• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

RetroMG

Current Votes:

fireblend (3)
gryvan 418
robotninjahornets 474
absolutbro 496

ourobolus (2)
bananaspaceprincess 128 (363)
bronx-man 133
salvapot 469

czartim (2)
xamtheking 374
launchpadmcq 388

scraftydevil (2)
kingkitty 387
timeaisis 470

terrabyte20xx (2)
ourobolus 457
kalor 473

karu (2)
ty4on 477
nin1000 479

absolutbro (2)
roytheone 312
burbeting 472

gryvan (2)
fireblend 132
bananaspaceprincess 476

nin1000 (1)
czartim 258 (359)
scraftydevil 404

roytheone (1)
terrabyte20xx 131
gryvan 146 (259)

timeaisis (1)
czartim 451

launchpadmcq (0)
robotninjahornets 115 (395)
czartim 209 (224)
salvapot 217 (360)

xamtheking (0)
burbeting 377 (472)

bronx-man (0)
launchpadmcq 319 (388)

salvapot (0)
czartim 359 (451)

ty4on (0)
launchpadmcq 147 (319)

gra_1461600000.png

Fireblend

Banned
Dood, it's day 1. Gatecrashers would not act this panicked. They have a backup team. They have people to tell them to stop panicking. Yes, he may be overreacting but to me that screams frustrated town way more than the opposite, it just brings unnecessary attention to himself.

Oh ok, he's town then because there's no way he's legitimately squirming. Phew! Thanks for clearing that right up!

Is Gryvan town? I don't know. But he feels more town to me right now. So yeah. That combined with your immediate Launch trust is...I don't like it.

He doesn't to me. As you said, it is day 1. What do you want me to do? Would you rather I sheepishly placed my vote on someone saying I'm unsure if they're scum, only to move it to another safe spot the next time that person responds? Woah, that sure is a great way of finding scum!

Here's the thing: Everyone here knows how Day 1 always goes. Everyone here has their expectations of how cautiously and reserved everyone's going to act today. People expect votes to not stick for long, accusations to retreat after the first response, a whole lot of "I'm not sure about... but I guess they're a good lynch candidate", etc. Being suspected by someone on day 1 isn't threatening anymore because you know the 1 or 2 votes on you aren't going to stick by the end-of-day scramble.

Here's an alternative: act confident. Pick someone who you think has done something odd early on, and pick their brain. Make it look like you're sure you know something, really make your one vote seem like it has some weight and it's not going to change at the drop of a hat. That's my strategy today. You think scum is going to reveal themselves or gamble actual information or thoughts to get a vote off them when your 1 vote is just that and they know it might change any second?

I know as much about Gryvan as you do, but by saying "is he town? I don't know!" well then isn't that a perfect non-commital; if Gryvan is scum he had a sigh of relief there.

I trust Launch because I see no reason to not believe early claims. Call it personal experience. In fact, seeing how as town an important part of my town contributions when I eventually flip is going to be my opinion on people, I see no reason to fear sharing my opinions confidently and openly. If he lied he's going down sooner than later.

To answer Launch:

Top scum:
- Gryvan
- People who I don't think have had much of an impression - Kalor and AbsolutBro
- Scrafty saying she trusted me yesterday made me wary of her.

Top town:
- No one so far. There's just people I wouldn't like to lynch, like Launch, Ouro and Roy who have been active.

Ty4on

@DR map: Funny story time: I was a Role-Cop in that game, and N1 I investigated King Kitty. King Kitty died N1, and I bumped into CzarTim and Pau. So unless the killer was invisible/a ninja, I knew one of those people was the killer. I ended up fake claiming sleepwalker to stay alive, and when Czar claimed to have 1-shot alignment copped me I outted Pau (whom I knew Czar would have seen). I was wrong about everything, Czar was scum and I got the lovers killed but managed to clear 3 other townies when scum killed me. Moral of the story: even when we have more information from the map, it may not always mean what you initially think it does.

Franconp died N1 in DR. Kingkitty had one shot NK immunity and him dying set off the serial killer in Makai.

I don't think I scum read Fire as much as RNH, but there is another thing I found curious with this post.

"PRs can verify". I had just pushed Launch on this (he stated PRs could confirm his switch if there were two switches) because I don't see how this would work out. Most PRs have no idea if their target were switched, all they know is if their target did or is something. I don't like this assumption that PRs should know who their hit.
Thinking about it further, the only roles who could be sure they hit their desired targets would be killing roles, since they would have corpse evidence. Any information role could be getting info on just about anyone.

Ty4on

Thinking about it further, the only roles who could be sure they hit their desired targets would be killing roles, since they would have corpse evidence. Any information role could be getting info on just about anyone.

Or a role unique to this game.

