• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken |OT2| Pulse of the Regionally Discriminated Knuckleheads

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I pretty much cut soda out of my diet about two years and only drink water. I only craved soda/something flavored for two weeks after quitting, and now I never think about it. In fact, I feel disgusted whenever I see soda.

My next challenge is to lower my carb intake, but it's extremely difficult. All the food I love is all carbs (bread, rice, pasta, etc.), and I'm not a big meat eater. Think I'm gonna put myself in a one week, low carb challenge and then gradually make a habit of eating very few carbs. I need to find a low carb, vegetarian recipe book or something, but I also don't want all my protein to be from soy.

Fixing my sleep patterns is the other major thing, along with incorporating more exercise. What are you doing to improve your lifestyle?

I dropped soda and reduced bread intake for about 6 months and lost over 30lbs just from that. That was years ago, but I haven't regained the weight (float around 175lbs now) but I'd like to cut down on my gut. Exercise....sigh.

Sayah

^^^Look at this hero being all healthy....

The place I'm working at right now has free chocolate bars for employees in the kitchen that's restocked every weekend. Everytime I go into the kitchen to the refill my water bottle I see that pile of kitkats, reese cups, and chocolate chip granola bars.... I'm too weak to resist and it's crumbling my diet. I'm trying to curb it by bringing grapes and dates with me to work to get my sugar intake from something more... natural? But I still end up faltering to those chocolate bars a couple times every week :( Today being one of them LOL.
I also had left-over cookies & cream ice cream that I couldn't help but finish after dinner today... curse my insatiable sweet tooth :(

I finally beat the first boss of the NiOh alpha.Had this one rally of pure zen where I was focused enough to parrry every attack... but I still get wrecked when facing more than one enemy at once. I hope I haven't spoiled myself of the entire combat tree that will be available in the final game and there will be more to explore. 60FPS combat is just unbeatable... Bloodborne eat your heart out!
I quit candy awhile ago. Then suddenly relapsed after I saw a 75% off sale after Christmas. Really regretted buying all that candy. Now I'm back to not eating candy either. Just trying my best to avoid all the processed/sugary garbage foods. Just the other day, I went to the supermarket and saw a new flavor of chips that looked really good. I picked up the bag and after 10 minutes of walking around in the store, I put the bag back. Everytime I imagine food, I envision the actual sugar. Like I envision the soda can is filled to the top with sugar and that's what I'm drinking. Same for stuff like chips, I envision lots of salt and stuff fried in unhealthy oils. It really helps motivate me to avoid garbage foods.

With that said, I have a long way to go if I want to be in the best shape. Just keep setting up goals and failing, but I won't stop trying. I did it with soda, and I can hope to eventually do it with the other stuff.

I never used to be so health conscious until I educated myself more and realized how really damn terrible most of the stuff we're eating is. Now I'm reading nutrition facts on everything and if its got ingredients I can't pronounce or don't know about, I try not to buy it.

Edit: Also, if you need to fulfill your sugar cravings, I would highly recommend Kind bars. Very low sugars and ingredients you can easily identify.

nsvariety_550x600.png
I dropped soda and reduced bread intake for about 6 months and lost over 30lbs just from that. That was years ago, but I haven't regained the weight (float around 175lbs now) but I'd like to cut down on my gut. Exercise....sigh.

That's what I'm aiming for now!! I did my Wii Fit U test and I'm in the normal range for BMI (I'm a skinny guy) but I still feel unhealthy af because my diet still needs fixing with all this carb intake. Need to really get some stuff going. I'm posting here so it'll motivate me.

What are you doing to improve your lifestyle?

After two years of no sports at all i dug my heavy bag out of the garage and put it up in the computer room. Trying to make a habit of doing some bag work at least every other day. Been kinda so-so on keeping to that, but much better than nothing at all.

Also trying to go outside for walks a bit more but the weather's been.. uncooperative lately.

GrayFoxPL

He did pretty good job!

Northwest Majors 8 Schedule for Tekken

Saturday, April 30 2016

Tekken 7 Pools / Top 32 to Top 8 10:00 AM (PST) - 8:00 PM (PST)

on https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Sunday, May 1 2016

Tekken 7 Finals 10:00 AM (PST) - 12:30 PM (PST)

on https://www.twitch.tv/teamkhaos

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Finals 1:00 PM (PST) - 4:00 PM (PST)

on https://www.twitch.tv/seattletekken

Thanks for this! I always miss tourneys.

GrayFoxPL

Aris says T7:FR is getting graphical overhaul and "The game gonna look a lot different next time they'll show it."

Maybe the figured out how to implement motion blur in ue4 without losing 20 fps.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Aris says T7:FR is getting graphical overhaul and "The game gonna look a lot different next time they'll show it."

Maybe the figured out how to implement motion blur in ue4 without losing 20 fps.

