• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ty4on

That's true actually. I was thinking about day three.

Going to reread with that in mind.
Hmm, most people don't know this so...
In Danganronpa there was a map, but the function wasn't obvious. The opening most had a picture of the map and claimed that everyone had been placed there at random. On the map where rooms for all the students plus some other rooms. The OP mentioned rulebreakers that would leave their rooms at night and just said for them "how" they got to their destination would be important.
I am a lover in that game, my partner is Pau and each night we'd go to the empty dorm making us commuters, but with the drawback that anyone attacking our empty dorm would kill both of us. At N1 our night chat open and we eventually learn that Launch (the mod) had decided to keep the chat open at night as well.
Dawn breaks and two weird things happen. Firstly kgtrep had used his power against Crab which made those two the only lynch candidate for the day. The second was that Pay told me she has received a night report with a list of the people she saw in the hallway last night. The latter came as a surprise and we spent a lot of time trying to decipher what it meant until Launch spilled the beans.
PM sent to me:
LaunchpadMcQ said:
Someone asked me a question about routes via PM and I wanted to share it with the rest of the "rulebreakers".

There's no rule for determining routes. I use my own discretion for that. I'll let the individual know which direction they took if two paths are equidistant.

However, I can tell you that you that because you "crossed paths" with someone, it does not necessarily mean you were going in opposite direction as them. It most closely means that your paths overlapped at some point.

If you wish to share the information in this PM, you can do so, but I'll leave it up to your discretion. No quoting, though.
We never shared this info, but it got us really suspicious because Pau had passed by the room of the person who was night killed on N1 and probably saw the killer. In reality that was true and the killer was CzarTim.
D3 rolls by and now we're don't have any weird roles messing up the votes. CzarTim starts by immediately claiming a one shot cop, who he cleared on N1 and reveals how the map works with the night report. He also says that this would make scum really unbalanced and that they probably have a ninja to make up for it.
We end up lynching CzarTim, but he had a scum override because reasons.
One of the takeaways I have is that scum never really speculated much about the map in the early game. Later in the game they tried to control discussion, but with a claim and not baseless speculation. When CzarTim claimed he also presented the ninja theory to hurt towns ability to use the map to their advantage. In the post game discussion CzarTim said he thought the map made the game almost unwinnable for scum as their only defense was a disguiser.

CzarTim

The dirty little secret about #unnecessarygambit2015 was that it was in fact very necessary. Half the school saw me commit murder lol

Ty4on

Though to be fair, I was also desperately trying to get copped so I could use my override lol
Lol, didn't know if that but it would have been awesome :p
The dirty little secret about #unnecessarygambit2015 was that it was in fact very necessary. Half the school saw me commit murder lol
Yeah, I should probably have made it more clear that scum really had to claim to survive. There was never really a map discussion on D2 because we could only vote two people, but several people were on CzarTim's tail by the end of D2.

CzarTim

Anyway, yes, Ty is right. My memory of DR was a bit fuzzy, what I remembered was desperately trying to sell a narrative, but as he mentioned, that came much later. Whether or not scum would mention the map mechanic here, I guess it just depends but I probably went down the wrong road there.

However we are getting towards the end of day one now and most of it had been caught up in the map and Launch's claim. We need to start throwing votes down on people even if you aren't positive, because of course you aren't, it's day one.

If the wedding was held at Subway, I'd love a No Lynch (have it your way) but even my naive mind knows that will never happen in any game ever.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just now paid attention to the timer - didn't realize this would end around the time I'm getting to my customer site in the morning. I'll try to post something in the morning beforehand, but for now:

Vote: Terrabyte20xx

Scrolling back through the posts, this is literally all he has said since the game started:

So looking at that map, I am going to assume that those seats are not permanent.

Now I need someone to vote...

img

But 'who?' (Who?) Who?

Let's go with:

VOTE: Roytheone

I'm fine with it for now, but I don't think we should waste too much time on the map on day one. We won't really know anything until day 2.

No, there's still personality and bandwagon analisys left, all I'm saying is that the maps stuff can only go so far.

