• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DisneyPrincess Mafia |OT| Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who’s the Scummiest of Them All

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I'm just going to come out and say it. I think I was the target last night.

I'm Ariel. At night, I go return to the sea and can't be killed. I don't really care if scum knows this at this point.

If I was the target, I'm going to guess it was to kill the Enker trail, since my suspicions of him were rather loose to begin with. I'm determined to keep my vote on Enker as a result.

Because he is pulling the dresses over our eyes
How Lewd!
to get in front of me before I call him out on it. Assuming I dared to do so.

Vote: TheExodu5

He’s a Watcher, most likely a Scum Watcher, and my special case. If you recall, he also claimed to be visited (a somewhat mysterious addition to the roleclam). He’s afraid I am the cop (nope, nor the Doctor) and wants to get rid of me before I out him (thus starting a bandwagon, which he was going to vote me out for yesterday), but I did visit him last night.

Why not claim Town Watcher? Because it would be hard to explain how I visited him but he’s not dead otherwise. He’d have to claim a doctor visited too (to try and paint me as Scum). I will not role claim, because the people that have done so thus far have not done so in a Town-friendly way. Needless to say though, you can see why I’d want to hide a little bit. Lionesses are pretty good at that.

It was nice of you to wait two days to get your story straight with your Scum buddies though. Just early enough where it doesn’t seem like a last minute bus.

We have a THUNDERDOME!!!

For the sake of informational pressure:

VOTE: TheExodu5

*Vote subject to change.

Kevyt

Oh, and there is a catch to my role, by the way, but I'd rather not make that public.

So, the way I'm understanding is, either I'm scum, or Enker is. If you bus me, at least you can lynch Enker tomorrow.

Hmmm... I am torn between you two. For now, I'll keep my vote on Enker.

It's interesting that after being inactive he comes out and says "aha! TheExodu is scum!"

It seems a bit premature in my opinion.

TheExodu5

Banned
Okay, so re: Enker's claim.

1) Why does he think I'm a watcher?
2) Why does he say I know I was visited? It was purely a guess on my part. Though now that he's admitted visiting me, I guess I was right.
3) I went after him day 1. Why would I think he was a cop or doctor day 1? I would have no information on him whatsoever. I simply went after him day 1 due to his voting patterns.

TheExodu5

Banned
Watcher may be the wrong word, I’ve only played 2 full games. Think “Person who can see who visits them at night” instead.

Watcher visits someone else.

I can't see who visits me at night. I'm simply immune to night action (again, for those concerned with balance, there is a downside to my immunity, but I cannot make this public).

gryvan

Sorry guys, I had an overwhelming stress at work today so I haven't been posting a lot as I should be. Let me write my reads list sometime today or tomorrow.

tumblr_o2fyu73U691st0dt8o8_r1_250.gif

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Seath (4)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575
Septimus Prime .618 .660
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751

TheExodu5 (3)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751
Christina Mackenzie .767

Euphemism (2)
Darryl .661
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691

Enker (2)
Darryl .656 .661
Septimus Prime .660
Seath .688

GreatCharleston (1)
Trigger .570

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

No active vote for Day 2:
AbsolutBro
Fireblend
GreatCharleston
gryvan
Mazre
Royal_Flush
StackpoleH (has previously voted)
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
Zatoth

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

Quick note before I go to bed, to say that it's clear that Enker and Exodus can't both be telling the truth. It seems pretty clear that one of them is mafia. So we have a 50% chance of guessing right-- better than we had before, at least. I agree with those who have said that one or the other should be lynched.

Right now, I tentatively believe Enker. I explained above why I find Exodus' claim unbelievable. Other people have also commented that, from a meta perspective, it's unusual for a role to have unlimited night protection-- and apparently from all night visits, not just kills. That said, Enker's claim also has some issues.

Right now I am going to vote for Exodus, but would like to hear more from both the Es, not with further descriptions of their powers, but certainly with more thoughts on the situation.

vote: TheExodu5

I don't want to forget about the sisters either. It seems clear at this point that they aren't mafia, however I still see their unchecked killing power as a liability for the town. I would like to see Terrabyte publicly confirm that IF he has additional shots, he will not use them unless he also has access to information that would make them useful, or at the direction of the town. I do not want to know if he has additional shots or not, only for him to agree to this conditional statement. And I only want this to happen if there's general agreement. Does anyone have any thoughts on this suggestion?