Or how to make the characters stand out without heavily washed out backgrounds full of chromatic aberration.

Sayah

Maybe they got rid of the piss yellow filter we were seeing in Jungle Outpost....and brought back the sunny-ness in the Souq stage.

joeblow

My guess is that it'll have some PS4 Neo capable visual upgrades added. Nothing to affect gameplay on the vanilla PS4, but impressive stuff nonetheless.

joeblow

Sure it does. The extra effects would be added to the arcade version first, which in theory would make the PS4 Neo version a perfect port when it finally comes out.

What I'm saying is if not for the Neo upgrade, the Tekken team might not have upgraded the T7: FR visuals in the arcade to ensure the vanilla PS4 version would be close to a perfect port.

Rajang

No it doesn't it makes it look more natural, like it was filmed with an actual lens. Saying it looks ugly is like saying the majority of photos & films you've ever seen are ugly because tons of lenses have CA.

Yes, I do think its ugly. I prefer a clean image.

Bloodborne is another game that uses it and the CA makes it just look awful:

Ar1eo08.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
No it doesn't it makes it look more natural, like it was filmed with an actual lens. Saying it looks ugly is like saying the majority of photos & films you've ever seen are ugly because tons of lenses have CA.

In photography and filming, chromatic aberration is not desirable, and many strides have been taken to reduce it's presence. It's usually a sign of low-quality lenses. It's not a natural look, it's a low-definition look.

Doomshine

I never understood why you would want to make your game look like it was seen through a lens anyway. In 1st person games I think it's mostly fine, but in most 3rd person games I just think it looks dumb.

In photography and filming, chromatic aberration is not desirable, and many strides have been taken to reduce it's presence. It's usually a sign of low-quality lenses. It's not a natural look, it's a low-definition look.

Sounds like you went to Wikipedia to dig that up. Saying it's not desirable is completely opinion based. It has NOTHING to do with definition either. All lenses have different characteristics and none are perfect. When choosing a lens for a shot you of course always take the mm range into account when compared to the sensor size & film size but also what the unique lens' properties are. Almost all lenses have CA it's just a matter of how much you want. It's like saying you should only shoot with ISO200 because it gives the cleanist image. It's literally an artistic decision and you can't argue that it's not because it's been added on purpose. It gives more personality and character to the game's visuals and doesn't look as jarring and fake as straight AA does.

I never understood why you would want to make your game look like it was seen through a lens anyway. In 1st person games I think it's mostly fine, but in most 3rd person games I just think it looks dumb.

Because video games are pretty much completely divoid of the art of cinematography. Adding things like CA, filters, and some DOF is an attempt to make more meaningful and unique artistic decisions with the visuals. They tell you ALL the time in school that a clean image is a boring image.

kdash7

Yo guys!! I finally caved in n bought a super slim PS3... m waiting for my copy of TTT2! Hopefully I will get a chance to play online with u guys. I'm from India btw.. if I didn't mention earlier. :)

GrayFoxPL

Yo guys!! I finally caved in n bought a super slim PS3... m waiting for my copy of TTT2! Hopefully I will get a chance to play online with u guys. I'm from India btw.. if I didn't mention earlier. :)

Great! Wonder hows the connection with India.

I need to get my rust off, haven't played in ages.

sasuke_91

That's ~6-7k km away from Germany. Not as far away as Dereck, but still way too far.

We can try anyway :p
Just tell us when your TTT2 copy arrives.

Dereck

I took one of my smaller LCD TVs out of my closet for a particular reason other than to play video games on it. While it was out, I hooked it up just to make sure that somehow it still worked after having not being turned on for over 2 years. I played some Dark Souls III just to test the framerate and then I tested Tag 2.

This is the same TV that I used to play Tag 2 around the time it came out 3 years ago. I was playing on this laggy son of a bitch for two years and when I first started playing this game competitively outside of my house, I noticed that I was used to playing Tag 2 on a slower TV. Ever since then, I have abstained from ever playing a fighting game on a TV if I could help it. I decided to go online while on this TV and I dropped combos, on every combo. Completely unacceptable.

Sometimes I don't even turn on my bigger TV just because I know that monitors generally have less lag and sometimes that decrease in lag lends itself better to non-fighting games as well. I have moved my monitor from desk to desk, with a huge dusty TV just sitting there because I can't play on that shit anymore. The only thing my TVs are good for nowadays are for watching things.

Gambit61

If any of you planned on dropping the dollars on those King statues, today is the last day to pre-order. You can save 35 bucks with these coupon codes KINGBLEX35 (for Black) KINGPUEX35 (for Purple). FYI if you don't pre-order there's a slim to nil chance of ever getting it.

I actually own this one. Don't be jealous!

Welp, back to dreaming of owning one of these.
GJ on the Samus statue, that is one of my favorites of theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom