• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Doctor Who villain/monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orkidea

Midnight is a fantastic villain concept for both not pulling the curtain too far back on exactly what the monster is, and for the wedge it drives between him and the humans.

Generally when you think of a lot of the Doctor's big "wins" since the rebooted series they all revolve around the idea of the Doctor using his connection and relationship with the better nature of humans to save the day. He inspires them, unites them, uses their innate power and decency to confound even the most threatening of foes. Sometimes its just his human companion, sometimes its the entire world, but that's generally how he gets it done.

But the monster in Midnight pretty quickly realizes this and almost defeats the Doctor by turning a group of ordinary people into maniacs, like a dark mirror of his ability to inspire.

And what is most impressive is that even though the Doctor has had centuries of contact and experience with humans, this creature that has presumably never seen humans before almost beats him at manipulating them.

Well said.

Kathian

Banned
I think it's the Salasar - such a depraved individual. New series Of say my face is the Dream Lord.

atPV1Qb.jpg

One of my favourite stories.

Symphonia

Banned
The Dream Lord, The Weeping Angels, The Silence, and the beast from Midnight. It's a shame Moffat overused the Angels and the Silence, though, he's killed any mystery they had about them.

PaulloDEC

I can't go past the Daleks. When they're crap, they're total crap, but when they're good, you couldn't find a more perfect evil.

I've also a big soft spot for Sutekh.

Also great: Davros, the Nestenes/Autons, Scaroth, Taren Capel, The Master (sometimes).

Boem

43188.jpg

All kidding aside, I have a soft spot for Omega. Also, Scaroth/the Count from City of Death:

Customer%5CKoosh%5Ctve6648-98-19791020-0.jpg

He had one of the most fun/insane evil plans of the show ever. Fun fact, he's played by Julian Glover, now better known for his Game of Thrones role:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom