• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA announces EA PLAY 2016 for June 12th-14th (EA's version of PSX)

http://www.ea.com/play2016/

Putting Our Players First.

Our players are the driving force behind everything we do. So this summer, we’re opening up our world to you with unique new live events in Los Angeles and London. We’ll bring the new games, we’ll bring the demos, we’ll bring the competition…and you get to go hands-on. Or join us online and immerse yourself to experience some of our biggest games of the year. Let’s live to play together.

2 locations simultaneously : LA and London.
LA runs for 3 days, (12-14th), London for only a day (12th).

There'll be a Press Conference on the 12th so it's also going to have announcements.

Edit :

Game Informer has received confirmation that this event completely replaces EA's E3 presence this year. There won't be an EA booth at E3.

IEWSnw9.png

https://twitter.com/Futterish/status/692383169287421952

EA's going the whole mile. RIP EA@E3.

thefro

This better replace E3. There is no way in hell I'm gonna sit through two of those awful conferences.

I would presume they'll have a conference to kick it off on the 12th.

The "normal" E3 conference for them would be on the 13th if they followed the same pattern as previous years.

edit: yes... looks like they're just having their press conference a day earlier than usual.

CryptiK

They are going to want to announce TF2 and Battlefield 5 waaaay before E3 to rebuild all the hype each franchise has lost.

When is E3 by the way?

Day 0 aka Press Conference Day : June 13th
Day 1 aka Floor Opens : June 14th

Seems like this year, rather than have their usual June 13th slot, EA is pulling a Bethesda + PSX and have their own dedicated event before the press conference day with a consumer event to boot.

Begaria

If they're putting this on, they might be going all out for Mass Effect: Andromeda. Maybe even a Titanfall 2 official announcement.

Probably not much since ea mostly develops action/shooter games especially this year.

On topic: either bf 5 or bc3 are getting announced and maybe the bioware Star Wars game.

As long as DICE has the attitude that humor is the reason why BC wasn't as big as they feel it could've been, then they should just leave it alone. Don't fuck up what that series is by turning it into the bland world and characters they create with the mainline campaigns.

Ea is seriously about making all 3 platform holders irrelevant.

I get the impression they want the influence of a console maker, without actually launching a console.

Zukkoyaki

I can envision this being quite a hit. EA is poised to have a truly remarkable line-up over the next couple of years:

- Mirror's Edge, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 5, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Visceral's Star Wars, Criterion's new IP, and of course the sports line-up.

Love em or hate, there's no denying EA's significant pull in the industry.

Top Bottom