• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

Where did this idea that "spell 1 is for one God and spell 2 for the other" come from?

Didn't someone (Zipped/Ocean?) say that spell 1 will give us a word for spell 2, and spell 2 will kill "a" god if correctly used?

Someone else can check that please

cabot

I miss Gorlak

Fucking scum

Mad-Men-Roger-Hug-Two-Glasses.gif

Kyanrute

Your soda bottles lay opened, their contents like dirty sewage water, unrefreshing. Here I stand, dancing in our little cave. I walk to our fridge and open a fresh, cold bottle of Pepsi.

Ahh. My thirst is quenched.

Where did this idea that "spell 1 is for one God and spell 2 for the other" come from?

Didn't someone (Zipped/Ocean?) say that spell 1 will give us a word for spell 2, and spell 2 will kill "a" god if correctly used?

Someone else can check that please
But seriously, I had a dream last night detailing how gods can be removed the game.

Although I'm 99% sure that the instructions could have been given to mafia too, it consists of a spell that will banish a god. Downsides are that 1) It's a 3 part spell, 2) there are two different versions and 3) If used wrong it will kill the user

This question is IMMEDIATELY followed by a quote from my own "final post"
11 mins later, not immediately, just saying.

How many times have I asked for the benefit to a Seath lynch?
How many more before someone answers?

comeon.png

Swamped

Banned
I am the one that didn't vote for OceanicAir, and believed this to be because of the dream that he received, which I also received which lead me to believe he was town (because I am town), and you guys are voting for me?

Why the hell is Splinter still alive having claimed cop?

How!?

In a game with three potential scum players, a cop town player would be deadly for them and given that the doctor is dead and so is the holy Ward player, it would make sense to go after him.

But I guess, go ahead and lynch me...

In the meantime,

vote: *Splinter

But Seath, Splinter claimed 3 shot, and said he used all three. If scum believed him, they'd have no reason to kill him.

Yet I know scum has the potential to turbo me, so gg scum.

Your soda bottles lay opened, their contents like dirty sewage water, unrefreshing. Here I stand, dancing in our little cave. I walk to our fridge and open a fresh, cold bottle of Pepsi.

Ahh. My thirst is quenched.

Ummm I thonk Kyan is having a breakdown? I'm kinda reluctant to vote for him, he might be P. Although we are in Mylo so it would be ok I guess.

Sophia, I suggest you be more wary of Zeke too. I get the feeling you're trusting him too much. And i feel like he's playing up being your ally. It's not safe...

Swamped

Banned
Crap, this is what I get for posting from mobile. I had a comment with that Seath post I quoted.

Seath, Splinter claimed 3 shot, and said he used all three. If scum believed him, they'd likely not kill him.

Kyanrute

Hello, is this god? Yes, just wanted to say that you can trust me and in everything I say. Certainly, there is a purpose even in the strangest of things.

O yea blarg -
And apparently, I lack the power to execute that information myself, as evidenced by my sordid display Yesterday (and admittedly, I mixed the word streams, so there's that).

9166140f74697ccb09414189e013e7e7.png

So you can use it.

Hello, is this god? Yes, just wanted to say that you can trust me and in everything I say. Certainly, there is a purpose even in the strangest of things.

Uhm, after we test Seath, depending on results I think we should look more into Kyan. idk if this is a play to seem scummy so we lynch him over Seath. But if Seath is a god that doesn't make sense. Unless Kyan is the god and wants us to lynch him over Seath to cause a no lynch.

Sophia

Sophia, I suggest you be more wary of Zeke too. I get the feeling you're trusting him too much. And i feel like he's playing up being your ally. It's not safe...

Hmm.... you know what? I've been thinking at the back of my head for awhile now that Ezekel might be trying to play up that angle. I've brought it up a few times before that we should look into him, and yet nobody seems to want to give him too much thought.

Seeing as I'm gonna be here the entire day, and you appear to be interested in proposing stuff like this, I'll say this to you now:

Convince me.

Convince me why he's scum, who his scum buddies are. Show me the weak points in his arguments. Show me where he's playing up being my ally.

And seeing as you don't have Splinter in your scum list as far as I can tell, explain to me why he can't be scum. Because, after the sarcastic nonsense that was this post form Splinter, I don't really feel like trusting him at all right now.

Sophia you're going Day2 again. Please don't go Day2 again.

I don't like being talked down to like this, and I don't like the fact that it's been and on-and-off criticism from Splinter of me since mid day 3 doesn't inspire confidence in me either.

You say this in every post. I don't give a shit if I look good or not, I'm trying to find scum. I wasn't even interested in defending Gorlak there I was trying to work out why Zeke would find his actions so unbelievable. Does Zeke really think that's a lynch worthy argument or is he saying stupid shit on purpose? I can't tell.

See this is my problem. I do something clearly stupid and """""anti town""""" and see who jumps on it, and then the confirmed townie goes for it every time. Are you hunting for scum or """""bad play"""""?

This isn't WIFOM, this is 200 posts building to a single claim. You either think its inconsistent or you think its planned from the start or its real. I'm not asking you to flip a coin here, I'm asking you to look over these actions and judge whether you think I'm town or not.

And you of all people can spare me a lecture on poor play.
I wish you hadn't mentioned that in your initial reveal. It's mentioned in my PM too and would have been useful if you hadnt already revealed it.

That's just a comment for future games. Consider what you share.

