• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Darryl

Banned
Why even bother to vocalize No Lynch then if it doesn't matter at all and you are just going to change it?

I want a response for this from all 3 of the No Lynchers. I want to know why you want to start off the game with a No Lynch vote. You could have just not voted.

Yeah, awful lot of no lynch votes already. I tend to think a day one lynch is important because in day one the scum team are the only players with any solid information on the game at all. If they use that information to influence a vote even subtly, we have it in writing later to find and use to assist in making a case.

Yeah, awful lot of no lynch votes already. I tend to think a day one lynch is important because in day one the scum team are the only players with any solid information on the game at all. If they use that information to influence a vote even subtly, we have it in writing later to find and use to assist in making a case.

I think it's better to not allow scum to influence us so early in the game... thus meaning we only lose 1 town instead of 2. You're basically saying here that allowing scum to have the lead on us early in the game helps us win later... not sure if that's the case.

I think it's better to not allow scum to influence us so early in the game... thus meaning we only lose 1 town instead of 2. You're basically saying here that allowing scum to have the lead on us early in the game helps us win later... not sure if that's the case.

It's not just about the numbers, whenever someone dies the town gains information.

Mazre

Surprisingly little to work with this go round. As always in for the day 1 lynch. We have a limited number of opportunities in the course of play to make use of our votes, giving one up isn't a winning strategy.

Only other thing I have for the moment is a disdain for drive by votes sans explanation. I can probably guess the rationale behind Darryl's and Terrabyte's votes but would much prefer if they would state them directly.

ultron87

The key to the must lynch thing is that we can't twait for potential power roles to save us. We gotta start letting the bodies hit the floor... I mean the princesses hit the... floor(?) if we want to win.

The scum are always going to hit a town player, but every lynch has a chance of hitting scum. That chance may start pretty low but it grows as we toss votes around, discuss things and see flips. All the discussion becomes most critical when we finally do luck out and hit a scum because then we can go through days of voting and discussion to try and decipher what they were doing with full information.

gryvan

Why even bother to vocalize No Lynch then if it doesn't matter at all and you are just going to change it?

Because I don't have someone in mind atm so i might as well put something up. Unless thats against the rules?

I dunno

Like I said I'm still inexperienced with gafia and all so I still need to play a bit more games before I stop putting up no lynch signs in the future.

gryvan

The key to the must lynch thing is that we can't twait for potential power roles to save us. We gotta start letting the bodies hit the floor... I mean the princesses hit the... floor(?) if we want to win.

The scum are always going to hit a town player, but every lynch has a chance of hitting scum. That chance may start pretty low but it grows as we toss votes around, discuss things and see flips. All the discussion becomes most critical when we finally do luck out and hit a scum because then we can go through days of voting and discussion to try and decipher what they were doing with full information.

I agree with this but this is still early in the day for me.

And I will eventually change my vote on Day 1 near the last day.

gryvan

My only thought/suspicion was Lone_Prodigy pulling the vote on fireblend and immediately unvoting him the following post. Its been constantly nagging me during work too lol

Darryl

Banned
Because I don't have someone in mind atm so i might as well put something up. Unless thats against the rules?

I dunno

Like I said I'm still inexperienced with gafia and all so I still need to play a bit more games before I stop putting up no lynch signs in the future.

It just seems lazy. There's nothing exactly wrong with it. All 3 of the players who did it are new though. I just wanted your individual rationale.

Surprisingly little to work with this go round. As always in for the day 1 lynch. We have a limited number of opportunities in the course of play to make use of our votes, giving one up isn't a winning strategy.

Only other thing I have for the moment is a disdain for drive by votes sans explanation. I can probably guess the rationale behind Darryl's and Terrabyte's votes but would much prefer if they would state them directly.

I'm doubling down on the inactive pressure. I really don't like to do this and I hate when games go off on this tangent, so if we are going to do it we should at least be doing it threateningly.

