• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

I have returned from the brink of death, and bring with me a wispy, choking malice.

giphy.gif

At this point I'm fairly certain that nin isn't scum, despite my insistence yesterday. There's no way someone with help would make so many amateurish mistakes, and if it were just a gambit he would have nothing to gain but suspicion from it anyway.

I think Terra blew his load early and I'm never a fan of when that happens, so he's under my magnifying glass for now. Time will tell whether or not he's worthy of such scrutiny, but I echo the sentiment that he had nothing to gain from playing his hand so early.

Xam seems to want to get everyone's attention with his constant chatter but this isn't dissimilar to how he's acted in the past so I'm not too worried about him either.

Now, I know you're busy and on a plane right now, but here's the best way to get your attention:

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

A large part of your argument against Fireblend yesterday was the insistence that gryvan felt town to you. Do you get that same feeling from anyone today? Do you still distrust Launch even after he's used his power?

Ourobolus

Banned
Just to play Devil's Advocate here (I don't really think nin is scum), but when I was scum in Heist, I was a massive idiot with many of my posts. Just lots of bad math and reasoning - none of it intentional. So I'm not sure making or not making mistakes is really a good argument for assessing town/scum.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here (I don't really think nin is scum), but when I was scum in Heist, I was a massive idiot with many of my posts. Just lots of bad math and reasoning - none of it intentional. So I'm not sure making or not making mistakes is really a good argument for assessing town/scum.
Nin's been acting differently to me
But back on topic
WHY THE HELL IS ANYONE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH NOT POSTING FOR THIS LONG
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
But back on topic
The curse of Sorian: when he does not play in a single game of the season, everyone else stops posting too.

Perhaps not, but at this point in time I think we have higher-priority targets. If he is scum then his shenaniganry will catch up with him eventually, and it's not like I'm going to stop paying close attention to his activity just because I've written him off for now.

At this point I'm much more cognizant of those who are playing intelligently, because it's very easy for an intelligent individual to seem reasonable no matter how misguided their logic.

RetroMG

But back on topic

People have lives. Several people have said that they are in finals, or travelling. This is a busy time of year.

I will be prodding the seriously inactive for more discussion, (and replacing them if needed,) but in the meantime:

Calm the hell down.

People have lives. Several people have said that they are in finals, or travelling. This is a busy time of year.

I will be prodding the seriously inactive for more discussion, (and replacing them if needed,) but in the meantime:

Calm the hell down.
Burned hard by Batman
but yeah, I understand people can be busy
I don't need them to spend hours pouring over the thread every given second
But a post that says "Hi I am around" (like Bronx-Man did) would be nice
It's less about scum being able to hide through inactivity and more of long periods of inactivity make that player a non-entity, which isn't fun, especially if that player is a Town PR or some other interesting role

Timeaisis

Nin is either just confused or he's playing a really, really good scum long-game. I'm going with the former here.

TB I don't get, and still don't. The reveal has been all but useless to us, and it was completely obvious at that (KK was targeted! Shocking!). No one was asking questions about TB's role, everyone knew KK was killed so it's no surprise. Revealing today gave us no new information and just generated some good will towards TB.

Also, it's worth noting Launch could be lying about what table he switched (or if he switches tables to begin with). We literally have no way of knowing if it happened at this point. Obviously, it's easier to trust him at present, but his power activated at a time where none of us could confirm it even happened. I believe him, but just wanted to bring that fact up.

nin1000

Banned
Also, it's worth noting Launch could be lying about what table he switched (or if he switches tables to begin with). We literally have no way of knowing if it happened at this point. Obviously, it's easier to trust him at present, but his power activated at a time where none of us could confirm it even happened. I believe him, but just wanted to bring that fact up.

I agree, i believe him for now but just wanted to say that nothing has been confirmed. Keep that in mind or you will eat your 3DS's.

Ourobolus

Banned
Vote: AbsolutBro

Where you at, man? I haven't really seen anything insightful from you this day phase (I know you were on the farm last time).

nin1000

Banned
I have returned from the brink of death, and bring with me a wispy, choking malice.

giphy.gif

At this point I'm fairly certain that nin isn't scum, despite my insistence yesterday. There's no way someone with help would make so many amateurish mistakes, and if it were just a gambit he would have nothing to gain but suspicion from it anyway.

I think Terra blew his load early and I'm never a fan of when that happens, so he's under my magnifying glass for now. Time will tell whether or not he's worthy of such scrutiny, but I echo the sentiment that he had nothing to gain from playing his hand so early.

Xam seems to want to get everyone's attention with his constant chatter but this isn't dissimilar to how he's acted in the past so I'm not too worried about him either.

Now, I know you're busy and on a plane right now, but here's the best way to get your attention:

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets

A large part of your argument against Fireblend yesterday was the insistence that gryvan felt town to you. Do you get that same feeling from anyone today? Do you still distrust Launch even after he's used his power?

Welcome back
tumblr_inline_mqimzfocfU1qz4rgp.gif

Kalor

I also still suspect Kalor. All his posts just seem very safe to me. Calling people out but then saying he wouldn't vote for them. Calling me out for having a "safe" vote on absolutBro while he himself has a safe vote on Terra. Saying he don't think gryvan is a good lynch but not switching his vote to fire to prevent that lynch. Doing some light questioning of how TB his role works and helping the poor confused nin a bit. Discrediting a pretty dumb theory of Xam of me being scum fake claiming being doused. He seems to be content to be in the unremarkable middle, not getting suspicion because of low activity, but also having a lot of safe remarks.

It's not so much that I'm trying to be in the middle but there's no-one that I look at right now and feel strongly about. You mention calling people out and not voting them but I even said in that post that it was just Day 1 that I wouldn't be okay with lynching them due to the reasoning (inactivity). I was just mentioning people that stuck out at the time.

For now I'm going to vote for nin just based on his posts recently and I'd like to have a vote down on someone. His mistakes when figuring out what happened last night feel genuine but I could swing both ways on if a town or scum made them.

Vote: nin1000

I really have no reason to separate myself from this, other than its the truth, but no I didn't pull the fire alarm and I was speculating about the mod switch. I didn't have any concrete information. It just seemed logical to me.

You were awfully emphatic for someone who was just guessing. And what was the big bit you were holding back, if it's not a problem to share at this point? Launchpad, I want to move you from my null reads list to my slightly town list, but I'm going to need some corroboration on your role actually existing first.

I would like responses from the other people whom I've asked a direct question.
I'm trying to pull my reads list together but it's a bit difficult when everyone shouts into the wind and ignores the rest of the players.

Vote: AbsolutBro

Where you at, man? I haven't really seen anything insightful from you this day phase (I know you were on the farm last time).

I'm lurking, but really not sure of anything I can contribute. I thought I was onto something with Terrabyte (hence why I asked for clarification on his power), but unfortunately no. I'll go over the last day again and see if anything stands out.

Ty4on

For now I'm going to vote for nin just based on his posts recently and I'd like to have a vote down on someone. His mistakes when figuring out what happened last night feel genuine but I could swing both ways on if a town or scum made them.

I'm most interested in the bolded. Why did they feel genuine to you?

Usually bring genuine is my strongest town read, but I have a null on Nin.
I would like responses from the other people whom I've asked a direct question.
I'm trying to pull my reads list together but it's a bit difficult when everyone shouts into the wind and ignores the rest of the players.
Hi

I have some minutes before my plane arrives.

Ty4on

that sure is interesting.
What do you think the map can tell us?

There are so many questions about it that I don't see many benefits from it right now. I also don't like Launch's claim because there's no way of verifying it and he seemed to know that yesterday as well.

roytheone

It's not so much that I'm trying to be in the middle but there's no-one that I look at right now and feel strongly about. You mention calling people out and not voting them but I even said in that post that it was just Day 1 that I wouldn't be okay with lynching them due to the reasoning (inactivity). I was just mentioning people that stuck out at the time.

So you are saying that you think his mistakes are genuine, it doesn't really tell you if a town or a scum made them, yet you use that as a reason to vote for him? OK then.

VOTE: Kalor

I'm lurking, but really not sure of anything I can contribute. I thought I was onto something with Terrabyte (hence why I asked for clarification on his power), but unfortunately no. I'll go over the last day again and see if anything stands out.

It seems to me a lot of people think that contributing means: saying new things, coming up with new viewpoints. But that is not the case. Even if you just say things like "I think this theory is likely, I don't think this is theory is true" etc. you will show us how you think about things. Even if you don't have any new insights to share, that will still tell us something that we can use: your opinion on things.

nin1000

Banned
What do you think the map can tell us?

