• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

I meant to make a longer post this evening, but not much to say-- it feels like things have gone around in circles.

I still don't think Seath is mafia, though whether he's neutral or town I don't know. But his attempt to start a vote against ultron is ridiculous. Ultron's name claim was a reasonable response to Seath's blatant hinting.

I'm glad Terrabyte and Septimus answered my question about their kill last night, so I'll take my vote off Terrabyte for now (think I spelled his name wrong in the first place, anyway. Not great on mobile).

unvote

That said, I don't think their reasoning for choosing flatearthpandas made sense. It's easy to say that in hindsight, though, and it makes sense they would want to try to get a scum if they thought they were about to be killed.

I'm far from reassured by the hinting that there is more than one shot. I guess it makes sense for them not to confirm/deny this, but I don't want someone out there killing on shaking reasoning in the name of helping the town. If there are further shots, I think the vigilantes should follow the town consensus in using them.

Weemadarthur's posts have been making more sense to me today. Though I still often disagree with him (eg on his believing people were mafia because they thought mafia killed flatearthpanda, makes no sense), I am more convinced that he's not mafia.

I honestly don't know where to go from here. I don't want to kill Seath because it doesn't make any sense for him to be in the mafia. Though I'm still a little suspicious of the sisters, I don't want to risk two town deaths by killing them. I'm intending to wait and see how things develop before voting again. Hopefully things will become clearer.

Kevyt

It's just a way of publicly hinting about or revealing information, that you know something. Etc.

In my times we called that bait.

Kids these days.

"Breadcrumbing" pffft. Whats next? "Pastagrating"?

"Are you pastagrating me!?"

Darryl

Banned
In my times we called that bait.

Kids these days.

"Breadcrumbing" pffft. Whats next? "Pastagrating"?

"Are you pastagrating me!?"

Breadcrumbing can be positive, too, tho. Sometimes you want someone to know something. Maybe you want to say something to use as evidence later. It's not the same as bait. Bait is a trap.

Darryl

Banned
I meant to make a longer post this evening, but not much to say-- it feels like things have gone around in circles.

I still don't think Seath is mafia, though whether he's neutral or town I don't know. But his attempt to start a vote against ultron is ridiculous. Ultron's name claim was a reasonable response to Seath's blatant hinting.

I'm glad Terrabyte and Septimus answered my question about their kill last night, so I'll take my vote off Terrabyte for now (think I spelled his name wrong in the first place, anyway. Not great on mobile).

unvote

That said, I don't think their reasoning for choosing flatearthpandas made sense. It's easy to say that in hindsight, though, and it makes sense they would want to try to get a scum if they thought they were about to be killed.

I'm far from reassured by the hinting that there is more than one shot. I guess it makes sense for them not to confirm/deny this, but I don't want someone out there killing on shaking reasoning in the name of helping the town. If there are further shots, I think the vigilantes should follow the town consensus in using them.

Weemadarthur's posts have been making more sense to me today. Though I still often disagree with him (eg on his believing people were mafia because they thought mafia killed flatearthpanda, makes no sense), I am more convinced that he's not mafia.

I honestly don't know where to go from here. I don't want to kill Seath because it doesn't make any sense for him to be in the mafia. Though I'm still a little suspicious of the sisters, I don't want to risk two town deaths by killing them. I'm intending to wait and see how things develop before voting again. Hopefully things will become clearer.

I disagree with weemad too, but I think it could just be meta differences. He was super scummy at first but now that he's stopped tunneling for stupid reasons he's been more helpful

Darryl

Banned
My short list right now is Enker, Seath, Zatoth, and Euphemism.

Zatoth in particular isn't posting anywhere near what I'd expect them. Euphemism comes off as scum who has no idea what she's doing. Same as Enker.

Darryl

Banned
I re-read the Enker posts and he does look like he's trying actually, alongside the other middling posts like Zatoth, Fireblend, AbsoluteBro, Septimus, Gryvan.

Vote: Euphemism

Reminds me of Stackpoleh from that one game. Just being completely overlooked.