Somehow I didn't realize you were in this game until this post...

Lol, guys it obvious, he's talking about his ability...

TO VOTE!!!

Or maybe not? I missed his one-shot post.

Launch's role is... Interesting. It definitely has potential to screw both town and scum over.

I do wonder, however, why it's a day command,and a private one at that.

Is it sad that I read that as 'memecache error'?

He hasn't really brought anything to the discussion, not even bringing up anything regarding the Scrafty/gryvan talks, or even anything, really.

CzarTim

I just now paid attention to the timer - didn't realize this would end around the time I'm getting to my customer site in the morning. I'll try to post something in the morning beforehand, but for now:

Scrolling back through the posts, this is literally all he has said since the game started:
Yeah, I'd vote here too. Dude is coasting.

I'm seeing a whole lot of nothing in this day's discussion, but I guess that's to be expected.

Before day ends, I'd like everyone to post their top town and top scum from what's taken place so far.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Yeah, I'd vote here too. Dude is coasting.
Yep, I'm coasting.

No seriously, I really am. I'm paying attention but there really hasn't been too much that I personally want to talk about. No one is giving me super scum vibes, but the same is said with town. I'm taking a quiet observer position for day one so I can hopefully have a better, grounded day two.

I'm seeing a whole lot of nothing in this day's discussion, but I guess that's to be expected.

Before day ends, I'd like everyone to post their top town and top scum from what's taken place so far.
Alright Mr. Bullock

Top Town:
Launchpad - I think you're telling the truth
Ouro/Burb - both have been pushing the conversations today and making very good insights

Top Scum:
CzarTim - Again, just a personal hunch, but this is a personal reads list after all
Gryvan - INFINITE MOUNTAINS SPAWNING FROM AN INFINITE NUMBER OF MOLEHILLS AT AN INCREASING RATE

People I have a weird read on:
Scrafty - Curse you and your feminine qiles, I can't read you for shit
Roytheone - Waters are murky, maybe tomorrow will bring more clarity

kingkitty

Gryvan sweating a lil bit in public. Newbie scum cracking under weak pressure? I'm not so sure, could easily just be regular townie sweating up the joint. Fireblend seems deadset on him. Tbh he kinda seems like a too obvious target, like Xam's first mafia game.

Absolutbro must be stuck on a train somewhere. His only real post is about the map, a kinda random theory about poisoners. However, at this point I feel fine keeping my vote on Scrafty.

Top town is myself, or maybe launchpad (as not scum aligned) if I can see some receipts tomorrow.

Gryvan sweating a lil bit in public. Newbie scum cracking under weak pressure? I'm not so sure, could easily just be regular townie sweating up the joint. Fireblend seems deadset on him. Tbh he kinda seems like a too obvious target, like Xam's first mafia game.

Absolutbro must be stuck on a train somewhere. His only real post is about the map, a kinda random theory about poisoners. However, at this point I feel fine keeping my vote on Scrafty.

Top town is myself, or maybe launchpad (as not scum aligned) if I can see some receipts tomorrow.
Alright so in response to that
1. Go stick a 10-foot long pole where the sun don't shine (love u fam)
2. Gryvan just gets really flustered over anything, if Batman is anything to go by, lol

gryvan

Alright so in response to that
1. Go stick a 10-foot long pole where the sun don't shine (love u fam)
2. Gryvan just gets really flustered over anything, if Batman is anything to go by, lol

What I learned from batman is doubt anyone who is tunneling

RetroMG

Current vote count:

czartim (2)
xamtheking 374
launchpadmcq 388

xamtheking (1)
burbeting 377

scraftydevil (1)
kingkitty 387

fireblend (1)
gryvan 418

timeaisis (1)
czartim 451

terrabyte20xx (1)
ourobolus 457

nin1000 (1)
czartim 258 (359)
scraftydevil 404

absolutbro (1)
roytheone 312

ourobolus (1)
bananaspaceprincess 128 (363)
bronx-man 133

roytheone (1)
terrabyte20xx 131
gryvan 146 (259)

gryvan (1)
fireblend 132

ty4on (0)
launchpadmcq 147 (319)

bronx-man (0)
launchpadmcq 319 (388)

salvapot (0)
czartim 359 (451)

launchpadmcq (0)
robotninjahornets 115 (395)
czartim 209 (224)
salvapot 217 (360)

Reminder: The current vote count can always be found at the link in post #3. If you are not sure if the count is current, you can click the link to recount.

