• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trillion: God of Destruction |OT| Vita means Death

Two weeks into my 3rd playthrough:

2016-04-11-1045579bkcb.jpg
Welp

WELP. Looks like you get increased EXP from Mokujin if you overkill it.

Apparently to get the true ending you need to purposely
lose all your overlords and everybody else (Elma, Faust,Cerberus)
. Sucks because I was able to beat Trillion with my second overlord as early as my second playthrough.
And because watching everyone die really hurts.

As in one hit kill?
Not exactly. I think the EXP it gives is based on the % of damage you do compared to its max HP. In other words, if you kill it with exact damage it'll give 100% EXP. If you kill it with an attack that hits for 10x its max HP it'll give you 1000% EXP, and so on.

Apparently to get the true ending you need to purposely
lose all your overlords and everybody else (Elma, Faust,Cerberus)
. Sucks because I was able to beat Trillion with my second overlord as early as my second playthrough.
And because watching everyone die really hurts.
Yeah, I nearly bailed out
on getting the true ending on my 2nd run, because watching the bodies pile up was depressing the hell out of me. Especially Elma's.

Trillion, why is your
final form
a
loli
?

*gasp* Is the true ending
a yandere Trillion ending
?!?!

Desperately trying for this Mammon ending cause my lust for underboob is too real. Unlikely, however. I have 1 cycle 7 days to get ready for a fight
I have no practice with and can't run away from.

Levia, Mammon and Perpell endings get!
Two of them are pairing endings, one of them isn't. I'll let you guess which one. Also I approve of Levia's dress sense.

6 endings remaining. Now comes the harder part.

There is a CG for the GAME OVER ending right? Otherwise I'm not sure what one of my missing ones is.

Okay, so reactions to the Trillion
Last Form fight.

1st Try -
Uh...how do I get close? Oh, an AoE attack I'll just walk out of...walk out of...uuuuhhhhhhh...
*dead*

2nd Try -
Alright so I need to use attacks that move me forward to get anywhere. Okay I'm getting close. Uh...how many attacks does it get? Why is the entire field red? Oh. Oh.
*dead*

3rd Try -
Alright so movement is the name of the game here, get close then use range attacks to get out. Sonic Speed and Star Prayer let's go-why isn't it doing damage. It's immune now? To those skills? Okay. Normal...did it just set up a barrier around the area and fill it with an attack? Oh god how did I survive...now it keeps making a barrier around itself. And is immune to my ranged attacks. Well then. Oh. It's that expanding AoE again.
*dead*

Across all 3 tries I did maybe...10 bill. This is gonna take a while ain't it?

bomblord1

Banned
Last Form fight.

1st Try -
Uh...how do I get close? Oh, an AoE attack I'll just walk out of...walk out of...uuuuhhhhhhh...
*dead*

2nd Try -
Alright so I need to use attacks that move me forward to get anywhere. Okay I'm getting close. Uh...how many attacks does it get? Why is the entire field red? Oh. Oh.
*dead*

3rd Try -
Alright so movement is the name of the game here, get close then use range attacks to get out. Sonic Speed and Star Prayer let's go-why isn't it doing damage. It's immune now? To those skills? Okay. Normal...did it just set up a barrier around the area and fill it with an attack? Oh god how did I survive...now it keeps making a barrier around itself. And is immune to my ranged attacks. Well then. Oh. It's that expanding AoE again.
*dead*

Seal EVERYTHING especially it's body. Also
3rd form
Devil Envoys are basically a must. To dodge that massive attack you need to 1. have high speed 2. Use a 3+ space movement skill the second it starts.

Also there's a Seal that allows you to attack 3 spaces that's a massive help was able to do 80billion with 1 overlord using that.

Ashmedia ending get.
Man, that was almost as heartbreaking as her death scene, at least before things righted themselves. Possibly my favourite one so far. I'm glad that the Overlords' solutions to Faust's contract are different, even if some are slightly more successful than others.

It's surprisingly quick to knock these out when you're starting with 9999 EXP in everything. 5 endings left.

Last Form fight.