I agree with Darryl's last post. Although I think AB has been posting some good content.

Hey, could you please tell me what tunneling means? And...and anyway...maybe my reasons aren't stupid. They make perfect sense inside my head.

I agree with Darryl's last post. Although I think AB has been posting some good content.

Hey, could you please tell me what tunneling means? And...and anyway...maybe my reasons aren't stupid. They make perfect sense inside my head.

Like tunnel vision, just focusing on one player or thing. That's my understanding anyway.

I'm working on you list just give me some time.

I was thinking of giving her another day or so but since it's being brought up.

VOTE: Euphemism

You've said very little since start of the game. When you do post, there's very little content or reasoning behind it. Why Seath today? What arguments said convinced you? What do you think he's hiding?

Also any thoughts on the lovers?

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Seath (3)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575
Septimus Prime .618 .660

Euphemism (2)
Darryl .661
Christina Mackenzie .664

GreatCharleston (1)
Trigger .570

Zatoth (1)
weemadarthur .584

gryvan (1)
Lone_Prodigy .586

Enker (1)
Darryl .656 .661
Septimus Prime .660

ultron87 (1)
Seath .624

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

No active vote for Day 2:
AbsolutBro
Enker
Fireblend
GreatCharleston
gryvan
Mazre
Royal_Flush
StackpoleH (has previously voted)
Terrabyte20xx
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
Zatoth

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

Darryl

Banned

It's when you just focus on one player. You accused me of being a godfather, twice now. Even on day 1. That's so stupid I can't put words to it. Only the purest of fixation can produce shit like that.

I will post mine after I see the rest. I've been posting various reads all along. I want to hear from those who have skipped out on sharing original opinions, which by the way, includes You. You do keep the conversation moving and ask good questions, but I want to know your thoughts.

I'm not really great with reads and tend to change my opinion with every post so I wasn't really planning on posting a list so early in the game, and when I did just type up a list (which I can post later if you want) it ended up being silly and useless. There are a lot of people who I can barely remember actually being in the game (Mazre you have to teach me how you do this).

town feeling:

weemadarthur - Sometimes seems to be grasping at straws, but is making an attempt to get things done, has some good ideas when not tunneling.
AbsolutBro - Is really insightful and has a lot of good stuff to say, clearly reads what people post and actually thinks things over.
Christina Mackenzie - Post good ideas and is also trying to get things done when present.
Fireblend - Makes what I feel are pro-town post, If he survive tonight I will be shocked and will invite him to celebrate breaking his curse (drinks on me), or cursing the rest of us (Fireblend will buy drinks).
Darryl - Darryl is like an abbraisive sandpaper, sanding away the scum to show the shiny town underneath. Insightful and tries to keep things moving. Is teaching us new princesses much.

You could probably add Royal_Flush to that list but I always gut read him as scum. I did in the heist spectator chat, and I do now. I have no idea why, since I generally agree with what he post.

The Lovers (incest sisters) and Ultron (deep crow) Giselle are also currently on this list.

less town feeling:

Freakinchair - . Currently waiting for their response to current Seath situation. Got oddly defensive (well maybe not defensive, hostile maybe?) to Royal Flush in response to a question that wasn't even directed at them (maybe it was actually. was it RF?). Also never answered my questions.
Lone_Prodigy - I'm not saying he intentionally tried to bait the x-shot amount earlier, but I would carefully consider it for about two seconds. Otherwise they haven't done anything to set off red flags or green flags. Seriously this is the one thing that stuck in my mind and it's probably nothing.
TheExodu5 - The thing with Enker is odd, I don't really feel like Exodu5 is scum but they are closer to that than most other posters at the moment.

Euphenism - Of all the quiet skate by posters, her post are the least noteworthy. She voted No Lynch day one but then never really participated in what little conversation there was, said that she would change her vote if anyone gave a convincing argument but then disappeared until the clock ran out; just to post a "see I told you, I knew we should have not lynched" type comment. Pretty quickly came out with the Seath vote today just saying that others convinced her, and then pretty much disappeared again.

