• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony should bring back Warhawk for the PS4

Heck Yes, bring this back!

I actually get that Warhawk feeling when playing SW Battlefront. The vehicles don't control near as well as Warhawk's to me though, which is a shame.

The Lamp

Nobody bought Starhawk so Sony is not going to invest resources in this franchise anymore. Starhawk was pretty good, too.

Nobody bought Starhawk so Sony is not going to invest resources in this franchise anymore. Starhawk was pretty good, too.

Pretty much this.

I liked Warhawk, but let's be real. Many people latched onto it because it came out in '07, before the PS3 had COD4, Killzone, Uncharted 2, or ANY multiplayer that was truly special.

Starhawk was made to see whether people truly still cared about the Warhawk formula itself...and they clearly didn't.

Elbereth

I was #1 DM player for a while in Warhawk.

The individuals who spent some serious time in this game know that this is absolutely one of the best games ever created, period.

I still think that it was criminally underrated, and deserves another shot.

The Lamp

It was alright... It wasn't Warhawk though

Other than the building stuff (which was pretty neat, although quite different and mixed in reception) and the lack of hovering aircrafts, the gameplay was fundamentally the same or even improved.

Tweeting shu to bring back warhawk, you guys should do the same
Did it earlier. No reply. :(

Pretty much this.

I liked Warhawk, but let's be real. Many people latched onto it because it came out in '07, before the PS3 had COD4, Killzone, Uncharted 2, or ANY multiplayer that was truly special.

Starhawk was made to see whether people truly still cared about the Warhawk formula itself...and they clearly didn't.

I may well have latched onto it in 2007, but I continued playing regularly into 2013 - and a few times since. Well after all the other games you mentioned faded away.

GodofWine

The mode where you had to gather and return the "gold things" was fun but under played, being in a jeep with all 4 tokens, with a passenger shooting at two hawks trying to roast you, while driving off road like a nutcase trying to get within range of your bases rocket launchers...SO GOOD

bitbydeath

Other than the building stuff (which was pretty neat, although quite different and mixed in reception) and the lack of hovering aircrafts, the gameplay was fundamentally the same or even improved.

Nope, Starhawk had no stealth mode;
Starhawk removed my favourite weapon the knife; (R3 does not count)
Starhawk added the awful regenerative health;
Starhawk had no clouds;
Starhawk had no buildings you could walk in;
Starhawk had no weapons or vehicles waiting for you on the map;
Starhawk didn't have a comparable levelling system;
Etc

I could get even pickier about the Jeeps being too wide.

Starhawk was nowhere near as good as Warhawk nor are they very comparable in game play.

Not at all. Ignored it because i thought it irrelevant.

Those games didn't "fade away." They went on to make sequels that people actually bought and played. Same wasn't true for Warhawk, even though as mentioned earlier, Starhawk had the same formula and arguably improved it. No amount of laser-thin nitpicking changes that.

But uh, sure. "Irrelevant."

The Lamp

Dude I played Warhawk for a year and I never even heard of starhawk till this thread. Like wtf did they advertise?

It was a significant reveal at E3? It was previewed for like over a year? Had a beta? Several threads on GAF? Where the hell have you been?

diffusionx

Gold Member
Warhawk was a very cool game, but as Starhawk proved, the fans of the game just wanted to keep playing Warhawk instead of trying anything new. I figure that is what is keeping Sony away.

If a remaster comes out, I buy it, hop on the server, and get killed in .4 seconds to guys that have been playing the game since release. Not too excited about that TBH.

joecanada

It was a significant reveal at E3? It was previewed for like over a year? Had a beta? Several threads on GAF? Where the hell have you been?

I wasn't on gaf see that's the problem... But from my regular channels then I didn't even know this existed

bitbydeath

If a remaster comes out, I buy it, hop on the server, and get killed in .4 seconds to guys that have been playing the game since release. Not too excited about that TBH.