1st Try -
*dead*

2nd Try -
*dead*

3rd Try -
*dead*

Yeah, that sounds pretty similar to my first battles with it. Got carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey. It's one hell of a difficulty spike.

Cerebus
ending + bad ending get.

Aaaand of course
Elma
has 2 different death scenes. Of course she does. Out of all the characters in the game, she really needed them the fucking most. Not sure what the trigger is that decides between them, but I basically just spammed Sleep this time so it might be affection based, or maybe whether you're on course for the true ending. They're both depressing as hell so I can't consider one of them as the 'good' death scene.

Still learning/seeing new stuff even on my 8th run. If Ruche loses her pre-Trillion battle with
the Agent
, she just flat out dies and doesn't even get to fight Trillion. No death skill either, plus you miss out on playing as
Elma and Cerebus.
Also the Overlords all have new pre-Trillion scenes
if you revive one in chapter 9
, and Trillion's attacks do more damage the more Overlords it's killed.

3 endings left. Been saving the best for last, so that's Fegor,
Elma and Faust.

Cerebus
ending + bad ending get.

Aaaand of course
Elma
has 2 different death scenes. Of course she does. Out of all the characters in the game, she really needed them the fucking most. Not sure what the trigger is that decides between them, but I basically just spammed Sleep this time so it might be affection based, or maybe whether you're on course for the true ending. They're both depressing as hell so I can't consider one of them as the 'good' death scene.

Still learning/seeing new stuff even on my 8th run. If Ruche loses her pre-Trillion battle with
the Agent
, she just flat out dies and doesn't even get to fight Trillion. No death skill either, plus you miss out on playing as
Elma and Cerebus.
Also the Overlords all have new pre-Trillion scenes
if you revive one in chapter 9
, and Trillion's attacks do more damage the more Overlords it's killed.

3 endings left. Been saving the best for last, so that's Fegor,
Elma and Faust.

Are you just getting the "normal" endings or tbe 100% affection ones since those or different (think they are more or less the same just the 100% one is extended a bit).

Are you just getting the "normal" endings or tbe 100% affection ones since those or different (think they are more or less the same just the 100% one is extended a bit).
The 100% affection ones. I haven't tried getting an ending without 100% affection to compare, but if there's a difference, my guess is that you don't get the post credits part (with the CG) if you're not at max affection.

Fegor ending get.
I was expecting subtlety, and then the CG happened. But Fegor is awesome so it's fine, right? Right?

Elma
ending get.
11 playthroughs later and she's still bad for my heart. She'd already blown her cover way before the ending, so her declaration wasn't even slightly surprising. But Elma is awesome so it's fine, right? Right?

Faust
ending get.
Goddamn at the new contract + wedding dress. It's an absolute tragedy that basically everyone else has to be dead before you can get this one.

All endings + 100% CG gallery get. It's really hard to pick a best one, but
Faust's
stands out from my favourite characters' endings, and Ashmedia's from my not-as-favourite characters' endings. While the true ending was less satisfying in a number of ways,
I don't mind it being canon if it keeps the body count down.

My biggest discovery from these last playthroughs was that ALL the characters have 2 different death (and first departure) scenes that vary based on how far you've gotten with their affection scenes. I'd been fast-forwarding practically everything that looked familiar on repeated runs so I didn't notice them.
Elma's
death scenes were the ones that first caught my attention because they had different music from each-other.

So across my last 3 runs I watched all the alternate death scenes. And now I'm done having emotions for the rest of 2016.

Never bothered with trophies before, but apparently I'm one away from platinum. Just need to complete Challenge Mode. But once I do that I'll be 100% finished with the game, which my brain can't accept right now. So I'll hold off from attempting that until I've forgotten how to play or something.

I've gushed about how much I love this game already, and the thread's quiet as it is, so I won't say much more. But the last 2 weeks have been some of my most enjoyable since I started gaming. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself now, other than listen to Believe Again on repeat.

bomblord1

Banned
Fegor ending get.
I was expecting subtlety, and then the CG happened. But Fegor is awesome so it's fine, right? Right?