Quick note before I go to bed, to say that it's clear that Enker and Exodus can't both be telling the truth. It seems pretty clear that one of them is mafia. So we have a 50% chance of guessing right-- better than we had before, at least. I agree with those who have said that one or the other should be lynched.

Right now, I tentatively believe Enker. I explained above why I find Exodus' claim unbelievable. Other people have also commented that, from a meta perspective, it's unusual for a role to have unlimited night protection-- and apparently from all night visits, not just kills. That said, Enker's claim also has some issues.

Right now I am going to vote for Exodus, but would like to hear more from both the Es, not with further descriptions of their powers, but certainly with more thoughts on the situation.

vote: TheExodu5

I don't want to forget about the sisters either. It seems clear at this point that they aren't mafia, however I still see their unchecked killing power as a liability for the town. I would like to see Terrabyte publicly confirm that IF he has additional shots, he will not use them unless he also has access to information that would make them useful, or at the direction of the town. I do not want to know if he has additional shots or not, only for him to agree to this conditional statement. And I only want this to happen if there's general agreement. Does anyone have any thoughts on this suggestion?

What are your thoughts on having no town come out and call out TheExodu5 for duplicate roles? Since nobody has claimed Ariel I think we can safely assume that he IS Ariel and Ariel would be a town role. This whole TheExodu5 bandwagon right now is very strange.

Fireblend

Banned
I wouldn't be so sure either Exodu5 or Enker are scum. If I had to choose, Enker would be right now the suspicious one. I don't feel like he's justified what he thinks enough. You found/accomplished nothing by visiting Exodu5, so he must be scum? smh all of this feels so sloppy.

No you're not. Unless Ynnny, crab and whoever else looked over this game completely fucked up or there is a whole mechanism in play just to kill you. Both of these things are rather unlikely. The only question is why would you as Scum fakeclaim with that little pressure on you?
Haven't we had commuters before? Multiple times? I mean, every night is certainly overboard, but it's not impossible. Do we know if Scum are also Princesses or are they possibly evil witches (ala Maleficent or Ursula)?

Why not claim Town Watcher? Because it would be hard to explain how I visited him but he’s not dead otherwise. He’d have to claim a doctor visited too (to try and paint me as Scum). I will not role claim, because the people that have done so thus far have not done so in a Town-friendly way. Needless to say though, you can see why I’d want to hide a little bit. Lionesses are pretty good at that.

It was nice of you to wait two days to get your story straight with your Scum buddies though. Just early enough where it doesn’t seem like a last minute bus.
Wait, this makes no sense. If he's scum, why would he have to explain why he lived when you visited him? There are non-kill scum powers that require visiting someone, and he already claimed to be a commuter so he would be alive anyway. Did I miss a post where he claimed to know for certain that you visited him? Because all I remember seeing is him thinking scum attacked him and he survived because commute.

OK then: My visit did not result in anything. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Zip.
If Exodus5 is a commuter, then that is exactly the result you would get. Honestly it kind of sounds like we have two town players pointing at each other as scum.

@Seath: You said you're Tinkerbell, right?

Enker

I wouldn't be so sure either Exodu5 or Enker are scum. If I had to choose, Enker would be right now the suspicious one. I don't feel like he's justified what he thinks enough. You found/accomplished nothing by visiting Exodu5, so he must be scum? smh all of this feels so sloppy.

I freely admit to it being a hunch based on his role claim and additional throwaway line of having been visited.

If I was 100% certain I’d be a cop or something. If there’s enough doubt about it I am certainly open to voting for someone else, but the combination of circumstances makes things seem a bit off to me, that’s all.

What are your thoughts on having no town come out and call out TheExodu5 for duplicate roles? Since nobody has claimed Ariel I think we can safely assume that he IS Ariel and Ariel would be a town role. This whole TheExodu5 bandwagon right now is very strange.

There was discussions after the last season games about safe role claims for mafia. It's now mandatory for all games to provide safe names for mafia to use in themed games. If they didn't have any we could all just role claim our names on Day 1 and pick off the duplicates or obscure ones. So if no one else claims Ariel it doesn't necessarily mean he's telling the truth. It could be one of the safe names given to mafia.

I've seen people play the BP gambit before. What happens is town usually just leaves them alone cause they don't want to lose such a good power role. But BP every night? That's just outrageous.

