• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

Ty4on

True though NX taught me that you should never hammer someone when you are the neutral on the off chance that you could have a very bad time.

If I'm the neutral and Trigger told the truth you also know I've PM'd Roy a lot and know exactly when I win. *cough* batsnacks-Magnum *cough* :p

I know you were a cow licking, MS supporter, but I never fully read NX. Didn't you win though?

If I'm the neutral and Trigger told the truth you also know I've PM'd Roy a lot and know exactly when I win. *cough* batsnacks-Magnum *cough* :p

I know you were a cow licking, MS supporter, but I never fully read NX. Didn't you win though?
Have you tried Amazon Prime?
It's an amazing service

Fireblend

Banned
What a clusterfuck. I'm still on my cel, but I'm all caught up. We have no chance but trusting Trigger due to a lack of a counter claim, and ty makes an excellent point - my vote is already on Coppa though. Sorian countering with whether strange would know how he wins or not sounds super odd, I'd expect him to know and be hammering Sorian like Ty said.

Sorian, your post about me being suspicious is ridiculously fishy. I've been "coasting" this game because of mostly your and wee's town reads, something I've complained about before. I'd need extra fingers to count the times you've said you agree with me. Not only that I'm currently voting Copa, someone you claim to be sure is scum. It feels to me like you're flip flopping looking for an out here and it doesn't seem good.

On the other hand I find Karu's posts odd, I actually think discussing what our next steps are going to be after you potentially flip to be useful. Or at least prompting everyone to think about that.

Sorian

Banned

I had the choice of hammering two players at the end to win. I did choose correctly and won but if I had hammered the other person I would have died because they were a lynch bomb. You'll notice that I almost never hammer a vote now because of that unless I am 100% ok with potentially dying.

roytheone

Day 4 votes

coppanuva (4)
sorian 2388
xamtheking 2394 (2567)
fireblend 2450 (2608)
karu 2503
ty4on 2735
xamtheking 2749

sorian (6)
camjo-z 2420
weemadarthur 2423 (2493)
coppanuva 2433
cornburrito 2477
el topo 2547
weemadarthur 2561
launchpadmcq 2563 (2612)
launchpadmcq 2710

weemadarthur (0)
el topo 2448 (2547)
ty4on 2451 (2482)
ty4on 2674 (2735)

fireblend (0)
ty4on 2482 (2537)

ty4on (1)
launchpadmcq 2498 (2563)
xamtheking 2567 (2749)
fireblend 2608

trigger (0)
ty4on 2537 (2674)

xamtheking (0)
trigger 2688 (2756)

7 votes are needed for majority!
bla_1460494800.png

Also
Guys
Look at me I was right
Haha
Also
Here is an idea
I think all the scum and the neutral are voting on sorian right now, because if one of them wasn't, they would hammer it in now and win the game. Or the neutral isn't voting and doesn't want to hammer.
So, the people who aren't voting for Sorian right now I think are either town or neutral

Sorian

Banned
What a clusterfuck. I'm still on my cel, but I'm all caught up. We have no chance but trusting Trigger due to a lack of a counter claim, and ty makes an excellent point - my vote is already on Coppa though. Sorian countering with whether strange would know how he wins or not sounds super odd, I'd expect him to know and be hammering Sorian like Ty said.

Sorian, your post about me being suspicious is ridiculously fishy. I've been "coasting" this game because of mostly your and wee's town reads, something I've complained about before. I'd need extra fingers to count the times you've said you agree with me. Not only that I'm currently voting Copa, someone you claim to be sure is scum. It feels to me like you're flip flopping looking for an out here and it doesn't seem good.

On the other hand I find Karu's posts odd, I actually think discussing what our next steps are going to be after you potentially flip to be useful. Or at least prompting everyone to think about that.

To the bolded, I'm not saying the neutral doesn't know their win condition, read my new post above.

