• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Trigger

Hello Ladies~

I think that we're better off with a lynch Day 1 then no lynch. Town wins when we lynch all scum, not when individuals survive. I'd rather take the risk and be pro active.

Vote:Dusksoldier

We don't have too much to go on so early in the day, so this is mostly a prodding vote for now.

Trigger

Eep, didn't spell his name right.

Vote: Dusk Soldier

Also: the notion that we'll have more information after a night phase is false to me. Discussion creates the best leads from what the previous games have taught me.

Enker

Anyone who says they are traveling/on holiday is getting a vote from me straight away. It's too much of a stealth scum crutch honestly.

This is my usual disclaimer that due to the day end time and inability to log on at work I am almost never on for the ending rush. This week is an exception thankfully. So, I always do my final vote the night before and miss all of the revelations which make that vote look dumb.

I'll vote-prod someone for inactivity later today after there's more of a clear split between the two groups.

Voting Day 1 is a good idea to me because it establishes how people think, even if that logic leads to a doctor lynch most of the time.

Fireblend

Banned
I suppose I should say that I'm for a day 1 lynch as well. We always go through this conversation and always end up there, and it makes sense for town. If we don't, scum can just choose to night-kill someone who didn't say much D1 and deny us further information. There's literally no point to waiting for a NK before lynching and giving scum the initiative.

Vote: Euphemism

Random inactive prod. Wanna hear more from you!

I'll vote-prod someone for inactivity later today after there's more of a clear split between the two groups.
I need to do a disclaimer as well. I will likely be asleep for most hot activity times just due to time zone so please don't let that affect anyone's opinion too much. I'll be active as can be but your feelings on my activity will likely mirror mine all my day after I catch up every morning and react.

TheExodu5

Banned
Don't want to debate whether to lynch or not on D1. Learnt from my last game everyone here is a blood thirsty bunch. Those in the no lynch camp were strong-armed into voting.

Why Unmasked Ferret? He's first to post at the start of the day, appears to be pro-town. I'm wary of players like that.

Yep, I was originally anti first-day lynch, but quickly learned it wasn't an option.

Zatoth

I guess that was a joke? Sorry, jokes and the internet, you know... Just want to make sure.

Maybe...

I am in favour of going after inactive players and rude ones (looking at you Darryl).

raindoc's grumpy behaviour saved him in the Star Wars game. That will not happen again.

As for inactive ones. You don't have to post like Sorian (please don't) but posting nothing or too little is not good for the flow of the game.

ultron87

Let the Pretty Princess Prodding Program commence!

Vote: Seath

Where you at Seath?

By my count the other not posted since game starters are Euphemism, Gryvan, and AbsolutBro.

Fireblend

Banned
Come on guys, let's talk. This isn't some antisocial princess ball. I thought as princesses we were all supposed to be masters of diplomacy or something.

gryvan

So this is my second game and therefore i'm still a bit inexperienced and not knowing a lot of people except for people from the other mafia game I played with last season. So I will probably do

VOTE: No Lynch

for now since I'm still an inexperience noob. However I did notice that day one deaths from scum usually tend to lean on the more talkative/most active people in thread (*points to fireblend as example*) so I'm gonna point towards Lone_Prodigy as to why you voted for fireblend and then suddenly unvoted him out of nowhere.

I've experienced that fireblend was the most talkative and active player in the games as well as even helpful! I've played with him but at the same time he was the first one to kick the bucket on the first day so I didn't experience the full version of fireblend (sounded extremely awkward right now).

So right now I'll do no lynch but near the end of day 1 I will try to pick either an inactive person or people who I think that targetted people who shouldn't really be deserving to be targetted.

Of course that doesn't mean fireblend isn't scum but I will see what happens as the days progress

Fireblend

Banned
So this is my second game and therefore i'm still a bit inexperienced and not knowing a lot of people except for people from the other mafia game I played with last season. So I will probably do

VOTE: No Lynch

for now since I'm still an inexperience noob. However I did notice that day one deaths from scum usually tend to lean on the more talkative/most active people in thread (*points to fireblend as example*) so I'm gonna point towards Lone_Prodigy as to why you voted for fireblend and then suddenly unvoted him out of nowhere.

