• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The music in FE Fates is sounding real good....

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I was just watching this video uploaded my gamexplain, and naturally I have my headphones on, and the battle music is sounding orgasmic to me, especially when it transitions into the battle version. If this is what is to expect from this game, than I'm day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZGgni_Jnk

Richie

Hooked to that song they added in Smash alongside Corrin. If the average song in the game is of that quality... Gooood timeeees....

I like the opening theme. The one played in its first revealed.

Funny thing, That trailer had everybody thinking it was SMTxFE

Gaffi

I like how the song transitions but do we know if there is a way to remove the 'boom/swoosh' sound before every battle? It just kind of blares over the transition in audio.

foxuzamaki

you weren't day 1 before?

lol

Well I was more like day 2 or something since I haven't finished awakening yet(trying to grind party members that I didn't use plus pair them up so they can pop out babies) and if I didn't get the special edition, which I'm hoping you can go into gamestop and preorder it

Fates is overall better.

But nothing come close don't speak her name, including the one you linked.

And the 3ds recruitment themes have all sucked ass ... they used to be the highlight of the series.

thats the one thing i dont like about the 3ds games :/ the recruitment themes have all been pretty weak and lame nothing will ever come close to together we ride will it

Fates is overall better.

But nothing come close don't speak her name, including the one you linked.

And the 3ds recruitment themes have all sucked ass ... they used to be the highlight of the series.

Well progress in Fates...sorta. Its funny a lot of the Music improved, but the track thats suppose to be one of the standouts is...just there.
FE 9 and 10 had my favorite.

thats the one thing i dont like about the 3ds games :/ the recruitment themes have all been pretty weak and lame nothing will ever come close to together we ride will it
I find With Us better.
Then again I don't count Melee's version

Are the battle themes actually interesting this time around? Awakening had really, uh... not-so-great battle themes for me. The only one I really liked was the first music for the enemy's turn (Onslaught (Steel)). After that it was basically a bit boring for my ears.

I was so let down after Radiant Dawn, which I think has some of the best battle music of the localized Fire Emblems (as they're the only ones I've played).

Kinsei

Banned
IMO Fates' soundtrack is a big step up from Awakening's.

I'm particular to the map theme for the chapter where you make your choice; it feels very much like a successor to Awakening's "Don't speak her name!"

That does sound really good.

Hey, at least Nohr's is serviceable. I agree that Awakening and Hoshido's are pretty rough, though.

It's alright.

Well progress in Fates...sorta. Its funny a lot of the Music improved, but the track thats suppose to be one of the standouts is...just there.
FE 9 and 10 had my favorite.

I find With Us better.
Then again I don't count Melee's version

7 is my favorite, but that might just be because it was the first I heard. When it kicked in it was like the music was saying "Hell yeah! Let's do this shit!"

Draxal

Awakening had Good music, it just the good tracks didn't play often and the mediocre tracks play often.

In my opinion

I really loved Conquest, but I can see why alot of people would hate that song.

The lack of a good recruitment theme really hurt.

for me the best awakening tracks have to be conquest/dont speak her name/ a lot of the id songs (purpose and hope are so good) and divine decree (ablaze)/ dry your tears is also really good

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I was just watching this video uploaded my gamexplain, and naturally I have my headphones on, and the battle music is sounding orgasmic to me, especially when it transitions into the battle version. If this is what is to expect from this game, than I'm day 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rZGgni_Jnk
This is definitely a standout battle theme, don't expect the others to be as good, though the music overall is still excellent. Had this permanently set as my my castle theme as soon as it became available.

foxuzamaki

Are the battle themes actually interesting this time around? Awakening had really, uh... not-so-great battle themes for me. The only one I really liked was the first music for the enemy's turn (Onslaught (Steel)). After that it was basically a bit boring for my ears.

I was so let down after Radiant Dawn, which I think has some of the best battle music of the localized Fire Emblems (as they're the only ones I've played).

I really love conquest tho enough that I exclusively have it playing for every regular battle.

for me the best awakening tracks have to be conquest/dont speak her name/ a lot of the id songs (purpose and hope are so good) and divine decree (ablaze)/ dry your tears is also really good

I actually used to like this song.
That was of course until they added in a paralogue that brought her back
, kind of erasing all feelings I had towards that song.

I get that the bonus chapters are just "icing on the cake", but it just really soured the song / story point for me.
Her whole death is almost pointless, I get that the events of the story would have not happened if Emmeryn didn't fall, but still. Why bring her back, same with the others like Gangrel, at least with Yen Fay he was from another timeline, but the rest, they just survived somehow?
It just seems like really pointless icing on an already iced cake.

I actually used to like this song.
That was of course until they added in a paralogue that brought her back
, kind of erasing all feelings I had towards that song.

I get that the bonus chapters are just "icing on the cake", but it just really soured the song / story point for me.
Her whole death is almost pointless, I get that the events of the story would have not happened if Emmeryn didn't fall, but still. Why bring her back, same with the others like Gangrel, at least with Yen Fay he was from another timeline, but the rest, they just survived somehow?
It just seems like really pointless icing on an already iced cake.
Her Death was Pointless regardless storywise, I mean it was well done, but quickly forgotten

My opinion of course

Her Death was Pointless regardless storywise, I mean it was well done, but quickly forgotten

My opinion of course

That sounds like most plot points in Awakening, like the other children time traveling back and Walhart.

Speaking of which, does Fire Emblem Fates have any kind of story arch that feels disjointed/filler from the rest of the game?

That sounds like most plot points in Awakening, like the other children time traveling back and Walhart.

Speaking of which, does Fire Emblem Fates have any kind of story arch that feels disjointed/filler from the rest of the game?

You mean like the Valm arc specifically? I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like that.

You mean like the Valm arc specifically? I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like that.

Good. I heard the Fates story is on the average side of Fire Emblems
with Conquest being on the horrible end of the spectrum
, but at least it probably won't have any serious padding/pacing issues Awakening has.

(If it does, at least the gameplay looks really good)

GSR

Good. I heard the Fates story is on the average side of Fire Emblems
with Conquest being on the horrible end of the spectrum
, but at least it probably won't have any serious padding/pacing issues Awakening has.

(If it does, at least the gameplay looks really good)

Conquest's story is indeed pretty dumb but I can't really say I felt any pacing issues. Maybe a little bit in like the chapter 11-15 range, but nothing on the level of Valm. You keep moving forward for the most part.

I'm only really following Fire Emblem after Awakening so I'm not really familiar with the series' soundtrack but I liked the music in Awakening and what I heard of Fates so far shapes up to be amazing.

This track along gives me massive chills everytime I hear it, especially because of the chorus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV1KJ4EUgaA

Yes, and the music of Awakening was great, it should be no surprise this is good too :)

I totally agree, he's a composer that i''ve discovered with bayonetta 1(before I knew he was behind Devil May cry 4) and every piece he has composed was pure godlike ;).

I'm really liking the Nohr Recruitment theme a lot. It's kind of addictive.

Conquest and id(Purpose) are definitely the highlights from Awakening.
Don't Speak Her Name is up there too.
Although my personal favorite is the theme that plays before Don't speak her name. It's just a piano when selecting your characters. I love how that was done.

Top Bottom