As far as my suspicion of you, I'm running out of suspects and I'm basically saying that I'm adding you back in because it's starting to make no sense that no scum is turning up. I'm not looking for an out on Coppa. I am staying right here because I think I am right but I'm making other guesses as well for the continuation of the game. Voting for scum at this stage doesn't really mean much. We're on day 4 with nothing to show for it, scum could bus easily right now and probably still coast to a win. Coppa was number two on votes yesterday and if someone had wanted they could have swung it at Coppa instead of gryvan. Scum is probably aware that they had to be ready to bus today. I'm also aware that if you were scum and thought the game was over then you would be turboing me right now as well.

Fireblend

Banned
To the bolded, I'm not saying the neutral doesn't know their win condition, read my new post above.

As far as my suspicion of you, I'm running out of suspects and I'm basically saying that I'm adding you back in because it's starting to make no sense that no scum is turning up. I'm not looking for an out on Coppa. I am staying right here because I think I am right but I'm making other guesses as well for the continuation of the game. Voting for scum at this stage doesn't really mean much. We're on day 4 with nothing to show for it, scum could bus easily right now and probably still coast to a win. Coppa was number two on votes yesterday and if someone had wanted they could have swung it at Coppa instead of gryvan. Scum is probably aware that they had to be ready to bus today. I'm also aware that if you were scum and thought the game was over then you would be turboing me right now as well.

If there's something that's turned me off about this game it's been the meta gaming. As I said, I wouldn't have voted for Wee for being some syllables off, I'm not one to get into game balance discussions, and I'm not going to accept people being scared of a potential lynch bomb as a super reasonable argument, it almost feels like you're trying to scare someone.

And I didn't mean an out on Copa, I meant it seemed like you were looking for something that would make it seem like you are town and get some votes off you like some new innovative reads that sound like you're flip flopping.

Ty4on

Also
Guys
Look at me I was right
Haha
Also
Here is an idea
I think all the scum and the neutral are voting on sorian right now, because if one of them wasn't, they would hammer it in now and win the game. Or the neutral isn't voting and doesn't want to hammer.
So, the people who aren't voting for Sorian right now I think are either town or neutral
Sorian could still be scum. He has pushed Coppa a lot, but still prefered a Kark/gryvan lynch yesterday.

Sorian

Banned
If there's something that's turned me off about this game it's been the meta gaming. As I said, I wouldn't have voted for Wee for being some syllables off, I'm not one to get into game balance discussions, and I'm not going to accept people being scared of a potential lynch bomb as a super reasonable argument, it almost feels like you're trying to scare someone.

And I didn't mean an out on Copa, I meant it seemed like you were looking for something that would make it seem like you are town and get some votes off you like some new innovative reads that sound like you're flip flopping.

No, I'm not saying it's a super reasonable argument but I am saying that if I was the neutral, I would not be hammering and that is why. I don't expect other people to think that way but Ty4on asked a question and I gave a very possible reasoning. Ty4on presented an argument where it would be impossible for him to be the neutral because of X and I pointed out that X wasn't exactly air tight.

As for the second part, lol no. I'm quite aware that I am fucked in this situation. Nothing I do is going to swing votes at this stage, I know my limits in convincing people and I hold no sway in this game anymore. The most I can do is voice any of my suspicions and hope that the game doesn't end after my lynch so that maybe people can go back and see what I was saying without the veil of thinking I was lying.

Ty4on

I had the choice of hammering two players at the end to win. I did choose correctly and won but if I had hammered the other person I would have died because they were a lynch bomb. You'll notice that I almost never hammer a vote now because of that unless I am 100% ok with potentially dying.

Ah. I never think about lynch bombs because the idea almost stopped town from lynching obvious scum in MGS.

Sorian

Banned
Ah. I never think about lynch bombs because the idea almost stopped town from lynching obvious scum in MGS.

