• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

RetroMG

RAjSzHK.jpg

RetroMG

Once again, the fire alarm rang out, loud and long.
"Dammit to hell," Retro muttered, glaring up from a hand-held device. "I just had time to start the Overwatch Beta."

Everyone knew the fire alarm was coming, but alarms like that are designed to trigger a fight-or-flight response. In this case, everyone ran out of the room faster than you can say, "Follow the Marker to your Objective."

They came back in a few minutes later, feeling slightly ashamed of how scared they had been.

As a result of the Fire Alarm, the seating arrangements have been changed.
8W21qFN.png

Timeaisis

Godammit, Xam. You used your ability that could've worked in our favor to prove to Ouro you are the fire alarm man.

Ehhhhhhhh. Oh well, what's done is done.

I still hate you.
I called it earlier
So Xam proved his claim, which I assume means that this is the last time the tables will get moved during this game?
I proved my claim and wasted any utility I had left, yes, because you didn't read all of the gossip chat, even though you get access to it after tables more.
Godammit, Xam. You used your ability that could've worked in our favor to prove to Ouro you are the fire alarm man.

Ehhhhhhhh. Oh well, what's done is done.
Much too afraid of being turbo'ed overnight and really screwing the pooch

Ty4on

I'm free from table 1!

Ok, I'm not gonna go all told you so, especially because I didn't say anything, but did we have any reason to doubt Xam's claim? Not only could someone counter claim, but he had Bronx and Roy supporting him which meant it wasn't made up in the last hour.
He could still be scum or the arsonist, but also able to press the fire alarm (or in the chat with someone who could).

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm free from table 1!

Ok, I'm not gonna go all told you so, especially because I didn't say anything, but did we have any reason to doubt Xam's claim? Not only could someone counter claim, but he had Bronx and Roy supporting him which meant it wasn't made up in the last hour.
He could still be scum or the arsonist, but also able to press the fire alarm (or in the chat with someone who could).

They were "supporting" him, in that they had incomplete information. Xam was hiding certain things (like being able to do it day or night, or being 2-shot), so it was still suspicious.

I'm free from table 1!

Yes, Bronx straight up calling me out on what I said in the gossip chat but what I didn't say in the main thread was surely a sign of support

Timeaisis

Well...

UNVOTE

I still have a weird feeling about you, Xam. But for now I'll cut you some slack. Who's your #1 scum candidate and why?

Ty4on

Yes, Bronx straight up calling me out on what I said in the gossip chat but what I didn't say in the main thread was surely a sign of support
Support because they could back up you role claiming that same role much earlier in the game.
I know Bronx was trying to pull a gotcha, but to me it confirmed Xam.

The funnier part to me is that Xam used his power, knowing full well it would disrupt Bronx's gossip chat. You've proved you're the alarm puller, but it doesn't prove you're town. The power itself can be argued both ways, since scum can use it if they need to shuffle who is around the poisoner and use it to disrupt town gossip chats. Town doesn't really get much out of it; chances are still pretty high that a town ends up next to the poisoner, as an example.

Ourobolus

Banned
The funnier part to me is that Xam used his power, knowing full well it would disrupt Bronx's gossip chat. You've proved you're the alarm puller, but it doesn't prove you're town. The power itself can be argued both ways, since scum can use it if they need to shuffle who is around the poisoner and use it to disrupt town gossip chats. Town doesn't really get much out of it; chances are still pretty high that a town ends up next to the poisoner, as an example.

This is true.

You're the arso then huh.

Ty4on

They were "supporting" him, in that they had incomplete information. Xam was hiding certain things (like being able to do it day or night, or being 2-shot), so it was still suspicious.
Was it suspicious? Town nerfing their claimed role so scum won't target them is not uncommon. Why do you think evil Xam would say one thing in the chat and another here when he had planned this role claim for so long?

Xam also hinted at Roy knowing about the plan of claiming one shot which would have backfired if Roy had contradicted him when he woke up.

Good defense.

I mean, I don't know what you want from me. You have even said that you are voting for me because you don't have a read on me. I have done my best to put out analysis and arguments. I do not have a flashy command to prove I'm not the one dousing you, but whatever. You're welcome to waste the night lynching a townie (read: me) and hoping the arsonist doesn't burn you to a crisp tomorrow.

Ourobolus

Banned
I mean, I don't know what you want from me. You have even said that you are voting for me because you don't have a read on me. I have done my best to put out analysis and arguments. I do not have a flashy command to prove I'm not the one dousing you, but whatever. You're welcome to waste the night lynching a townie (read: me) and hoping the arsonist doesn't burn you to a crisp tomorrow.

I mean I don't have a read on you either way, positive or negative. That's concerning.

Was it suspicious? Town nerfing their claimed role so scum won't target them is not uncommon. Why do you think evil Xam would say one thing in the chat and another here when he had planned this role claim for so long?

Xam also hinted at Roy knowing about the plan of claiming one shot which would have backfired if Roy had contradicted him when he woke up.
Roy came up with the plan lol

Ty4on

I've got a message from nightopia so I can't keep posting, but my two thoughts are that I want to look back at Xam's posts to make sure he isn't the arsonist and that I'm not liking Ouro for the time being.

Top Bottom