• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Nokterian

Yep, feeling the same here. I'll definitely get my 8th stash tab, but I don't see myself bothering with trying to get to Conqueror on the season journey. I'll admit I'm also missing the energy and dynamic the Clan had back during RoS Launch, the few people playing just doesn't quite feel the same.

I just play other games for the moment it is a chore to play it isn't challenging to me at the moment i will play in pieces a few rifts and then i am done.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
This Delsere set dungeon is cancer. I want to throw my keyboard out of a goddamn window. Any tips?

This Delsere set dungeon is cancer. I want to throw my keyboard out of a goddamn window. Any tips?

I did it without Aether Walker and pretty crappy gear last season, it was a pain in the ass. Definitely want Ranslor to pull stuff together so you can slow time them all, and a lot of it is kinda RNG, if you fuck up one of the slow time on a pack of stuff you're probably not getting it due to the dungeon not having that many occasions to get enough mobs in one spot. Don't focus on the force wave reflect shit though, that kinda gets done on its own. After that it's mostly a matter of memorizing the dungeon so you do a route that checks every spots so you don't forget something. Also if you know an area where mobs spawn is right after a pack of the little guys, and there's not enough of them, it can be worth it just walking to the next spot without killing them making sure they follow you, so you can use them.

It's just pretty bad overall, was one of the worst set dungeons I've done. Vyr and Firebird were also terrible, wizard set dungeons were awful(firebird is less awful now supposedly though).

Radec

NSv7wP1.jpg

KuGsj.gif

Lain

Yeah massacre bonus exp is kinda insane. Getting a couple levels back to back because of one massacre bonus was my highlight of the day as I went to hit 70 on my seasonal wizard.

Wallach

Yeah that combo bonus becoming a multiplier has made TX adventure mode pretty nice for XP, and the cow level is nuts.

Got nice and fat on some new season yesterday. Cleared GR60 and am around P415 somewhere. Quite like the Helltooth Garg setup, they really fuck shit up nowadays.

Radec

I just completed Inna's and the jump from 4pc bonus to 6 was huge. I literally don't do damage on T6 and now T8 is a cake walk.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a way to do the numlock autocast while still being able to hold LMB for casting? The whole thing's kind of a pain in the ass.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just completed Inna's and the jump from 4pc bonus to 6 was huge. I literally don't do damage on T6 and now T8 is a cake walk.

Speaking of Inna set, does the 6 piece gives every runes to every mystic allies? That would be pretty nice.

biaxident

Speaking of Inna set, does the 6 piece gives every runes to every mystic allies? That would be pretty nice.

It gives you every runed mystic ally and with crudest boots that's 2 allies per rune. With 50% bonus damage per ally and with the bracers (bindings of the lesser gods I think or something) allies really hit like a truck. I have a tasker and theo I can cube too so more wrecking.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So, what am I doing wrong on my wizard: I currently have 0 arcane damage on my gear, and a few pieces with fire damage, but when I am in archon my abilities do arcane damage. As far as I'm aware, archon is supposed to use whichever element you have the most +% damage in, but it's not working for my firebird/archon char.

It looks like it's using the element of my archon rune instead, which isn't supposed to be the case?

Leveling up a monk to 70 solo was the worst experience ever. The 2 piece starter of Innas doesn't really help much at all. Then the 4pc just helped defensively. I lucked out and got a band of hallowed whisper which haunted mobs for 13m+ with shit gear and got me through GR20.

Addnan

The difference in how hard gr20 is between the classes with 4 piece starter set is amazing. DH 4 piece marauders gr20 is a piss walk.

Cipherr

Been grinding my ass off, but cannot get the Multishot build items to drop for anything on my DH. I havent even seen them drop at all. Trying to save my DB's for rerolling them into ancients later.

Maledict

The difference in how hard gr20 is between the classes with 4 piece starter set is amazing. DH 4 piece marauders gr20 is a piss walk.

The mage one is weird - Del'sires has no damage bonuses until the 6 piece bonus, so whilst you can't be killed you can't kill anything either. I know I just need to grind T1 until I get some decent weapons and gear but it is slightly frustrating!

Baliis

The mage one is weird - Del'sires has no damage bonuses until the 6 piece bonus, so whilst you can't be killed you can't kill anything either. I know I just need to grind T1 until I get some decent weapons and gear but it is slightly frustrating!

WD is like that too, you get all your fetishes and massive DR from them, but no damage then have to go farm two piece of another set to do any damage

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I lucked out with some good stuff. Got the belt that boosts signature spells and the wand that boosts Spectral Blade, so the attack speed and damage of spectral blade is pretty insane with those stacked, that was enough to see me through. Still using that build too with the Delseres 6p. I haven't researched anything about wizards this season so I don't even know what my goal is, I'm just building around what I get and having a good time.

I did it with Inna's and 2 Yellow Weapons. I think I had a total of 6 piece that weren't yellow and 4 of them were Inna's...

Corsick

Trying to gear up with a thorns based crusader is absolute misery. I have 0 pieces of my set and have to do Grifts on hard.

