• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5: Guardians |OT3| Ball Dropped

I'm curious what modes do most of you spend playing?

For me: TS>WZ>BTB>WZA

I have been spending more time in WZA over WZ lately. I like the faster games and it's just overall more fun than WZ.
For me it's slayer followed by warzone assault followed by team arena. i really enjoy slayer. without good teammates ctf is a nightmare. Although I don't mind strongholds with randoms.

Madness

If they gave me the same RP I get from WZ and WZA in Team Arena or Slayer, I would swallow my pride and deal with the shit rankings and quitters and play thousands of those matches. The grind has me until I get Mark IV and my crossed swords. The very limited time I have these days is only usually for warzone assault or a quick SWAT for daily win.

If they gave me the same RP I get from WZ and WZA in Team Arena or Slayer, I would swallow my pride and deal with the shit rankings and quitters and play thousands of those matches. The grind has me until I get Mark IV and my crossed swords. The very limited time I have these days is only usually for warzone assault or a quick SWAT for daily win.
That would be extremely nice indeed. I don't know why they aren't more equal since a warzone assault game can often take far less time than a slayer game to finish.
First game is a warzone assault

Depending on my req points, another game to get up to 5k rp. If not i beat the slayer up.

Beat

It

Up'hhh

>=D
I use warzone assault a lot of the time just to get warmed up

MaGlock

The weight of the RP is probably to make us play warzone, not that i think it a bad mode but its so different from classic halo it needs extra incentive

Warzone offers better RP because you spend Req Cards during the game, so they give you more points so you can have cards to use.
But arena could increase the RP earnings little bit.

Can someone please tell me what the oni gungoose is best used for?

The heavy/bouncy grenades aren't at good as the others when pit in the open so I'm thinking it could be used when storming a base or something as the grenades bounce around so much... But that's pretty limited imo.

Oni hog is such a beast, gungoose not so much.

Karl2177

Can someone please tell me what the oni gungoose is best used for?

The heavy/bouncy grenades aren't at good as the others when pit in the open so I'm thinking it could be used when storming a base or something... But that's pretty limited imo.

I've used it for shelling the core area in Warzone Assault. Depending on the map, you can line it up can get a ricochet off the ceiling of the core room that bounces near the core. It'll do damage to the core if there's someone near it and it splashes to the core.

BraXzy

Finally got round to getting an in-game screenshot of the best customisation set up in the game ;)

Fp5rBdc.jpg

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Fuuuuuuu

That moment when you're drinking playing halo and you purchase your 3rd silver req pack with rp of the night and realize you're onto GOLD.

Madness

I really like the Hunter helmet but I hate how they gave it away as a pre-order deal. Completely ruined it for me.

Psshhh. Got myself a sweet legendary armor set, legendary red rampant visor, bloodthirst ultra rare BR. I actually don't see too many Locke. I've been using Noble armor and helm until I get Mark IV.

I think rarity levels are definitely also affecting what we pick. I see so many people say they use ugly armors or emblems solely because they're ultra rare or legendary or something.

Fotos

Already maxed out gold and waiting for tomorrows req announcement to get some motivation to grind for RP

Please be some good stufffffff

No, I mean I know that the security helmet is in halo 5. If I ever unlock it I'll probably use it a bit. But I still want the CEA version of the Mark V. That's all.

I got lucky and unlocked the Security helmet around ~SR50. I use a bronze-ish visor color to replicate that true Marathon look.

Glass

That weekend playlist sounds great, wonder if we've seen the maps in this and the forge thread. The golden temple like one sticks out in my mind for 2v2.

probably the first time halo 5's armor has piqued my interest

not enough to grind warzone for though lol

I got it from finishing halo 1,2,3 and 4 in the MCC on solo legendary. An even bigger grind but was fun before halo 5 came out and the hype train was at top speed.

Trup1aya

I just had a really satisfying game of plaza strongholds.

Mechanically, I was playing like shit. I didn't have time to do my WA warmup, so I jumped straight into arena and couldn't aim for shit.

Anyway, we started off getting dominated and quickly fell to 60-14. Then I stopped stressing over what I couldn't do (aim) and started focusing on what I COULD do; maintain solid positioning.

So I held down the soda/light rifle area, and was able to take pot shots at any stronghold at any time. I was also close enough to contest/reset any SH as needed. I had an SMG spawn near by in case a hater tried to get in my grill.

I racked up assists,secures, captures, and defense and landed at the top of the stat sheet, despite having the worst K/D and accuracy in the game. We won 100-70.

I love objective halo because anyone can contribute. Strongholds is an excellent addition to the fold. It may even be my favorite objective mode at this point.

Ramirez

I got it from finishing halo 1,2,3 and 4 in the MCC on solo legendary. An even bigger grind but was fun before halo 5 came out and the hype train was at top speed.

I had it in the beta, but got a refund on MCC after that. I guess you have to actually own it and not just have the achievements, lol. Kinda bullshit, IMO.

never bothered to learn every single spawn in the campaign because i usually give up after dying to

fall damage
random warthog splatters
flood rockets
grenades bouncing back to me
fall damage
invisible elite backsmacks
ghost splatters
marines i somehow managed to betray
fall damage

i'll take the jackal snipers anyday

singhr1

never bothered to learn every single spawn in the campaign because i usually give up after dying to

fall damage
random warthog splatters
flood rockets
fall damage
ghost splatters
fall damage

If you just want the armor, you can cheese many of the levels using speed-running tactics. Obviously there is still a bunch of fighting to do (like on The Library) but some levels have great spawn-skips that let you just walk through an empty level.

But really, fuck those rocket flood.

If you just want the armor, you can cheese many of the levels using speed-running tactics. Obviously there is still a bunch of fighting to do (like on The Library) but some levels have great spawn-skips that let you just walk through an empty level.

But really, fuck those rocket flood.

ugggh spawn skips feel dirty though. i mean i do it on Outskirts most of the time but that's because fighting on the rooftops is fun.

fall damage
random warthog splatters
flood rockets
fall damage
ghost splatters
fall damage

Zoba pls

Even if it's a friend? I never made a party on MCC

Forever alone.

joining friends in MCC usually goes like this :

"are you in the lobby? no? i'm in. can you see me in the game? no? okay gotta crash the build."

(10 tries later)

"okay we're both in here, start it up before it kicks us again"

(someone gets kicked while it's loading)

"what do you mean you're not in the game? i see you in the lob---oh, there you go. welp gotta crash again."

Top Bottom