There are a few others but they are mostly gut feels and not worth posting. Everyone else is mostly null reads.

Isn't it heartwarming to see that Darryl has accepted weemad after calling them scum before? So cute.

unvote

Well maybe you won't mind answering some questions in the mean time.

Between those who have votes on them who stands out the most (except Seath don't mind the sloth for now)? You can use this vote count or any that comes after.

Of those who have currently voted who stands out the most, what do you think of their reasonings?

It's when you just focus on one player. You accused me of being a godfather, twice now. Even on day 1. That's so stupid I can't put words to it. Only the purest of fixation can produce shit like that.

Do you actually intend this sort of posting to be a boon to the Gafia community? Or are you satisfied to have it disappear by attrition?

Darryl

Banned
Do you actually intend this sort of posting to be a boon to the Gafia community? Or are you satisfied to have it disappear by attrition?

I'm just trying to have a great game. That's why I stay active and call out bad behavior, and I try to be as effective as needed. Your posting suggests that you're incredibly anal, and I know that with people like that you need to be overly sharp to get the point across. This isn't a game about making friends. This is a game about lying and deceit. If you try to make friends with everyone in this game, you lose. And if you can't even lose good, no one is going to give a fuck about whether there is a community or not.

Trigger

Aww I feel off your list :(

So from your town/scum list from D1 Absolutbro was on the scum part, and today Absolut is also on the list of outer edge posters you find suspcious. Is there anything in particular standing out about him or is it still just his lack of presence? Also of the four you listed earlier who do you currently feel is the most likely to be scum trying to skate by?

Slight sleep deprivation causes some oversight. It's not a lack of effort on your part, just a lack of focus. We still have quite a few people in the game.

AbsolutBro- If he is scum he's playing a great game. He's not really on anyone's radar and hasn't really been under much pressure. I think players like him are the ones to watch.

Scum skating by- Mazre is the highest on the list. Seath got a lot of flack for their posting, but Mazre has been even quieter. I don't have much of read on them, but I do feel like he's following the game and purposely being quiet. .

Clefargle

Speaking of people who have posted more than one princess pic after the game started and aren’t the moderator :)

I'm not breadcrumbing dear, I just love Ariel. If I was hinting at my princess role it would look/sound a lot different because it's another princess.

Zatoth

I'm not blaming you for not participating in the last few hours. I'm blaming you for contributing nothing while you were around and still not contributing any new thoughts. I'm blaming you for voting the easy target (he was that even before "the last hours") and today saying you are vary of people who voted the easy target.

Can't argue about me contributing little. But the game runs at a low pace. I don't think I am the only one who has to participate more.

I also get the irony that I am quite inactive although I suggested to vote for inactive player. I'll try to do better.

As for being vary of people that vote for the "easy" target. That's not what I was saying. At least not what I meant by it.

I just wanted to say that the easy target often ended up being town in my previous games. Especially during the early phase of the game. So I am reluctant when it comes to cast a vote early.

During day 1 Seath's roleplaying/hinting at being Giselle (which they supposedly did not even have in mind) stood out to me. Did not notice much when it came to other players. So I went with Seath.

Zatoth

As for Seath.

My guess at the moment, assuming that Ultron's claim of being Giselle is true, is that Seath is either Town or Neutral.

Doubt they are Mafia. After day 1 ended it should have been pretty clear that every player received a character with their role pm.

Based on that we can assume that Mafia received a list of characters which are safe to claim.

So why would Seath hint at being Giselle (I know they say that they didn't, but it sure looked like it) if that name surely is not on that list (unless Ultron is lying)?

As for Seath.

My guess at the moment, assuming that Ultron's claim of being Giselle is true, is that Seath is either Town or Neutral.

Doubt they are Mafia. After day 1 ended it should have been pretty clear that every player received a character with their role pm.

Based on that we can assume that Mafia received a list of characters which are safe to claim.

So why would Seath hint at being Giselle (I know they say that they didn't, but it sure looked like it) if that name surely is not on that list (unless Ultron is lying)?

