• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Dandte

Final legend fest day. I'll pray for you. :)
thanks! any (decent) character would be fine and amira via start dash.
Downtime? I was going to reroll some more.

FAtRZXB.png

well legend fest ends in 18 min right? so no ssr starter for me this time...well next time maybe.

Anyone have a throwaway starter acct with a cute SSR if anyone has any theyre willing to get rid of.
for the love of god i can't follow http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thr...tion-rerolling step by step, none of the images look similar enough for me to follow it correctly, i've already linked up a FB acct with crappy chars by blindly clicking buttons and basically......have no idea what im doing.

none whatsoever.

:(

Dandte

Anyone have a throwaway starter acct with a cute SSR if anyone has any theyre willing to get rid of.
for the love of god i can't follow http://gbf-english.proboards.com/thr...tion-rerolling step by step, none of the images look similar enough for me to follow it correctly, i've already linked up a FB acct with crappy chars by blindly clicking buttons and basically......have no idea what im doing.

none whatsoever.

https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

use this guide and welcome to my eternal hell or rerolling.

chrono01

roll with baha instead of some petty SSR characters, or you will deeply regret it later when you are rank 110 and still dont have either lucifer or baha.

Is it worth having him though, if I don't have a dark team to build around? A lot of the current characters that interest me (Catalina, Rosetta, etc.) aren't dark-type, so I'm not sure. Vira looks nice, as does Lady Grey though...

none whatsoever.

Try this, it's what I used:

Giving out accounts is difficult, since it's recommended you use the salted email method and by doing so they're all essentially tied to that singular email address (and, in my case, same password). If you could unlink an account from an email and re-link it to another, then yes, giving one away would be easy. But you can't, so unless people are creating separate/different emails for each account, giving one away just isn't safe. :(

Edit: BTW, in-regard to the Starter Dash ticket. Can they still be used for limited-time characters, such as Catalina and Rosetta, after they leave the current gatcha? I'm just curious as to whether I need to purchase it before new characters are swapped in, or if I can take my time.

Uthred

Edit: BTW, in-regard to the Starter Dash ticket. Can they still be used for limited-time characters, such as Catalina and Rosetta, after they leave the current gatcha? I'm just curious as to whether I need to purchase it before new characters are swapped in, or if I can take my time.

Yes, the Start Dash lets you pick any SSR character that is available in the gacha at the time you start your account. So if you dont fancy buying it now you could wait until it pops up again (in a month) and still pick Catalina or Rosetta.

chrono01

Yes, the Start Dash lets you pick any SSR character that is available in the gacha at the time you start your account. So if you dont fancy buying it now you could wait until it pops up again (in a month) and still pick Catalina or Rosetta.
Nice, thanks! So when you create your account, all of the current characters are "snap-shot" (hence why people recommend pulling during Legend Fest when Legend Fest-only characters are available) and, even if they're changed out at a later date to add new ones (as in the case of Anira and Anna), as long as you created your account at the time when they were available for pulling, you can use your Start Dash ticket on them. Sounds good to me!

I'll spend the rest of the day re-rolling, but I'm probably going to stick with the Bahamut re-roll. I don't plan on actually playing the game until the English language is added (so I can fully understand the story/mechanics), I just wanted an account now so I can begin receiving the login rewards. By the time the English version is released, if I don't have a solid attacker by then, I'll just use my Start Dash ticket on Catalina. I can always use future tickets on Dark-type units (to get the full benefit of Bahamut), I just want to use the Start Dash one on a character that's limited and not always available via in-game means.

Is it worth having him though, if I don't have a dark team to build around? A lot of the current characters that interest me (Catalina, Rosetta, etc.) aren't dark-type, so I'm not sure. Vira looks nice, as does Lady Grey though...

Giving out accounts is difficult, since it's recommended you use the salted email method and by doing so they're all essentially tied to that singular email address (and, in my case, same password). If you could unlink an account from an email and re-link it to another, then yes, giving one away would be easy. But you can't, so unless people are creating separate/different emails for each account, giving one away just isn't safe. :(

baha/lucifer is THE jackpot of gacha in Granblue, period. If you are serious enough about this game, i think you should go with bahamut. There will be many opportunities to get well designed characters in the future. It wont happen for baha/lucifer.

chrono01

baha/lucifer is THE jackpot of gacha in Granblue, period. If you are serious enough about this game, i think you should go with bahamut. There will be many opportunities to get well designed characters in the future. It wont happen for baha/lucifer.
Bahamut it is!