SalvaPot

Current vote count:

czartim (2)
xamtheking 374
launchpadmcq 388

xamtheking (1)
burbeting 377

scraftydevil (1)
kingkitty 387

fireblend (1)
gryvan 418

timeaisis (1)
czartim 451

terrabyte20xx (1)
ourobolus 457

nin1000 (1)
czartim 258 (359)
scraftydevil 404

absolutbro (1)
roytheone 312

ourobolus (1)
bananaspaceprincess 128 (363)
bronx-man 133

roytheone (1)
terrabyte20xx 131
gryvan 146 (259)

gryvan (1)
fireblend 132

ty4on (0)
launchpadmcq 147 (319)

bronx-man (0)
launchpadmcq 319 (388)

salvapot (0)
czartim 359 (451)

launchpadmcq (0)
robotninjahornets 115 (395)
czartim 209 (224)
salvapot 217 (360)

Reminder: The current vote count can always be found at the link in post #3. If you are not sure if the count is current, you can click the link to recount.

Man its been a while since I have seen a Day 1 so divisive, usually by know we would have a bandwagon or too leading on votes.

I'll be honest, I don't know who to lynch right now and I am honestly having a hard time getting someone to point my finger at, no one has seem specially scummy to me. Czar is playing this cool aggressiveness as usual, launch is making his gambits, gryvan is jumpy but by batman that seems his usual moto, the usual suspects are lying low in the background, scrafty as usual saying she is available but its really not.

I don't know, everyone is playing too close to their chest so far.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I want to hear more from ouro. He is usually not this patient.

Vote: Ourobolus

Timeaisis

It's less than 12 hours left, and I don't know if I'll be able to re-vote, so I'm going to place my vote on Scrafty. Just my gut feeling at the moment.

VOTE: ScraftyDevil

Burbeting

Banned
In a day like this with not lot to go for, I wouldn't mind lynching a player completely blending to the crowd, and not saying much at all.

[highlighy]VOTE: AbsolutBro

I keep forgetting you are in the game even. Scum usually likes to watch from the sidelineshower as town fights by themselves.

Kalor

I might not be around at day end so I'll vote now so that I have something in place. I'm going to vote for Terra as his responses feel like they are middle of the road. Just trying not to say anything that will draw attention.

Town:
Launchpad - I'm willing to them the benefit of the doubt right now.

In between:
gryvan - His map speculation read like a town member genuinely trying to figure out the situation. I don't think he was trying to control map discussion or anything like that.

Will elaborate with quotes a bit later since I'm at work (lunch is in half an hour, so some point around then), but for now

VOTE: Fireblend

Mainly because gryvan is coming across to me as a frustrated townboy. Don't you think his partners would be telling him to tone it down a bit? Also

I'm not a native english speaker but I don't think people just drop f-bombs in casual conversation.

Oh no we totally fucking do. Srsly.

roytheone

AbsolutBro still hasn't said a single thing of value yet (unless you count that baseless role speculation post as something of value, which I don't). A thing I find interesting about this is that he doesn't really got called out on that a lot yet. Outside of my and Burb his vote on Absolut, he gets an occasional passing mention by Ourob, kitty and kalor, but that is kinda it. I would have expected scum to try and put some more suspicion on Absolut, it would be an easy way to appear active and prevent a scum lynch. It makes me think that AbsolutBro is actually an inactive scum, and that his scum partners don't want to push to much for him out of fear that that train would actually gain steam.