Fireblend

Banned
I freely admit to it being a hunch based on his role claim and additional throwaway line of having been visited.

If I was 100% certain I’d be a cop or something. If there’s enough doubt about it I am certainly open to voting for someone else, but the combination of circumstances makes things seem a bit off to me, that’s all.
This feels like such a hard backpedal from your original "Exodu5 is totally scum" accusation post.

Vote: Enker

It is my feeling that we do have a 50/50% claim, but that it isn't Ariel vs. Nala. I think it's Ariel vs. Elsa.

If we have a protective role (n1 no mafia kill) and a commuter, I cannot see Town also having a vigilante. If we believe the commuter role, then I believe Elsa must be scum, because they would need extra killing powers to make up for the heavy protection.

I'm not convinced of the commuter role, but I find Enker more plausible. For now,

I like the overall idea but there are flaws with us all coming to a consensus regarding his next possible target. If mafia has a switcher they could easily replace our chosen target with another town and create a WIFOM situation.

That said I'm not keen on having a loose cannon running about either.

I think it's probably a moot point. If scum/Evil didn't target them last night, they almost certainly will tonight. There's no point in TB confirming anything, and honestly giving scum more information just seems like a bad idea.

TheExodu5

Banned
I've seen people play the BP gambit before. What happens is town usually just leaves them alone cause they don't want to lose such a good power role. But BP every night? That's just outrageous.

Like I said, there's a downside. But it's not something I should reveal.

If Exodus5 is a commuter, then that is exactly the result you would get. Honestly it kind of sounds like we have two town players pointing at each other as scum.

Kind of what I'm thinking. Which is why I said I fucked this up.

I'm sorry I don't know why.

Looks like I forgot Ferret - slight town read, thanks for trying to keep discussion going

I'm sorry I said you were easy to forget (I'm interpreting this as a reference to that, it's funny if it is.)

It is my feeling that we do have a 50/50% claim, but that it isn't Ariel vs. Nala. I think it's Ariel vs. Elsa.

If we have a protective role (n1 no mafia kill) and a commuter, I cannot see Town also having a vigilante. If we believe the commuter role, then I believe Elsa must be scum, because they would need extra killing powers to make up for the heavy protection.

I'm not convinced of the commuter role, but I find Enker more plausible. For now,

So now Terrabyte is scum again? Also why is Enker more plausible?

On the matter of the E's, it really just sounds like two town going after each other.

TheExodu5

Banned
Not much, no.
I didn't find the commuter role claim plausible. But if we accept it as true, then I cannot believe we have a bunch of protection AND a town aligned killer. I believe at least one of these claims is a mafia.

Who says we have any protection at all?

If I was targeted N1 then there's no implication of a doctor.

Huh? You're assuming there was a protective role, rather than scum targeting the commuter?

Also, if Else is scum wouldn't that basically necessitate Sept as scum also? And we're back to where we were day 1 right after the claimed? Mixed lover pairs seems like an odd choice (Love Boat Mafia notwithstanding)

ultron87

That escalated quickly.

Enker and Exodus definitely feel like town who got caught up in it and are going after each other for no reason. Scum doing what either of them did feels real unlikely. It'd be quite the gambit to claim under essentially no pressure. Obviously bold gambits aren't an impossibility, but we can hold off on pressuring this stuff for now I think. (I am skeptical of the infinite night action immunity claim, but Enker has backed that up in a manner that feels genuine.)

Zatoth is heading up my scum list for the reasons others have mentioned.

If Seath always plays like an enigma then the current behavior could be equally town and scummy I guess? Not having played with them before I'm gonna remain suspicious.

Weemad's posts feel too genuine and expansive to be a fabrication.

a cat sometimes can't read/type well :< sorry septimus!

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

TheExodu5 (5)
Enker .744
Terrabyte20xx .751
Christina Mackenzie .767
StackpoleH .769
weemadarthur .776

Seath (4)
Freakinchair .561
Euphemism .572
TheExodu5 .575 .660
Septimus Prime .618
Christina Mackenzie .684 .767
Lone_Prodigy .689
Terrabyte20xx .695 .751

Enker (3)
Darryl .656 .661
TheExodu5 .660
Seath .688
Fireblend .775

Euphemism (1)
Darryl .661
Christina Mackenzie .664 .684
weemadarthur .691 .776

GreatCharleston (1)
Trigger .570

Terrabyte20xx (0)
StackpoleH .594 .651

gryvan (0)
Lone_Prodigy .586 .689

Zatoth (0)
weemadarthur .584 .691

ultron87 (0)
Seath .624 .682
Seath .682 .688

No active vote for Day 2:
AbsolutBro
GreatCharleston
gryvan
Mazre
Royal_Flush
ultron87
Unmasked Ferret
Zatoth

Day 2 ends:
cya_1456520400.png

12 votes for majority

If I understand tradition correctly, we must all now
Vote: barrylocke

Hi barrylocke!

