• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

I'm gonna let Blarg/Kawl answer that, but I'll offer the following hypothetical:

If two Trackers in a vacuum of information aimed at each other, their results would lead them to believe that each other had a power role of some kind. Nothing more specific than that.

Not sure where you're getting at...

Burbeting

Banned
el topo & giant panda (1)
cabot
cabot

launchpadmcq & gorlak (2)
giant panda
ultrajay
coppanuva

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
cabot

timeaisis & fluxwavez (3)
gorlak
coppanuva
camjo-z
blargonaut

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac

*splinter & cabot (1)
launchpadmcq

blargonaut & kawl_usc (7)
karkador
zippedpinhead
flame_ac
hyperactivity
*splinter
batsnacks
timeaisis

sophia & ty4on (1)
fluxwavez

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
dusk soldier

15 Voted Needed for Majority

Karkador

Banned
Not sure where you're getting at...

It's meant as a baseline for people to understand how Trackers tracking each other looks like.

If Blarg and I didn't claim anything on D1 about our roles, we would Track each other on N1, and could not reasonably assume anything more than "the other person has a role and targeted us."

However, Blarg DID claim Tracker, which puts my result into focus. However, from Blawl's POV, I still looked like "just a role".

Coppanuva

This vote is typoed, btw. The scripts remove it, but I'm adding it in manually atm, but I hope you revote, Time.

FWIW I believe R_F's script will re-check the entire thread each time it's run. So if you're ok with us editing a post to fix a typo, that may be an option. You can check with him just to be sure if you want too (in case it changed).

Kawl_USC

Guys, guys lets not be hasty. I think there are a couple possible explanations for what's going on here.

Vote: Blargonuat

I've got a couple questions for you, Blawl. Either of you can answer.

1) According to you, who did you check last night? Kark says you check him? Is that true? If so, why did you choose Kark/Zipped? It seems like you roundabout confirmed that in this post, but I want to hear it straight.
2) Why append "Miller" to your role claim right after a role-cop claim? Unless you were fairly sure we weren't rolecops (which turned out to be true). Seems like an odd play that would obviously stir up suspicion, seeing as a miller and rolecop in the same game is weird. Did you just think we were lying? If so, why?

This is interesting. For context, this is after my big reveal but before Kark's. At this point, according to Kark, they know that they visited Kark and Kark visited them. Kawl admits that whoever visited them should know the truth, that they are indeed trackers. But how do they know that? Anyone could've visited them with any power. This seems to confirm that whatever happened last night, they realized they were both trackers, but Blawl witheld that. Sounds like that's confirmation they are both certainly trackers, and Kark is telling the truth.

So, it's likely we've got one of the following.
1) A Miller Tracker and a regular tracker (both town)
2) A Miller Tracker and a scum tracker (that would be...weird)
3) A Scum Tracker and a regular tracker

1) yea, the trackers tracked the trackers tracking the trackers who tracked them. (Assuming the Kark is telling the truth about them being trackers. Having some other role, knowing that they visited me and Blarg and putting together a tracker claim isn't completely out of the realm of possibility. Runs the risk of multiple people having visited us and outing themselves though, so I lean towards believing they are trackers as well.) Kark and Zipped were the biggest antagonist of me and Blargs claims yesterday. They were at points both difficult and obtuse. We knew we needed to have something to show for our claim or we would be in deep trouble, figured from some of the strength of their reactions that maybe they were a PR themselves.
2) if anything the tracker claim was appended to the miller claim, not vice versa. We have put forth our logic on why we claimed and regardless of your claim we were going to claim as I do believe it's the most pro town move for a miller to do. I don't play meta game dectetive and try to figure out what the game runners would and would not include. I only know the role I've been given and try to make the best plays with that information.
3) Negative, mi amigo. All I knew at that point for sure is that there was a role that visited me and Blarg. I didn't (and still don't) know for sure that they are trackers as they claim. And I was saying that the pair that visited us should know the truth because we knew for a fact someone visited us. Hard for us to know that if we weren't trackers (although it would have been a halfway decent guess given our d1 claim).

I think the fourth option of KarkHead not being a tracker needs to be considered as well.

Coppanuva

Thank you!

Yes, I'm reading through Day One as we speak. There's so much information to get caught up on, but once I'm fully up to date I'll try to give a summary of my thoughts on the game.

VOTE: Flame_AC

I look forward to your insight (especially since you're fresh eyes). I also look forward to your reasoning on that vote when you're caught up.

Kyanrute

...Why are you people so insistent on outlining exactly who you want to lynch next? This does absolutely NOTHING to help town. All this does is outline to scum who NOT to target because town is going to do it for them. I'm all for saying you're suspicious of someone, but claiming "WE NEED TO LYNCH THEM SPECIFICALLY SOON!" is a terrible stance to take, especially if you're advocating it for the next day not today specifically.

