• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nights of Azure Limited Edition JRPG (PS4) Almost sold out!

Zhao_Yun

Don't underestimate the yuri.

I'm mainly in for the gameplay and the soundtrack, but yuri content is definitely welcome as well. Always wanted to like the Atelier games but was never able to get into them, so this is actually the first Gust title I am excited about in a long time.

SarusGray

I'm mainly in for the gameplay and the soundtrack, but yuri content is definitely welcome as well. Always wanted to like the Atelier games but was never able to get into them, so this is actually the first Gust title I am excited about in a long time.

So happy to hear that! Atelier games definitely are not for everyone, but the next one known as Atelier Sophie is a much better intro game for the series compared to the previous ones.

The amazing soundtrack, characters, LGBTQ theme, and setting sold me immediately on the game.

If you want an EU LE you should probably decide soon

bjfnaGJ.jpg

Otherwise someone else will have that awesome box standing on their shelf and listen to the OST in CD-quality ~

Eolz

Man, either the stock is really low or it's really a bigger success than expected.
Probably both.

damn i kinda wanted the normal version , but .... BUT

That LE...

Spending 98.5 € is a lot...

EdIT : after a lot of mind battle in my brain i decided to not take this LE.

Gonna go digital instead.

damn i kinda wanted the normal version , but .... BUT

That LE...

Spending 98.5 € is a lot...

EdIT : after a lot of mind battle in my brain i decided to not take this LE.

Gonna go digital instead.

Yeah..it's a nice set but I can't justify the extra cost. Going to just get the standard.

It looks like Gust found a new franchise. This was a big success in Japan and all signs point to it doing great in the west as well.

Since this is the most recent thread, just thought I'd share here, KTE's community manager shared this on his blog:

https://inspchin.wordpress.com/2016/01/29/i-had-to-blog-something/

Nights of Azure (PS4)
– Developed by Gust (Producer is Keisuke Kikuchi who worked for Tecmo’s Fatal Frame, etc).
– English sub, Japanese dub.
– Out 1 April 2016 (EU release date).
– No censorship.
– Limited Edition available via NISA EU Store, costs £74.99.
– No PS3 and PS Vita releases, will persuade the team to look into PS Vita version again (the quality doesn’t look that nice though – personal opinion.)
– Website URL: http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/nightsofazure (to be launched)

SarusGray

There are more titles coming in Q2 and the rest of the year. But let’s finish this quarter first. Hope this Q1 information is helpful, at least.

Awesome, can't wait to hear what they have for us Q2!

No censorship also is a huge plus for buyers that are against that ;)

Shizuka

Awesome, can't wait to hear what they have for us Q2!

No censorship also is a huge plus for buyers that are against that ;)

We already know something that might be Q2: Attack on Titan.

I feel like they're saving a Vita version for some kind of Nights of Azure + edition.

I don't think they'll bother to develop one, honestly. The work done would have to be pretty extensive and add a lot of content if you're releasing the same game on the same platform just a short time after.

SarusGray

I feel like they're saving a Vita version for some kind of Nights of Azure + edition.

Does he mean no localization? I don't know the difference anymore

I'm confused by this question @.@

We already know something that might be Q2: Attack on Titan.

I don't think they'll bother to develop one, honestly. The work done would have to be pretty extensive and add a lot of content if you're releasing the same game on the same platform just a short time after.

Not to mention framerate is important considering this is more action and combat focused then the turn based series. Don't think they can optimize this for the vita with added DLC any further, escha logy is the best optimization they've done for vita.

And Attack on titans looks good from what I'm seeing, not my cup of tea but could be a huge success like how sword art was, (if given an actual budget)

SarusGray

I was taking a stab at the recent Fire Emblem petting game discussion. Feel free to ignore it :D

LOL ohh ahahhaa! It's kind of funny how this will have no censoring what so ever but DOA won't be coming to the west :,) I know two completely different games and art style for different demographics but they should just bring it over

Since this is the most recent thread, just thought I'd share here, KTE's community manager shared this on his blog:

Nights of Azure (PS4)
– Developed by Gust (Producer is Keisuke Kikuchi who worked for Tecmo’s Fatal Frame, etc).
– No censorship.
– No PS3 and PS Vita releases, will persuade the team to look into PS Vita version again (the quality doesn’t look that nice though – personal opinion.)

It's funny that he even mentions the lack of censorship as a selling point, but given recent events I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise.

Christhor

Nights of Azure (PS4)
– No censorship.

No dub? Suddenly I don't really want it anymore.

Eusis

Guess this is proof it really does undermine sales.

And honestly I think it's an odd call, being a higher profile game with likely more broad appeal. Seems it may be a full on miscalculation if the LE is selling out THAT fast.

AniHawk

Them milking the limited nature, with sellout then restock seems disingenuous.

usually during a preorder, an amount isn't set right away. this is done so that the publisher can gauge interest and get the best and most accurate count before placing an order. if you overestimate, you wind up with a load of stock that has to be heavily slashed. underestimate, and you risk pissing off fans and losing money that could have been made.

given the price point for this one, it wouldn't be surprising if the initial sellouts were completely unexpected. they probably were trying to make a profit at a lower quantity. the initial sellout leads me to believe a sort of panic button was hit on the weekend (it was very abrupt) and that the reopening today was part of something that was probably under negotiation this week. considering the lack of problems with this sort of thing before, and how the stock meter hasn't fluctuated so wildly in the past, i think the issue is with the cloth poster and securing material for it. i assume they probably learned their lesson after natural doctrine when it sold out in five days and didn't have anything else to sell until the game's release.

