• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

nin1000

Banned
What do you think of her claim?

I can only tell you what i would do. I would stay in the thread in order to repsond to every question there is on order to help town. Claiming and leaving us with only her claim is not very helpful. Come back Scrafty !

CzarTim

Pardon me for trying to bring some levity into this party.

Worst wedding ever.

Your assessment is vague enough that I don't know how to respond. I feel like you post that way a lot, which is probably why I scum read you. Have you ever been town?

always town
#mosttown

Fireblend

Banned
It's possible that you trying to make your vote have weight is what I'm seeing as serious. But frankly, you just aren't posting like you're having any fun. It's like you feel obligated to show up.
That sounds so sad :( I am having fun!

Anyway,

Unvote

Not sure where to go from here with my vote. I'd like to hear from Scrafty and see if she has any reason to vote for RNH beyond inactivity. It sounds like she does?

Lynching an inactive like Kalor is OK I guess, but I'd like to avoid it. The next one on my list is Non and Tim but I don't think I have the evidence, energy or time to push either today.

What do you think of her claim?

I doubt all claims until there is supplemental proof. Gafia seems to love making fake claims, and lying about how their roles work. It's meta but I find it pretty consistent through games.

But that's a policy doubt. I don't know whether to believe her claim. It isn't a role I'm familiar with. I still confuse all the words for informational roles, like I would mix up watcher and tracker.

I think her lack of explanation of her choices to cop isn't reassuring me. Why kingkitty? Why this other player? It reads like someone being slippery and not honest.

CzarTim

I doubt all claims until there is supplemental proof. Gafia seems to love making fake claims, and lying about how their roles work. It's meta but I find it pretty consistent through games.

But that's a policy doubt. I don't know whether to believe her claim. It isn't a role I'm familiar with. I still confuse all the words for informational roles, like I would mix up watcher and tracker.

I think her lack of explanation of her choices to cop isn't reassuring me. Why kingkitty? Why this other player? It reads like someone being slippery and not honest.

So you are saying we should lynch the claimed cop on day two?

vote: weemadarthur

So you are saying we should lynch the claimed cop on day two?

vote: weemadarthur

Gafia has a serious problem with catching scum, then just letting them go because they claim to be something important.

If we have a truly believable cop claim, then no I wouldn't leave my vote there. But a wishy washy claim without saying who's cleared, and not coming back, isn't believable in my book.

Still, I haven't left the thread. I've said it would take something significant to take my vote off Scrafty, and if we get to significant, I will do so. I'm currently reviewing the thread to see who I would vote for instead of her if it came to that.

Kalor

Gafia has a serious problem with catching scum, then just letting them go because they claim to be something important.

If we have a truly believable cop claim, then no I wouldn't leave my vote there. But a wishy washy claim without saying who's cleared, and not coming back, isn't believable in my book.

Still, I haven't left the thread. I've said it would take something significant to take my vote off Scrafty, and if we get to significant, I will do so. I'm currently reviewing the thread to see who I would vote for instead of her if it came to that.

She did say that she would reveal the cleared person if her death was certain but ideally that information would be outed since then the scum could just go after the cleared person. At this point it's not like saying that information will be important since anyone could make up a cleared person.

She did say that she would reveal the cleared person if her death was certain but ideally that information would be outed since then the scum could just go after the cleared person. At this point it's not like saying that information will be important since anyone could make up a cleared person.

That is possible. But it doesn't outweigh her disappearance after claiming and her general refusal to answer questions this whole game.

Fireblend

Banned
Cop isn't a role scum can claim and just leave there. They can risk maaaybe letting a doctor live like in Batman (plus presumably there knew there was a high chance the doctor was helping then :p)

A cop is too risky though. If Scrafty is cop, I doubt she'll survive the night. Scrafty, what's your plan here? Now that you've claimed, it makes 0 sense not to share everything you've got.

Fireblend

Banned
In fact, Weemad is somewhat right. Scrafty's post makes little sense. It's almost as if she's saying "don't vote me or I'll share useful information!"

roytheone

The way I look at cop claims is that if they are fake, that will become clear very quickly. A cop is way to powerful for scum to let live, so if she keeps on living and not giving us a scum/neutral result, it becomes very suspicious and we should lynch her. Sure, scum could let her live on purpose to put suspicion on her, but that would also give her more nights to get us results, which would be confirmed when we eventually lynch her, which is not a bad end result imo. Therefore I am always very hesitant to lynch a cop claim early in the game.

Ty4on

I don't have any real read of Scrafty, but I feel her late D1 vote was a little weird for a scum to do (just brought unwanted attention). I don't like her low attention, but she was caught up in the memcache error and I don't find her claim that hard to believe.

Wee I also don't have much of a read on, but my gut says town. She's been more reasonable than in Batman (which initially made me a little suspicious), but it seems genuine and not like an act.

