• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Timeaisis

Oh yeah, before I forget.

Vote: Karkador

Might as well put my vote on my gut pick before I die.

Hope you guys learn something from this.

El Topo

Just to be clear: While Karkhead have been spot-on regarding the flavor of the chat bomb, they are not completely off the hook. Not when we have mafia claiming on D1. It would be an extremely risky gambit, but I cannot put it beyond very skilled players. I think we can rule out that mafia have two trackers though, so if they deliver results that will be reassuring.

batsnacks

200w.gif

Karkador

Banned
Dusk almost got killed/maybe will be killed by opposing you. Eh. ;-)

That's the problem. When so much authority gets placed on us, mafia's only tactic is to bus unwitting Townies who 'dare' to challenge whatever we're saying. As more Townies flip because of this, we look more guilty for somehow engineering these deaths. It's why I think they killed Splinter last night.

So on one hand, it's less possible for accusations and mistrust to get thrown around, but then we also get a mafia that's acting a little more conservatively.

Warxard

Banned
The assumption of mafia having TWO trackers is a bad one but that's more meta nonsense.

I really would rather not see a turbo though. At least when there's worthwhile time left. Gonna go back to review the Dusk and Karu stuff.

Ourobolus

Banned
Current Votes:

el topo & giant panda (0)
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
ultrajay
timeaisis
timeaisis

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
boo boo'n
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
zippedpinhead
gorlak
tl21xx
fluxwavez
kingkitty
fluxwavez

timeaisis & fluxwavez (11)
gorlak
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
boo boo'n
zippedpinhead
karkador
camjo-z
tl21xx
hobohodo
el topo
ultrajay
batsnacks
coppanuva
magnumboy20xx

dusk soldier & karu (4)
fluxwavez
flame_ac
kyanrute
retroid
flame_ac
zippedpinhead
karkador
ultrajay
timeaisis

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda

coppanuva & flame_ac (0)
batsnacks

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
karkador

kyanrute & retroid (1)
ty4on

13 votes needed for majority.

red_1457028000.png

Timeaisis

That's the problem. When so much authority gets placed on us, mafia's only tactic is to bus unwitting Townies who 'dare' to challenge whatever we're saying. As more Townies flip because of this, we look more guilty for somehow engineering these deaths. It's why I think they killed Splinter last night.

So on one hand, it's less possible for accusations and mistrust to get thrown around, but then we also get a mafia that's acting a little more conservatively.

Is that why you aren't voting Dusk or myself? Don't want to look bad next day when we flip town?

You and zipped keep voting against majority at days end, like you are trying to avoid suspicion the next day. Which, I suppose is logical if you really think you need to survive as tracker, but it seems like you don't want to get your hands dirty.

Kyanrute

Flux is being lynched at the moment. What are your thoughts on him and Time?

I still think it is too insane a play for both Blawl and Fluxaisis be scum. I don't think the scum team would go for such a play where they put most or half of their members right out there in the open on day one.

Ty4on

Fixed. Sorry, doing like thirty things at the moment.
image.php

I still think it is too insane a play for both Blawl and Fluxaisis be scum. I don't think the scum team would go for such a play where they put most or half of their members right out there in the open on day one.
I guess.

Why is your vote on Dusk though? Do you really believe a scum would act like that when it was clear their scum mate was being lynched?

El Topo

If Kark is scum then there's no need for him to be a tracker. It would be odd for scum to kill the real tracker in that case though.

They still have to produce results. They claimed that UltraJay did not do anything, no? They can't always make lucky guesses.

Timeaisis

Let's not forget me and Flux were proponents of lynching Blawl from like day one. So you must accuse Flux and I of bussing since the beginning of time, while other players are completely off the hook.

Ty4on

They still have to produce results. They claimed that UltraJay did not do anything, no? They can't always make lucky guesses.

Sure, but that's why Flux said we should wait until tomorrow and see if we can confirm that result. JayBoo could in that case have been the actual target of Blawl on N1.

Coppanuva

Sure, but that's why Flux said we should wait until tomorrow and see if we can confirm that result. JayBoo could in that case have been the actual target of Blawl on N1.

And have Kark and Blawl in cahoots to lie? I mean maybe, but it seems pretty farfetch'd to me.

Ty4on

And have Kark and Blawl in cahoots to lie? I mean maybe, but it seems pretty farfetch'd to me.

I don't believe their scum either. I'm just pointing out that if they were it can probably be confirmed tomorrow unless they have a weird scum team with two trackers.

Timeaisis

So, let me get this straight, according to you guys...

1. Blawl and Fluxaxis both claim on D1. Fluxaxis very early votes against Blawl
2. Fluxaxis contributes to voting Blawl off on D2, who flips scum.
∴ Fluxaxis is scum who bussed Blawl super early and also made a risky claim D1.

1. Kark counterclaims on Blawl D2.
2. Kark makes arguments against Blawl but does not cinch the vote for him, and instead moves on to vote Splinter, who dies and flips town.
∴ Kark is not scum.

It's weird.

Karkador

Banned
Is that why you aren't voting Dusk or myself? Don't want to look bad next day when we flip town?

You and zipped keep voting against majority at days end, like you are trying to avoid suspicion the next day. Which, I suppose is logical if you really think you need to survive as tracker, but it seems like you don't want to get your hands dirty.

Am I obligated to go along with a vote I don't really agree with?

I don't really care about suspicion. Honestly, I'm trying to welcome it. I've been okay with being lynched since D1, because it was always going to provide an actionable piece of info to take Blarg down.

The environment of "Kark and Zipped are all but confirmed, don't even bother" is dampening moves from Mafia. I figure they are sitting back and letting Town tear itself apart.

El Topo

I don't believe their scum either. I'm just pointing out that if they were it can probably be confirmed tomorrow unless they have a weird scum team with two trackers.

I assume we have a tracker (if not a cop). If Karkhead are lying either the couple will come forward at some point or we will find out when mafia gets them.

Ty4on

[...]
2. Kark makes arguments against Blawl but does not cinch the vote for him, and instead moves on to vote Splinter, who dies and flips town.
∴ Kark is not scum.

It's weird.
It would be weird for Kark to go hard on Splinter and then NK him the next night.

Karkador

Banned
So, let me get this straight, according to you guys...

1. Blawl and Fluxaxis both claim on D1. Fluxaxis very early votes against Blawl
2. Fluxaxis contributes to voting Blawl off on D2, who flips scum.

∴ Fluxaxis is scum who bussed Blawl super early and also made a risky claim D1.

∴ Kark is not scum.

It's weird.

This is a shaky assumption to make when your partner carpetbombs opposing players with accusations and votes.

Of course it's true that you guys 'contributed' to voting against Blarg. You did it against me, too. It's impossible to tell the true intention.

Kyanrute

image.php

I guess.

Why is your vote on Dusk though? Do you really believe a scum would act like that when it was clear their scum mate was being lynched?

It is possible but I do agree that it is by no means certain. It is though, I feel, more likely than Fluxaisis being scum.

Ourobolus

Banned
Current Votes:

el topo & giant panda (0)
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
ultrajay
timeaisis
timeaisis

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
boo boo'n
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
zippedpinhead
gorlak
tl21xx
fluxwavez
kingkitty
fluxwavez

timeaisis & fluxwavez (11)
gorlak
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
boo boo'n
zippedpinhead
karkador
camjo-z
tl21xx
hobohodo
el topo
ultrajay
batsnacks
coppanuva
magnumboy20xx

dusk soldier & karu (4)
fluxwavez
flame_ac
kyanrute
retroid
flame_ac
zippedpinhead
karkador
ultrajay
timeaisis

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
batsnacks
karu

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
karkador

kyanrute & retroid (1)
ty4on

13 votes needed for majority.

red_1457028000.png

Timeaisis

This is a shaky assumption to make when your partner carpetbombs opposing players with accusations and votes.

Of course it's true that you guys 'contributed' to voting against Blarg. You did it against me, too. It's impossible to tell the true intention.

Well, sure, but it's frequently all we have to go on. Where your vote at day end means quite a lot.

I'm trying to point out how illogical it is to assume Flux and I are scum but not have any suspicion of you and Zipped. Not saying you necessarily are, even though that's what my gut tells me.

Kyanrute

If Flux is scum, day one insanity needed to be pre-planned and approved by scum.
If Dusk is scum, why are they playing so openly weird?

Hmm. I do regret that we did not get a chance to pressure Coppaflame and Ultraboo more.

Karkador

Banned
Well, sure, but it's frequently all we have to go on. Where your vote at day end means quite a lot.

I'm trying to point out how illogical it is to assume Flux and I are scum but not have any suspicion of you and Zipped. Not saying you necessarily are, even though that's what my gut tells me.

I feel like we're saying the same thing, in different ways.

Top Bottom