Slightly related to that, I have a bad feeling about Kalor. Looking at his posts, they are mostly speculation about the map/roles/launch his role, and very little actual scum hunting. He did made a post saying who he suspected (including Absolut), but immediately followed up with "but I don't think they are suitable lynch candidates". And now he votes Terra because he thinks Terra is coasting and he can''t be here during days end, even though he didn't vote for Absolut and RNH which he thought were coasting before. I could very easily see a train forming on Terra, so this could be a scum Kalor putting his vote on Terra to help that along and at least have his vote on a towny that has the potential to become a lynch candidate.

About my top town: I don't get scum vibes from Launch, Fire and Burb, but it is way to early to really call anyone my "top town" yet.

Hey, I have a busy day today. I hope I will be able to check in again but in case I can't I'm gonna place a vote now.

Vote: gryvan

I rolled the dice here between Salva, nin and gryvan. Yesterday my vote would have gone to Salva but I did understand his reasoning in his respond to when I called him out. Anyways, he's still not totally off my radar. My eyes are on you Salva!!

Nin would be my 2nd candidate after gryvan. He began with his map theory post. But that's actually not what's making him seem scummy. Since he made his map related post I don't think he did one more post that contributed anything to the main discussions or anything else at all. He actually only posted responses to when he was directly called out. It almost seems like he was caught blending in and now he is trying to make people think he's not even there in order to forget to vote for him. The only reason I am actually voting for gryvan right now and not for nin is because he seemed weirdly stressed out and testy in his last couple of posts. He is just under a little pressure which makes his "rage" even more out of place here. I hope my guts lead me in the right direction here.

nin1000

Banned
gra_1461600000.png

Ourobolus

Banned
All right, to answer Launch's question:

Town
LaunchpadMcQ (contingent on D2)
Burbeting

Scum (my scum reads right now are mostly people that haven't contributed much)
Salva
Nin
Terra
Karu

Nobody's done anything blatantly scummy thus far, so these are still just gut feelings.

Hmm, now that I think about it, I want to hear more from ouro. He is usually not this patient.

Vote: Ourobolus

?

Ourobolus

Banned
Actually, after a quick scan of the posts, add Bronx-Man to that list. He popped in, put a fluff vote on me, said something about Halo:Reach, then left.

Karu actually seemed to be part of the conversation earlier, but then also dropped off the face of the earth.

SO QUOTES:

Re: Launch, I trust him for now. Lynching him when he might potentially clear himself as a non-negative utility overnight could mean making scum's job for them.

Otherwise, I don't think there's much of anything that immediately calls my attention. I'll probably give a second read through the thread later today since it doesn't look like there's been a ton of posts yet and provide some hopefully more meaningful thoughts.

Launch soft-claims. Immediately, "WELL I TRUST LAUNCH OK", followed by

Hmmm, that's very useful info, Launch. It's confirmation that PR actions are affected by the seating arrangement, which was pretty obvious but is nice to know. I wonder if (at least most) night actions are submitted with a seat "code" rather than with player names, in which case PRs that switch people between seats are pretty powerful, and I actually think using yours D1 was a good move since as you say it could be pretty negative for town if we didn't know beforehand.

Doubling down on that trust. Like, there's no questioning of his role or anything, just straight up "Oh ok that's fine by me". Not only that, but that's then followed with:

I'm not liking this "second round" of Launch discussion. So the thread died for a while (because of the memcache error? I was afk for a good part of yesterday so I didn't notice), but then we conveniently circled around and continued discussing Launch? I don't see there being much point to discussing his role, I actually thought it was pretty straightforward - one of our tables will be shuffled before other PRs act, and we'll see our new arrangement tomorrow (barring other seat-switching mechanics, which no doubt there will be).

I have my vote on Gryvan, and I think I will be keeping it there. His only big post so far was a "table layout theories" collection that sounded like a mix of obvious and odd ways PRs could target. Then he quoted that post almost immediately after and some of the others people were posting to provide a "table theories summary". Other than that, it's all been fluff or uncertainty (couldn't decide who to target between Salva and Roy, said he wasn't sure if he believed Launch, etc).