In that case, I'll just rest easy for the rest of the day (since I have my Bahamut account) and patiently await the English language option. I'll log in daily for the free items, pull during future Legend Fests, and slowly build up my characters. If I don't get lucky with Catalina on my Bahamut account, I'll just Start Dash her.

Thanks for the word of advice. I do expect to stick around with Granblue Fantasy (from everything I've seen, it's my kind of thing) so I'll take your recommendation that Bahamut is worth keeping. :)

use this guide and welcome to my eternal hell or rerolling.

I totally forgot about the whole salt emails thing, I just remember seeing people mention they had multiple accounts with diff SSRs.....lol I thought they had a crap load of email accts haha. Salt emails make total sense though.

is my main screen when doing it via browser, and I have no clue how to register an email...like what buttons to click to register. I originally created an account by linking via FB a few weeks ago and I guess it's perma linked to that, so I'd rather not click the FB button and register via email.

chrono01

I totally forgot about the whole salt emails thing, I just remember seeing people mention they had multiple accounts with diff SSRs.....lol I thought they had a crap load of email accts haha. Salt emails make total sense though.

is my main screen when doing it via browser, and I have no clue how to register an email...like what buttons to click to register. I originally created an account by linking via FB a few weeks ago and I guess it's perma linked to that, so I'd rather not click the FB button and register via email.
It's the grey button near the bottom. Click it, enter your email with +1/+2/etc. added as a salt after your name (so "granbluefantasyreroll+1@gmail.com" as an example, with "granbluefantasyreroll@gmail.com" being your actual email), enter the four digit code sent to that email, then enter your username, password twice (to verify it being right), sex, birthdate and agree to the terms to create your account, and you're set!

It's recommended to do it in
Chrome with an Incognito tab open (and under Developer Mode) tor easy re-rolling (no need to clear cookies) and being able to translate simple things to English by right-clicking. Re-rolling is easy, just up the number of each salted email as you create them. Keep all of the verification code emails in your Google Mail inbox to keep track of your current number. It makes it easier that way to know how many you've rolled and which number is next.

It's the grey button near the bottom. Click it, enter your email with +1/+2/etc. added as a salt after your name (so "granbluefantasyreroll+1@gmail.com" as an example, with "granbluefantasyreroll@gmail.com" being your actual email), enter the four digit code sent to that email, then enter your username, password twice (to verify it being right), sex, birthdate and agree to the terms to create your account, and you're set!

It's recommended to do it in
Chrome with an Incognito tab open (and under Developer Mode) tor easy re-rolling (no need to clear cookies) and being able to translate simple things to English by right-clicking. Re-rolling is easy, just up the number of each salted email as you create them. Keep all of the verification code emails in your Google Mail inbox to keep track of your current number. It makes it easier that way to know how many you've rolled and which number is next.

whats the symbol for male when choosing your sex? im assuming its the first symbol but just want to make sure

chrono01

whats the symbol for male when choosing your sex? im assuming its the first symbol but just want to make sure
Yeah, it's the default one (the one on the left).

Did they when it'll release in English? I'm curious about this one.
It was supposed to be March, but it was apparently "delayed". At least, I think I remember reading something about that.

In either case, hopefully it's soon.

ok i opened new window in incognito mode and i dont remember how to get past this screen

From: https://granblue-wiki.com/index.php?title=Rerolling

Code:
Open a Google Chrome window in Incognito mode with Ctrl+Shift+N. This saves a lot of time in clearing cookies between account rerolls.
    Enter Developer mode with Ctrl+Shift+I.
    On the Developer mode side toolbar there is a button shaped like a smartphone screen in the top left. Click that button so it turns blue.
    Under Device on the orange portion of the toolbar above the webpage, select any model, such as Google Nexus 5.

ok im guessing this is the main gatcha screen after completing the tutorial?

is this the only gatch go i get? so if i dont get anything worthwhile time to reroll? or is there any other way to get another gatch go?

chrono01

ok im guessing this is the main gatcha screen after completing the tutorial?

is this the only gatch go i get? so if i dont get anything worthwhile time to reroll? or is there any other way to get another gatch go?
Nope, that's the normal summon.