Elma
ending get.
11 playthroughs later and she's still bad for my heart. She'd already blown her cover way before the ending, so her declaration wasn't even slightly surprising. But Elma is awesome so it's fine, right? Right?

Faust
ending get.
Goddamn at the new contract + wedding dress. It's an absolute tragedy that basically everyone else has to be dead before you can get this one.

All endings + 100% CG gallery get. It's really hard to pick a best one, but
Faust's
stands out from my favourite characters' endings, and Ashmedia's from my not-as-favourite characters' endings. While the true ending was less satisfying in a number of ways,
I don't mind it being canon if it keeps the body count down.

My biggest discovery from these last playthroughs was that ALL the characters have 2 different death (and first departure) scenes that vary based on how far you've gotten with their affection scenes. I'd been fast-forwarding practically everything that looked familiar on repeated runs so I didn't notice them.
Elma's
death scenes were the ones that first caught my attention because they had different music from each-other.

So across my last 3 runs I watched all the alternate death scenes. And now I'm done having emotions for the rest of 2016.

Never bothered with trophies before, but apparently I'm one away from platinum. Just need to complete Challenge Mode. But once I do that I'll be 100% finished with the game, which my brain can't accept right now. So I'll hold off from attempting that until I've forgotten how to play or something.

I've gushed about how much I love this game already, and the thread's quiet as it is, so I won't say much more. But the last 2 weeks have been some of my most enjoyable since I started gaming. I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself now, other than listen to Believe Again on repeat.

I'm enjoying it but I definitely haven't had the emotional response you have. A game that did give me that kind of emotional response was Ar no Surge though. If your looking for a new game (since you said you don't know what to do with yourself) and haven't picked it up I highly recommend it even with the technical flaws on the vita.

I will say Trillion does seem to be criminally ignored based on the this thread.

I'm enjoying it but I definitely haven't had the emotional response you have. A game that did give me that kind of emotional response was Ar no Surge though. If your looking for a new game (since you said you don't know what to do with yourself) and haven't picked it up I highly recommend it even with the technical flaws on the vita.

I will say Trillion does seem to be criminally ignored based on the this thread.
Thanks for the suggestion. Ar nosurge is actually already sitting in my PS3 backlog, since I was a big fan of the Ar Tonelico games. There's about 15 other JRPGs in there with it though, so god knows when I'll get around to starting it.

I have trillion down to 135 billion HP and had beaten Ruche's trial thing and was headed to Trillion but I get a crash every single time I try to enter the battle.
Too far in the game to start over so I guess Im done playing this until either a patch comes out or I can work myself up to restarting the game and losing all my progress.

I have trillion down to 135 billion HP and had beaten Ruche's trial thing and was headed to Trillion but I get a crash every single time I try to enter the battle.
Too far in the game to start over so I guess Im done playing this until either a patch comes out or I can work myself up to restarting the game and losing all my progress.

Chances are there will be no patch to fix the crashing issues. Japan never got one so there's nothing for IFI to really work with when it comes to fixing them. I'm honestly amazed they let Compile Heart get away with never patching the game, considering the game didn't actually do terribly there for the kind of game it is.

I had the same issue with Levia on my 2nd playthrough where it crashed about 6 times within 30mins and all I could do was power through it until it eventually went, this was trying to fight Mokujin. Ended up having another crash when I killed Trillion with a final blow for the true ending and had to go through 150bil again. Restarting the game also will not fix any potential issues, the final fight has several problems with it that have a decent chance to occur or you could get screwed like me and have it happen even earlier than that.

Chances are there will be no patch to fix the crashing issues. Japan never got one so there's nothing for IFI to really work with when it comes to fixing them. I'm honestly amazed they let Compile Heart get away with never patching the game, then again barely anyone bought it in Japan so they likely saw no reason to.