I've experienced that fireblend was the most talkative and active player in the games as well as even helpful! I've played with him but at the same time he was the first one to kick the bucket on the first day so I didn't experience the full version of fireblend (sounded extremely awkward right now).

So right now I'll do no lynch but near the end of day 1 I will try to pick either an inactive person or people who I think that targetted people who shouldn't really be deserving to be targetted.

Of course that doesn't mean fireblend isn't scum but I will see what happens as the days progress

I don't think it's a good idea to draw from previous game experience. It's not like I'm saying everyone has a perfect poker face (least of all me) but trusting people because of how they played previous games may be severely counter-productive without actual in-game leads to back it up. Also, I've posted 3 times so far; hardly what I'd call super talkative :p

L_P's vote-unvote thing was weird though, I agree.

Eh, my vote was a joke but having it at the top of the page is quite visible. Don't think Fireblend is scum (yet).

I agree with a Day 1 lynch. At best we hit scum. At worst we hit a PR. Either way we get information on voting patterns.

Darryl

Banned
Maybe...

I am in favour of going after inactive players and rude ones (looking at you Darryl).

raindoc's grumpy behaviour saved him in the Star Wars game. That will not happen again.

As for inactive ones. You don't have to post like Sorian (please don't) but posting nothing or too little is not good for the flow of the game.

WTF. I don't even want to hear jokes like this. I've been so cordial this game

Don't want to debate whether to lynch or not on D1. Learnt from my last game everyone here is a blood thirsty bunch. Those in the no lynch camp were strong-armed into voting.

Why Unmasked Ferret? He's first to post at the start of the day, appears to be pro-town. I'm wary of players like that.

Pretty much. It makes me suspicious of anyone wanting a No Lynch, as history would've told anyone that it wasn't going to work. It's a big non-answer to the early vote question

Darryl

Banned
Hello Ladies~

I think that we're better off with a lynch Day 1 then no lynch. Town wins when we lynch all scum, not when individuals survive. I'd rather take the risk and be pro active.

Vote:Dusksoldier

We don't have too much to go on so early in the day, so this is mostly a prodding vote for now.

If you wanted to prod someone for inactivity, why not Seath or AbsolutBro? Instead you're gunning for a player that is posting, albeit not a lot.

Fireblend

Banned
Give me the scenario in which that meant anything scummy at all

It's 2038. The world has been ravaged by the consequences of a fateful mafia game played in a previously considered harmless Internet forum known as neogaf, in which the "town" faction, known after these events culminated in societal breakdown only as "the princesses", were defeated.

Haunted by his inability to prevent the cataclysmic sequence of events that would deny him from a fulfilling life from unfolding after the game was played, Lone_Prodigy, one of the players on the scum faction, has dedicated his life to study how and why such a simple game drove the world to its current state. Driven by blind desperation and guilt, he develops a time travel machine, with which he can transfer his conscience to the start of the game. After successfully traveling to the past, he knows what he has to do. He has studied how the game unfolded for decades now. He knows the play that will save the world.

He posts. He posts again.

He breathes a sigh of relief, before his mind is transferred back to his timeline, ready to embrace the new reality he's created.

gryvan

I don't think it's a good idea to draw from previous game experience. It's not like I'm saying everyone has a perfect poker face (least of all me) but trusting people because of how they played previous games may be severely counter-productive without actual in-game leads to back it up. Also, I've posted 3 times so far; hardly what I'd call super talkative :p

L_P's vote-unvote thing was weird though, I agree.

Well it is still too early but eventually you will be active at least :p

Darryl

Banned
It's 2038. The world has been ravaged by the consequences of a fateful mafia game played in a previously considered harmless Internet forum known as neogaf, in which the "town" faction, known after these events culminated in societal breakdown only as "the princesses", were defeated.

Haunted by his inability to prevent the cataclysmic sequence of events that would deny him from a fulfilling life from unfolding after the game was played, Lone_Prodigy, one of the players on the scum faction, has dedicated his life to study how and why such a simple game drove the world to its current state. Driven by blind desperation and guilt, he develops a time travel machine, with which he can transfer his conscience to the start of the game. After successfully traveling to the past, he knows what he has to do. He has studied how the game unfolded for decades now. He knows the play that will save the world.