Click the button to the left of "Top" at the bottom of the screen and it'll take you to the premium gatcha. Scroll down a bit and, if you have haven't used any crystals yet, you should see a blue button with the number "2" in the text. Click that one. The other section of buttons above it are for Mobacoins, the second set are for crystals.

BTW, you only get two pulls per re-roll now, which makes things slightly harder for you. :(

garath

Nope, that's the normal summon.

Click the button to the left of "Top" at the bottom of the screen and it'll take you to the premium gatcha. Scroll down a bit and, if you have haven't used any crystals yet, you should see a blue button with the number "2" in the text. Click that one. The other section of buttons above it are for Mobacoins, the second set are for crystals.

BTW, you only get two pulls per re-roll now, which makes things slightly harder for you. :(

It was still 3 when I last did it a couple hours ago?

Free ticket from login, free ticket from clicking the glowies in town and the 300 crystals.

ugh so i guess i just wasted it then.

so now how do i log out and start new? i cleared all the chrome settings, yet however i go back to the main screen im still logged in and when i click 'my page' it takes me to the stuff i JUST did.

chrono01

It was still 3 when I last did it a couple hours ago?

Free ticket from login, free ticket from clicking the glowies in town and the 300 crystals.
I didn't receive the 300 crystals when I did the re-roll, unless I just missed something. That's entirely possible, haha.

ugh so i guess i just wasted it then.

so now how do i log out and start new? i cleared all the chrome settings, yet however i go back to the main screen im still logged in and when i click 'my page' it takes me to the stuff i JUST did.
Make sure you delete all of your cookies. Next time, do everything in an incognito tab, so none of your settings are saved. That way you can just close the tab, open a new incognito one, and do it all over again.

I didn't receive the 300 crystals when I did the re-roll, unless I just missed something. That's entirely possible, haha.

Make sure you delete all of your cookies. Next time, do everything in an incognito tab, so none of your settings are saved. That way you can just close the tab, open a new incognito one, and do it all over again.

that worked!

so....instead of doing the gatcha from the tutorial, go to 'top' and find the premium gatcha and do it there? before or after going to 'town' and clicking the glowies in order?

chrono01

that worked!

so....instead of doing the gatcha from the tutorial, go to 'top' and find the premium gatcha and do it there? before or after going to 'town' and clicking the glowies in order?
The gatcha you do during the tutorial, you have to do. If you're talking about the one the game alerts you to when you select the premium gatcha, that one you can do or ignore. I ignore it as you can't get SSR from it, but it doesn't use your crystals to use. The one you want to use, for SSR, is further down the page (look for the "2" next to the blue button). You can roll it twice using the larger crystals you receive (for the daily log in + the Town trick) and supposedly you can roll once more with the 300 crystals the game gives you as part of their 900M event, but I didn't get them during my last re-roll. Maybe they stopped handing them out after the maintenance? Regardless, two pulls per re-roll is guaranteed.

currently in the process of rerolling, but i never saw a 2 on that screen.

ill post pics once i get there. am i supposed to claim all the icons in the gift and inbox screens to see the 2?

chrono01

currently in the process of rerolling, but i never saw a 2 on that screen.

ill post pics once i get there. am i supposed to claim all the icons in the gift and inbox screens to see the 2?
Just claim the gitftbox, yeah. That's where your premium crystals are stored when you receive them.

garath

Oh yeah. All of a sudden you only get 150 crystals instead of 300 :/ Weird. That sucks.

aitakute

I wonder if they will be able finish translating in march. That's a lot of works. They even translating the manga.
I wonder what happened to the anime

chrono01

It would be hilarious if the English update turned out to be google translate!
I'm pretty sure it's been reported that Cy Games were handling the translation themselves, but I could be wrong on that.

Now that I have my account, I want that English release. I refuse to play it now, when I can't really understand much of anything. The story here actually seems interesting. I'm even planning on creating a throwaway account when the translation is available just so I can read through the tutorial story. Unless there's a way to watch that already in-game.

garath

theres a date?

anyways guys i got this one

on my +7 email.

sooo.....if i decide to reroll and eventually get tired of it, i could always come back to the main page, login with +7 and it would still be there?