I had the same issue with Levia on my 2nd playthrough where it crashed about 6 times within 30mins and all I could do was power through it until it eventually went, this was trying to fight Mokujin. Ended up having another crash when I killed Trillion with a final blow for the true ending and had to go through 150bil again.
Ugh. I'll keep trying tomorrow I guess. Maybe if I transfer my save to my PSTV it'll work or something.
Just sucks cause I did SO well with Ashmedia. Only reason she died was Trillion reached the border so I know Ruche is gonna end it and I can go to NG+. It's so close yet so far, haha.

Unstuck! Tried some more things and it turns out unequipping all my devil envoys did the trick.
Trillion killed Ruche but only had 55 billion HP left so Ruche's final strike finished her off. On to NG+! True Ending here I come!

I was not prepared for shy, blushing
Ashmedia.
I think she's the least well-developed (
lol
) character but that scene got me a little. Completely ruined by Japan's insistence on even their most
sexually aggressive or flirty
characters turning out to
BESTU SHY NIPPON YAMETO NADESHIKO VIRGIN
. Total fucking bullshit. It's okay to love someone who has
sexual experience and a history

Anyways, fuck these last fights holy fuck.

Projecty is the real MVP. Is there a secret Projecty ending?

Edit: ARGH SO CLOSE I wasn't doing a ton of damage with
Ashmedia
but enough and Trillion just won by crossing the line so I figured I'd just Final Strike and it took Trillion down to fucking 10 Billion left. Noooooo.

bomblord1

Banned
So finally beat Trillion with
Elma
a little upset as that wasn't the ending I wanted but didn't want to drag it out longer.

What were the requirements for the true ending? I want to decide if it's worth going through all that again.

So finally beat Trillion with
Elma
a little upset as that wasn't the ending I wanted but didn't want to drag it out longer.

What were the requirements for the true ending? I want to decide if it's worth going through all that again.
This worked for me:

- Get 100% affection with every character
- Get either 1 billion or 1.5 billion total affection points across all characters. I got 1.5 billion+ just to be safe. There's a trophy for getting 1 billion, so you can use that as a marker.
- Win Ruche's fight with the Agent in chp 5.
- Some people say you need to let Elma die during her first battle with Trillion and not retreat. Though you'll probably be fighting the final form when you're using her, meaning you can't retreat anyway.
- Choose not to revive anyone in chp 9.
- Beat Trillion with the final character.
(Zeabolos)
Some people say you need to finish it with the Final Strike death skill, so I did.

Unstuck! Tried some more things and it turns out unequipping all my devil envoys did the trick.
Trillion killed Ruche but only had 55 billion HP left so Ruche's final strike finished her off. On to NG+! True Ending here I come!
Same way I killed Trillion on my first run, congrats.

I was not prepared for shy, blushing
Ashmedia.
I think she's the least well-developed (
lol
) character but that scene got me a little. Completely ruined by Japan's insistence on even their most
sexually aggressive or flirty
characters turning out to
BESTU SHY NIPPON YAMETO NADESHIKO VIRGIN
. Total fucking bullshit. It's okay to love someone who has
sexual experience and a history

Anyways, fuck these last fights holy fuck.

Projecty is the real MVP. Is there a secret Projecty ending?

Edit: ARGH SO CLOSE I wasn't doing a ton of damage with
Ashmedia
but enough and Trillion just won by crossing the line so I figured I'd just Final Strike and it took Trillion down to fucking 10 Billion left. Noooooo.
To unlock the Projector route you need to correctly guess its hitting event 10 times in a row. Also welcome to the 1st run Ruche ending club.

bomblord1

Banned
This worked for me:

- Get 100% affection with every character
- Get either 1 billion or 1.5 billion total affection points across all characters. I got 1.5 billion+ just to be safe. There's a trophy for getting 1 billion, so you can use that as a marker.
- Win Ruche's fight with the Agent in chp 5.
- Some people say you need to let Elma die during her first battle with Trillion and not retreat. Though you'll probably be fighting the final form when you're using her, meaning you can't retreat anyway.
- Choose not to revive anyone in chp 9.
- Beat Trillion with the final character.
(Zeabolos)
Some people say you need to finish it with the Final Strike death skill, so I did.

Same way I killed Trillion on my first run, congrats.

