLY Anti-Town right now (especially Darryl, who has acknowledged that letting the day run is only going to help scum yet is trying to turn our attention to TAP for some reason.)

I like this post.

I'll agree to turbo Hyper if, when he flips town, we turbo TAP. It's just a hunch, but I think that having two alignment cops was always a possibility. I've believed Hyper up until we lynched Swamped, but why would I stop? Just because there can't be two cops?

On the other hand, TAP has been middling this entire game, basically only posting unsubstantiated votes. Well, him ad Seath, but we'll get to him/her.

I'm not advocating for prolonging the day without a motivation. I have a really strong feeling Hyper is telling the truth.

Hold on a sec. One minute you and Darryl weren't believing Hyper and suddenly you're against me right after I vote for Hyper? What? Were you guys trying to bait me or something?

I only said that note in parentheses on my vote hopefully not turboing Hyper to cover my ass just in case I miscounted. While I don't really believe Hyper's claim of investigating StarSketch, I am patient enough to wait for the latter.

I was watching to see how everyone responded to Hyper. It wasn't a trap, per se, but I figured there would be a vote that rubbed me the wrong way.

It's not about the note. It's about your action. You're putting yourself as the penultimate vote so that you don't draw too much attention to yourself by hammering.

Darryl

Banned

I wanted to see where on the fence other people fell. To see if anyone would try to swoop in and rescue him. I guess that one didn't work. Let's just kill him. Today is a bust.

I was watching to see how everyone responded to Hyper. It wasn't a trap, per se, but I figured there would be a vote that rubbed me the wrong way.

It's not about the note. It's about your action. You're putting yourself as the penultimate vote so that you don't draw too much attention to yourself by hammering.
Just level with me here. I'm waiting for StarSketch to confirm. I was one of Hyper's biggest supporters before this day. I've even said on the previous day to watch for if he keeps on getting "roleblocked" or he's actually investigating. That's when you can become suspicious. I really don't/didn't want to be the one to turbo Hyper because there is still hope for him.

nin1000

Banned
Just read your post launch and I would love to kill TAP if you want to know where I stand aswell, so if you want to turbo him, I will be inclined to do so aswell.

Ourobolus

Banned
Hyperactivity (6)
Terrabyte20xx
Darryl
LaunchpadMcQ
Pop-O-Matic
Seath
TheAwesomePossum
Darryl
Nin1000

TheAwesomePossum (1)
LaunchpadMcQ
Darryl

Terrabyte20xx (1)
Blargonaut

7 votes is majority

I wanted to see where on the fence other people fell. To see if anyone would try to swoop in and rescue him. I guess that one didn't work. Let's just kill him. Today is a bust.

Same story, different dude

Darryl

Banned
Same story, different dude

No shit sherlock. I saw what Launch was doing, which is why I bailed when he spilled. You're taking advantage of the scenario to act like you're participating for once in the most lazy way possible. Which you've hardly done all game. This is hardly any real detective work you are pulling here, just passing jabs at easy shots.

Again, I am down with a turbo on Hyper, but only to appease the town. Im pretty convinced he's going to flip town, then we'll really be up shits creek.

Let me know what you want to do, but don't let TAP walk away next phase when Hyper flips.

No shit sherlock. I saw what Launch was doing, which is why I bailed when he spilled. You're taking advantage of the scenario to act like you're participating for once in the most lazy way possible. Which you've hardly done all game. This is hardly any real detective work you are pulling here, just passing jabs at easy shots.

T6X443k.gif

heh

Do what you gotta do

Darryl

Banned
Again, I am down with a turbo on Hyper, but only to appease the town. Im pretty convinced he's going to flip town, then we'll really be up shits creek.

Let me know what you want to do, but don't let TAP walk away next phase when Hyper flips.

How on earth are you convinced he's going to flip town. 2 cops in a 17 player game? Are you kidding me?

Top Bottom