I'm going to work now and probably won't be here for the day end, but I still want people to pressure Bronx. I really didn't like the backpedal he made when I asked for clarification and he believed Launch's claim before Launch made the full claim.

Morning everyone.

Cop isn't a role scum can claim and just leave there. They can risk maaaybe letting a doctor live like in Batman (plus presumably there knew there was a high chance the doctor was helping then :p)

A cop is too risky though. If Scrafty is cop, I doubt she'll survive the night. Scrafty, what's your plan here? Now that you've claimed, it makes 0 sense not to share everything you've got.

To be fair, the way she worded her power it is very easy to get away with. The way her power "works" is to say if someone is with or against town. Well, she knows who town is, so saying someone is working "with town" is an easy thing to do (scum can just kill that person later). In the off chance she hits a neutral who is against town, it's not like that person is going to call her on it and get them both killed.

It is pretty ingenious, actually.

IF, and this is a big IF, Scrafty is telling the truth, her not outing the person makes sense kind of. Right now, if there is a doctor, they can protect Scrafty. BUT, if Scrafty tells us who the person working with King Kitty was (and KK is confirmed town via death) then suddenly there are two people for a doctor to protect: Scrafty AND the "helper" as it were. Now it's a 50/50 shot instead of our (hypothetical at this point) doctor knowing exactly whom to protect.

I set an alarm just in case, so I'm here now.

To answer a few questions: my power is not limited by table, it only tells me whether the individuals in question are on the same team and not what team it is, and I chose KingKitty because he was pushing hard for my death yesterday and I wanted to make sure he wasn't a scum trying to pull something.

I didn't want to reveal the idenitity of the other person I checked because if they died I'd be back to square one investigation-wise but seeing as how I'm probably going to die anyways:

Bronx-Man is confirmed town.

Ty4on

Those who want to lynch Scrafty, read her posts first. There are few enough you should be able to read them all in detail.

Ty4on

To answer a few questions: my power is not limited by table, it only tells me whether the individuals in question are on the same team and not what team it is, and I chose KingKitty because he was pushing hard for my death yesterday and I wanted to make sure he wasn't a scum trying to pull something.

I didn't want to reveal the idenitity of the other person I checked because if they died I'd be back to square one investigation-wise but seeing as how I'm probably going to die anyways:

OK, did you leave any hints for this?

Reading your initial post D2 it sounded like you had cleared Nin and that's what I would have thought had you flipped cop without telling us who you cleared.

Yeah, I'll agree that the balance of probability is that Bronxman is town. Why, after this morning's fire drill, I wound up sitting next to him. And I feel perfectly safe, no stress at all.

Now Xam on my other side, I'm regularly 'accidentally' elbowing in the face!

OK, did you leave any hints for this?

Reading your initial post D2 it sounded like you had cleared Nin and that's what I would have thought had you flipped cop without telling us who you cleared.

I don't believe so, no. I was going to use him to systematically test everyone I'm suspicious of, but if I'm going to die then everyone should at least have someone to trust.

Burbeting

Banned
So claims right now:

Launchpad - Town aligned table scrambler (1-shot).
Terrabyte - Motion Detector of some sort?
Scrafty - Modified cop
Bronx-man - Supposedly cleared by Scrafty

Claims outside roles:

Xam - Claims to have been poisoned?
Roy - Claims to have been doused in gasoline

Am I missing something?

roytheone

So claims right now:

Launchpad - Town aligned table scrambler (1-shot).
Terrabyte - Motion Detector of some sort?
Scrafty - Modified cop
Bronx-man - Supposedly cleared by Scrafty

Claims outside roles:

Xam - Claims to have been poisoned?
Roy - Claims to have been doused in gasoline

Am I missing something?

I don't think Xam ever claimed being poisoned, just that he drank a drink that was put before him, the poison part was just speculation as far as I remember.

The way I look at cop claims is that if they are fake, that will become clear very quickly. A cop is way to powerful for scum to let live, so if she keeps on living and not giving us a scum/neutral result, it becomes very suspicious and we should lynch her. Sure, scum could let her live on purpose to put suspicion on her, but that would also give her more nights to get us results, which would be confirmed when we eventually lynch her, which is not a bad end result imo. Therefore I am always very hesitant to lynch a cop claim early in the game.

Your points are extremely convincing to me, Roy. Thank you.

I will therefore move my vote to my next scum candidate.

I'm going to shift my vote to RobotNinjaHornets purely based on their inactivity. I want to hear more from them before the day ends.

He clearly stated he won't have internet until Sunday. If he isn't extremely contributive on day three, I will absolutely join this vote. But you're parking a useless prod vote just like Scrafty did.

Vote: kalor

Burbeting

Banned
I don't think Xam ever claimed being poisoned, just that he drank a drink that was put before him, the poison part was just speculation as far as I remember.