He posts. He posts again.

He breathes a sigh of relief, before his mind is transferred back to his timeline, ready to embrace the new reality he's created.

Very fucking funny. Let's try to narrow the pool of scummy accusations down to only legitimate claims. Your reaching is more worrisome than a change of heart on a vote

Lets get scummy ladies!

This post concerns me. The lack of a comma suggests that it is an imperative, but what a weird way to say it. If a comma is implied, then it's pro scum. I don't like to see pro scum statements.

Euphemism, are you joining the discussion after the day began? Right now you are triggering my scum alarm, and I want the noise to stop! I'd hate to see someone weave a magic spell at night after posting nothing to benefit town, if it turns out to be a scum trick we'll all feel like idiots.

Ferret with a strong start, unless something dramatic happens he shouldn't be lynched today.

It won't last long, I'll fizzle out soon and be back to defensive fluff post just like before.

I guess my vote will go to Unmasked Ferret for the crime of being trigger happy.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret

And to think I was going to invite you to the ball. No tea biscuits for you.

VOTE: AbsolutBro

Where are you? My teacup needs more vodka in it!

At least he is (was) active...

I guess my vote will go to Unmasked Ferret for the crime of being trigger happy.

VOTE: Unmasked Ferret
Did you ever play with Sorian, Cabot or *Splinter?

Pretty much. It makes me suspicious of anyone wanting a No Lynch, as history would've told anyone that it wasn't going to work. It's a big non-answer to the early vote question
That's too easy. Everyone who played a few games here or did read the previous ones knows that they don't stand a chance. Why stick their head out? It's interesting that gryvan didn't learn it during Night Vale, tough...

This post concerns me. The lack of a comma suggests that it is an imperative, but what a weird way to say it. If a comma is implied, then it's pro scum. I don't like to see pro scum statements.

Euphemism, are you joining the discussion after the day began? Right now you are triggering my scum alarm, and I want the noise to stop! I'd hate to see someone weave a magic spell at night after posting nothing to benefit town, if it turns out to be a scum trick we'll all feel like idiots.
Really? "It's pro scum"? I mean, I see how having just non-contributive fluff posts triggers your scum alarm, but this reasoning is weird, to say it conservatively.

I'm downright graceful, brimming with elegance
Even in his fury, he outshined them all with his unmatched beauty

It won't last long, I'll fizzle out soon and be back to defensive fluff post just like before.

And to think I was going to invite you to the ball. No tea biscuits for you.

tea biscuits? really?

Where I come from, tea is served with crumpets, scones, and cakes. Goodness. Next you'll be telling me you add sugar to your tea...

The game I played with Sorian, I tried to lynch him day 1 too. It's funny that you mentioned him. lol.

So you try to quiet the voices of the people, got it. Lynching Sorian day one is the goal we should all strive for, but I am not Sorian.

tea biscuits? really?

Where I come from, tea is served with crumpets, scones, and cakes. Goodness. Next you'll be telling me you add sugar to your tea...

I'm am American, the only tea I drink is Liberty.

bald-eagle.jpg

If you wanted to prod someone for inactivity, why not Seath or AbsolutBro? Instead you're gunning for a player that is posting, albeit not a lot.

I'm here! I'm generally quiet to start, but I'm here and reading!

Day 1: Totally in the 'Lynch' category. The "we'll have more information" train of thought doesn't really work well, because even if power roles DO find something (and we don't even know if/which power roles are in the game) it's not like they can come out and say "Princesses, I found something" without being murdered the next night.

Unless we have like 5 alignment cops who all manage to magically pick a separate Team-Evil player, in which case we have the most lopsided game ever.

That said, I don't quite have a lynch vote just yet. We have time though.

Day 1: Totally in the 'Lynch' category. The "we'll have more information" train of thought doesn't really work well, because even if power roles DO find something (and we don't even know if/which power roles are in the game) it's not like they can come out and say "Princesses, I found something" without being murdered the next night.

