• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Of Gods and Men [Mafia] | Ambrosia In Front Of Me

*Splinter

Panda it was just something that stood out to me on D3. I haven't had a chance to properly look at your response yet but I'll come back to it later

It's hard going back to the first few days because it was so easy to tunnel on Darryl, Gorlak, and FEP, who were all town.

I found a couple mildly interesting posts from Zeke:

Unvote
Hmm, gonna choose between the two main focuses of the day, can go back on Seath next day phase.

Of the choice of Gorlak/FEP. Gorlak has done a decent job at defending himself and and he is active.

FEP - A little too defensive. It also struck me odd on his comment about how he did a google search or w/e about the names to defend himself. I think that was him, will go back and check to make sure.

Vote: flatearthpandas

No way of knowing that since she posted the command after day end.

Not gonna bother with a day vote thing since it was a neutral. Today's vote will definitley be interesting.

Gods making edicts?

Vote:Seath

In league game, will go into more detail aftewards

Not convinced you were lying, but still the possibility. Especially with how you played everything. Not ever mentioning your command until after someone else mentioned it. Even leaving a HW in the bottom of one of your posts randomly wouldve been good enough for something you can point back on. Being very defensive and calling ppl dimwits. Still think it should be you and FEP for the lynches. Still think a flip for you would give the most information. With how Splinter/LP are so sure you are town when even you admitted you misplayed a bit.

Darryl - As Crimson pointed out, Darryl's role can be proven within the next day phase when he sends out the invites. So we should probably hold off lynching him until next day phase. I imagine that was the whole thing about him saying his power would show with enough time. Either way his flip will tell us if his thoughts/push on Gorlak was for the benefit of town or some other agenda.

======
Also would like to look more into freakinchair 2mrw. He claims that there has to be scum in the FEP vote w/o even mentioning that there could be scum in the Darryl vote as well. Which he happens to be on. He believes Darryl's PR but spins it in a way to make him seem Neutral/Scum. When it could be a big thing for town, allowing us to better plan out strategies and discuss information with the possibility of scum not seeing it. Why/How is he so sure that FEP is town when he has been lying this whole day phase.

The "realization" he is talking about is FEP's command not being in Zip's list. The point about them being so close together doesn't really make much sense. If they were all mafia trying to save mafia Darryl then why wouldn't they try to space it out? They have a chat where they time these things. Also there was still over 24hrs left in the day phase. If these votes were for Darryl in the same time he probably wouldn't even bothered mentioning them.

Also I'd like to point out the triple flatearthpandas vote - all within 30 minutes of each other. Two of those posts having barely any sustenance at all and coming to the same "realization". This is at the point where Darryl has the most votes and screams attempted bandwagon to me:

If you have yet to vote or are on the fence you should 100% vote Darryl. My second highest scum read is WhereAreMahDragonz - but its unlikely that the votes will sway that way as well. Scum won't let that happen and I believe we're going to find out if FEP is telling the truth or not. With the way things have been going I believe he is.

Zeke mentioned Chair being a suspect, Chair mentioned Dragonz as a suspect, Chair died that night.

Kevyt

I do not suspect of Zeke being scum, but I do suspect Dragonz could be.

Yet, just lynch me you guys, it's inevitable.

giphy.gif

FEP - didnt see where he claimed or made the comment about dictate.
IDK what you want to know about the 2nd post.
Freak - I thought it was odd and pointed it out

Starting this nightphase, days will last 48 hours and nights will last 24 hours.

seath (5)
gorlak 1902
sophia 1985 (2038)
blargonaut 1986
wherearemahdragonz 1987 (2238)
ezekelrage 2108 (2167)
giant panda 2147
seath 2163 (2174)
kyanrute 2176
seath 2188
sophia 2216 (2234)

sophia (1)
el topo 1903

lone_prodigy (1)
oceanicair 1904

blargonaut (3)
retromg 1905
thegoddamn 1909
robotninjahornets 1910

swamped (2)
royal_flush 1906
roytheone 1908

ezekelrage (2)
crimsonfist 1907
swamped 2242

*splinter (1)
cabot 1911
seath 2024 (2088)

kyanrute (0)
sophia 1916 (1920)
giant panda 2083 (2147)
kyanrute 2087 (2176)
seath 2174 (2188)

Day ends in
blu_1461186000.png

Because this just got asked vie PM:

The idea of the betting game is to predict who will end up with the most votes, not who (if anyone) actually gets removed at the end of the game.

Sophia

Because this just got asked vie PM:

The idea of the betting game is to predict who will end up with the most votes, not who (if anyone) actually gets removed at the end of the game.

So in other words, we could technically all bet & vote Lone Prodigy and all get the benefit huh? Interesting.

Guess the bets shouldn't factor into potentially betting on or voting for a God then.

On topic: Discussion seems to have died. Dragonz said she was going to read over everything and then disappeared, and basically nobody else is jumping on an Ezekel vote. What to make of that I wonder...? Dragonz did say she works nights, so it's possible she fell asleep or something?