You know why I've been a bit trusting of Ezekel? Of Blarg? Of Dragonz? Because they're not doing THIS bullshit. They're not constantly criticizing my play over and over, or throwing insults at me. I can actually toss an idea out, or propose a question, and not get cow dung thrown back at me.

So, convince me, Swamped. Ball's in your court, and I'll be here the entire day phase. I can't win this game alone, and the seeds for suspecting Ezekel are already there, I just need to hear a good argument.

I'm gonna read back through the thread and see why I shouldn't be trusting Ezekel for my own argument, but I want to hear it from you too.

Sophia

Also.

Knock it off.

We know you're only doing this because people suspect you're scum and the voting dictate has made it difficult-to-impossible to lynch you today. You're not fooling anyone right now. :\

Kyanrute

Also.

Knock it off.

We know you're only doing this because people suspect you're scum and the voting dictate has made it difficult-to-impossible to lynch you today. You're not fooling anyone right now. :\

You know nothing and it entertains me greatly.

Swamped

Banned
wtf are you talking about? Give me an example, plz?

I'm gonna read back through the thread and see why I shouldn't be trusting Ezekel for my own argument, but I want to hear it from you too.

I was looking at Zeke more deeply, and I do have a lot to say about him. I'm on my phone right now though, but I'll get to it tonight.

Out of my 4 scum candidates, only two have votes on them (Seath and Zeke). So while I'm fine with voting Seath, I wanted to show you all why Zeke must be scum too given that the next day phase will be Mylo too.

Sophia

I was looking at Zeke more deeply, and I do have a lot to say about him. I'm on my phone right now though, but I'll get to it tonight.

Out of my 4 scum candidates, only two have votes on them (Seath and Zeke). So while I'm fine with voting Seath, I wanted to show you all why Zeke must be scum too given that the next day phase will be Mylo too.

I'll be waiting to hear it then.

Says he would've preferred a non OA lynch. Also, only 3 ppl had a vote before he said he was voting OA.
No there were six votes before mine when I voted. One of them being yours.

Notice in he says he prefers early voting here AND wants to see how ppl are gonna vote for. It seems to be just to bandwagon on them. Also he says here voting early is better, but said earlier that it was a problem "for his tastes".
I said I wanted early voting, as in not doing a last minute vote. I wanted votes in a couple hours before the deadline so that there were no surprises.

Now you care about the possibilties of checking for Persi? When N3 was the PERFECT time to check for him. LOL. The excuse you used to choose Swamped over Seath doesn't even make sense.

If you ignore them I'm just gonna think you just spewed random things with nothing at all the back them up.
My reasoning makes perfect sense. I don't get how you can say I'm spewing random things after your arguments over Gorlak, Splinter, and now me.

Game balance. If we're both scum, then town had the deck stacked against them.

No there were six votes before mine when I voted. One of them being yours.
When you said you were going to follow Splinter's vote, there were only 3 votes. Splint/Seath/OA.

I said I wanted early voting, as in not doing a last minute vote. I wanted votes in a couple hours before the deadline so that there were no surprises.
I guess I can see that, maybe you should be more clear in your posts?
My reasoning makes perfect sense. I don't get how you can say I'm spewing random things after your arguments over Gorlak, Splinter, and now me.
O joy, another poster who instead of makes a decent argument, just tries to discredit the poster addressing him. I outlined why Seath wouldve been the best target for N3 and how you wouldve still been able to claim with Zipped.

What bad theories from this day phase? I know you say one is You/Splint on same scum team. Which your only defense is "game balance". What is the other?

Can you point to a post this day phase of me doubting your power?

Kyan isn't even pretending to try to appear helpful to town. We could push for his turbo, and see who doesn't want to vote for him.

I don't think it's a coincidence he started this as the Seath vote was gaining traction. Looking at ystrday's vote. He was also the one to close off the option of Seath ystrday.

Kyanrute

What do you think of diet Pepsi?

How can you describe the divine itself with words? It is beyond senses. Beyond time. Beyond all.

I only wish you all could experience it. Through me, you can do it. Do it. I shall share the gift. We will be one with Pepsi.

I don't think it's a coincidence he started this as the Seath vote was gaining traction. Looking at ystrday's vote. He was also the one to close off the option of Seath ystrday.

Well, if Kyan was purposely acting to direct attention away from Seath, wouldn't that mean Kyan was the god and not Seath? It's possible I guess.

Other option is that perhaps Kyan is just getting cocky that it's so hard to lynch him today. It can still be done if we turbo him soon, and we threaten to punish anyone who doesn't vote him.

Please complete at your leisure. Scum, consult to make sure you have a good mix of bussing and not bussing and that your lists are different enough to not appear suspicious.

Giant Panda's scum list:

• Zeke
  • Swamped
  • Seath
  • Kyan
  • Dragonz
Swamped's scum list:
  • Zeke
  • Kyan
  • Dragonz
  • Seath
Zeke's scum list:
  • Seath
  • GP
  • Splinter
  • Kyan
Sophia's scum list:

• Seath
  • Splinter
  • GP
  • Kyan
Seath's scum list:

• Splinter
  • Kyan
Blargonaut's scum list:

Dragonz's scum list:

Kyanrute's scum list:

Splinter's scum list:

Mind if you explain your train of logic as to why he isn't Peripseros?
We have seen nothing that says gods can perform actions in the daytime. LP didnt say nething about having another power other than dictates. I'm assuming the double vote would count as a separate power.

Top Bottom