• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Tekken X Street Fighter is on hold at the moment" - Katsuhiro Harada

Maligna

Banned
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...ada-notes-difficulties-timing-project-delays/

From Eventhubs via GameSpot.

When we develop fighting games, we try to keep the core community in mind as well as the wider audience that wants to play these games.

But currently the situation is with fighting games, you have Street Fighter V that just released--a lot of people are playing that fervently--and there's a large crowd out there waiting or Tekken 7.

We don't want to split these communities, so a good window in which to release Tekken x Street Fighter is something that's become difficult recently. So it's on hold for the moment.

Not sure if I buy this whole release timing excuse. The game was announced like 4 years ago and we've barely seen anything. Still expecting it to be cancelled at some point.

Convert me from 2D to 3D if old...

Numb

mjcry1.png

Gusto

Good, SVF is so good. I'm digging it more than SSFIVae and I loved that game. Bring me Tekken 7 already, it's long overdue.

Top Bottom