Day 1:
Gorlak and FEP are the top vote getters
Both soft-claim near the end of the day
Star bandwagons, is caught and lynched, flips neutral

Night 1: no one dies
Feng/Blarg lightning rods
Gorlak protects self
Crimson protects someone
Mafia kills, absorbs, targets
Darryl invites OA and Swamped, fails due to LR
Zipped views
GP commands view on Sophia

Day 2:
Gorlak, FEP, and Darryl dominate discussion
The above 3 and Sophia claim
FEP and Darryl are lynched, despite a late bandwagon on LP
Both flip town
Dictates: Eagerness means double lynch, Inactivity restricts post count to 10

Night 2: Crimson and Chair die
Gorlak shoots LP, is redirected by scum
Crimson protects someone
Mafia kills, absorbs(?), targets(?)
Zipped views
GP commands protect

Day 3:
Splinter and LP are vote leaders, last-minute swing puts LP in the lead, but he isn't lynched due to being a god
Dictates: Intuition confirm Zipped and Sophia as town, Blindness means N3 actions are ninja

Night 3: Gorlak dies
Gorlak roleblocks(?)
Zipped views
GP commands view

Day 4:
OA and Splinter thunderdome, with a couple late votes on Seath, but OA is locked in late
Splinter claims 3-shot post cop, GP claims captain
OA flips town
Dictates: Honesty lets players send messages to each other, Stubbornness only permits one vote per player for that day

Night 4: Zipped dies
Zipped views
GP commands view

Day 5: ???

Swamped

Banned
Well, you two?

What changed you mind between these posts?

Just because I voted Zeke doesn't mean I'm opposed to a Seath lynch. But once Seath and then Kyan are lynched, there will be: GP, me, Zeke, Dragonz, LP, and Splinter (Scum will probably kill Sophia and Blarg). It's getting easier to narrow down scum, but you need to know with certainty who the remaining 2 are. Because a single mislynch will lose the game. So I wanted to vote Zeke to see reactions, if anyone would jump on it. I guess it didn't work...

All game Zeke has been under very little scrutiny and I wanted to change that.

How about addressing ANY of the issues I responded to you with?

Nahhhh. You're definitely scum.

UGH fine

Can't believe I've been waiting all day for this.
martin3.png

1. Sophia ended up questioning me because of Kyan saying I was scum. So "always avoids Zeke and town reads him" is wrong right off the bat.
2. I don't think I was the only one that didnt send a msg.
3. I didn't go after SS. Gorlak wasnt an "easy target".
4. Can't really say nething about the Kyan/Seath thing. I give shitty reads if I haven't been searching thru the posts of a particular person. I ready everything but some stuff gets lost due to the tunnel. The post with splinter was meant to be a joke, I meant to put the :p one. Also i dont need to seem active because I am active.
5. You weren't in teh WWE spec thread so you wouldn't know what I was referring to. That last quote is a definite reach. Yea you are badly misunderstanding those interactions. I have no reason to question a confirmed townie. Also your examples of butt heads isnt fair either. They were suspects. I haven't "butt heads" with anyone else in this game. I don't think me and Gor butted heads, just went back and forth about his actions.

But whenever Kyan mentions you it's never a hard read. Kinda flimsy read imo.

I'll at least address the message thing. As far as I know, Kyan, Seath and GP didn't send any messages that were reported at least. And you know what I think of Seath and Kyan.

I just know it in my gut. Zeke has to be scum. He's doing an amazing job though.

But this day cannot really progress unless we lynch Seath. He's not in turbo zone any more, so we can still discuss things.

VOTE: Seath

Sophia

I'll be honest with you, Swamped. As much as I agree that Ezekel has been under very little scrutiny, I also felt that you were flying under the radar a bit. Which is why I wanted to push you for responses a bit when you brought it up. I've been waiting it out long as possible to try and see if anyone else would hop on the your lynch train there, but nobody budged. I did like the responses you given, although I'm not so certain Ezekel actually went after Star, as he voted against lynching her on Day 1. His arguments with Gorlak should probably be put in a new light now that we know that both Gorlak and OceanicAir are town.

Realistically, the scum is probably consisting of four people, counting their God, and they're almost certainly trying to bus Seath and Kyan because they're outed. The scum team is also probably going to off me tonight. The idea of being a confirmed townie with an alignment related secret reward is too much of a risk to them.

If Seath no lynches at the end of this day phase, lynch Kyanrute on the following day, and then take a good look at Ezekel because he's been pushing the Seath lynch on Day 4.

If Seath flips, I'd suggest keeping in mind that a flip does not automatically clear Ezekel either, and also take a close look at Splinter because he pushed for that alternative lynch on Kyan.

I'm gonna go eat now. I'll keep reading on my tablet during dinner.

*Splinter

I didn't get around to the re-reading I meant to do this evening, maybe tomorrow.

I have slightly gone off the idea of Zeke being scum: if he were scum, all he had to do was let the inevitable lynches play out: I think this would go something like Seath, Kyan, Dragonz, Swamped, maybe me in there somewhere. He would win in this case. The fact that he spent most of today attacking GP and myself suggests he's town and not confident we're on the right path. Fair enough.