It's unlikely ultron87 would be lying, there's nothing to gain.

"A" claims Giselle but "B" counter-claims. We would then lynch "A" to test "B"'s claim. If "B" is lying then it would be an automatic lynch the next day.

Other Seath, does anyone else look suspicious to you thus far?

Kevyt

I guess I do believe ultron87...

unvote: ultron87

Can't argue about me contributing little. But the game runs at a low pace. I don't think I am the only one who has to participate more.

I also get the irony that I am quite inactive although I suggested to vote for inactive player. I'll try to do better.

As for being vary of people that vote for the "easy" target. That's not what I was saying. At least not what I meant by it.

I just wanted to say that the easy target often ended up being town in my previous games. Especially during the early phase of the game. So I am reluctant when it comes to cast a vote early.

During day 1 Seath's roleplaying/hinting at being Giselle (which they supposedly did not even have in mind) stood out to me. Did not notice much when it came to other players. So I went with Seath.

Omg, okay I'll tell you why.

Giselle is my favorite Disney Princess ever, with enchanted being one of my favorite Disney films ever. When this game for announced, the first thing I thought was Giselle from Enchanted.

Hehehe, grammar nazi. :p

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, so I've been looking over the thread again, gauging certain people but I noticed a trend that I would like to address.

Stop voting out inactives. And by that I mean people who have only made 1 post in 3 days. If that's their maximum output they will be replaced, the only thing lynching them will do is the likely death of an ordinary townie as they are the ones most likely to not be invested in the game.

If you're going to vote inactives, chose someone who only pops in every once and awhile and says generic stuff. euphemism is a good example of this. Another good example is the ever forgettable Mazre

Sorry, just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Hehehe, grammar nazi. :p

I'd like to think I have standards.

So I believe that you've already shared with us that Enchanted is one of your favorite Disney films.

VOTE: Seath

Tell me, if you had to pick 1 princess from of the rest of us to help you clean your apartment, who would you choose?

Sept said he has "no other abilities", and then Terra said he "wanted to get his ability off before dying". Seems like one-shot to me, but then I realized later that Sept is Anna and Terra is Elsa, so Sept saying he can't actually kill makes sense lore-wise.

I'll leave gryvan for later.

VOTE: Seath

Let's pick up the pace.

You're right, my post on that was a really incomplete thought. Let me try to flesh it out and try to make actual sense.

1. Assume Terrabyte is telling the truth about everything. Terrabyte killed panda. Scum kill failed in some way. My statement in this case makes no sense at all.

2. Assume Terrabyte is lying about everything. Scum killed panda. Terrabyte either isn't a vigilante, or shot someone other than panda but doesn't want to talk about it. So Terrabyte takes credit for killing panda as proof of having killing power. In which case, Zatoth stating that mafia killed panda could be due to knowing that mafia killed panda.

Does that help? I was going with #2 possibility on my vote there.

Okay, so I've been looking over the thread again, gauging certain people but I noticed a trend that I would like to address.

Stop voting out inactives. And by that I mean people who have only made 1 post in 3 days. If that's their maximum output they will be replaced, the only thing lynching them will do is the likely death of an ordinary townie as they are the ones most likely to not be invested in the game.

If you're going to vote inactives, chose someone who only pops in every once and awhile and says generic stuff. euphemism is a good example of this. Another good example is the ever forgettable Mazre

Sorry, just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Agreed. Mazre has posted little original content, and instead mostly comments on other people's content.

However I feel euphemism is even more suspicious due to lack of response to any direct questions.

Vote: euphemism

You're right, my post on that was a really incomplete thought. Let me try to flesh it out and try to make actual sense.

1. Assume Terrabyte is telling the truth about everything. Terrabyte killed panda. Scum kill failed in some way. My statement in this case makes no sense at all.

2. Assume Terrabyte is lying about everything. Scum killed panda. Terrabyte either isn't a vigilante, or shot someone other than panda but doesn't want to talk about it. So Terrabyte takes credit for killing panda as proof of having killing power. In which case, Zatoth stating that mafia killed panda could be due to knowing that mafia killed panda.