Town shouldn't be thinking/worrying about lynch bombs, a neutral would have reason to worry though since if they die, the game is done for them. (I'm not a lynch bomb, I'm not telling anyone to be afraid of a lynch bomb, I'm explaining why a neutral would be hesitating at hammering).

Gryvan wasn't helping with his being vague about what turned out to be bellyrubs

This was the real tipping point for me on both Kark and gryvan. Neither wanted to just tell us how the roleblocking made any sense with Ace. If anyone told me it was belly rubs I probably would have believed them instantly since Roy has been making belly rub jokes since Woof 1. I only question flavor when it makes no sense and Ace being a role blocker was not immediately apparent why.

Ty4on

Gryvan wasn't helping with his being vague about what turned out to be bellyrubs

Eh, I don't see what was so scummy about that. He didn't seem to be evading the question like Coppa has done today. Scum will usually try to rationalize their role one way or the other and not just go:
[...]
And if your not sure why Ace is a roleblocker...I mean I am a dog...so...

thats the only thing i can give you because flavor text itself sounds terrible

------------------

The neutral who's not hammering Sorian could also have been AFK. He'd have to be AFK for a while though.
Do you know why you have the tracking ability, Trigger?

Eh, I don't see what was so scummy about that. He didn't seem to be evading the question like Coppa has done today. Scum will usually try to rationalize their role one way or the other and not just go:
I mean like
That on it's own is probably not an issue
But it is compounded tenfold by kark's behavior

Sorian

Banned

gryvan was most certainly evading the question, he straight said he felt like he shouldn't say more. Kark also refused to answer the question. Not like this matters, what's done is done but if I'm going to be knocked for going Kark/gryvan over Coppa then it's worth me pointing to why.

Ty4on

I mean like
That on it's own is probably not an issue
But it is compounded tenfold by kark's behavior

Nah. Tons of hindsight, but that right there is very townie IMO. It's on point and there's no doubt in his reply.
Reminds me a bit of Redhood in Heist who joked around a lot despite being one of the top suspects.

Nah. Tons of hindsight, but that right there is very townie IMO. It's on point and there's no doubt in his reply.
Reminds me a bit of Redhood in Heist who joked around a lot despite being one of the top suspects.
I think we might have been so aggravated at kark by that point
Dunno

Ty4on

gryvan was most certainly evading the question, he straight said he felt like he shouldn't say more. Kark also refused to answer the question. Not like this matters, what's done is done but if I'm going to be knocked for going Kark/gryvan over Coppa then it's worth me pointing to why.

If he'd evaded it he could have used the fake claim I provided (so cute they got distracted). He's directly confirming that it doesn't make much sense.
I think we might have been so aggravated at kark by that point
Dunno

Love Boat :p

Fireblend

Banned

I disagree. He knew this was something people wanted to know, why not just provide the flavor and maybe that'd mean getting a couple votes off him and onto Copa? What's done is done, but I agree with Xam and Sorian, his actions made no sense when he continued being as evasive and obscure as Kart knowing he could've attempted to clear up major questions we had about him. Whatever tho.

Ty4on

I disagree. He knew this was something people wanted to know, why not just provide the flavor and maybe that'd mean getting a couple votes off him and onto Copa? What's done is done, but I agree with Xam and Sorian, his actions made no sense when he continued being as evasive and obscure as Kart knowing he could've attempted to clear up major questions we had about him. Whatever tho.
His actions didn't make much sense as scum. I had already provided a reasonable fake claim he could have used. Presumably as scum he would have had a team helping him come up with something.
Evasion would IMO have been not answering or rationalizing why he couldn't. His reply did nothing to stop people from asking and failed to evade it. To me it would have been very counter intuitive to answer like that as scum about to be lynched. I would have revealed the fluff in his position, but I'm much more used to town giving up than scum.

Well, this was a big deal to wake up to.
I can accept Trigger's claim. He denied Karkador's role playing as batman.
Although I wonder what you knew about your puppy to make you support Karkador, I'm not sure it matters more than finding Hugo Strange.

