• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Beckx

What's not clear in the rule (though seemingly implied) is whether you have to have your body in a line with the base - no flinging your legs out goalie style while your hand reaches for the bag. The NCAA rule makes that illegal.

New mod, same results. Second page fellas. Let's get in spring training mode. I'm looking forward to repeat as MLB Gaf fantasy baseball champ.

zroid

Banned
Us mariners fans are still here, lurking. This is our year!

If I say this every year till the day I die, it'll be true one of those years.
Nah :(
hey last two years the reigning playoff drought holders got in

now it's the Mariners' turn

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ketchup > Mustard

*stares at Xia and smiles*

NcCScKa.gif

Z5EVM5c.gif

untitled-4gruxu.gif

TD49ERS.gif

VUOcytd.gif

dAzTzlt_zpsznphy5p7.png

Took this from OS who took it from the MLB 16: The Show Stream yesterday. Getting hyped for that dirt infield. Glad it's in the game.

Also, Edwin Encarnacion does his Parrot thing when he hits a home run.

Pop Up - Check
Grill - Check
Chairs - Check
Coolers - Check
Cigars - Check
Flagpole with various team flags - Check
70s/80s Rock Playlist - Check
Tickets for A's Mesa, Cubs Mesa, Scottsdale, Goodyear, Maryvale, Peoria - All Check

I am now ready for spring training.

HURRY UP, TIME. UGH.

BFIB

Why is MLB16 not releasing until the end of March? Usually it's out near the beginning. I need a baseball fix, and soon.

Beckx

Why is MLB16 not releasing until the end of March? Usually it's out near the beginning. I need a baseball fix, and soon.

I'm waiting til April 28 for the new Power Pros. ;_; (Which is even more ridiculous considering NPB season starts in March)

Beckx

Power Pro 2016 opening movie: https://youtu.be/q6xULQYxGuw

Looks like Festival mode is going to be some crazy arcade shenanigans

Game looks great this year on PS4, Sho-time about to rock this pitch.

pf03_02.jpg

Reflections on batting helmets this year

pf03_03.jpg

Yanagita's 2015 numbers are sick.

pf04_03.jpg

Oh, just Tetsuto Yamada, A rank in Speed and Power

pf04_04.jpg

BigAT

Well the Mariners may not be doing anything at the major league level, but I'm sure they have a young group of talent in their farm system just waiting to have an impact.

28. Seattle Mariners

Oh...

I'll take 6th. We have quality young guys alread in the big leagues, a great farm and the 1st pick this year but I feel good for the future.

Like I said before this year will be a fun year to watch the Phils with all the young players just go through all the bumps and bruises together. I am just hoping for no significant injuries. I wanna see JP up so bad..

Friggz

cant say i expected the yankees to be that high . i was looking for them to slide in between 18-22. 13 is really good after "losing" sev and bird.

zroid

Banned
Apparently along with the dirt infield, RC is also getting a big roof upgrade. Not sure what the implications are (opening in colder weather?) but sounds good anyway.

edit: actually, that is the implication -- it should be functional in colder weather. This is supposed to be important if they intend to ever use a natural grass surface.

How is it even possible for the Marlins system to be that bad?

We really dropped the ball drafting Tyler Kolek #2 overall in 2014. Then we traded away two top ten prospects to the Astros at the trade deadline in 2014. Then we traded away several more top 10 prospects, including our #1 prospect to the Dodgers and Reds.

We basically gutted our farm system for 1 year of Mat Latos/Dan Haren, Dee Gordon, and Jared Cosart.

Apparently along with the dirt infield, RC is also getting a big roof upgrade. Not sure what the implications are (opening in colder weather?) but sounds good anyway.

edit: actually, that is the implication -- it should be functional in colder weather. This is supposed to be important if they intend to ever use a natural grass surface.

e0a4ikB.gif

Sometimes get bummed at seeing the Cardinals' farm ranked so far, but given since 2013 (when they were ranked #1) they've graduated Shelby Miller, Michael Wacha, Carlos Martinez, Kolten Wong, Trevor Rosenthal, Stephen Piscotty, Randal Grichuk, Kevin Siegrist Joe Kelly it's hard to be mad. Not sure any other org can say they've graduated the same quality crop of players

Not even mentioning guys like Matt Carpenter or Lance Lynn who graduated in 2012. Or that their top prospect and one of the top prospects in all of baseball passed away

Definitely need the guys in the low minors to take a step forward this year. Could easily see them ranking top third in 2017

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I honestly would have expected that Braves number to be higher. I mean, Georgia. But their fanbase is probably more diverse than either Missouri fanbase. 🤔

Top Bottom