Does that help? I was going with #2 possibility on my vote there.
Consider this: if Terra and I were scum, or even neutral, why would we even bother to talk about what we did and/or can do? At the start of the day, no one suspected we did anything. We brought it up. And we both brought it up. Our mental synchronization can have but one explanation: we aren't lying.

And to reiterate, that wrestler that Terra's been posting? They call him "The Iceman." The Iceman. Because Terra is Elsa.

Kevyt

Consider this: if Terra and I were scum, or even neutral, why would we even bother to talk about what we did and/or can do? At the start of the day, no one suspected we did anything. We brought it up. And we both brought it up. Our mental synchronization can have but one explanation: we aren't lying.

And to reiterate, that wrestler that Terra's been posting? They call him "The Iceman." The Iceman. Because Terra is Elsa.

So Terra is Elsa and you're his sister?

Fireblend

Banned
Hey guys, sorry I've been absent for the last 2 days. On the one hand I'm busy at work and on the other I'm just drawing a blank on what to say right now. My opinion hasn't changed much; I still think discussing any possibility of our claimed lovers being scum or anti-town is disadvantageous to out cause (even if they did target pandas and screwed up), and don't really have any reason for voting for any of the inactive ones over another (and as someone already said, I'd like more meaningful reasons for voting people out). As for Seath, I'm underwhelmed with them at best. they've dialed back his cryptic playstyle but it feels like that's more because they've felt the pressure and less because they're following through on whatever they've been teasing at and that just feels very sloppy to me.

Yes, you beginning the role claim rather than it being all Terrabyte indicates that you have a private chat. I'm not going to argue your princess names either, but that's irrelevant, as far as we know, to alignment. I'm not convinced of your alignment at all, but I don't have any new arguments to add to yesterday's discussion of your claim and night actions.

That's why I moved my vote off Zatoth. Although I find his low participation and content suspicious, my argument for him tripping up in language is based on your theoretical lying. Because there's insufficient evidence either way, I don't feel Zatoth is the best lynch candidate today.

I was just asking because I have never watched Frozen.

Nor any Disney Princess films other than enchanted...

No wonder Giselle is your favorite! She's tops on a list of one.

How's your reads list coming along?

I enjoy your posts, and I've seen that you tend to get voted off the island early due to your strong preference for role playing. Do you have any idea what to do once you get past day 1? You're asking almost as many strategy questions as I am. ;)
But even I want you to participate in the gameplay aspect better. It doesn't matter if your thoughts turn out to be wrong. They're still helpful.

Basically just asking if you're going to really participate or if you don't intend to even try to help.

Kevyt

No wonder Giselle is your favorite! She's tops on a list of one.

How's your reads list coming along?

I enjoy your posts, and I've seen that you tend to get voted off the island early due to your strong preference for role playing. Do you have any idea what to do once you get past day 1? You're asking almost as many strategy questions as I am. ;)
But even I want you to participate in the gameplay aspect better. It doesn't matter if your thoughts turn out to be wrong. They're still helpful.

Basically just asking if you're going to really participate or if you don't intend to even try to help.

Wait, I lied. I did watch Alice in Wonderland. Close second I guess.

I can't really think of anyone scummy at this moment. Null reads for now, but hey if I was another player I would totally put myself as a scum suspect!

I would go for the inactives first, though as many have said, that doesn't really help much.

At the moment I can't really think of anyone. I just think that I'm an easy target to lynch today.

If I'm being lynched today, Mafia can do two things:

1) Wait for me to be lynched by everyone else nonmafia/vote for someone else-put pressure on another player for the next day. Make Seath a nontarget as he is of no value to town.

2) vote for me to be lynched/wandbagon to blend in with town.

If I was scum, I would go with the first option.

Keep that player who isn't very helpful to town, with town for as long as possible.

I'm not a good mafia player so I'm trying to think objectively of myself, lol

Top Bottom