Gryvan, I'd like to see you place a vote. Even if your first vote was semi-random between Salva and Roy (has anyone else voted for an adjacent player so far?), I would've expected you to replace it when you removed it, not just keep it to yourself.

Fake edit: I may have missed it, but what was your rationale for reducing your pool of first-vote candidates to your seat neighbors?

I'm sorry but no. No thank you sir. We have 2 things to go on, Launch's claim and the table and you lambaste people for talking about one of them? Noope. Not only that, you seem to be voting for Gryvan partially for fluff (something something glass houses) and partially for questioning if he should believe Launch and posting table theories, again which are the only 2 things we have to talk about.

I trust Launch and thought he did the right thing by both using his power now and telling us what it was, there's not much to say other than that. Either we wake up tomorrow and find out he lied because the arrangement isn't as heavily modified as he said it would be, or PRs can verify they hit the people they intended somehow on both tables and then we look at him whenever they share that, or the layout we wake up to fits with his narrative and we're good for now.

It's like you're not even thinking about Launch's role. What if his supposed action would be obscured by something else? Would you think he's lying? Would you keep trusting him?

Haha well this ridiculous overreaction doesn't do anything to change my opinion of you. You seem to be flip-flopping here between whether there's stuff to discuss or not - you seem to acknowledge both Launch's claim and the map theories are worth discussing, after all.

About your over-the-top paranoia, you offered some theories on the map, which were responded to in what I thought was a reasonable way, and you think that meant other people were onto you? I didn't notice anything particularly hostile about the responses you got, if anything it seems like you've got a bit of a persecution complex :p

And my own post wasn't meant to be that hostile either, day 1 is just a whole lot of poking and that's what I did. I'd rather focus on someone I find odd for now and pursue that instead of poking lightly at multiple players who know the vote will probably not stick.

You also conveniently ignored my 2 questions, so yeah, not what I was expecting at all but I guess valuable for my own reads nonetheless.

Ah. going for the low hanging OMGUS vote I see. Hard to make anything of this, It probably gives about as much information to town on what to make of you as if you'd kept your vote to yourself. Will keep monitoring.

Again this seems like an overreaction to me. Can you quote a single post where anyone's being as hostile as you think people are being about table mechanics? Your reaction is disproportional.

Well, your phrasing and general reaction in previous posts is what leads me to think you're making arguments against table-theorizing sound like they were out for blood or something instead of just being commentary on the usefulness of said theories:

I'm not a native english speaker but I don't think people just drop f-bombs in casual conversation.

Or use all-caps to make reasonable well-thought arguments.

Really, you'd call table mechanics discussion "taboo"? That's not what I've thought of at all, and I had thoughts myself on what Launch's role meant regarding the tables layout - I got some reactions from those but I'd hardly consider them unwarranted.

----

Seriously though, downplaying how disproportionate your reactions so far have been isn't gonna fly.

Aaaand now for the Gryvan tunnel

Dood, it's day 1. Gatecrashers would not act this panicked. They have a backup team. They have people to tell them to stop panicking. Yes, he may be overreacting but to me that screams frustrated town way more than the opposite, it just brings unnecessary attention to himself.

Is Gryvan town? I don't know. But he feels more town to me right now. So yeah. That combined with your immediate Launch trust is...I don't like it.

I may not be around for day end. I'll post my picks for top town/scum.

Top Town
Ouro - I feel like there's something unspoken between us when we're both town. It's like a silent nod towards each other. I'm feeling that this game, but I don't have much factual to base it on.

Top Scum
Gryvan and Salva - these two just rub me the wrong way. Salva was a little too aggressive with his pressing on my role; Gryvan, I'm not even entirely sure, but he sticks out to me.

I'd like to look more into RNH next phase, in particular. I'm not really sure what to make of him. He'd be a good place to start next phase, but we'll see what happens.

I'm really sorry folks. It was first planting weekend on the farm. I'm running into a meeting now but I will catch up and post before days end.