Why are we outlining the possbile lynch targets? Ain't that the whole point of the game? We win the game by killing the scum. You can't be serious when you say that thanks to my and bat's posts, scum will now somehow think to avoid Fluxaisis; I think they decided on that on minute six of this game. Like Camjo has said, Fluxaisis will continue to be the thorn in our side up until the moment they are confirmed either through a trustworthy role or a kill. You complain about generalities while ignoring the specifics. Why so fluffy?

Karkador

Banned
This is a bit of a crazy idea that just hit me, but we could alternatively leave Blarg alone for now, and see what happens N2. Does one of us die? What new result can we get from a Tracker role? Maybe we let Blarg prove himself with another tracking result.

Just an idea, as I do believe we've possibly uncovered another fish to fry.

cabot

...Why are you people so insistent on outlining exactly who you want to lynch next? This does absolutely NOTHING to help town. All this does is outline to scum who NOT to target because town is going to do it for them. I'm all for saying you're suspicious of someone, but claiming "WE NEED TO LYNCH THEM SPECIFICALLY SOON!" is a terrible stance to take, especially if you're advocating it for the next day not today specifically.

I'm not really sure why this is an issue.

It's also ultimately pointless because the game isnt static. It will change as we see behaviours and night actions.

Players letting each other know how they think is very important to all of town.

*Splinter

This is a bit of a crazy idea that just hit me, but we could alternatively leave Blarg alone for now, and see what happens N2. Does one of us die? What new result can we get from a Tracker role? Maybe we let Blarg prove himself with another tracking result.

Just an idea, as I do believe we've possibly uncovered another fish to fry.
What's the benefit here? If we have two trackers it seems way more likely they are on opposite teams, so if you're a town tracker this should be a slam dunk case for you? Yet now you're suggesting we give them another night to fish for town PRs because... ?

Ok, so here is my thoughts on what I think have been the major events this game so far:

i. Flux's roleclaim

I absolutely think he made a fake claim. This is a bit of a meta-analysis, but I've noticed on the Gafia games I've played that late-day, people are very open to being talked out of their initial votes leading to late-day vote piles ups in the final hours of the day. He probably gambled that being the early-day easy vote would mean that most people would be looking elsewhere to place their late-day votes.

It also made him an obvious target for night actions, so he may have been gambling on being protected by the doctor.

ii. Blarg/Kawl aka the Millers

The setup of the game has already made us in to defacto miller teams. So I highly doubt their is a team of miller couples floating around. That kind of voting block would break the game for scum.

Also a LOT of fluff posts from Blarg. That's normal for him though isn't it?

iii. NF/Tim

These two posted very little, and were flying almost completely under the radar until the trio of Flux/Launchpad/Blarg suddenly decided to target them. Hours before the end of the day.

iv. No night kill

Some people have speculated that their are potential some more immunity roles. But I think the most likely thing that happened was a doctor role protected someone from the night kill.

I'm sure there's some other major stuff I missed. But yeah, my thoughts for now.

FluxWaveZ

Don't you start

Kark is X-shot

Oh, is he? Must have missed that. This is how needing to catch up feels...

But...

Don't agree. One side having two trackers seems farfetched. I can easily see trackers being on both sides though.

The Miller-tracker combination was always a little confusing, with the evidence available to me.

Unfortunately, due to the Miller claim, Blawl will take precedence over Kark, who I mostly town read up until now.

I think this is a dangerous assumption. I don't think we should be locked into the idea that they're on opposite ends. What if one of the tracker teams flips Town? Do we immediately decide to lynch the other with the assumption that they're scum? What if they're Town too? Seems risky.

*Splinter

Oh, is he? Must have missed that. This is how needing to catch up feels...

But...

I think this is a dangerous assumption. I don't think we should be locked into the idea that they're on opposite ends. What if one of the tracker teams flips Town? Do we immediately decide to lynch the other with the assumption that they're scum? What if they're Town too? Seems risky.
Yes, it's pretty bad game design to set up an inevitable chain of mislynches. I have faith in Burb not to do something so silly

@Dusk I think you are confusing millers and masons.

Miller is a town aligned role that appears as scum when investigated by a cop

Yeah I guess come to think of it, I've never heard of the miller role, and just assumed he meant masons.

I guess you can disregard my thoughts on that claim.

FluxWaveZ

Two people claiming the same (powerful) role in a 15 player game? If you can't lynch from that you might as well RNG the entire game

It's definitely something that seems awry, but what I'm saying is that we shouldn't jump to conclusions that one of them is necessarily scum. Just... consider other possibilities.

Karkador

Banned
Yes, it's pretty bad game design to set up an inevitable chain of mislynches. I have faith in Burb not to do something so silly

If Blarg and I are on the same team, it is shit game design and our claim today was pretty much scripted by the gamerunner.