SarusGray

Guess this is proof it really does undermine sales.

And honestly I think it's an odd call, being a higher profile game with likely more broad appeal. Seems it may be a full on miscalculation if the LE is selling out THAT fast.

yeah dub would've have been nice but to be honest, it'd be kind of hard to find a voice actor as good as the JPN voice actors that put out those battle grunts and emotions within a good low budget lol.

I think the only reason the game is making it here is that they took a chance but didn't dub it. After the outcry with ayesha having english only dub, I feel that if it was between english only or japanese, they'd go with japanese.

Is there some statistic or something that shows the sales difference between a english dub and japanese dub game ww? I still think this will do great regardless from the feedback from fans, the limited editions always running out and being restocked accordingly like Anihawk said, and ... the yuri ;)

Weevilone

usually during a preorder, an amount isn't set right away. this is done so that the publisher can gauge interest and get the best and most accurate count before placing an order. if you overestimate, you wind up with a load of stock that has to be heavily slashed. underestimate, and you risk pissing off fans and losing money that could have been made.

given the price point for this one, it wouldn't be surprising if the initial sellouts were completely unexpected. they probably were trying to make a profit at a lower quantity. the initial sellout leads me to believe a sort of panic button was hit on the weekend (it was very abrupt) and that the reopening today was part of something that was probably under negotiation this week. considering the lack of problems with this sort of thing before, and how the stock meter hasn't fluctuated so wildly in the past, i think the issue is with the cloth poster and securing material for it. i assume they probably learned their lesson after natural doctrine when it sold out in five days and didn't have anything else to sell until the game's release.

The logistics you mention a make a lot of sense, but the preorder bar they have on each item's page seems intent on presenting the idea that you had best hurry when it gets below a certain percentage. So do the emails they send that frequently update how close they are to being sold out for each item. All that starts to seem silly when they keep "restocking" sold out preorders.

It's definitely a downer, but not enough to make me not want it. There's a few other games coming out around then I want too so I'll likely just wait for a price drop and just turn off voices for story scenes.

SarusGray

The logistics you mention a make a lot of sense, but the preorder bar they have on each item's page seems intent on presenting the idea that you had best hurry when it gets below a certain percentage. So do the emails they send that frequently update how close they are to being sold out for each item. All that starts to seem silly when they keep "restocking" sold out preorders.

um they don't send emails out saying that lol. maybe a lot of people are just cancelling orders, lol.

But really I think they underestimated the demand for the game. If it sold out its first week (or on NISAeuropes case, first couple days) they'd lose a lot of profit and a lot of steam for promoting its game since it doesn't release till march.

I was taking a stab at the recent Fire Emblem petting game discussion. Feel free to ignore it :D

It's good to see that other people around here are beginning to realize "It's not Censorship, it's Localization!" is a live example of NewSpeak, in the bin right next to words like "Pre-Owned" and EA's "Gen4".

AniHawk

this again speaks to the sudden stop last weekend. i'm assuming they had a goal after the first day, and during the first week. they sent out a 50% left e-mail on friday and it didn't seem to be moving too dramatically before it was just gone (they didn't send out such an e-mail on the first day when it dropped to 25% left). i'm assuming some issue with the vendor/supplier may have caused an issue, and instead of letting the stock meter ride on what might have been a higher number (and risk overpromising units), they cut it off so that if there was a problem in getting more supply, at least all who preordered could get what they wanted. considering a notification went out now that orders are back up, and not that they're at 25%, i'm guessing the issue was worked out. also, as stock increases, the range in raw numbers increases. for example, 11%-25% out of 100 is 11-25, but 11%-25% out of 6,000 is 660-1500. they might not see it necessary to e-mail customers about the stock levels until the number and not the percentage gets to a certain amount.

um they don't send emails out saying that lol. maybe a lot of people are just cancelling orders, lol.

But really I think they underestimated the demand for the game. If it sold out its first week (or on NISAeuropes case, first couple days) they'd lose a lot of profit and a lot of steam for promoting its game since it doesn't release till march.

the game was nearly sold out on its launch day. the website shutting down overnight is probably what prevented that from happening.

SarusGray

this again speaks to the sudden stop last weekend. i'm assuming they had a goal after the first day, and during the first week. they sent out a 50% left e-mail on friday and it didn't seem to be moving too dramatically before it was just gone (they didn't send out such an e-mail on the first day when it dropped to 25% left). i'm assuming some issue with the vendor/supplier may have caused an issue, and instead of letting the stock meter ride on what might have been a higher number (and risk overpromising units), they cut it off so that if there was a problem in getting more supply, at least all who preordered could get what they wanted. considering a notification went out now that orders are back up, and not that they're at 25%, i'm guessing the issue was worked out. also, as stock increases, the range in raw numbers increases. for example, 11%-25% out of 100 is 11-25, but 11%-25% out of 6,000 is 660-1500. they might not see it necessary to e-mail customers about the stock levels until the number and not the percentage gets to a certain amount.

the game was nearly sold out on its launch day. the website shutting down overnight is probably what prevented that from happening.

interesting insight. That makes a lot of sense. :eek:

Eusis

It's good to see that other people around here are beginning to realize "It's not Censorship, it's Localization!" is a live example of NewSpeak, in the bin right next to words like "Pre-Owned" and EA's "Gen4".
Funnily enough that might count better than a lot of other examples since seeing that gif portrayed it as a really weird, but ultimately innocuous feature removed due to lack of local appeal. But, the fact it may have been under pressure from fan reactions can make it censorship anyway, and regardless we usually said that was cut content, not "localization."

Top Bottom