Wallach

Rolled my ancient Sacred Harvester finally, which allowed me to get GR70. Also got the extra stash stuff done thanks to eeks' crazy blasto Monk and a phat TX rift where many goblins were sacrificed. Around the point where I'll need to slow things down and start working on gems and GR60-70s to get some CD gem fodder going.

w4ttsup

Any tips for a first time WD?

I only have 2 pieces of both Zuni's and Helltooth's so far, but that's been good enough for T4/T5.

I'm guessing I should be crafting ceremonial knives eh?

I only have 2 pieces of both Zuni's and Helltooth's so far, but that's been good enough for T4/T5.

check out diablofans.com for popular builds and guides (often times with vids). you can also peek at the leaderboards for a good idea of not only what items you may want to farm, but what kinds of rolls you should be lookign for.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

My WD only has 2pcs of the free set so far too. I can handle T1/T2 pretty well but not much more yet. I plan on running rifts now to collect keystones for GR's next in order to get gems and legendaries to gear up. Along the way I'll get the rest of the free set which should help a ton.

I've never really played a well geared WD yet, looking forward to seeing what the class can do at the higher levels.

Baliis

I'm enjoying WD so far but I really need to finish up a set that isn't straight zunis. I have a great dagger of darts but it's such a squishy build in HC.

At 52 so far isn't bad, but I think pushing too much higher will get me into trouble, especially at the beginning before all my sycophants are out.

moojito

Out of interest, why would people want to farm high end greater rifts? Do you get more high end drops from just the grift boss?
My understanding was that you'd want to farm normal rifts for gear and doing greater rifts was really just all about your place on the leaderboard/levelling gems.

Wallach

Out of interest, why would people want to farm high end greater rifts? Do you get more high end drops from just the grift boss?
My understanding was that you'd want to farm normal rifts for gear and doing greater rifts was really just all about your place on the leaderboard/levelling gems.

Greater Rifts are farmed for a few reasons:

- To increase your legendary gem levels (even if your "main" gems are not able to be leveled by your current GR level, you can level fodder gems that you need to consume to apply Despair buffs to your ancient gear).

- XP gain is ultimately most efficient inside of a GR. The change to the massacre bonus helped boost adventure mode / bounties XP but nothing is really that close to the XP gained from clearing GRs efficiently.

- Loot and blood shards are pretty good per unit of time assuming you are getting decent clear times (and do scale up as you increase GR levels).

Overall the main reason people farm GRs is the XP. Getting high Paragon levels is one of the best ways to improve your character's overall power level and around the halfway point of the season you'll start to see that the top leaderboard spots are consistently taken by the players with the highest Paragon levels. Plus you get to work up a lot of legendary gems so you are ready to apply Despair buffs to any good ancient gear you get.

joesmokey

Firebird Archon is kind of interesting so far. The damage output with The Furnace cubed is absolutely insane, however outside of Archon mode, there's almost no survivability. It looks like this spec will be all about fishing for grifts with high density. It's very fun to have elites melt instantly though.

moojito

Greater Rifts are farmed for a few reasons:

- To increase your legendary gem levels (even if your "main" gems are not able to be leveled by your current GR level, you can level fodder gems that you need to consume to apply Despair buffs to your ancient gear).

- XP gain is ultimately most efficient inside of a GR. The change to the massacre bonus helped boost adventure mode / bounties XP but nothing is really that close to the XP gained from clearing GRs efficiently.

- Loot and blood shards are pretty good per unit of time assuming you are getting decent clear times (and do scale up as you increase GR levels).

Overall the main reason people farm GRs is the XP. Getting high Paragon levels is one of the best ways to improve your character's overall power level and around the halfway point of the season you'll start to see that the top leaderboard spots are consistently taken by the players with the highest Paragon levels. Plus you get to work up a lot of legendary gems so you are ready to apply Despair buffs to any good ancient gear you get.

Ah, that makes more sense. Cheers!

joesmokey

So, what am I doing wrong on my wizard: I currently have 0 arcane damage on my gear, and a few pieces with fire damage, but when I am in archon my abilities do arcane damage. As far as I'm aware, archon is supposed to use whichever element you have the most +% damage in, but it's not working for my firebird/archon char.

It looks like it's using the element of my archon rune instead, which isn't supposed to be the case?
I'm pretty sure it only changes the element on Chantodo's explosion, not the base Archon skills.

Edit:
This is why you mix +fire and +arcane dmg, but always make sure +fire is greater (so that Chantodo's procs Firebird's 6pc Ignite).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm pretty sure it only changes the element on Chantodo's explosion, not the base Archon skills.

Yeah, I figured the deal out after a bit. I assumed I was doing it wrong by not having fire damage in archon form, but you just keep your fire stacks going with chantodo.

Xeteh

So, who's ready for the player count to crash because of Overwatch?

I leveled a Crusader last night because I wanted to use my Mercy wings. I was already not really feeling D3 this season so when the beta opens up I won't be surprised if I don't touch it again for a while.

Akkhan's also really sucks to start out with.

I'll be playing some more to finish at least the pennant/portrait season journey, but I'm not really feeling it too much this season right now.