Where, oh, where art thou, Princess Sloth~

1zqQ8tw.gif

dtPR6XP.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Seath (4)
ultron87 .158
Darryl .177
Septimus Prime .195
Enker .212

Unmasked Ferret (3)
Christina Mackenzie .119
Dusk Soldier .159
TheExodu5 .188

No Lynch (3)
Freakinchair .142
gryvan .161
Euphemism .196

AbsolutBro (1)
Unmasked Ferret .178

gryvan (1)
Terrabyte20xx .213

Euphemism (1)
Fireblend .154

TheExodu5 (0)
Darryl .124 .177

Zatoth (0)
Unmasked Ferret .100 .178

Dusk Soldier (0)
Trigger .152 .187

Fireblend (0)
Lone_Prodigy .101 .102

Enker (0)
Terrabyte20xx .182 .213

Terrabyte20xx (0)
TheExodu5 .121 .188
Darryl .123 .124

Royal_Flush (0)
flatearthpandas .130 .150

No active vote for Day 1:
AbsolutBro
flatearthpandas (has previously voted)
GreatCharleston
Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted)
Mazre
Royal_Flush
Rynam
Seath
Trigger (has previously voted)
weemadarthur
Zatoth

Day 1 ends:
cya_1455915600.png

13 votes for majority

I have a personal theory that a mafioso will be in the first five posters. I'll agree that Lone_Prodigy is the most suspicious of them. But...my conscience is guiding me more toward a Policy vote for inactivity.

Of course if Seath is withdrawing, there's a chance we'll hear from a replacement after a couple real life days. Both the other games had a replacement. I know Ayumi was wanting to jump in on this. Ynnny have you prodded Seath, or is it not time for that yet? I don't know the normal gafia timeframe.

I have a personal theory that a mafioso will be in the first five posters. I'll agree that Lone_Prodigy is the most suspicious of them. But...my conscience is guiding me more toward a Policy vote for inactivity.

Of course if Seath is withdrawing, there's a chance we'll hear from a replacement after a couple real life days. Both the other games had a replacement. I know Ayumi was wanting to jump in on this. Ynnny have you prodded Seath, or is it not time for that yet? I don't know the normal gafia timeframe.

the sloth has been prodded today, yes. all other princesses have now participated, otherwise.

Funny because of the first five posters since Day 1 start, 3 of them aren't even in the game.

I've noticed several experienced players being rather quite this day phase. Granted there's very little to talk about.

A good mafia team will undoubtedly have spread their members across the post count board, some high activity posters, some middling and some near the bottom.

I have my own theory about replacements but I'll save it for another day.

I don't really feel the suspicion for Lone_Prodigy. There are usually some joke votes tossed around and some people have a thing about the top of the page. I don't necessarily have town vibes from him either but the whole thing strikes me as pretty harmless.

There's other behavior I'm more concerned with right now at the very least.

Kevyt

I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss, and a prince I'm hoping comes with this~

Oh hello beautiful princesses!

I was so busy working on my home made gown~ *gasps* I'm sorry for the delay!

Oh my, you all look so lovely!!! :3

I'm on a journey my beautiful sisters, on a journey to find a true love's kiss, and a prince along with this. ;3

Uh oh,

Where, oh, where art thou, Princess Sloth~
CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Seath (4)
ultron87 .158
Darryl .177
Septimus Prime .195
Enker .212

13 votes for majority

giphy.gif

Oh my, I see some of you have already made up your mind.

Well no biggie, I have arrived at last, and I promise you that I am a beautiful princess just like all of you~ or some of you...

I will be looking at this thread religiously.

giphy.gif

I don't have much to say for now, or who to vote for. It's up in the air.

Thank you my darlings.

Though, may I ask, have you all experienced a true love's kiss? :33

Kevyt

My beautiful sisters, I am in favor for voting someone today, and at the same time, as always, to pay close attention to voting patterns.

Our good sis flatearthpandas makes a strong case:

----

Now... has anyone here seen my prince??

The first five in order of appearance were myself (Unmasked Ferret), Mazre, Lone_Prodigy, Terrabyte, and you (weemadarthur). So were you counting yourself or what? And besides the Fireblend joke vote what's so suspicious about LP? If we eliminate you and LP who would be the most suspect from the five?