Fireblend

Banned
We're 1.5 hours away. Retro, can you provide a list of players without an active vote along with your vote updates?

I like this situation because the vote seems to be spread thin across many candidates, so scum may be on the sidelines right now trying not to make any obvious moves so they can potentially save one of their partners.

IN WHICH I BECOME THE BANDWAGON
To be fair, I have talked about gryvan and how he was overreacting.
Vote: Gryvan
And my CzarTim vote won't go anywhere by this point, and I don't really see Fireblend as scum.

final vote*

Guys, we need to gather up our votes here. Most of us believe in a gryvan lynch or land on some similar thoughts. Get on that.

IN WHICH I BECOME THE BANDWAGON
To be fair, I have talked about gryvan and how he was overreacting.
Vote: Gryvan
And my CzarTim vote won't go anywhere by this point, and I don't really see Fireblend as scum.

Tim just rubs me the wrong way because he's a sneaky scum when he is one.

roytheone

Alright, I need to prepare to go to work soon, so this will probably be my final post of today. I still think absolutBro or Kalor are our best bets to find scum, but I am not against a Gryvan lynch. He did behave weird and reacted extremely defensive to allocations towards him. Also, his first vote on me still feels off. It was not purely RNG since he only choose between his two neighbours, and while he said that had no real reason when I asked about it, when Fire re-asked that question he didn't answer and instead said something about who PR would be able to target. It feels a bit off.

Alright, I need to prepare to go to work soon, so this will probably be my final post of today. I still think absolutBro or Kalor are our best bets to find scum, but I am not against a Gryvan lynch. He did behave weird and reacted extremely defensive to allocations towards him. Also, his first vote on me still feels off. It was not purely RNG since he only choose between his two neighbours, and while he said that had no real reason when I asked about it, when Fire re-asked that question he didn't answer and instead said something about who PR would be able to target. It feels a bit off.

wtf is this noncommittal bullshit? Move your vote.

There is no tie right now? You and Xam just sent Gryvan up past Fireblend in two votes.

I'm just saying it's close.

roytheone

wtf is this noncommittal bullshit? Move your vote.

No? I still think AbsolutBro is our best option to lynch scum, and it is not like he is so far behind in votes that it is impossible he gets lynched. If that happens and the votes will go between Gryvan VS someone else, I will move my vote. But that is not the case yet.

No? I still think AbsolutBro is our best option to lynch scum, and it is not like he is so far behind in votes that it is impossible he gets lynched. If that happens and the votes will go between Gryvan VS someone else, I will move my vote. But that is not the case yet.
BUT YOU JUST SAID THAT LAST POST MIGHT BE YOUR FINAL POST OF THE DAY

You just said you wouldn't be around. Now you're saying you'll move your vote.

Can we lynch this scummy fuck instead?

gryvan

Just to let you know, the reason i can go all ham without anything restrictive is the fact that I basically don't have anything useful except for words to share with everyone even if that means I can go overreacting nonstop...

So if i get lynched today I will post my reads.

Top Scum:
Fireblend
CzarTim

Neutral (but feels like they can be aligned to scum[gut feeling])
Xam
Launch

Top Town:
Salva
roy

everyone else feels null reads to me

I'll play devil's advocate here
Roy does go to work sometimes
But Roy, regardless of alignment, that shit does not fly well with the rest of us
Is changing your vote not a post in your mind?

gryvan

sure or at least thats how I feel

you don't need to take my words for it though, just through the discussions we've had~

Fireblend

Banned
Just to let you know, the reason i can go all ham without anything restrictive is the fact that I basically don't have anything useful except for words to share with everyone even if that means I can go overreacting nonstop...

When have you done that? You spent all day defending yourself from 1 single vote.

Fireblend

Banned
and your post was basically what led to this whole shebang

Honestly if you had responded to my 2 questions reasonably instead of: playing victim, placing an omgus vote on me and then rambling about the table layout thing (which wasn't even the point of my vote), I probably would've moved on.

Instead it feels like I struck gold.

CzarTim

I read the gry/fire thing as a townie slap fight, would vote fire if I had to choose one

Agree that roy has been off but I am likely not voting there today.

apparently not because its better to lynch overractive townies with map theory galore over someone who stays silent~

this is GAFIA!

Has anyone actually looked at the statistics of quiet people vs how many were actually scum?

That shit used to fly in early gafia, but it's not the case anymore. TL21xx has never been scum (to my knowledge) and he's always almost always at the very bottom of activity.

CzarTim

Has anyone actually looked at the statistics of quiet people vs how many were actually scum?

That shit used to fly in early gafia, but it's not the case anymore. TL21xx has never been scum (to my knowledge) and he's always almost always at the very bottom of activity.

lol wtf is this

that's not how rng works

Top Bottom