To unlock the Projector route you need to correctly guess its hitting event 10 times in a row. Also welcome to the 1st run Ruche ending club.

How do you get
Zeabolos
as the final overlord? My first run I didn't
revive anyone
and
Faust
was the last character before I got a game over.

How do you get
Zeabolos
as the final overlord? My first run I didn't
revive anyone
and
Faust
was the last character before I got a game over.

You have to also have each character at 100% affection to get the final one for the true ending (which said character also needs to be at 100% and stay there to get the ending). The total affection points needed includes said character as well.

I'd assume you probably didn't get 100% with at least one of the characters so it defaulted you into having to kill Trillion with
Faust
or get a game over.

bomblord1

Banned
You have to also have each character at 100% affection to get the final one for the true ending (which said character also needs to be at 100% and stay there to get the ending). The total affection points needed includes said character as well.

I'd assume you probably didn't get 100% with at least one of the characters so it defaulted you into having to kill Trillion with
Faust
or get a game over.

Yea that makes sense my first overlord in my first playthroughs wasn't 100%

B.K.

I started the game last night and I'm pretty bad at it. I'm down two overlords and haven't even done 10 billion damage yet. There's no way I'm killing Trillion with just four more overlords.Should I just restart and try to do a better job raising the characters?

bomblord1

Banned
I started the game last night and I'm pretty bad at it. I'm down two overlords and haven't even done 10 billion damage yet. There's no way I'm killing Trillion with just four more overlords.Should I just restart and try to do a better job raising the characters?

Make a habit of sealing parts. New game+ carries over exp and items so don't worry too much.

Also how are you "raising" them.

Typically train until your exhaustion is high and then rest while sprinkling in some "interact" for major affection points boost. Give good presents everyday until you hit 100% affection. You want about 100k points before going into a fight. Also do the Valley literally every time you can as you get the best equipment that way.

Use the genki vitamins you get to keep exhaustion down.

Depends whether you think you've learned enough that you're confident about winning if you restart.

If you keep playing until all your Overlords are dead then you'll get the bad ending and go to NG+, which lets you carry over 10% of the total EXP gained during your entire run, plus all your items and money. So that's the safer option if you're not confident about winning on a fresh restart. It may take longer than you'd think to run out of Overlords though.

I don't have a lot of time to game on handhelds these days so I would appreciated the fastest way to get OP and beat this game. I could just go watch the endings and stuff on YT but I do want to experience the story myself. No one has written a wiki yet either. :(

I assume the Valley of Swords is the best way to level up fast but what skills to look out for and the best way to level up my Overlords would be appreciated.

I don't have a lot of time to game on handhelds these days so I would appreciated the fastest way to get OP and beat this game. I could just go watch the endings and stuff on YT but I do want to experience the story myself. No one has written a wiki yet either. :(

I assume the Valley of Swords is the best way to level up fast but what skills to look out for and the best way to level up my Overlords would be appreciated.

Mutli-Attack (which is from events only) , Solid Mind, Last Sprint. Exp Up is good if you can afford it early.

For Active Skills you want Physical Movement skills (those with orange squares) at low rank (it's more valuable to be able to move around cheaply and keep Solid Mind bonuses than to do more damage). Get 1 decent ranged magic skill to kill minions.

For Stats focus on Atk / Spd , and remember because of Last Spring you only need to get up to 333 (including equipment bonuses). Spd is only useful for Trillion / Mokujin fights so don't worry about it apart from that.

Also get a ranged attack Seal from Valley of Swords , it's almost impossible to beat the 2nd/3rd form without it.

Also take advantage of retreating from Trillion and that you get more training time when Trillion changes form.

Do be aware that seeing the full story and finishing quickly are mutually exclusive, you won't even meet some characters if you defeat Trillion ASAP , and you certainly won't get the full story.of many of the characters.

Tusk

Had been slowly playing through this, and got the bad end the other night. I feel like I'm super bad at the game. I hope getting the bad end on the first playthrough is normal.

Dig the whole Kamen Rider thing Mokujin has going on.

bomblord1

Banned
Had been slowly playing through this, and got the bad end the other night. I feel like I'm super bad at the game. I hope getting the bad end on the first playthrough is normal.