What's the benefit here? If we have two trackers it seems way more likely they are on opposite teams, so if you're a town tracker this should be a slam dunk case for you? Yet now you're suggesting we give them another night to fish for town PRs because... ?

Obviously, I agree that two trackers here really seem like they're on opposite sides, and I'm definitely not trying to dissuade people from taking action. I'm just thinking, IF it came to us not lynching either my team or Blarg's, there will still be something to glean from our N2 involvement.

cabot

HoboTy

t9lkgsi.gif

cabot

VOTE: Hobohodo

Boys from the Dwarf.

Now give me all your thoughts and feelings, deep personal issues and allergies.

So, I want to throw our a hypothetical.

Blarg seems very likely to be scum. I see the writing on the wall. I don't mean to save him; I think he has to go.

However, what if he flips town? Do we automatically go back to tear down Karkador's home? I have a very bad feeling that Blarg is town. I still think we need to test it, but I believe he is town. I just don't want to come back and go after Kark after, because I also believe he is town. I thought he was town before he had a strong contradictory claim.

Karu

It's definitely something that seems awry, but what I'm saying is that we shouldn't jump to conclusions that one of them is necessarily scum. Just... consider other possibilities.
I woud agree with you generally speaking, but then... the other possibilities have to be great, because killing one town tracker instantly moves my Vote to the other - which is a sensible move in my opinion considering the circumstances. You can play the "But what if...!"-game only so long. The one thing we shouldn't do is turbo anyone - which is possibly what you are trying to say, admittedly.

Karkador

Banned
So, I want to throw our a hypothetical.

Blarg seems very likely to be scum. I see the writing on the wall. I don't mean to save him; I think he has to go.

However, what if he flips town? Do we automatically go back to tear down Karkador's home? I have a very bad feeling that Blarg is town. I still think we need to test it, but I believe he is town. I just don't want to come back and go after Kark after, because I also believe he is town. I thought he was town before he had a strong contradictory claim.

If Blarg gets voted out today, we'll go to N2. If we die there, you'll see we weren't bullshitting you - and Mafia will be the one confirming us. If they let us live, we might have another result to share....I did say we were X-shot, but I deliberately left out how many uses we have left.

How much could it be worth to Mafia to get rid of us on N2?

Karkador

Banned
Just as well, we could also get voted out today. I'm not sure if it really matters either way. In the case that we get lynched today, I want to also talk about other leads I'm following.

El Topo

The problem I have with Blarg being scum is that...his original role claim seems downright insane if he is scum (but Flux is not).

Karkador

Banned
The problem I have with Blarg being scum is that...his original role claim seems downright insane if he is scum (but Flux is not).

I don't think they were expecting to run into another Tracker.

You also have to wonder what ~1 week of pre-planning before the game does for a Blarg-style gambit.

Just as well, we could also get voted out today. I'm not sure if it really matters either way. In the case that we get lynched today, I want to also talk about other leads I'm following.

We are actually discussing this theory in our couple chat. We both picked up on another team (the same team independent of each other's doing some scummy stuff. If we survive today we are developing a plan of tracking for tomorrow.

cabot

Can you tell me why you chose The Best Exotic Marigold Oldie Shaggers?

I read town on Kark myself, and looking at your posts, Kawl had him as town whereas Blarg....posts twice being a bit more suspicious.

Kawl especially has a lot of nulls and suspicious reads in his list, but to choose a town lean seems....odd?

Kingkitty and Hyperactivity-Suspicious. Way lower activity from Hyper than I would have expected. KK had been mostly quiet is a bit more present now but posts still leave me feeling meh.

Karkador and Zippedpinhead- slight town. Zipped has some weird stuff like asking for a hint at me and Blargs couple name and Karkadors been an argumentative jerk to me, in addition to that night action order weird deal. However, his brusque nature leads me to feel that he's more likely town than Zippeds weirdness makes me think other wise.

Timeasis and FluxWaveZ - null for now. Dependent on whether they show that they claim had weight behind it. Others may feel different but I still want them to check me and Blarg for verification of their claim. No resolution come day 2 and I'll probably be pushing a vote for them unless a scummier target comes up.

LaunchpadMcQ and Gorlak- null. Launch has been somewhat defensive I guess, but he's also been more active in the past day or so which I like. Gorlak always gets under my skin a bit in these games and always confounds me being able to read him, so overall null.

Blargonaut and Kawl_USC - would expect nothing less from Blarg. Yea sure miller claim early is pro town, but at least it showed some initiative and pizzazz. My top town. (In all seriousness, I understand reticence regarding our claim. It's how miller works. Like I said karks aggression makes me like him for town. Think scum more likely to have a lukewarm reaction to it.)

