• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Baby blue shorts? pfft For fucking real? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Apparently so
03vZpSa.jpg

ZZMitch

Wow. The ugliness of this kit is even more astounding when you put it next to this masterpiece:

MLS-2015-Columbus-2.png

No way it was the same design team, right?

seriously though outside of the cookie cutter designs they tend to employ, moving the stripes off the shoulders has made these adidas kits so much cleaner and better looking to me.

The NYCFC one looks pretty nice, works well with the circular crest.

And I agree, Adidas moving the stripes off the shoulders for the most part has been a good change.

Each outward circle represents everyone turning and laughing at the baseball infield down the wing.

You made me think of Matt Miazga's home run swing after his goal and now I'm sad. :(

Also, someone, anyone, needs to slide into home if they score a goal there this season. The fact no one did it last season is a travesty. Should use baseball references there after every opposing goal just to throw salt in the wound.

Trade alert!

Kyle McCarthy ‏@kylejmccarthy 4h4 hours ago
New England is expected to reinforce central midfield options by acquiring Gershon Koffie from Vancouver, per league sources. #MLS

https://twitter.com/kylejmccarthy/status/697826387349127168

edit:

Official: http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/pos...acquire-gershon-koffie-vancouver-whitecaps-fc

TRANSACTION: New England Revolution acquire Gershon Koffie in exchange for general allocation money and targeted allocation money. As part of the trade, Vancouver will receive a percentage of any future transfer fees obtained by New England.

ZZMitch

Trade alert!

https://twitter.com/kylejmccarthy/status/697826387349127168

edit:

Official: http://www.revolutionsoccer.net/pos...acquire-gershon-koffie-vancouver-whitecaps-fc

TRANSACTION: New England Revolution acquire Gershon Koffie in exchange for general allocation money and targeted allocation money. As part of the trade, Vancouver will receive a percentage of any future transfer fees obtained by New England.

Great move by the Revs, don't feel so bad about missing Kouassi now

What the what?

According to a later tweet Becks made $75 million on the deal and keeps some ownership of the club.

Well, let's see if they can corroborate it before wondering what's up.

yeah im wondering when others will pick this up.

if it's true it's probably a good move for all parties involved. Beckham makes a tidy profit and still remains involved and MiamiMLS gets owners with seemingly endless pockets who can probably do a better job of wheeling and dealing, Qatar human rights issues notwithstanding.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
yeah im wondering when others will pick this up.

if it's true it's probably a good move for all parties involved. Beckham makes a tidy profit and still remains involved and MiamiMLS gets owners with seemingly endless pockets who can probably do a better job of wheeling and dealing, Qatar human rights issues notwithstanding.

They'd certainly have almost limitless funds with which to spend on DPs, combine that with the location and they could get some really good players to come over.

Askani

Link: http://www.gq.com/story/cleveland-teen-becomes-rec-league-legend

Cleveland Teen Was Kicked Out of His Rec Soccer League for the Best Reasons

Good sportsmanship is overrated. Sports are supposed to be fun, and few things make sports more fun than people dancing, celebrating, and in general being overly-excited weirdos. This is especially true when we're talking about rec league soccer, which is basically a gym class that doesn't take place in a school.

I'm clearly not alone in feeling this way, because Cleveland area teenager Brian Garruto recently received an epic email that listed all of the (often funny) unsportsmanlike things he's done since joining a rec league team. The person who sent the email, which Brian tweeted out, clearly thought it was a good argument for why Brian was being kicked out of the league. I think the email is a good argument that Brian is a legend and should be treated like the hero that he is.

4T6bsV9.png

6zDJGDM.png

It's hard to choose a favorite part of this. I'm fond of his repeated distaste for shinguards and his giving birth to the soccer ball celebration, but nothing can top his actions on January 3rd, 2016. Brian received a red card, and then switched jerseys with a teammate so that he could continue playing. The gall of that is so funny, because it so obviously wouldn't work. It's not like the ref won't remember the face of the guy he ejected fifteen minutes ago, but did Brian let that stop him? No. No he did not. Being banned from a league can be tough on someone (i.e. why Pete Rose has transformed into a sad pumpkin of a man), but to his credit, Brian is handling the moment with class. Along with the screenshots of the email, he tweeted:

I'd like to thank all the loyal fans of the Cleveland Steamers co ed team for supporting me during my season.

First, does this league not know what a Cleveland Steamer is? They must not or they would have included the choice of that name on their otherwise exhaustive list. But more importantly, this tweet shows that even when his very important, and not at all a joke rec soccer league career is threatened, Brian isn't worried about himself. No, he's only thinking of the fans. What a class act.

ngower

The Shipp trade makes Montreal kind of formidable, especially if Drogba returns. RBNY, New England, Columbus (pending Kamara), Toronto and Montreal all look super strong, NYCFC and Orlando definitely competitors. Chicago are still kinda up in the air, not sure what to expect from Philly and DC. This is gonna be a difficult year in the East. This summer if Jurgen decides to call up Juan, Charlie, Lee et al, I'm gonna stab someone.

The Shipp trade makes Montreal kind of formidable, especially if Drogba returns. RBNY, New England, Columbus (pending Kamara), Toronto and Montreal all look super strong, NYCFC and Orlando definitely competitors. Chicago are still kinda up in the air, not sure what to expect from Philly and DC. This is gonna be a difficult year in the East. This summer if Jurgen decides to call up Juan, Charlie, Lee et al, I'm gonna stab someone.

Lee is probably gonna get a callup, especially after this camp.

It will coincide with that stretch where we can't even buy a win

Top Bottom