I don't really feel the suspicion for Lone_Prodigy. There are usually some joke votes tossed around and some people have a thing about the top of the page. I don't necessarily have town vibes from him either but the whole thing strikes me as pretty harmless.

There's other behavior I'm more concerned with right now at the very least.

Care to share your concerns bear?

I love you so much Seath. Never change sloth.

VOTE: GreatCharleston

You've been quiet for awhile, do you have anything you would like to discuss?

Darryl

Banned
Well it's good to see everyone check in. We can start the game now.

As for the whole early posters are probably scum. I've thought that way before so I don't think you're crazy. This game had a staggered start tho so I don't think you're going to get a whole lot from that. Scum might be more organized since they'd have been talking prior to the game start, so it's likely they knew when to come in to post.

It's something to look at but we can find better leads

Darryl

Banned
4 votes already. There's prodding inactivity and then there's subtle bandwagoning.

The pace of a day leaks into other days. If you let inactivity slide for a bit, the game will be slow. That slowness helps scum. Do you want that? I'm trying to get out ahead of something harmful before it becomes an actual issue we have to worry about.

The first five in order of appearance were myself (Unmasked Ferret), Mazre, Lone_Prodigy, Terrabyte, and you (weemadarthur). So were you counting yourself or what? And besides the Fireblend joke vote what's so suspicious about LP? If we eliminate you and LP who would be the most suspect from the five?

I would be entirely suspicious if I didn't know that I'm an innocent damsel. You are as suspicious as I am; nothing you've said or done has been remotely unfriendly to town.

LP, apart from his joke, has contributed nothing. His posts are short and substanceless. So I haven't looked much at the other two, BUT I'LL BE WATCHING your posts to see if I detect any scumminess using my scumdar.

Christina, I discounted non players of course. This was described as a non bastard game or I might wonder!

Darryl, it might be nothing of course. But it's probable that there are like five scum in such a large game, yes? So I just suspect one would hide in the early morning greetings, and another in the low-post-count batch. I dunno, I've never been here before.

Seath, someday your prince will come.
[lewd]

VOTE: GreatCharleston

You've been quiet for awhile, do you have anything you would like to discuss?

A whole 12 hours+ since I posted and it's only been like... barely two pages? GAFIA ain't what it used to be that's for sure. Oh wait, you meant something else? I mean, I do agree with the sentiment for a Day 1 lynch, it's always been a good thing in the end. I don't immediately believe those against are Scum players, just a bit too pacificistic in Mafia.

I still reserve my vote until there's a land slide for the first day but I can always change my mind.

Zatoth

A whole 12 hours+ since I posted and it's only been like... barely two pages? GAFIA ain't what it used to be that's for sure.

I am actually glad about that. Easier to keep up with the game that way.

My "problem" at the moment is that I still have no one I'd have a reason to vote for. Probably will roll a die again. I found scum that way in the Star Wars game. So I may trust in the magic of the die again.

*dodges lynches and flying knives*

"Refreshments are served!"

36HFjXk.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

No Lynch (3)
Freakinchair .142
gryvan .161
Euphemism .196

Seath (3)
ultron87 .158
Darryl .177 .228
Septimus Prime .195
Enker .212

Unmasked Ferret (3)
Christina Mackenzie .119
Dusk Soldier .159
TheExodu5 .188

gryvan (2)
Terrabyte20xx .213
Darryl .228

Euphemism (1)
Fireblend .154

GreatCharleston (1)
Unmasked Ferret .225

TheExodu5 (0)
Darryl .124 .177

Enker (0)
Terrabyte20xx .182 .213

Dusk Soldier (0)
Trigger .152 .187

Fireblend (0)
Lone_Prodigy .101 .102

AbsolutBro (0)
Unmasked Ferret .178 .225

Terrabyte20xx (0)
TheExodu5 .121 .188
Darryl .123 .124

Royal_Flush (0)
flatearthpandas .130 .150

Zatoth (0)
Unmasked Ferret .100 .178

No active vote for Day 1:
AbsolutBro
flatearthpandas (has previously voted)
GreatCharleston
Lone_Prodigy (has previously voted)
Mazre
Royal_Flush
Rynam
Seath
Trigger (has previously voted)
weemadarthur
Zatoth