Unless we have like 5 alignment cops who all manage to magically pick a separate Team-Evil player, in which case we have the most lopsided game ever.

Yay. I totally understand being quiet but feel free to speak up since there's so little going on right now. I'm going to leave my vote on you for now, just because I don't want to change it right this moment.

Is Seath the only person who hasn't posted yet? Where are you Seath we need the sloth in the purple dress...

Thanks to the two newbies for answering my earlier questions.

Terrabyte why the vote for Enker?

If someone tomorrow says they found something, and we manage to target and lynch an "evil" person then the odds work out way better for town. I think it's worth the potential sacrifice of one townie to divulge such information - not to mention he can get doctored / swapped / magical princess powered anyways. Really not seeing the worth in lynching on first day other than seeing the excitement of course.

Either way I won't be able to stop the bloodlust... it is far too late. I can only watch in horror.

Trigger

I didn't see any posts from him when I chose him. I might have overlooked him. He's posting now though.

UNVOTE: Dusk Soldier

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't have a better target at this point, and I agree with Christina Mackenzie. In my experience so far, scum often starts off early and casting the first vote because we don't expect them to.

Vote: Unmasked Ferret

I'm no doctor, but I think it's a volitional with or without the comma.

I'm am American, the only tea I drink is Liberty.
*Claps*
Why does this sound familiar?

Really? "It's pro scum"? I mean, I see how having just non-contributive fluff posts triggers your scum alarm, but this reasoning is weird, to say it conservatively.
It's a semantic argument. If there's a comma implied in the statement "let's get scummy, ladies" then that does sound pro scum. But I said IF. Anyway I want to see her contribute - it's been over 24 hours since start, correct? I'm poking at lurkers, and I believe she's been on the greater forum.

Time travel mafia sounds fun.
On the same topic, I don't remember anything substantial that you've posted. I hope you have plenty of analysis coming our way soon.

I don't have a better target at this point, and I agree with Christina Mackenzie. In my experience so far, scum often starts off early and casting the first vote because we don't expect them to.

Vote: Unmasked Ferret

I could see that being true yeah, I do want to know where you've had that experience though. That being said someone had to be first , and I was here.

Let me ask this then, would you have voted for whoever had cast the first vote, or did I do something else that seems suspicious to you.

It's a semantic argument. If there's a comma implied in the statement "let's get scummy, ladies" then that does sound pro scum. But I said IF. Anyway I want to see her contribute - it's been over 24 hours since start, correct? I'm poking at lurkers, and I believe she's been on the greater forum.

On the same topic, I don't remember anything substantial that you've posted. I hope you have plenty of analysis coming our way soon.

Pointing out people's activity elsewhere is bad form. It doesn't mean they're purposefully avoiding this thread.

Right now we're all sharks circling the waters, waiting for the first sign of blood to pounce. Poke someone enough, and they'll bleed. But it's even better if they fall on their own sword.

When you meet this someone, who was meant for you, before two can become one, there's something you must do. Do you pull each others' tails? Do you feed each other seeds? No. There is something sweeter everybody needs: to post in this thread.

Vote: Seath

Clefargle

Never fear, I am here

Not looking to get off on the wrong foot, so I say:

Vote: no lynch

Cool heads will prevail ladies

gryvan

That's too easy. Everyone who played a few games here or did read the previous ones knows that they don't stand a chance. Why stick their head out? It's interesting that gryvan didn't learn it during Night Vale, tough...

I don't want to be dishonest :/

I just don't want to randomly point fingers.

But like I mentioned in a previous post I will probably change it near the end

Darryl

Banned
There's a lot of people voting No Lynch RIGHT off the bat. It's different if like, the day ticks down to the end and you're not confident that we've found scum yet. No Lynch is essentially a pass. Why would you want to pass when your turn isn't over? I've caught scum day 1 more often than not, the day isn't a wash already

Freakinchair
Gryvan
Euphemism

Darryl

Banned
I don't want to be dishonest :/

I just don't want to randomly point fingers.

But like I mentioned in a previous post I will probably change it near the end

Why even bother to vocalize No Lynch then if it doesn't matter at all and you are just going to change it?

Top Bottom