• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division : Beauty in the small things

Hoje0308

Banned
It is a pretty game and full of atmosphere and details. I would be there day one if I didn't feel like it belongs in that bad gunplay thread.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I know the area in the beta like the back of my hand. They did a really really nice job of modeling Manhattan. It's not a 1:1 like they said it would be, at least I don't think, but still, it's the best NYC I've seen in a videogame.

Hoje0308

Banned
This and the gameplay components don't really do this game justice.

There was so much missing from the beta that it was hard to tell if there was anything compelling enough to make up for the unsatisfying shooting mechanics. Decent gadgets may make the combat enjoyable, so it would have been nice to see more of what the game has to offer in that area.

sjay1994

It is a pretty game and full of atmosphere and details. I would be there day one if I didn't feel like it belongs in that bad gunplay thread.

Yeah. This engine is fantastic, I really like the idea of the story, but the gunplay just feels bad imo.

The weather effects are also fantastic, me and a friend were playing when a blizzard hit, must admit it looked so good that it was a bit of a holy shit, how good does this look moment for both of us.

Elitist1945

s7jeuAz.png

Sure, dude. Sure.

Yea was quite surprisingly impressed by the all the detail during my beta time with the PS4 version. Good stuff Massive!

Looks amazing. Can't wait

And as someone who has lived in NYC for 20 years -- you ain't seen nothing yet. Beta was probably the most boring part of Manhattan. Garment District? Please. Wait until we get Central Park and the Village. Will be so epic

M.W.

Looks amazing. Can't wait

And as someone who has lived in NYC for 20 years -- you ain't seen nothing yet. Beta was probably the most boring part of Manhattan. Garment District? Please. Wait until we get Central Park and the Village. Will be so epic

Central Park isn't in the game unfortunately.

Are these also in the X1 Version?

Also, some stuff are cool but some look weird, like the garbage bags being shot just making little holes, what are they filled with?

ryanofcall

Is the whole light destroying thing visible to other players, too?
And most importantly: is there a trophy you get for spelling naughty words with it?

Koutsoubas

Small or Big I really missed the use of some Heavy Weapons. It needs this category and also a ''Great'' or ''Special'' attack that does way more damage than the others would be a nice addition.

I dont know how long people will play before they get bored of the automatic weapons. It is an RPG after all, as Ubisoft stated

hydruxo

It really is an astounding looking game in terms of detail. I spent alot of time just shooting air out of tires lmao. Can't wait for March 8th.

AJLma

Yea, I couldn't help but buy this game after checking out the beta coverage. Whether it turns out to be the 9.5 AAA game that Ubisoft hopes it will, who knows, but it's clear that a lot of work went into this game conceptually and artistically.

GlamFM

Banned

Yeah, that's my impression after playing the beta for a bit.

And that makes me sad.

Top Bottom