I'm going to go back and look at who mostly defended trigger and read him as town.

Oh yeah, where the fuck did all the super useful and great and mindblowing and vital read lists go? You know, the main reason for lynching me on D1? I guess you all just had a friggin' epiphany, eh?

I've given mine.
I think Sorian, ty, and launchpad are scum.
See Ty4on currently wasting time talking about how we should have recognized kark s town, rather than looking for scum or the neutral.

Sorian

Banned
Although I wonder what you knew about your puppy to make you support Karkador, I'm not sure it matters more than finding Hugo Strange.

Trigger didn't have shit for reasoning on supporting Kark. He had Coppa visiting him which didn't/doesn't mean much.

I'm more quoting this for the second half of the sentence though. What do you think is more important, finding scum or finding Strange?

Sorian

Banned
Until the start of Night 4.

Actually, I have another issue. Why did you claim this? If you are dying tonight anyway, why even tell us? You are a tracker which should be a worry for scum. You could have potentially drawn a night kill on the same night you were dying anyway, thus wasting scum's NK. And don't say it's all a gambit to keep yourself alive longer because then you wouldn't have thrown in all of this Hugo Strange stuff as that would just make people chase that instead of chasing scum.

Trigger didn't have shit for reasoning on supporting Kark. He had Coppa visiting him which didn't/doesn't mean much.

I'm more quoting this for the second half of the sentence though. What do you think is more important, finding scum or finding Strange?

I think both are important. Numbers wise:

12 left, using 4 mafia for worst case

Lynch a scum, lose a town in the night plus batman:
9 left. Maybe 8 if the strange leaves.
Scum reduced from 4 to 3.
8 to 3 are left at worst case.

Lynch strange, Normal mafia kill.
10 left, 4 mafia.

Lynch town
Lose batman plus night kill plus maybe strange
8 left, with 4 mafia game is already over. Unless strange doesn't leave the game.

So it would extend the game to lynch Strange. But lynching a town member is absolutely not okay here. Between lynching neutral or scum, we get benefit either way but we need to be very sure the candidate isn't town. Finding one neutral would be harder than finding any of 3 or 4 scum. It's worth looking for the number advantage.

Camjo-Z

Ty4on, you avoided having to take a stance on the Kark lynch by leaping on the Launch plan unprovoked, so I'm not sure why you're trying to get brownie points now... or am I.

Let's take a few people off the "likely to be maf" shortlist.

Camjo-Z (mayor)
El topo (confirmed by cop)
CornBurrito (didn't move on N3)
Trigger (claimed Batman)
weemadarthur [shitty gambit + didn't move on N1)

This leaves just a few people.

Coppanuva - claims sleepwalker
Fireblend
Karu
Sorian - claims strong windup vig
LaunchpadMcQ - claims group investigator
Ty4on
Xamtheking - claims doc

BTW, take a look at the recent votecount...

coppanuva (4)
sorian 2388
fireblend 2450 (2608)
karu 2503
ty4on 2735
xamtheking 2749

sorian (6)
camjo-z 2420
coppanuva 2433
cornburrito 2477
el topo 2547
weemadarthur 2561
launchpadmcq 2710

Notice how players' presumed aligments seem to be matching up almost perfectly to who they're voting? The townies are on Sorian, the unconfirmed are (or were) on Coppa. Interesting!

VOTE: Sorian

Ty4on

Ty4on, you avoided having to take a stance on the Kark lynch by leaping on the Launch plan unprovoked, so I'm not sure why you're trying to get brownie points now... or am I.
What are you talking about?
I tried to push people voting Kark/gryvan yesterday because I struggled to see how they were scum.
I don't care what good Kark has done
Or how he all of a sudden made a run
What makes him scum?
I agree some things were dumb,
but we're talking of someone fake claiming cop for fun

[...]
I totally agree that he wouldn't stop posting gambits of he turned scum. I do find his stubbornness yesterday when you argued on whether or not Camjo was confirmed town very weird for a scum to be in though. Sure, it ended up making Launch suspicious of you, but I'm used to scum rarely getting into fights like that unless they have to. Why would he care so much about it as scum? Maybe if they have a Joker on their team that they really want to keep alive.