There are so many questions about it that I don't see many benefits from it right now. I also don't like Launch's claim because there's no way of verifying it and he seemed to know that yesterday as well.

If we believe launch in scrambling table 2, every action that took place in table 1 can be traced back since night actions took place with the end of Day 1 layout.

RetroMG

"I thought Swamped was having an Indian-themed wedding?"
"Indian from India, or Native American?"
"Is there a difference?"
"Is there a...!? I can't... Anyway, neither of those things describe the theme of this wedding."
"Well, yeah. 'Crime Scene' best describes the theme of this wedding."

Current Votes:

nin1000 (2)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773
kalor 868

hyperactivity (1)
burbeting 614
xamtheking 842 (865)

scraftydevil (1)
fireblend 637

weemadarthur (1)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808

salvapot (1)
terrabyte20xx 830

robotninjahornets (1)
scraftydevil 851

absolutbro (1)
ourobolus 863

kalor (1)
roytheone 876

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

The following players do not have an active vote:

AbsolutBro
Bronx-man
BananaSpacePrincess
Hyperactivity (Being replaced)
Nin1000
Salvapot
Timeaisis
Ty4on
Weemadarthur
Xamtheking

Time remaining in Day 2:
gra_1462032000.png

You were awfully emphatic for someone who was just guessing. And what was the big bit you were holding back, if it's not a problem to share at this point?

I wasn't. I backed off the speculation, especially because people were taking my guesses as fact. I said as much.

As for the big bit, you mean the other part of my role I mentioned? I can't share that information, but let's just say that there won't be any surprises.

I am hoping to review the thread between tonight and tomorrow to formulate some threads to follow. I just saw weemad quoted me, so I wanted to respond to him directly.

nin1000

Banned
I am hoping to review the thread between tonight and tomorrow to formulate some threads to follow. I just saw weemad quoted me, so I wanted to respond to him directly.
Please do so in a timely manner, since we are now entering the last third of the day phase.

VOTE: RobotNinjaHornets[/highlight

You have been hanging around just enough to be considered active. You have changed your opinions without (imo) any actual justification. You are attacking inactives despite being one yourself. You are avoiding answering direct questions.

All very scummy behavior.

VOTE: Scraftydevil

You have been hanging around just enough to be considered active. You have changed your opinions without (imo) any actual justification. You are attacking inactives despite being one yourself. You are avoiding answering direct questions.

All very scummy behavior.

VOTE: Scraftydevil

This is exactly the kind of reaction I was hoping for.

phyllis1.gif

If you're considering what I'm doing "attacking" then you need to re-evaluate your definition of the word, sweetie. Why such a strong reaction to an innocent prod vote? Could it be that you're looking to protect your teammate and want to cast doubt on me in the process?

Darling, now you have my full attention.

VOTE: weemadarthur

If you're considering what I'm doing "attacking" then you need to re-evaluate your definition of the word, sweetie. Why such a strong reaction to an innocent prod vote? Could it be that you're looking to protect your teammate and want to cast doubt on me in the process?

Darling, now you have my full attention.

[highlightVOTE: weemadarthur
Good, now go back and answer my questions.

I don't care one whit about robotninjahornets, who has participated less than the two people getting replaced. But I do care about the timing you used. You place a vote after RNH explains real life stuff. He's not coming back to respond to your prod. It's a waste of vote power because a prod should result in response. You are parking your vote to avoid scrutiny of your own behavior.

What do you think of her late vote on D1? It seemed a bit pointless to me for scum unless Fire is also scum.

Did she vote for Gryvan?
I could see a scum team worrying if they had zero people on the first lynch, because that would result in all the day one lynchers being cleared as non mafia. But I also think Fireblend has been really scummy this game, and seems totally insincere, so I can't be sure that hypothesis works for Scrafty's behavior or not.

Good, now go back and answer my questions.

I don't care one whit about robotninjahornets, who has participated less than the two people getting replaced. But I do care about the timing you used. You place a vote after RNH explains real life stuff. He's not coming back to respond to your prod. It's a waste of vote power because a prod should result in response. You are parking your vote to avoid scrutiny of your own behavior.

Darling, your only question was "are you scum." I'm not sure if you're trying to weave a narrative of me being unresponsive or if you just forgot what questions you've asked whom.

Of course I'm not scum. Perish the thought. I think you might be, though.

I never intended to "park" my vote; my plan from the start was to see what kind of reactions I could glean by voting for someone who's been under little scrutiny and you responded so, so strongly. I could not have asked for a better outcome, really.

