• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Sorian

Banned
Why didn't you suspect him in that post I quoted? If you've been suspicious of him all day then it's extra ammunition.

Because I've beat that single point to death and your post didn't really add anything new to the equation. Someone from the bolded is scum, you presented it slightly different by adding in the odds portion of the argument but at the end of the day, whenever I've tried to push Karu I don't really get much in return from him nor do I see much cropping up from others. Which is what I would expect from a scum member, no one picking at it too much, hoping it'll blow under. I'm still not sold on Mazre and I'm willing to play ball because it looks like we can start something.

VOTE: Karu

roytheone

Vote count:

coppanuva (0)
sorian 907 (1024)
fireblend 1440 (1575)
sorian 1459 (1752)

camjo-z (3)
launchpadmcq 909 (1247)
mazre 1535
karkador 1605
xamtheking 1640

fluxwavez (0)
fireblend 914 (1440)
xamtheking 1101 (1493)
weemadarthur 1160 (1229)
trigger 1171 (1254)

pop-o-matic (1)
fluxwavez 917

karu (1)
sorian 1024 (1232)
sorian 1752

karkador (0)
sorian 1232 (1329)
camjo-z 1259 (1392)
tl21xx 1261 (1563)

sorian (0)
karkador 1246 (1509)
launchpadmcq 1247 (1453)

mazre (6)
weemadarthur 1307
trigger 1327
xamtheking 1493 (1640)
ty4on 1558
tl21xx 1581
karu 1609
launchpadmcq 1746

tl21xx (0)
sorian 1329 (1329)
sorian 1451 (1459)

ty4on (0)
sorian 1329 (1451)

launchpadmcq (1)
camjo-z 1392

xamtheking (0)
launchpadmcq 1453 (1722)

trigger (1)
karkador 1509 (1605)
fireblend 1575

9 votes are needed for majority!
bla_1459544400.png

Karkador

Banned
I
People have framed themselves before in an attempt to say "why would I do that as scum?" It's worked to varying degrees from blowing up in your own face to getting away with murder. You readily admit that gambits are your bread and butter, I'm not putting it past you.

For someone who was complaining about WIFOM, you seem to be busting out the wine glasses now.

Sorian

Banned
For someone who was complaining about WIFOM, you seem to be busting out the wine glasses now.

WIFOM is annoying and I like to mitigate it as much as possible when presenting gambits to the crowd but when it's here we still have to deal with it.

Hey folks. Trying to get caught up, but this thread is closing in on 2000 posts. Doubt I'll be caught up by game day's end.

Your predecessor behaved scummily on day one, and then tried to off himself when he collected some votes.
Town killed off an ordinary, who don't get cool character names.
This was a single player who played Override to save your predecessor and now regrets it.
The night kill was the noob, who apparently didn't commute because he wanted to be an even nighter.
Topo claims he blocked scum chat for the duration of day two.
Mazre claimed ordinary really early on day one, and is relatively inactive.
Karu will be back later to expound on whatever he has said so far.
Xam is utterly scummy and claims doctor.
Fireblend is the towniest player here.
Apparently I am ...second towniest?
Sir Postalot posts a lot.
Karkador is gambiting. He is sure he got a result despite reactions seeming rather lukewarm from my standpoint. He is tunneled on camjo, sometime mayor.
I want to remove a less active (content wise) player.
Sorian is very suspicious of karu and coppanuva.
Trigger is noncommittal but present. For some reason his vote history matches mine.
Launchpad is a replacement for the most inactive player. Read his posts if you want to consider an opinion of his alignment.
Popomatic promised to be here, but he ain't.
TL21 and Ty4on are blending, make of it what you will.

El Topo

Hey folks. Trying to get caught up, but this thread is closing in on 2000 posts. Doubt I'll be caught up by game day's end.

Do it like I usually do and focus on a single player. Heck, you could also just look at who died and try to derive something from that.

And Xam and Kark but I keep getting stonewalled by claims that will either be easily broken down the road or have to be true (Xam as doctor and Kark as Batman (maybe? I don't even fucking know anymore))

Kark equally claimed ordinary, so....whatever he's up to is still a gambit. I understand your points against him.

Mr. Roy sir.
Is Popomatic close to requiring prodding? I don't recall his most recent post. Sorry to bring it up when it was already hard to find a sub.

Coppanuva

In regards to this, if Mazre is going to die, we could use a 4th on Camjo. But then that might make things too tight. I'll let you guys decide.

Vote: Camjo-z

I may pull it off if I don't like where this is headed, but in the meantime, you have my vote. Unfortunately I'll be a bit sparse this morning since I'm answering calls until like... an hour before deadline but I'll try to participate as my schedule allows.

Sorian

Banned
Vote: Camjo-z

I may pull it off if I don't like where this is headed, but in the meantime, you have my vote. Unfortunately I'll be a bit sparse this morning since I'm answering calls until like... an hour before deadline but I'll try to participate as my schedule allows.

Just leaving this here to demonstrate my problem with what Launch has done here:

Splitting the vote between Camjo and whoever we end up actually lynching. I'm sure at day end we will be sitting between two candidates again, maybe 3 if we are feeling really frisky, and you want to add in a small subset to another person which A) let's people sit out of the vote on day 2 where scum can still hide within votes fairly easily (making it even easier on them) and B) with enough splitting of the vote, Camjo can become an easy lynch to last minute fuckery. We've already lost voting records for day one until such a time that we actually see Topo or Flux's flip so I'd like day 2's vote to actually hold full weight which this kind of pulls away from.

Quoting the easy sheep vote, reminiscent of Trigger getting in on that Topo vote yesterday with little to no reasoning.

Sorian

Banned
I haven't actually roleclaimed anything

Of course you haven't, you have deniability in both cases now between the batman claim and the ordinary claim. You can just quietly shuffle over to whichever one isn't as suspicious when the time comes. It's amazing that we're letting you do it too.

Karu

Just leaving this here to demonstrate my problem with what Launch has done here:

Quoting the easy sheep vote, reminiscent of Trigger getting in on that Topo vote yesterday with little to no reasoning.
True. Depending on what kinda deal Launch has goin' on it might bite him in the ass, though, if he's scum. So it's on his own risk, we will see.

Of course you haven't, you have deniability in both cases now between the batman claim and the ordinary claim. You can just quietly shuffle over to whichever one isn't as suspicious when the time comes. It's amazing that we're letting you do it too.

*shrug*. I'm feeling comfortable about my claim status. Don't get the idea that I'm shifting around nervously. Everything's peachy.

lol

Karkador

Banned
Nah, Sorian doesn't get it. Why would Sorian get it? He probably starts quoting a post to disagree with before realizing it's his post.

Nah, Sorian doesn't get it. Why would Sorian get it? He probably starts quoting a post to disagree with before realizing it's his post.

New gambit.
Abandon thread and see if Sorian's town persona starts arguing with his scum persona, with the neutral persona attempting to make peace.

Sorian

Banned

I think it's telling that a lot of your activity today has been trying to get people to believe that I like disagreeing with things for the sake of disagreeing. It feels like a lawyer trying to drag a witness' character through the mud so people are less likely to believe them. I'm right somewhere and instead of taking down the point, you're trying to get everyone to just throw out my opinions.

Karkador

Banned
I think it's telling that a lot of your activity today has been trying to get people to believe that I like disagreeing with things for the sake of disagreeing. It feels like a lawyer trying to drag a witness' character through the mud so people are less likely to believe them. I'm right somewhere and instead of taking down the point, you're trying to get everyone to just throw out my opinions.

Telling of what? You pick stupid, obstructive arguments with me all day (that you change your mind on later, anyway), and then try to blame me for disagreeing with you?

Don't fret, Sorian. If we can say one fact about this game, it's that you've been heard.

Sorian

Banned
Telling of what? You pick stupid, obstructive arguments with me all day (that you change your mind on later, anyway), and then try to blame me for disagreeing with you?

Don't fret, Sorian. If we can say one fact about this game, it's that you've been heard.

