• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

biaxident

Yea no, and fuck that nonsense.

Not only do stash tabs need to NOT be gated, they should also not be limited like they are. It's absolute fucking nonsense that we have such limited space while other similar games have no meaningful stash restrictions at all. Suggesting that you "like" it is just sort of fucking infuriating. With respect. Stash space should not be a fucking carrot on a stick. It's been a core complaint about Diablo 3 for 4 fucking years. If you're new to the game I understand, but as a veteran since launch I couldn't roll my eyes harder at that sentence.

Oh I do agree with the fact that we need way more space, I just meant its good having something to shoot for. But yeah i'm with you, I just liked having an immediate goal you know. I've played Path of exile and there's like 20 or 30 stash tabs lol.

^ word word.

I feel like they can sell so much by doing real cash sales of additional stash slots from some micro transaction (like PoE) for the longest fucking time but they won't. But the way the game is now, more stash is needed and all they can do is give 1 tab per 3 months... -_-

This shit is nuts. :p Like they introduced Rebirth mechanic. COOL. Except after doing it, I was emailed all the gear/inventory and I had NO fucking room for all of it. I had to do some serious inventory management because of this stupid mail inventory / limited stash space.

They'd have all of my US dollars if stash space became available for a reasonable price. I don't give a fuck anymore; I just want as much space as I'd like to have for a reasonable price.

Blizzard pls, I'm dying of thirst.

Lain

Yea no, and fuck that nonsense.

Not only do stash tabs need to NOT be gated, they should also not be limited like they are. It's absolute fucking nonsense that we have such limited space while other similar games have no meaningful stash restrictions at all. Suggesting that you "like" it is just sort of fucking infuriating. With respect. Stash space should not be a fucking carrot on a stick. It's been a core complaint about Diablo 3 for 4 fucking years. If you're new to the game I understand, but as a veteran since launch I couldn't roll my eyes harder at that sentence.

Indeed.

My dream keeps being a personal chest and a shared chest.
No matter how many tabs they add (and they'll add what, 4 or 5 more?), it's never going to be enough, not with all those sets and variations, if you have more than 1 character.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
The existing stash space would be a lot easier to deal with if we had sorting features. I don't even have all mine full and it still feels cumbersome.

The existing stash space would be a lot easier to deal with if we had sorting features. I don't even have all mine full and it still feels cumbersome.
Every day I look for an item and think to myself, "why can't I just start typing in the name of the item instead of flipping through 10 pages of items?"

Cipherr

Glad to see Im not the only one frustrated with them drip feeding the playerbase stash space. Its moronic in a loot game to do this crap.

Cannot for the LIFE of me understand why they insist on it. PoE got it SOOOOO right. I think I had to pay $, but I had ALL the goddamn tabs I wanted and could ever need or even possibly use. Which makes freaking SENSE in a loot based ARPG.

But whatever

Really annoyed me coming back to the game to see they actually added a tab on the side, but dont let you fill that side with bags. Its just... artificially limited for no fucking reason. Between this and the deck slots in Hearthstone I want to strangle these assholes.

MrDaravon

Unless they're still terrified of having negative public reaction to microtransactions in the west I can't see why they wouldn't offer more tabs for money at this point. It's either that or it's a tech issue on their backend or whatever, game doesn't seem to be well optimized in general. Or both!

Deadly

Unless they're still terrified of having negative public reaction to microtransactions in the west I can't see why they wouldn't offer more tabs for money at this point. It's either that or it's a tech issue on their backend or whatever, game doesn't seem to be well optimized in general. Or both!
Haven't they already implemented microtransactions in the Asian version or something? Sounds like the former.

Lain

Until this very moment, I don't understand why the movement speed stats on feet items is usually on the list of stats priority.
Isn't movement speed capped just with Paragons? At least that's what the stats seems to imply, but maybe I'm missing something that would give priority to movement speed on a pair of boots over, say, armor.

th3dude

Until this very moment, I don't understand why the movement speed stats on feet items is usually on the list of stats priority.
Isn't movement speed capped just with Paragons? At least that's what the stats seems to imply, but maybe I'm missing something that would give priority to movement speed on a pair of boots over, say, armor.

My guess is that it frees up paragon points for primary stat, since that isn't capped in paragon.

Makes you gain 125 mainstat which is fucking laughable compared to what you can get on boots instead (either skill, regen, armor). Imo it's terrible advice to put on guides, 125 stat won't make a fucking difference when you have 10k+

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Makes you gain 125 mainstat which is fucking laughable compared to what you can get on boots instead (either skill, regen, armor). Imo it's terrible advice to put on guides, 125 stat won't make a fucking difference when you have 10k+

Primary stat is more useful than anything else usually. Depends on spec obviously, but 125 main stat is more useful than those others usually

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Primary stat is more useful than anything else usually. Depends on spec obviously, but 125 main stat is more useful than those others usually

I highly doubt that once you get past a certain point. As Shugga said, what's 125 int on your wiz when you've already got 10,000+ int. I'll tell you what: 1% of your DPS :p.