Got Stellaris in a week as well.

And on the weekends I'll be focused on rekills of Mythic Archimonde in WoW to farm mounts.

Edit: Inna's Set Dungeon is dumb.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Firebird Archon is kind of interesting so far. The damage output with The Furnace cubed is absolutely insane, however outside of Archon mode, there's almost no survivability. It looks like this spec will be all about fishing for grifts with high density. It's very fun to have elites melt instantly though.

I tried an Archon build with Vyr's + Chantodo just now but without a Zodiac ring it's pulling teeth. I go from doing faceroll insane damage to just standing there doing fuck-all, especially once the archon stacks wear out after 20 seconds. Then I have like 30 seconds of complete worthlessness. I could MAYBE make it work if I had a RORG (my luck with this thing is consistently the worst, every fucking season; it's maddening, but I digress) so I could wear Leoric's crown for extra cooldown reduction, but it still wouldn't be enough. Really need that Ring of the Zodiac and/or RORG before I try it again. Super gear dependent build. Back to spectral blade + bubbles for me.

BTW, how important is elemental damage on jewelry? Is it worth prioritizing over main stat / crit chance / crit damage? I never know if it's worth it over those stats (and sockets) or not.

Finally tested out my Monk with 6pc Inna's this morning. Holy lol. The jump from 4pc to 6pc in terms of damage output is absolutely bonkers. I got a decent roll on my Inna's weapon and used a Gift on it to get it to decent damage, should last me quite a while. Just need to farm more but it shouldn't take long since I springboarded to T6+ by getting that GR20 done lol.

joesmokey

I tried an Archon build with Vyr's + Chantodo just now but without a Zodiac ring it's pulling teeth. I go from doing faceroll insane damage to just standing there doing fuck-all, especially once the archon stacks wear out after 20 seconds. Then I have like 30 seconds of complete worthlessness. I could MAYBE make it work if I had a RORG (my luck with this thing is consistently the worst, every fucking season; it's maddening, but I digress) so I could wear Leoric's crown for extra cooldown reduction, but it still wouldn't be enough. Really need that Ring of the Zodiac and/or RORG before I try it again. Super gear dependent build. Back to spectral blade + bubbles for me.

BTW, how important is elemental damage on jewelry? Is it worth prioritizing over main stat / crit chance / crit damage? I never know if it's worth it over those stats (and sockets) or not.
This build is worthless without every single piece. Obsidian is mandatory.

Elemental damage on jewelry isn't important. If you're prioritizing anything over CC and CHD, you'd want cooldown reduction. For Firebird Archon, you only really need 20% fire damage (bracer) and 19% arcane (amulet). Prioritizing fire is a must.

I just got a nice ancient Unstable Scepter, so I think I'm going to roll DMO arcane orbit until I can get some nicer Firebird's gloves with CDR on them.

I really regret picking wizard this season, firebird archon is such unfun gameplay imo. I cleared 70 with it but don't know about 75, it just feels like 3/4 the rifts you might as well just restart the game, because the spec is absolute garbage at dealing with ranged mobs. Damage is stupidly high, so as long as you don't die, completing a rift isn't hard, but if it's filled with stupid ranged mobs, you basically die all the time, even in archon form, and that's with 2 cheat deaths, because you kinda have like no mitigation or it's conditional. It's just very meh to play.

The DMO starter set was also a pain in the ass, glad I got Tal Rasha asap for farming. Just changing my build to Tal Rasha using the same gear in other slots I jumped from T6 to T9. I mean I could have done T9 on DMO, it was just way way slower, even T6 was taking 4+mins per rifts. Again damage wasn't an issue, it's just the stupid slow time mechanics and how the set literally does nothing unless you have slow time on the mobs you're attacking and are standing in slow time also. Having such restrictive mechanics makes you really notice how many mobs have stupid knockbacks or run away from you. Meanwhile with Tal Rasha, you just kinda click stuff to die, like most other sets in the game. Hell once you have the whole flashfire stuff, you don't even click stuff, you just run through mobs and click items that look shiny.

First season I pick wizard as a main, I picked it as a secondary in 2seasons before but barely played it and mostly just fed bloodshards to gear up then mess around for like set dungeons. Don't think I'll do it again. Should have went DH again for easy completion of journey.

I cleared 90 with Firebird Archon before they started the new season pretty easily and I agree it's not fun at all. I actually enjoyed both DMO builds more than Archon.

Made a DH for the new season and it's a lot of fun. Haven't played one since Season 1 I think lol

Playing Monk for first time and not sure if I should go with a DPS build or if Monks are supposed to be super tanky? Not that it matters since I don't know what to spec for either...lol. But Monks are much more fun than I expected. That bell ability is so damn cool---not sure why.

Radec

Playing Monk for first time and not sure if I should go with a DPS build or if Monks are supposed to be super tanky? Not that it matters since I don't know what to spec for either...lol. But Monks are much more fun than I expected. That bell ability is so damn cool---not sure why.

Monks have different builds this season and all are powerful
-Bell
-Exploding palm
-Seven sided strike
-Innas
-Dashing strike

Top Bottom