There isn't any scum Kark to compare him to, but I don't see a big shift from town Kark.
I never managed to have a full town read on him, but I always struggled to see how he could be scum and wanted to lynch Coppa over him.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the fact that for a good portion of today, Ty and Coppa weren't voting for each other. If they believe Launch's list to be true, why in the world would the town portion of the pair not be voting for someone who's in their eyes guaranteed to be non-town? Launch, why are you not pointing this out? Why does it seem like I trust your list more than you do? How does this fit any narrative other than something really weird going on?

Why has no one hammered Sorian? Specially after Trigger's revelation.

Too many people have voted Sorian for me to believe the scum team isn't happy about this outcome. I'm staying on Coppa. Congrats scum team if you've truly led me astray in my beliefs and discovered my weak point: Logical reasoning.

Ty4on

Notice how players' presumed aligments seem to be matching up almost perfectly to who they're voting? The townies are on Sorian, the unconfirmed are (or were) on Coppa. Interesting!

VOTE: Sorian
They could both be scum. It Coppa flips scum, don't ignore Sorian just because he scum read Coppa a lot. He didn't follow through yesterday when he instead pushed Kark.

From my perspective though a Sorian lynch over Coppa still doesn't make sense. I haven't found a reason not to trust Launch.

Let's looking at who's voting for Sorian right now
sorian (6)
camjo-z 2420 - I believe he's town
coppanuva 2433 - He's probably scum since ty4on hasn't hammered
cornburrito 2477 - Just because he didn't visit anyone N3 doesn't mean he's town
el topo 2547 - 100% positive town
weemadarthur 2561 - Maybe not town, possibly, because scum know about powers and can make fake powers to their advantage
launchpadmcq 2710 - I believe he's town

So my top scum right now, I guess, is Coppa and CornB/Weemad

Fireblend

Banned
Because Scum has already voted for Sorian and either the neutral is also voting or doesn't want to hammer

I don't think so. You seriously are willing to town-read everyone voting Coppa right now when, if he's scum, it's highly likely scum was ready to bus him today? You think they'd risk tunneling Sorian when it's likely this isn't game over, specially since they didn't know about the Hugo business? No way.

Ty4on

I'd like to get everyone's opinion on the fact that for a good portion of today, Ty and Coppa weren't voting for each other. If they believe Launch's list to be true, why in the world would the town portion of the pair not be voting for someone who's in their eyes guaranteed to be non-town? Launch, why are you not pointing this out? Why does it seem like I trust your list more than you do? How does this fit any narrative other than something really weird going on?
How many times do I have to answer this? I wanted to flesh out my reads to find as many scum or town as possible. Coppa already got the first votes when the day started so I didn't think town would lynch someone else. If we lynch Coppa and he flips scum this could easily be my last day here and town still had 2-3 scum to lynch.
When I started the day I was mostly focused on Wee because of her limericks.

I don't think so. You seriously are willing to town-read everyone voting Coppa right now when, if he's scum, it's highly likely scum was ready to bus him today? You think they'd risk tunneling Sorian when it's likely this isn't game over, specially since they didn't know about the Hugo business? No way.
But here's the thing
They aren't going to attract suspicion right now UNLESS they move their votes off Sorian
They can't easily get out of the position they are in

Fireblend

Banned
How many times do I have to answer this? I wanted to flesh out my reads to find as many scum or town as possible. Coppa already got the first votes when the day started so I didn't think town would lynch someone else. If we lynch Coppa and he flips scum this could easily be my last day here and town still had 2-3 scum to lynch.
When I started the day I was mostly focused on Wee because of her limericks.