1.25% DPS (if you have 10K mainstat which is far from being high now, high would probably be more like 20k with despair and high PLevels) will never beat about 600 armor or 7k life regen, especially considering how grifts scale

1.25% DPS (if you have 10K mainstat which is far from being high now, high would probably be more like 20k with despair and high PLevels) will never beat about 600 armor or 7k life regen, especially considering how grifts scale

agree with this. on the leaderboards, you'll find that most people that are dropping Despair on their gear don't really give a shit about how much mainstat their ancient item has because they're going to be depositing 300-500 mainstat on it through Despair anyway. the question seems to be whether it has near max VIT + Armor/All Resist or crit/ability buff/LpH/Regen if applicable.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

get better itemized boots then if you need to sacrifice movement speed for stats you require?

also, 7k life regen when your health is in the hundreds of thousands is practically nothing unless you've got it amplified by some sort of other legendary affix, which at that point depends on your spec.

not every spec is going to be able to use the +damage from the skills available on the boots. that's why, generally, main stat is better. 1% of dps is still 1%. and if you're putting out numbers as high as 23 billion, 1% is a lot. plus main stats give armor/resist anyway so its not like it doesnt benefit down the line

get better itemized boots then if you need to sacrifice movement speed for stats you require?

also, 7k life regen when your health is in the hundreds of thousands is practically nothing unless you've got it amplified by some sort of other legendary affix, which at that point depends on your spec.

not every spec is going to be able to use the +damage from the skills available on the boots. that's why, generally, main stat is better. 1% of dps is still 1%. and if you're putting out numbers as high as 23 billion, 1% is a lot. plus main stats give armor/resist anyway so its not like it doesnt benefit down the line
1% (at best) DPS isn't significant since that's way less than the jump from GR x to GR x+1, and we're only talking about the boots slot here
While 700 armor or 7k regen is way more significant since you don't have that much to start with and monster damage doesn't scale as much

But hey keep thinking "dps is king" while you itemize, see how far you get when you trade 10% ehp for 2% dps

What is despair?

it's the new Cube upgrade that lets you augment ancient legendary gear with main stat based on the level of a gem you're willing to sacrifice. the catch is it has to be an ancient piece of gear and if you find a better gear piece for that slot you have to level another gem to 70/80/90/100 which can take a full day or two.

I believe it's 5 main stat per level. So if you have a level 80 gem and cube it onto a piece of ancient gear, you can add 400 main stat.

By doing this with each piece of ancient legendary gear along with high paragon levels (1200-1500+), people are achieving 15,000-20,000 main stat.

Raticus79

What is despair?

1iLihN7.png

"Oo I know I know!"

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I vote for rerolling movespeed to other stats due to the decreasing significance of the mainstat as stat totals approach 20k for geared players.

Cipherr

Lord. Just started trying some split bounties. This is AMAZING. Been wasting mass amounts of time doing them solo when Im not working. Its waaaaaay faster and more efficient with 3 others all split up tearing ass through all 5 acts.

Ill continue to do them solo while Im working since I can pause, but multiplayer is waaaay better otherwise
EWmof.gif

nubbe

Lord. Just started trying some split bounties. This is AMAZING. Been wasting mass amounts of time doing them solo when Im not working. Its waaaaaay faster and more efficient with 3 others all split up tearing ass through all 5 acts.

Ill continue to do them solo while Im working since I can pause, but multiplayer is waaaay better otherwise
EWmof.gif

But for some reason there is always from moran that manages to turn in without bonus even on TX :(

Still is like 4 times faster :p

Raticus79

But for some reason there is always from moran that manages to turn in without bonus even on TX :(

Still is like 4 times faster :p

I just fight fire with fire by being the jerk who turns in the quests as soon as they're ready in each bonus act. (risks some people getting the bags while their inventory is full and missing them when they drop on the floor mid-run)

I'm super anal about having the same number of mats from each cache, so this drives me insane. I understand if I'm doing T1 bounties but at T10? Get it together people.

Baliis

I'm super anal about having the same number of mats from each cache, so this drives me insane. I understand if I'm doing T1 bounties but at T10? Get it together people.

I never do single acts, but somehow I have like 25 more actone mats than any other, idk how.

Ayumi

Finally managed to do 55 solo (Wiz). I switched one simple skill, and 55 became easier than 45 was.

Now I just need a lot more Paragon Points (I'm only p368) for to fill out the points + INT, and more than 2 Ancient items. And hopefully that damn Scepter will drop soon.

I just still feel so lost and behind because of how late I started. And how little game time I have. But oh well. I wouldn't be happy until I'm in the late 60s at least.. But I don't know how much time I have to invest, so I gotta try to be effective.

you in US? and what are you looking to do?

Yeah US West Coast. Nothing in particular - rifts, grifts, bounties. I'm just trying to get better gear so I can beat the conqueror season chapter. I've been trying to beat the thrill conquest but I'm about a minute too slow. I usually play from around 9 - 10:30 pm pacific time.