Ourobolus

Banned
We've just over two hours left before the deadline and neither Bronx nor Karu have posted in a few RL days. I'm going to run on the assumption that they are inactive and potentially replaced by the next day. If they post before then, great, but I'm a little wary of voting out someone due to inactivity on D1 due to suddenly not having the time to play the game.

I have my vote on Terra now, and he even came out and agreed that he was coasting. ...great? In case I can't post before day end, that's where I'll stay.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The only person that really sticks out to me right now would be Gryvan. The dude is on edge right now after getting some pretty tame accusations. Then again, he's a new player so it could be just a case of some nerves. Everyone else is either doing basic questioning or not posting at all.

We've just over two hours left before the deadline and neither Bronx nor Karu have posted in a few RL days. I'm going to run on the assumption that they are inactive and potentially replaced by the next day. If they post before then, great, but I'm a little wary of voting out someone due to inactivity on D1 due to suddenly not having the time to play the game.

I have my vote on Terra now, and he even came out and agreed that he was coasting. ...great? In case I can't post before day end, that's where I'll stay.

The only person that really sticks out to me right now would be Gryvan. The dude is on edge right now after getting some pretty tame accusations. Then again, he's a new player so it could be just a case of some nerves. Everyone else is either doing basic questioning or not posting at all.
"And almost as if by divine providence....."

roytheone

Hmm, the votes are very close to each other and we have like 10 people that can potentially get lynched today. I think that is actually a good thing, it is very likely a scum is in danger now, so scum actually has to do some work to prevent a scum lynch.

I'm keeping my vote on nin for the day unless a very close race between two others forces me to change it.

nin, you've coasted by today doing relatively little and discussing even less. I trust you'll "step your game up" tomorrow.

Okay, looks like my meeting was moved to 11 and no one bothered to tell me. That means unless it ends early, I will not be here at day's end.

My thoughts:

I do admit to reading Retro's post about the map's appearance changing incorrectly. I took it to mean "your seat positions will change", when it actually meant "I am hoping to get a prettier looking picture". Still, right now there's not much to be drawn from the map itself until stuff happens I guess. Still, I was not the only person to think this it seems.

Re: The Launch Gambit - While his set up immediately gave me flashbacks to Sorian in Batman ("It's cool guys, I have a set up action that just needs some time...") I am inclined to leave him alone for today. It seems like a very strange and super RNG power that I wonder why a game runner would bother to implement. I cant imagine we are going to have too many seat-based powers, if the only way we move seats is by a PR. Guess we will see. It does basicaly verify that some other powers are based on the seat, not the person. If every PR was based on the person, randomizing the seats would basically do nothing at all.

Or the whole power is a giant red herring type of deal, but I find the first option far more likely than this.

@DR map: Funny story time: I was a Role-Cop in that game, and N1 I investigated King Kitty. King Kitty died N1, and I bumped into CzarTim and Pau. So unless the killer was invisible/a ninja, I knew one of those people was the killer. I ended up fake claiming sleepwalker to stay alive, and when Czar claimed to have 1-shot alignment copped me I outted Pau (whom I knew Czar would have seen). I was wrong about everything, Czar was scum and I got the lovers killed but managed to clear 3 other townies when scum killed me. Moral of the story: even when we have more information from the map, it may not always mean what you initially think it does.

Vote: Fireblend

Day 1 votes are generally based on vague feelings, and this vote is no exception.

Ty4on

I don't think I scum read Fire as much as RNH, but there is another thing I found curious with this post.
I trust Launch and thought he did the right thing by both using his power now and telling us what it was, there's not much to say other than that. Either we wake up tomorrow and find out he lied because the arrangement isn't as heavily modified as he said it would be, or PRs can verify they hit the people they intended somehow on both tables and then we look at him whenever they share that, or the layout we wake up to fits with his narrative and we're good for now.

"PRs can verify". I had just pushed Launch on this (he stated PRs could confirm his switch if there were two switches) because I don't see how this would work out. Most PRs have no idea if their target were switched, all they know is if their target did or is something. I don't like this assumption that PRs should know who their hit.

Top Bottom