Remember we will have to turbo someone at some point, but please don't do it too soon. Since we need scum to vote for scum I guess we have to go for Seath/Kyan. I don't think it matters which. Seath probably won't die but at least we'd never have to talk about it again. Kyan would more likely give us the scum flip, but on the other hand he's been trying to get lynched today so there's probably a downside to that as well.

*Splinter

Tbh I think the best play here is to NOT lynch the confirmed scum (and I'm calling Seath/Kyan confirmed because if they aren't scum we've already lost), but I don't think I can convince you of that so I'm not going to try.

Sophia

I've said it a few times but people haven't claimed yet.

Every time someone asks for a mass roleclaim of sorts, I find myself rolling my eyes. And I'm pretty sure GP asked for something similar to that in Day 4.

Well, scum would lie about their bet, so I doubt it's of any benefit.

And yeah, this too. Nobody has any incentive to tell the truth here, because doing so only benefits the other side.

What do you plan to do if ppl dont want to claim or just lie?

The discussion can w8 til 2mrw because we don't know what the reward is. If it isn't something we can obviously tell someone has, then there is no point.

Sophia

Ask people to claim bets

People decide they don't want to claim bets

Push the issue a little bit later.

People tell you why they still don't want to claim bets.

????

Vote the closest thing to a town confirmed player who's incapable of defending himself.

Profit?

On topic: Discussion seems to have died. Dragonz said she was going to read over everything and then disappeared, and basically nobody else is jumping on an Ezekel vote. What to make of that I wonder...? Dragonz did say she works nights, so it's possible she fell asleep or something?

Yep I just woke up

Ask people to claim bets

People decide they don't want to claim bets

Push the issue a little bit later.

People tell you why they still don't want to claim bets.

????

Vote the closest thing to a town confirmed player who's incapable of defending himself.

Profit?
Not only someone who can't defedn himself but with the most votes as well, lol. He is only 1 shy of majority.

Sophia

Not only someone who can't defedn himself but with the most votes as well, lol. He is only 1 shy of majority.

Seriously, what's with this game and players imploding?

Star on Day 1, me on Day 2, Seath on Day 3, Kyan on Day 4, and now Splinter on Day 5?

I can't even be mad. This is just funny now.

*Splinter

Alright, let's not throw this away just yet

VOTE: Seath

Swamped
Dragonz
Zeke

Your next post needs to include a vote for Seath, no excuses

Panda already has his vote down, only reason I didn't include him in this.

Sophia/LP vote when you want. I'd rather not end mega early but we can't risk any of the above being conveniently unavailable. Once they've voted you can hammer at your leisure.

If you don't hammer, we lose.

I'm way past the point of arguing. If you don't believe me then we'll lose, I don't care anymore.

*Splinter

Oh Swamped already voted, it wasn't on the tracker earlier.

Still need Zeke/Dragonz. Seath/Kyan might unvote, if they do it will take all the remaining players to get this turbo.

seath (7)
gorlak 1902
sophia 1985 (2038)
blargonaut 1986
wherearemahdragonz 1987 (2238)
ezekelrage 2108 (2167)
giant panda 2147
seath 2163 (2174)
kyanrute 2176
seath 2188
sophia 2216 (2234)
swamped 2263
*splinter 2291

sophia (1)
el topo 1903

lone_prodigy (1)
oceanicair 1904

blargonaut (3)
retromg 1905
thegoddamn 1909
robotninjahornets 1910
*splinter 2277 (2291)

swamped (2)
royal_flush 1906
roytheone 1908

ezekelrage (1)
crimsonfist 1907
swamped 2242 (2263)

*splinter (1)
cabot 1911
seath 2024 (2088)

kyanrute (0)
sophia 1916 (1920)
giant panda 2083 (2147)
kyanrute 2087 (2176)
seath 2174 (2188)

blu_1461186000.png

btw, my monitoring of this thread will be quite spotty until 2 hours to the deadline, so please be a bit self-aware if/when you decide to turbo.

FUCKING FINALLY!!! All this waiting for this or that was annoying.

WE GET TO SEE IF SEATH IS GAWD OR NOT!

I refuse to believe Seath is town. His plays make no sense for a town player. But if he is town, this is over. All scum have to do is kill Splinter or GP and win. They would be safest win for them. Thinking the day over I can see only one of them being scum. Sophia kill would be too risky since they can't be sure she doesn't block night kills. So at least we have Sophia 2mrw.

One thing in the back of my mind is that Seath wants to get lynched because his power works that way. O well, we will see.

if he is town, gg?
If not, I'm looking at swamped 2mrw. GP also never answered my question about following Splint's votes. I'm sure Splint is gonna explain voting Blarg and dipping as "bad play" next day phase.
Sidenote:
YESSSSSSS, I Finally got to hammer a vote in this game!
3GgRo.gif

Vote: Seath

Kevyt

I am town...

Please, what do I have to do to prove this.

I got the dream notification just as OceanicAir, and he was town. Does this not prove that I am town?

Vote: Kyanrute

Top Bottom