Yeah US West Coast. Nothing in particular - rifts, grifts, bounties. I'm just trying to get better gear so I can beat the conqueror season chapter. I've been trying to beat the thrill conquest but I'm about a minute too slow. I usually play from around 9 - 10:30 pm pacific time.

roger that. will add. let's make some money.

Lain

I'm at an impasse. I can now easily survive a GR70 as a Wizard, I just can't clear it in time. At some point I might manage to be ahead of the timer (just slightly tho), but then I just start falling behind despite not dying.

Is my problem that the stuff I have isn't good enough (some items aren't good enough like the rose, I'm aware, but overall, do I need more ancient/better rolled items/upgrading those few ancients I have?), or that I simply suck because with that stuff one should be able to pull it off?

Firemind

I can't look at your gear, but outside of a gg amulet, I think it's time to stack area damage. I also have trouble dealing damage at this point and I think area damage will give you a lot of free damage with EB and SB.

eek5

1) You need more HP. That's what barrier blades scales off of so you will get a lot more ehp from having more HP.
2) You need CD badly. You're missing 100% on rings. If you're over 60% CC you can probably shed some for CD or try to get rings with both (along with area dmg)
3) EB skill roll should be rerolled on your source to area damage or arcane orb. Both are good but AD should give you a bit more dmg for groups.
4) You're missing 7-17% dmg on your amulet because of the elemental roll
5) Upgrade gems. If you're up to GR70 you should be upgrading your gems towards that level.

You can also try switching builds. I find that running triumvirate with furnace cubed and drop EB for magic weapon/deflection is a lot more consistent/fast for GR70s. Less micro managing too. You just watch the arcane dynamo and do AO when it hits 5.

I'm at an impasse. I can now easily survive a GR70 as a Wizard, I just can't clear it in time. At some point I might manage to be ahead of the timer (just slightly tho), but then I just start falling behind despite not dying.

Is my problem that the stuff I have isn't good enough (some items aren't good enough like the rose, I'm aware, but overall, do I need more ancient/better rolled items/upgrading those few ancients I have?), or that I simply suck because with that stuff one should be able to pull it off?

1.) Keep rolling gloves and hats. Not having Vit on your glove (or at least your hat) is unacceptable.

2.) Roll the explosive damage to area damage on that source.

3.) Pray for a better ring or farm enough mats to reforge a few times. Same with the Traveler's Pledge. But only reforge an extra one you have in your stash that isn't being used.

4.) Upgrade those gems. There's no reason for you to have 64 gems in use if you're trying to manage 70+ rifts. Those gems should all be 70 because you cleared 69 enough times to level all 3 to 70.

The unique burden of the Arcane Orb build is the challenge of clearing in time. It's a problem the twisted sword builds really don't have because it's easier to keep pack aggro as you scout ahead to draw in more density. What you'll need to learn to do in order to manage 70+ is to keep looking for density and grouping. Don't bother with packs smaller than 10 and be sure to scout around in any room to see if there are any more white or elites you can draw together to clear at once. Rifts with big open rooms full of white and elites are your friend. Rifts with long, sparsely populated corridors are there to fuck you over. Skip elite packs that like to run away from you (succubus and the squids in particular).

And ultimately you'll find out that there are some rifts that you simply can't complete. The Orb build needs density as a prerequisite for success. If you start on a level that has very poor density, you mine as well exit and start over in a new GR unless you want to just practice the theory of grouping.

Oh also, your follower is fucking you over. Remove that "your follower cannot die" token if you're using that Templar. He will cause you to lose aggro and will group things to him rather than to you where you need them to be (gathered around you). He might be good with that build if you're climbing with a Twisted Sword, but he's cancer for the Arcane Orbit build.

You can also try switching builds. I find that running triumvirate with furnace cubed and drop EB for magic weapon/deflection is a lot more consistent/fast for GR70s. Less micro managing too. You just watch the arcane dynamo and do AO when it hits 5.
I can't really support that recommendation, but no reason to not give it a try at least. AO build really doesn't have issues with killing elites. It's an area damage build. As long as you have proper density, everything will die in due time. And if you don't have proper density, that Furnace won't make up much ground. Note that most of the high leaderboard AO players are using OID and Triumvirate.

eek5

I can't really support that recommendation, but no reason to not give it a try at least. AO build really doesn't have issues with killing elites. It's an area damage build. As long as you have proper density, everything will die in due time. And if you don't have proper density, that Furnace won't make up much ground. Note that most of the high leaderboard AO players are using OID and Triumvirate.

Of course people aren't using it in high GR because they need the toughness.

For low 70s I find it more consistent and easier to play. Hes not exactly pushing; he shouldn't have to fish for GRs at 70. With furance and magic weapon he should be able to one shot elite packs on 70 the second arcane cycle on CoE hits. Just take hits to drop teleport CD and move from pack to pack. Easy fast clears.

Top Bottom