Okay. It did feel weird that everyone suddenly talked about him being poisoned instead of him just drinking "something", when I didn't notice him saying that, but I lined that as missing his post about that somehow.

Kalor

Your points are extremely convincing to me, Roy. Thank you.

I will therefore move my vote to my next scum candidate.

He clearly stated he won't have internet until Sunday. If he isn't extremely contributive on day three, I will absolutely join this vote. But you're parking a useless prod vote just like Scrafty did.

Vote: kalor

I must have missed his post about not having internet when I checked earlier. Since that's the case then I'll unvote.

Unvote

Ourobolus

Banned
To start, I want to say that I am still surprised that Ouro didn't take the bait I setup for him on day 1, I voted him and he proceeded to completely ignore it, not even bringing it up today even when there is two other player (I guess now 3?) who are willing to vote me out.
[...]
And if I survive today I want to really look into Ourobolus tomorrow, mostly because I don't like been ignored.

I replied to your post on that same page. You said I was being "patient," which I responded with an equally vague "?"

Well, I'm off to get my beauty sleep and it's possible that I won't be awake in time for the deadline so let me just say this:

I am Palmer_v1, Keeper of the Rules, and my power lets me check whether two guests are working together or against each other. On Night 1 I checked an individual against KingKitty and they turned out to be working together. In the wake of KK's tragic demise I can safely say this individual is confirmed to be town. I won't reveal who it is unless my death is a certain thing as I don't wish to paint a target on their back, but safe to say thanks to them I now have a reliable way to check for scum each night.

Do with this information what you will. If you still believe I'm worth killing then so be it. I'm not going to make any excuses, but I also will not move my vote away from weemad because I truly do believe that they're guilty. RNH seems guilty by association but the verdict's still out on him.

I still trust you Fireblend, despite everything. You're honest and trying your best. Same goes for Ouro and CzarTim.

Huh. That's...believable.

Cop is a decent role for scum to claim, because if they just keep finding "town" it's not like anyone is going to chime in and say "no, wait, I'm actually scum!" That said, a cop claim doesn't warrant an immediate lynch in my book.

lol, totally forgot to comment on his behavior.

I was a little irritated with his "lengthy post to follow" post, only for it to be nothing. But still, because of the actual function of his ability (although whatever the "extra" thing is he has up his sleeve could change my feelings towards him), he's most likely town, with a slight chance of being neutral.

For the record, I originally thought it would be a good idea to share the other part of my ability, but reconsidered.

Well, I'm off to get my beauty sleep and it's possible that I won't be awake in time for the deadline so let me just say this:

I am Palmer_v1, Keeper of the Rules, and my power lets me check whether two guests are working together or against each other. On Night 1 I checked an individual against KingKitty and they turned out to be working together. In the wake of KK's tragic demise I can safely say this individual is confirmed to be town. I won't reveal who it is unless my death is a certain thing as I don't wish to paint a target on their back, but safe to say thanks to them I now have a reliable way to check for scum each night.

Do with this information what you will. If you still believe I'm worth killing then so be it. I'm not going to make any excuses, but I also will not move my vote away from weemad because I truly do believe that they're guilty. RNH seems guilty by association but the verdict's still out on him.

I still trust you Fireblend, despite everything. You're honest and trying your best. Same goes for Ouro and CzarTim.

Didn't bold the role name, that's a #scumtell.

Anyway, I believe Scrafty. I'm not down for lynching her without testing her claim.

I actually still really want to lynch Nin. He doesn't feel like he's acting from general confusion or just coming from a weird place like he usually is. He sounds like he's been trying to piece something together about me with some extra information. I'm not sure what to make of it. Kalor, for me, was a null read, but I'll support the lynch to make things a little more decisive.

VOTE: Kalor

Meanwhile, I believe weemad is something to keep an eye on going forward. I'll see what's what with him next phase.

I must have missed his post about not having internet when I checked earlier. Since that's the case then I'll unvote.

Unvote

Good, good. I wanted you to continue having a vote that says nothing when we look at it in the future.

But that's not why I think you're scum. And unvoting the absentee isn't going to make me unvote you.

Burbeting

Banned
Scrafty, if you think responding to this question helps scum, don't respond to it. But is your power limited to targeting just people in the same table as you?

That was probably me then. I'm the one that linked Xam's "someone gave me a drink" to Time and Nin's exchange about someone poisoning a water glass.

I still don't really trust Xam on that; seems either

1. An impressive coincidence
2. Xam using it as a smoke screen
3. Time knew the power was in the game

Of the three 2 is, imo, the most likely. I'm fine with not lynching him and letting the "drink" play out. If he lives with no other effects, maybe we revisit.

For current vote I am less sure.