I know you already answered, I wasn't asking you in particular. It was more aimed towards people who're voting for Sorian or ignoring the scenario altogether. You're acting as I expect you to and actually are the one player making sense right now, sorry if I didn't make it clear :p

Fireblend

Banned
But here's the thing
They aren't going to attract suspicion right now UNLESS they move their votes off Sorian
They can't easily get out of the position they are in

Sure, scum voting Sorian may not want to remove their vote obviously since it's to their advantage.

But that's a far cry from stating that all of the scum team is on Sorian, I'm sure you're able to tell the difference.

Ty4on

I know you already answered, I wasn't asking you in particular. It was more aimed towards people who're voting for Sorian or ignoring the scenario altogether. You're acting as I expect you to and actually are the one player making sense right now, sorry if I didn't make it clear :p
Why did you throw shade at me if I'm "making sense"?

Sure, scum voting Sorian may not want to remove their vote obviously since it's to their advantage.

But that's a far cry from stating that all of the scum team is on Sorian, I'm sure you're able to tell the difference.
Then tell me where the scum team is
Do you think the people voting for Coppa are scum?

Trigger

Actually, I have another issue. Why did you claim this? If you are dying tonight anyway, why even tell us? You are a tracker which should be a worry for scum. You could have potentially drawn a night kill on the same night you were dying anyway, thus wasting scum's NK. And don't say it's all a gambit to keep yourself alive longer because then you wouldn't have thrown in all of this Hugo Strange stuff as that would just make people chase that instead of chasing scum.

I'm just giving town all the information I have? I don't think scum will be able to target me tonight anyway. I'm just going to be removed at the beginning of the night. I was under the impression that my immunity only applies for the previous nights.

Fireblend

Banned

Some of them could well be. They might have been willing to bus Coppa today, and with the support the Sorian vote has, it's unlikely they want to tunnel him if, as far as they're aware, it won't immediately win them the game.

Why did you throw shade at me if I'm "making sense"?

Where did I do that? I was doubting you earlier when you were not voting for Coppa, and I've been null-reading you for most of the game, but right now since you're voting the other half of the pair I see nothing particularly wrong with your actions. I had to mention you in my previous post because you were part of the scenario. I wanted reactions from people outside of it.

Sorian

Banned

A smart scum team would be splitting their vote, from my perspective it doesn't seem that way unless there is afk issues here but I've also stopped assuming that scum teams are smart awhile ago.

I will give you that a smart scum team would split the vote, and I would agree with you
But here is the issue
The instant Trigger claimed
THE INSTANT
Scum would have hammered if they had a vote left
They have a 100% kill on me tonight and they would have won the game in the morning
Or do you guys want to do your math again

Sorian

Banned
I'm just giving town all the information I have? I don't think scum will be able to target me tonight anyway. I'm just going to be removed at the beginning of the night. I was under the impression that my immunity only applies for the previous nights.

Hmm, true. I always assume neutrals and stuff having to do with neutrals all take place at the beginning of day phases but you are saying this would all go down at the end of the day phase/beginning of night phase.

Fireblend

Banned
And to add to my previous response to Xam: If it won't outright win them the game, they'd much rather have someone other than them bring down the hammer on Sorian. You yourself offered to end the day earlier - if you're town that sounds like a pretty cool freebie for scum, they might as well be waiting for you to make that offer again and end the day for them.

Sorian

Banned
I will give you that a smart scum team would split the vote, and I would agree with you
But here is the issue
The instant Trigger claimed
THE INSTANT
Scum would have hammered if they had a vote left
They have a 100% kill on me tonight and they would have won the game in the morning
Or do you guys want to do your math again

Well Launch seems to believe that it's only a scum team of 3 so that is one explanation because then it wouldn't be over. They also just might not believe Trigger's story. That would be hinging a lot on a very shakey story.

Top Bottom