You could always tag up with someone and join them on a vehicle til you learn a few tricks.

Jeep, tank and Warhawk can hold two people. (Jeep can even hold 3)

tr00per

It's like I said earlier. There are no Rambos in Warhawk. To succeed you need a team. Though there could be a little more tutorials and tips for beginners. Even small things like a scrolling tip marquee could help

Elbereth

It's like I said earlier. There are no Rambos in Warhawk. To succeed you need a team. Though there could be a little more tutorials and tips for beginners. Even small things like a scrolling tip marquee could help

I'm not certain if by "Rambos" you mean a single player. It really depends on what game mode that you choose. I was a one man clan and lived in the DM servers. On TDM and such, being a team player was essential to overall victory. However, there are some legendary Warhawk players that can sometime provide a majority of the team kills. In DM, the divide could be even more pronounced.

Man Sony could easily make money by simply releasing remastered version of Warhawk, Wipeout HD Fury, & Socom 2 as $20 PSN only games on PS4. Each of theses series have a die hard fan base that would jump on this plus a good chance to attract some new players that missed out.

Come on Sony & Bluepoint
tumblr_npntnijAYS1r2aobgo7_400.gif

tr00per

I'm not certain if by "Rambos" you mean a single player. It really depends on what game mode that you choose. I was a one man clan and lived in the DM servers. On TDM and such, being a team player was essential to overall victory. However, there are some legendary Warhawk players that can sometime provide a majority of the team kills. In DM, the divide could be even more pronounced.

That's exactly what I meant. And you're very right. I enjoyed dm servers too as a change of pace. Though because it was such a team oriented game it was amazing when you did manage to sneak in and capture a zone or steal the flag yourself.

Man Sony could easily make money by simply releasing remastered version of Warhawk, Wipeout HD Fury, & Socom 2 as $20 PSN only games on PS4. Each of theses series have a die hard fan base that would jump on this plus a good chance to attract some new players that missed out.

Yes. Put me down for socom as well. I respect wipeout but I suck at it lol

GodofWine

OK GAF, I just found out this is available on PS NOW, there is a 7 day trial period. Can we coordinate a GAF Plays Warhawk for a week?!!?!?!?

Onaco

Sony's mistake was making games so late into the PS3's life. StarHawk should have been a PS4 launch title. PlayStation All-Stars and Sly Cooper 4, too. But no, they wanted late PS3 games and put all the pressure on little Knack. Poor guy, having to carry a launch of a PlayStation is no simple task.

SkylineRKR

I was terrible at Warhawk, but it was an awesome game. I'd play it if it comes back but they need to improve the ground combat (its the only issue I had with the game).

Z3M0G

My GF was playing the ps4 so I went through my PS3 library and this was the only game i felt like firing up. Such feels! Arial combat never felt so good in any future game. I was happy to be able to get into matches, even if smaller. There were still multiple servers on the go.

RRockman

Banned
There was nothing more fun than throwing a bunch of mines on your car then driving toward the enemy and then finally jumping out at the last second. This game was magical.

My GF was playing the ps4 so I went through my PS3 library and this was the only game i felt like firing up. Such feels! Arial combat never felt so good in any future game. I was happy to be able to get into matches, even if smaller. There were still multiple servers on the go.
It's a one of a kind game so there's always gonna be people.

Would love a remaster as well since I played warhawk solo a lot since it was before my friends got PS3.

I was #1 DM player for a while in Warhawk.

The individuals who spent some serious time in this game know that this is absolutely one of the best games ever created, period.

I still think that it was criminally underrated, and deserves another shot.

F2P or like $10 on PSN would be killer for PS4.

Or a PS Plus game.

ThisOne

Starhawk was unsuccessful because it kinda sucked and had some huge differences from Warhawk. I appreciate them trying something new but if we could just get a Warhawk sequel with updated graphics and maps, I'd be happy. Keep the mechanics the same.

Top Bottom