Burbeting

Banned
Even though I think Xam is suspicious, but using it as a smoke-screen would be really foolish. The lie would be caught pretty quickly, either after nothing happens, or after nobody else is given a drink (would power like that be 1-shot?).

Ourobolus

Banned
That was probably me then. I'm the one that linked Xam's "someone gave me a drink" to Time and Nin's exchange about someone poisoning a water glass.

I still don't really trust Xam on that; seems either

1. An impressive coincidence
2. Xam using it as a smoke screen
3. Time knew the power was in the game

Of the three 2 is, imo, the most likely. I'm fine with not lynching him and letting the "drink" play out. If he lives with no other effects, maybe we revisit.

For current vote I am less sure.

AB, something has been bugging me with your thoughts on a poisoner. You were the first to bring up the idea of a poisoner (although your specific take on the role was a little different than what seems to be happening:

Guess I will be the first to speculate about a role that traps their own seat, so that when Retro makes us move, the next person (or person x after that) dies. Sort of a take on a poisoner.

Also table 2 is CLEARLY the best table how is this even a discussion

Even though I think Xam is suspicious, but using it as a smoke-screen would be really foolish. The lie would be caught pretty quickly, either after nothing happens, or after nobody else is given a drink (would power like that be 1-shot?).
Again only if people remember he said it at all. The discussion about it dropped off rather quickly.

As for "one-shot or not", my guess is that IF it is a killing power and IF it is scum instead of a neutral killer, then it is one-shot. It would have to be.

AB, something has been bugging me with your thoughts on a poisoner. You were the first to bring up the idea of a poisoner (although your specific take on the role was a little different than what seems to be happening:
Yes. I brought it up 12 posts before Time's rather more specific post about poisoning glasses. My theory also targeted the seat instead of a person, since I was continuing discussion of the map mechanic.

RetroMG

"Hey."
"Yeah?"
"You ever wonder why we're here?"
"It's one of life's great mysteries, isn't it? Why are we here? Are we the product of some cosmic coincidence? Or is there really a God, watching over us, like with a plan for us and stuff? I dunno, man. But it keeps me up at night."
"What? No. I meant why are we here, at this table?"
"Oh. Right."
"What was all that stuff about God?"
"Huh? Nothing."
"You want to talk about it?"
"No."
"You sure?"
"Yes."

Current Vote Count:

kalor (4)
roytheone 876
ty4on 947 (1062)
czartim 1138 (1155)
nin1000 1139
weemadarthur 1175
launchpadmcq 1179

scraftydevil (2)
fireblend 637 (1153)
weemadarthur 881 (1175)
timeaisis 1004
camjo-z 1113

weemadarthur (2)
xamtheking 652 (762)
czartim 805 (1138)
scraftydevil 883
czartim 1155

salvapot (2)
terrabyte20xx 830
burbeting 1026

nin1000 (1)
xamtheking 762 (842)
launchpadmcq 773 (1179)
kalor 868 (1143)
xamtheking 950 (961)
xamtheking 972

fireblend (1)
robotninjahornets 808

bronx-man (1)
ty4on 1062

xamtheking (1)
salvapot 1123

hyperactivity (0)
burbeting 614 (1020)
xamtheking 842 (865)

terrabyte20xx (0)
czartim 629 (802)

robotninjahornets (0)
scraftydevil 851 (883)
kalor 1143 (1177)

absolutbro (0)
ourobolus 863 (999)

burbeting (0)
nin1000 915 (1022)

timeaisis (0)
xamtheking 961 (972)

The following players do not have an active vote in place at this time:
AbsolutBro
Bronx-man
BananaSpacePrincess
Fireblend
Kalor
Ourobolus

Day 2 will end in:
gra_1462032000.png

Yes, I'm ripping off Red vs Blue for fluff. That is how tired I am.

Burbeting

Banned
I'm trying to gather up all my thoughts to one big post now, but I wanted to note that it was bit odd in Salva's big post to vote on Xam at this point of the game, when we don't know what his claim actually will mean. I also felt that his praise on me was some way of ass-kissing his voter, which is always bothersome. Still, it's good that he posted something substansial, which is not something I can say from some players.

Okay, I must have missed it.

So that does put the theory of PR's being able to target only the table they are sitting on into jeopardy.

My role makes special mention of the fact that my power isn't limited by the seating arrangement so it's still possible that some powers are.

Kalor

Well, I said I would claim at 2/3 hours to go if I was a vote leader and I want to give people time to react so here we go.

I'm Xamtheking, Lord of Xamxiety and am an even night commuter. Every other night I get xamxiety and get up from my chair. I almost didn't say if it was odd or even but I'm protected tonight anyway so I would at least live another day if I'm not lynched. Of course as a result of my role I can't exactly give any new information but that's what it is. If people still want to lynch me to prove my role then so be it.

Top Bottom