Darling, your only question was "are you scum." I'm not sure if you're trying to weave a narrative of me being unresponsive or if you just forgot what questions you've asked whom.

Of course I'm not scum. Perish the thought. I think you might be, though.

I never intended to "park" my vote; my plan from the start was to see what kind of reactions I could glean by voting for someone who's been under little scrutiny and you responded so, so strongly. I could not have asked for a better outcome, really.

I also asked you to explain your role playing, feel free to spoiler it so you don't need to step out of character.

And my question about whether you were scum included an implication that kingkitty was killed for being openly suspicious of you. You have avoided that point.

You are absolutely parking your vote. If you only wanted someone who has had little scrutiny, there are lots of choices (including me, so yeah, now you're actually doing what you claim to be doing). But there's one dude who is quite low in activity AND afk for now. Voting someone who is afk, claiming it's a prod, is scummy. It's not as though you even claimed a gut feeling that he was scum. You just wanted to look busy without committing to any sort of opinion.

As for the strength of my response, uh.... I always talk like this. *shrug*
I'm strongly calling you out, not strongly defending people.

SalvaPot

I am here but somehow I don't feel like posting.

Who else is on the same boat? Who else is constantly lurking but not posting? I honestly feel like the day is full of fluff and I need to actually sit down and read through the fluff to get an idea of who it is, yet again I feel its meaningless, so I feel like I should just go to my gut and just vote for who I feel could be scum.

Ty4on

Did she vote for Gryvan?
I could see a scum team worrying if they had zero people on the first lynch, because that would result in all the day one lynchers being cleared as non mafia. But I also think Fireblend has been really scummy this game, and seems totally insincere, so I can't be sure that hypothesis works for Scrafty's behavior or not.
Huh? What do you mean by this?

Ty4on

I am here but somehow I don't feel like posting.

Who else is on the same boat? Who else is constantly lurking but not posting? I honestly feel like the day is full of fluff and I need to actually sit down and read through the fluff to get an idea of who it is, yet again I feel its meaningless, so I feel like I should just go to my gut and just vote for who I feel could be scum.
Do you have any gut reads on people for the time being?

If not, what are your thoughts on Scrafty, Wee and maybe Nin?

SalvaPot

Do you have any gut reads on people for the time being?

If not, what are your thoughts on Scrafty, Wee and maybe Nin?
I did mention my reads on my post from earlier (The one terra reacted VERY badly to).

Scrafty has always had a playstyle that its hard for me to read, so I usually just leave her alone, I think she is town. Wee is playing well from my point of view, perhaps falling a bit into the roleplay of scrafty, but I think its still leaning town

Nin is my bro, so I can't vote for him. Nah, but seriously, I think Xam attitude to nin is more telling about xam than nin, so I am more suspicious of xam than nin as of this moment.

As I said, terra is still the one I feel its acting the scummiest, his reaction to my post (That I decided to leave for later since it was so volatile) its not helping him either.

Ty4on

Nin is my bro, so I can't vote for him. Nah, but seriously, I think Xam attitude to nin is more telling about xam than nin, so I am more suspicious of xam than nin as of this moment.

Do you think Xam would be this aggressive as scum? I know his playstyle is unique, but he reminds me the most of lategame Batman where he was also quite active, but with less to latch onto here.

SalvaPot

Do you think Xam would be this aggressive as scum? I know his playstyle is unique, but he reminds me the most of lategame Batman where he was also quite active, but with less to latch onto here.

His playstale right now reminds me a lot of Phoenix Wright, where he was a neutral cop, so yeah, I think there is a chance he is trying to seem town by overwhelming us.

Ty4on

I'm probably making a picture out of static, but of the 8 who stayed on the same table from D1 to D2, only 1 switched tables during the fire alarm.

Ty4on

We had been discussing whether any scum were on the Gryvan vote, and I was asked in particular what Scrafty's late vote might mean. Does it make sense in context? I sometimes think I'm clear when I'm not.

So just a desire to have one of them on the winning vote?
It just looked like you implied that people voting gryvan were cleared.

So just a desire to have one of them on the winning vote?
It just looked like you implied that people voting gryvan were cleared.

Theoretically cleared, yes. If scum went a day without voting on the lynchee. I'm not suggesting it has been confirmed; we were speculating on motives.

Top Bottom