The rest to come.

n7XY6JB.gif

Look, Kark, the subtle means by which you defame us by continually repeating the tactics revolving around facing an early Miller introduction and subsequent natural suspicion resultant, is a hella cheap trick of a lynch push. Because that's what you are. Doing.

This is what we got, and we served it to you. I won't apologize for it being concurrent with the whole Timeflux debacle. Kawl, agree with me

And, you know what; honestly, I don't give a damn if Team Timeflux chooses to peek at us Tonight or not. If we benefit or not, whatevs, and vice versa. That public pre-empting shit's extra to OUR OG Miller claim; they may have been first, but we were First. I mean, do you honestly believe that Kawl and I based OUR flawless tandem debut on their flaccid, uncoordinated entrance? pls

So, like, if you're really feeling that way about us, Kark, then go drop that red already and build your policy traction after the fact. Stop circle-strafing and get to it.

Do it, Kark.

I want you to do it

Or start coming up with more plans on how to use us, because I'm lazy

You gonna trademark dat

Do you even know how to pro-Town Miller? You a Name-Cop? Stop pretending to do other people's jobs

Look, brah, I get it, so just step up already

or step out

k

Kawl, do something

TL21xx

Banned
That's a good thought cabot.

Anyways folks, going off of what we've had for the past day, I'll go ahead and leave my vote here for the time being. It really feels like we're in a bit of a tough situation where the only way we're gonna make headway is from getting some clearer reads. As it stands right now, I am really not liking Flux's role claim, and Kark's calling out of Blawl is making it hard for me to decide between the two. I'll stick by my boat buddy for now. I just want it on record that I can go either way at the moment.

Vote: FluxWaveZ

Gorlak

Banned
I'm lost :( ...

One of Blawl and Karkhead has to go. I'm still upset about Flux, but Splinter has a point about that no kill night, even though we can't attribute it directly to that awful claim. And we still can't say anything about Flux' alignment.

Old perverts vs. Best friends
Who is more likely to be loveless?

Vote: Karkador

I'm with Blarg on this one. Scum tried to kill Blawl and were seen. Knowing they'll be revealed, they took the active approach and counterclaimed to get rid of the tracker.

If I'm wrong and I'm very well aware of the possibility, we'll have to go after Blawl next.

---
Coppa, that theory of mine was just that a theory, note that Kark came up with the same shit later. It would be nice if it worked that way, but it's never going to happen.

Hobohodo

Okay gonna take some time to get caught up, if anyone has a summary that would be great. Should be able to read through a chunk of the thread tomorrow during my frees however.

Ty4on

I'm with Blarg on this one. Scum tried to kill Blawl and were seen. Knowing they'll be revealed, they took the active approach and counterclaimed to get rid of the tracker.

My issue with this is the high chance of there being a doctor saving Blawl. In this scenario Karkhead had no idea Blawl targeted them and had to guess that he targeted them. Kark brought up a good point showing the lack of suspicion thrown at Kark from Blawl.

I'm not yet sold on lynching one of them. I just don't feel I have a grasp on the whole thing and have been too lazy to read up on them in detail.

Camjo-Z

I'm lost :( ...

One of Blawl and Karkhead has to go. I'm still upset about Flux, but Splinter has a point about that no kill night, even though we can't attribute it directly to that awful claim. And we still can't say anything about Flux' alignment.

Old perverts vs. Best friends
Who is more likely to be loveless?

Vote: Karkador

Why would maf try to kill miller N1 though? Even with Tracker powers, that seems like the type of claim you might want to keep alive for a while due to the suspicion it arises. Also, Blarg didn't even say who they tracked, so maf could easily kill them tonight before they can say anything. There's no need to counterclaim. If Kark is maf, he'd just be trading himself for one townie. Is that a trade they'd be willing to make so early in the game?

*Splinter

The problem here is that Kark wouldn't know that Blarg targeted them... unless Kark just so happens to be the scum tracker. It's all just a bit too convenient.

Kawl_USC

Can you tell me why you chose The Best Exotic Marigold Oldie Shaggers?

I read town on Kark myself, and looking at your posts, Kawl had him as town whereas Blarg....posts twice being a bit more suspicious.

Kawl especially has a lot of nulls and suspicious reads in his list, but to choose a town lean seems....odd?

Like We've said already part of the reasoning for selecting them was due to the fact that they seemed to be working with more information than some others in the thread. They were very vocally against both claims and their weird night action order dealio was strange. I thought it was a toss up of them being town PR or scum but wasn't sure either way (and still remain unsure of their alignment).

We felt they were one of the teams most likely to have a night action helping us verify our claim. That was the second priority of our night action as we knew if we came up empty things looked bleak for me and Blarg, which could possibly lead to another town pr lynch for the second day in a row contingent on how the other claim from day 1 panned out.

Top Bottom