• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coolest looking bosses!!

Thewonandonly

Mostly everyone loves bosses. They are a chance to test new skills that you learned that level and to just give you a challenge. The main reason I play souls games is because I want to see what the bosses look like.

gaping-dragon-large.jpg

This was the boss that got me hooked on dark souls. I was in amazement when I saw this creature walk out and was immediately terrified. I had to call over my friend who was not a gamer to show him just how cool this boss looked.

the_rotten_by_eemeling-d7m1cev.jpg

This creature is the end of what I consider the most annoying area of dark souls 2. But the payoff is worth it in the end for this bad ass looking creature that you fight. Its terrifying looking and it disturbs me and thats exactly what I want in dark souls.

So gaf what are your favorite looking bosses.

mclem

Axelay. ALL OF THEM.

6Z66t89.jpg
dVVPmRA.gif
VRae4pH.gif

g6TQYAy.gif
mBMAMpp.gif
AhQfz7P.gif

(If anything, the last boss is perhaps a little disappointing compared to the rest)

redcrayon

Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma have fantastic creatures that act more like predators than most computer games manage. They even get the behavioural tics right, like the head-twitches of bird creatures, and the stalking, pre-pounce moves of big cats. That combines with the art for a great effect.

Lagiacruz, Tigrex and Seregios are my favourites from Monster Hunter, but the Hydra from Dragon's Dogma is very cool too, showing off a huge creature happy to use both its bulk for bodyslams and speed for strikes.

SJRB

Gold Member
0WeO4uI.jpg

Artorias from Dark Souls.

Amazing visual design. The broken arm only adds to his badassery because he only needs one arm to kick your ass.

TheJoRu

latest

An unconventional choice, I'd say, but it is a boss. This design is so cool and god damn creepy. It looks even more terrifying when the Skull Kid is wearing it.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
The badass Lady Maria

a3330959737_10.jpg

Ludwig the accursed

Ludwig.png

Gehrman

Bloodborne%E2%84%A2_20150424010700.jpg

Mergo's Wet Nurse

Ebrietas, daughter of the cosmos

Ebrietas_Front.jpg

Vicar Amelia

Vicar%2BAmelia.png

AmyS

One of the coolest looking bosses IMHO, the first boss in R-Type II.

Q43Kcwa.jpg

That's a photo from a real arcade machine, notice the reflection of the guy playing it.

RockmanBN

This demon from Sword of Vermilion was something that I thought looked cool as a kid.
tumblr_n192riG6T81qzzgfuo1_500.gif

Also Alpha from Mega Man Battle Network 3 is my bias. I love this gelatin of a boss.
latest

Top Bottom