Day 1 ends:
cya_1455915600.png

13 votes for majority

vote: absolutbro

For having one single post halfway through d1. Feels like his behavior in star wars, which is the only game I've ever read. XD

Trigger

So much suspicion of each other, but is there anyone people think is town? The poor sloth princess Seath doesn't exactly strike me as scummy for one. I think he's become an easy target.

Vote: Septimus Prime

I think you're one of the people taking the easy road. Any thoughts on the other players besides Seath?

Enker

The poor sloth princess Seath doesn't exactly strike me as scummy for one.

Not right now, no. I'm assuming all of his votes to date were activity prodding although I can only speak for myself. Darryl took his vote off him, and now so will I. It's the right thing for a Member of Royalty to do.

Unvote: Seath

The people giving me a slightly more town than not vibe are
Flatearthpanda
Ferret
Trigger
Freakinchair
Christina
Gryvan

Too many people have no commentary to get a read on
Terra
Exodus
Charleston
Rynam
Seath
Etc

I'm not suggesting everyone else is scummy. It's a disorganized thought summary. I've got twenty people to think about, and my mind can only hold seven things at once.

ultron87

I'm satisfied that Seath has checked in. The taking on of a particular named character does concern me a little bit, but not enough to justify leaving my vote there, currently.

Unvote

Trigger

Not right now, no. I'm assuming all of his votes to date were activity prodding although I can only speak for myself. Darryl took his vote off him, and now so will I. It's the right thing for a Member of Royalty to do.

Unvote: Seath

I can understand that. Multiple prods on one person just seemed a bit excessive. After 2 votes I'm not sure how much more effective a prod can be.

Enker

Yes - town gains information. Like we just killed the doctor... information acquired = "We're fucked"

In a certain other game TWO doctors died and Town still won. Good Town play (and some luck) can overcome a lot.

The fact that we haven't gone down the tunnel of love with role claims already is a good sign.

Yes - town gains information. Like we just killed the doctor... information acquired = "We're fucked"

You have to think a little further outside of the box then that.

For one, it's not going to be a unanimous vote. So that "we" killed the doctor, can easily become, "who" killed the doctor.

Once you know "who" killed the doctor, you can then start to look at the why for how each individual princess voted, and so on and so forth.

To lift an autumn hair is no sign of great strength; to see the sun and moon is no sign of sharp sight; to hear the noise of thunder is no sign of a quick ear.

VOTE: Darryl

TheExodu5

Banned
I could see that being true yeah, I do want to know where you've had that experience though. That being said someone had to be first , and I was here.

Let me ask this then, would you have voted for whoever had cast the first vote, or did I do something else that seems suspicious to you.

Honestly, it was a weak vote, as I had not much else to go on. You haven't said anything since that would make me suspect you.

Unvote:Unmasked Ferret

TheExodu5

Banned
Actually, Darryl is voting intelligently with his last vote. Maybe not on my scum list after all. Biggest scum vibe is weemadarthur. I'm sticking with my instinct on this one.

Vote: weemadarthur

Actually, Darryl is voting intelligently with his last vote. Maybe not on my scum list after all. Biggest scum vibe is weemadarthur. I'm sticking with my instinct on this one.

Vote: weemadarthur

:(
Am not scum.

I'd defend myself if you made any actual arguments. :( How can I make a fan out of you?

vote: absolutbro

For having one single post halfway through d1. Feels like his behavior in star wars, which is the only game I've ever read. XD

Well at least you read the (imo) best game. :p

I'm here but I don't really have anything to go by yet. There are a few people I see as unusually aggressive for D1, but then again that's almost certainly more a play style difference than a #scumtell. That said, we should be careful we're not actively making the game less fun for other people.

Top Bottom