Dig the whole Kamen Rider thing Mokujin has going on.

Got the bad end my first try (thought I was the only one as everyone in here was talking about hitting the
3rd form
within a few overlords. With the experience carried over I was able to finish the fight with
Elma

Tohsaka

Question about the true ending requirements:
Do the girls need to be at 100% affection when they die, or is it okay if they were previously but had the percentage go back down? I'm on Ruche right now, and accidentally saved after lowering her to 99% with an item without realizing I didn't have any left to bring it back up before fighting Trillion. If it's a problem, I guess I'll just finish the game with her and do a NG+ with the Mokujin XP exploit thing.

Question about the true ending requirements:
Do the girls need to be at 100% affection when they die, or is it okay if they were previously but had the percentage go back down? I'm on Ruche right now, and accidentally saved after lowering her to 99% with an item without realizing I didn't have any left to bring it back up before fighting Trillion. If it's a problem, I guess I'll just finish the game with her and do a NG+ with the Mokujin XP exploit thing.

They have to be at 100% when they die.

B.K.

I just finish the game.
I got the bad ending. Trillion still had 350 billion HP after Faust died and I messed up when I started the game and didn't get my first Overlord's affection to 100%, so I didn't get to do the Zeabolos chapter. Trillion's final form was tough. Even with three of its four parts sealed, I still never managed to do 10 billion damage with a single Overlord on it. It sucks that the game is basically unbeatable in the first play through.

I just finish the game.
I got the bad ending. Trillion still had 350 billion HP after Faust died and I messed up when I started the game and didn't get my first Overlord's affection to 100%, so I didn't get to do the Zeabolos chapter. Trillion's final form was tough. Even with three of its four parts sealed, I still never managed to do 10 billion damage with a single Overlord on it. It sucks that the game is basically unbeatable in the first play through.

It's really not. I had Trillion dead by Ruche.
You just have to pay attention to what skills do and how they work together and build up a bunch of affection.

B.K.

I finally killed Trillion a few weeks ago on my second playthrough with
Faust.
I didn't have her affection to 100%, so I got the bad version of her ending where
she still took Zeabolos' soul to restore her underworld.
I'll never get the true ending, so I Youtubed it. I hate that ending. It's the biggest copout I've ever seen.

Currently €8 / £6.49 on EU PSN (2 week sale), $16 on US PSN (1 week sale). There's no excuse for not buying it now, even if you hate anime girls. You can just send them off to get slaughtered and laugh like the piece of shit that you are.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys i think i have a (huge?)problem with trillion god of destruction, i have lots of passive skills but since the beginning only one is shown during fights(solid mind), is it a bug or what? I focused on passive skills so i need them!

Guys i think i have a (huge?)problem with trillion god of destruction, i have lots of passive skills but since the beginning only one is shown during fights(solid mind), is it a bug or what? I focused on passive skills so i need them!
Most passive skills are based on you not moving then when you attack the multiplier you built up is used and vanishes so you can build it up again.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Most passive skills are based on you not moving then when you attack the multiplier you built up is used and vanishes so you can build it up again.

i understand, but i have skills based on the number of enemies on map, the numbers of enemies killed and so on, what's the point of showing only solid mind?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Dunno, avoiding clutter?
There are a lot of passives and the screen can already get crowded as it is.

Apparently only skills that resets to 0 are displayed, i don't like it though, in a game with a limited time where you need to plan each day to get a certain skill or another it's really important to see how effective skills are, especially if the game gives you the option to show those effects or not

I was a bit more experimental and messed around with the skills and setup with each character, so I beat Trillion quite a bit late in the game, after
reviving Fegor
those final 75 billion were intense. Onto NG+. I'm now gonna try and get the True Ending now.

Chose Mammon first and beat the first form without much trouble. So far so good. But those damn wing flaps are annoying to deal with.

Also, how do you get the passive skill Lifeline? After Ruche all my characters had it, is tied to her event or I got really lucky?

Top Bottom