Yep.

I did 35 or so tries throughout today. Only one had a SSR, number 21. So I logged back into 21 and it works just fine.

chrono01

theres a date?

anyways guys i got this one

on my +7 email.

sooo.....if i decide to reroll and eventually get tired of it, i could always come back to the main page, login with +7 and it would still be there?
Congrats, you got Rosetta. She's not the best starter, since she needs a few characters to really shine, but she's a Legend Festival exclusive and is supposedly pretty great once you can build a team around her. You did good!

And yes, you absolutely can return to any previously rolled accounts. You just need to remember the email/password for that particular account. Just write it down somewhere if you can't remember it on your own.

Yep.

I did 35 or so tries throughout today. Only one had a SSR, number 21. So I logged back into 21 and it works just fine.

Congrats, you got Rosetta. She's not the best starter, since she needs a few characters to really shine, but she's a Legend Festival exclusive and is supposedly pretty great once you can build a team around her. You did good!

And yes, you absolutely can return to any previously rolled accounts. You just need to remember the email/password for that particular account. Just write it down somewhere if you can't remember it on your own.

awesome. thanks guys. i think im getting the hang of it.

im definitely writing down which numbers have which people.

Yaari

Rosetta is an insane support who also happens to be able to soak up a lot of damage. She's also one of the more fun characters to use due to her complicated but very rewarding skill set.

Her main skill puts her into her "Barrier of Rose" form, while in this form she's more likely to be attacked by enemies and gains a lot of buffs (reflect, 500 hp regen for example).

Every turn it's active she'll use a bit of Ougi. She also gains a stack for every turn she took damage.

If you de-activate the skill by using it another time she'll consume the stacks which casts various buffs depending on the amount of stacks she used. If she consumes five stacks everyone in you party turns into insane DPS monsters.

Do be aware that the Ougi consumption is quite big, if she doesn't have enough Ougi to consume she'll leave the mode without casting any buffs. This also happens if she doesn't get attacked for two turns from my testing.

I heavily advice you to level Rosetta up as soon as possible, her third skill allows her to leech 45% Ougi of your allies, at some point her first skill also gets an upgrade, entering and leaving her Barrier of Rose form doesn't cost any Ougi then.

Thanks. I wasn't sure why I was leaving the mode before the "4" count, sometimes it cancelled. I guess I ran out of Ougi then.

She's amazing though, wow. Those buffs are no joke. My entire team starting just beating down the team in front of me. I'm definitely building a team with her in mind. I love how she can take damage for the team.

Would Birdman be the best I could go for as a companion with her? Since people said he's key in a Wind based team.

garath

Well I did my rerolls and got ferry. Only SSR out of all those rolls :/

Now I have no idea how to actually play lol. I got through the first few campaign quests just by clicking what I assume is the attack button. I don't know how to equip weapons or anything. Like do I need to equip that SSR whip that came with ferry?

Ultimate guide didn't seem to have a walkthrough of fights. Any guides have that?

Yaari

Welp, no joke. When you turn off live battle notification, the mobile app runs just as good as pc version

Was that the little selectible button you can click in the Raid screen? I always wondered what it was for.
Are the real time notifications, the damage etc reports on top of the screen?
Well I did my rerolls and got ferry. Only SSR out of all those rolls :/

Now I have no idea how to actually play lol. I got through the first few campaign quests just by clicking what I assume is the attack button. I don't know how to equip weapons or anything. Like do I need to equip that SSR whip that came with ferry?

Ultimate guide didn't seem to have a walkthrough of fights. Any guides have that?

Try to just go through the missions for now, I'll make some pictures showing you how to do those things but I think the guide covered it for now.

--

I thnk my account was made on Feb 5. Hopefully on Saturday, the ticket comes back.

Oh one thing I was wondering about, there seem to be a rather low amount of rewards in co-op. Do they ever reset at all? Like, theres only 30MP worth of stuff, at best?

kiryogi

Banned
Good enough to start? Not planning to really play until I can understand what's going on, but figured I would sit on the account awhile and collect bonuses.

Catherine falls along the lines up endgame if even that. Shes a charm machine but doesn't contribute much aside from that in terms of damage until the situation presents itself.

Yaari: yup! Turn those off and the game works perfect on phones.

Top Bottom