At all y'all asking about assuming, yes I'm assuming a protective power role and therefore that's how I get my read of the situation.

Lore-wise, what would be a detriment to Ariel retreating back to the sea multiple times? Can't be consecutive nights? Do it too often and she stays in the sea permanently (aka removed from the game)? Loses ability to participate in voting? Just brainstorming.

Now if Exodu5 was scum would he just come out and claim out of nowhere? I think he would only do that to get ahead of any potential claim against him, which is what Enker is doing. Exodu5 has also been going after Enker since D1, so unless he knew something in his original role PM it would fit with a townie focusing on one suspect. However, if Enker was town with a PR, he would think the tunnelling to be suspect and thus use his action on Exodu5 during N1, then present the results D2, as he has now done.

Darryl

Banned
I mean since Seath is going to come out and say he's Tinker Bell, I might as well just come out and say that I'm Wendy. I know Seath is Tinker Bell, it's in my role. We aren't lovers, this is a one-sided relationship. I think, in the existence of our two roles, it makes me question whether or not there are true lovers in this game. Town lovers, at least. I didn't think too much on it at first but their posting has left me generally unnerved these past few days as I struggle to come up with someone besides an inactive that I really want lynched. It could possibly because 2 of the scum players are in that duo and I'm overlooking them out of policy.

Breadcrumbing would be something like, "stop busting my bells". If you were tinker bell.

So, there's that. I dunno why this wasn't obvious to Seath and he wasn't unnerved and instead revealed his role almost immediately. I assumed we had to keep his role name hidden and I was on some secret mission to protect him. I think there's enough to talk about to have me just come out and claim, keeping this hidden is dumb.

Now, if they were town and had a vig night kill as claimed, they could've just asked us last day "who should we night kill?". Obviously not an exact target, in case of switchers, but we could've put a short list together. Between a short list and two people who could submit the night action, the odds of something getting blocked or stopped is unlikely. Even if they were killed last night, their vig kill would've went through. So keeping the action itself hidden in hopes that mafia wouldn't have stopped it is pointless.

If they were more obvious about what they were doing, at least we could further believe them about their vig kill. Having just one kill in a night isn't anything out of the ordinary, and they didn't exactly say they were going to kill someone yesterday. They instead went vagabond and killed someone who was actually pretty fucking town and helpful. They're using a night kill last night as justification as to why they're town. It's had a side effect of revealing a daily commuter, which may or may not have been intentional (provoking protection roles to explain the unexplainable).

Another side-note: Their behavior on the morning of this day was hardly synchronized, either. Septimus didn't seem like he knew what was going on.

I think I had a bunch of side notes that weren't particularly worth harping on about but I've gone and forgot them all.

And yea, my constant Seath pressure was a gambit to see who would take the bait. Seeing who picks on the weak and easy targets is always my favorite way to hunt scum. Finding a weak target and making him appear weak and seeing who bandwagons tends to find scum a lot. I was going to save him with my claim if anything got too bad. That's why I am also leaning towards a Euphemism lynch, among others.

Vote: Septimus Prime

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtao9c6hH1r1l6a8o1_r1_400.png

W-w-what's going on?

Welcome, firstly we simply must get you out of those clothes. What are you trying to say, career minded? You'll never get a prince that way.

Also are you planning to role claim? It seems to be all the rage with the younger princesses.

And yea, my constant Seath pressure was a gambit to see who would take the bait. Seeing who picks on the weak and easy targets is always my favorite way to hunt scum. Finding a weak target and making him appear weak and seeing who bandwagons tends to find scum a lot. I was going to save him with my claim if anything got too bad. That's why I am also leaning towards a Euphemism lynch, among others.

Vote: Septimus Prime

First weemadarthur suggests one of the lovers is scum and now you? So what is it, is one of them scum or both? How does that even work?

Top Bottom