You keep saying the bolded and you quote some things that vaguely look like that and then when I come back with an answer you go back to this. I've misremembered things today, off the top of my head, I can say specifically the accusation that you didn't have a reads list day 1. But changing my mind on things? No, not really. I've been very obstructive on you for one thing in particular and I've held onto that quite strong for better or worse. Camjo is a mayor/governor and that is a town role. Having something akin to a cleared player is a wonderful jumping off point and I find anyone trying to destroy that credibility suspect. Not because we should just throw Camjo out completely from trial but being able to temporarily strike him from the list now and see where things go is a lot better than looking at the whole field and saying that anyone could be suspect. He is one player out of many and his odds of being town are higher than everyone else's (aside from the known flips of Sky and Flame, of course).

The fact that we have to entertain it even further due to Launch, someone who was with you through thick and thin during the first half of this day is even more worrying. It all smells of a group effort to get Camjo voted out but with all of the sign posts just saying convenience and coincidence.

Ok, kind of a perfect situation for my action. Leave it as is.

As for Mazre, like I've said, I'm not convinced. However, because Sorian is right (I know you never thought I'd admit that), I will keep the vote from splitting to the best of my ability. It is rather precarious right now, though. 6-4. Anyone could switch over and ruin it.

As for Mazre, like I've said, I'm not convinced. However, because Sorian is right (I know you never thought I'd admit that), I will keep the vote from splitting to the best of my ability. It is rather precarious right now, though. 6-4. Anyone could switch over and ruin it.
Should I swap over to Mazre to make it a clean 7-3?

Sorian

Banned

There it is, my win condition has been met, time to go home!

/s

I don't like the Mazre vote, I like the Camjo vote even less. Mazre at least sheds some light though and maybe I'm reading him wrong and he is actually scum. The point though is that if push comes to shove, I'm voting to save Camjo because anyone else against him is more likely to be scum (barring a vote between myself and Camjo, I know my alignment and I'm not on board with that suicide vote just because things look bleak, I know I'm town, even if I think Camjo is 99.9%, that still isn't 100%).

Sorian

Banned
Because I've beat that single point to death and your post didn't really add anything new to the equation. Someone from the bolded is scum, you presented it slightly different by adding in the odds portion of the argument but at the end of the day, whenever I've tried to push Karu I don't really get much in return from him nor do I see much cropping up from others. Which is what I would expect from a scum member, no one picking at it too much, hoping it'll blow under. I'm still not sold on Mazre and I'm willing to play ball because it looks like we can start something.

VOTE: Karu

As a last dig, I just want to re-quote myself here. This is what has happened with Karu all day long. Someone says something to maybe throw shade at him (weemad comes to mind, Ty4on in this example) and I see the case, I like the case, it feels the right kind of off, the kind where scum is wrapped in that inactivity. And I think maybe the ball can get rolling and stroking my own ego or not, I can usually get balls rolling but nothing happens. It evaporates, people disappear or just straight ignore it and it falls by the wayside again. It's indicative sometimes of a mislynch when it gains traction so easily, of course town is in there but scum is helping behind the scenes to push that mislynch. The inverse is true as well, sometimes the there are cases that just do not get off the ground, why? Because that usual element trying to sow discord isn't wanting to do it.

I may have skimmed the last couple pages, but I'm relatively caught up.

FluxWaveZ [m]
The suicide/"I'm scum" thing is frustrating, and the player replacement is a tad disconcerting, if only because we need to put this player's interrogation on pause. As soon as their replacement catches up, we need to take it from the top with them. Perhaps a different player's perspective can shed some light on what's going on here. If Camjo is not mafia, Flux's near-turboing is a promising sign of Town. Unfortunately, this is still a ?/5 Town stars, though.
I'm not going to lie, reading Flux's early posts and having his old role PM is a bit ... odd. Granted, I'm looking back at it all instead of being caught up in it, but still. I'm not sure this next bit is going to help the situation, but...

It can be done with less votes, but 3 is ideal. If it's a concern, we can wait and see who will be lynched to decide who puts their votes on the specific player.
If you still need a guinea pig, I volunteer. I've caught up on the thread, but until I've had more time to actually interact with everyone, I won't really be able to get a read list going. I might as well be useful, hopefully to a townie, in the mean time.

Coppanuva

Meh, I needed a vote down. I'm still not sure I want either lynched today, but if I have to pick one of the two I'd honestly prefer Camjo. I'm also curious where Launch's thing goes.

Top Bottom