• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ourobolus

Banned
I've got a message from nightopia so I can't keep posting, but my two thoughts are that I want to look back at Xam's posts to make sure he isn't the arsonist and that I'm not liking Ouro for the time being.
That's ok. I'll admit I'm acting a little odd due to the arsonist dousing me.

Ty4on

Good point
For all we know I could be a giant fish
I am a giant fish.

-----------------

AbsolutBro, could you try to recap the events of the game till now from memory? I know it sounds weird, but then we'll know if we're in the same page and I'm guessing it could help me judge if the other mistake were honest mistakes.

I am a giant fish.

-----------------

AbsolutBro, could you try to recap the events of the game till now from memory? I know it sounds weird, but then we'll know if we're in the same page and I'm guessing it could help me judge if the other mistake were honest mistakes.

I guess?

Day 1: Launch immediately vague claims, then claims to have a 2 part PR. First part shuffles one of the tables before other night powers apply. Second power still unknown. Some back and forth about the map between gryvan and Fireblend ends up with gryvan being lynched. End day 1.

Day 2: Night kill is King Kitty. Bunch of chatter, Launch claims to have scrambled table 2. Xam claims someone gave him a drink, Roy claims to have been doused with gasoline. Terra reveals he's a motion detector and there was motion on/from only one person to either side of him (almost assuredly King Kitty being murdered). I'm briefly in a chat with Time, Bronx doesn't show up before the fire alarm goes off. Some chatter about Scrafty who ends up claiming cop, clearing Bronx-man based on the now deceased King Kitty. Lynch is a show down between Kalor (who claims commuter of some sort, which makes no sense to me given the theme of us locked in a wedding venue) and Weemadarthur, with someone else (I forget whom) briefly in the running. Weemadarthur ends up flipping Scum, which also shows to us there's a Lost Scum.

Day 3: Night kill is Scrafty. Czar claims to have been given a drink ala Xam, Ouro claims to have been doused ala Roy. Some back and forth, Xam claims and proves that he pulled the fire alarm, and is now out of his 2-shot power. Now we're here.

Now, there's no real way to prove that's all from memory, but it is. I have no idea what that's meant to prove, but here we are.

Ourobolus

Banned
I guess?

Day 1: Launch immediately vague claims, then claims to have a 2 part PR. First part shuffles one of the tables before other night powers apply. Second power still unknown. Some back and forth about the map between gryvan and Fireblend ends up with gryvan being lynched. End day 1.

Day 2: Night kill is King Kitty. Bunch of chatter, Launch claims to have scrambled table 2. Xam claims someone gave him a drink, Roy claims to have been doused with gasoline. Terra reveals he's a motion detector and there was motion on/from only one person to either side of him (almost assuredly King Kitty being murdered). I'm briefly in a chat with Time, Bronx doesn't show up before the fire alarm goes off. Some chatter about Scrafty who ends up claiming cop, clearing Bronx-man based on the now deceased King Kitty. Lynch is a show down between Kalor (who claims commuter of some sort, which makes no sense to me given the theme of us locked in a wedding venue) and Weemadarthur, with someone else (I forget whom) briefly in the running. Weemadarthur ends up flipping Scum, which also shows to us there's a Lost Scum.

Day 3: Night kill is Scrafty. Czar claims to have been given a drink ala Xam, Ouro claims to have been doused ala Roy. Some back and forth, Xam claims and proves that he pulled the fire alarm, and is now out of his 2-shot power. Now we're here.

Now, there's no real way to prove that's all from memory, but it is. I have no idea what that's meant to prove, but here we are.

That's a lot of "claims" in that memory. Not that it's wrong, but you aren't helping my opinion.

That's a lot of "claims" in that memory. Not that it's wrong, but you aren't helping my opinion.

It's "claims" because other than Xam and the deceased players (Scrafty and weemadarthur), I can't be 100% positive what anyone said is true. Unless I missed proof somewhere?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
What did I just read... Why did the last two pages just happen?

unrelated question: did we ever get a movement report from Terra on whether RNH or Salva moved last night?
I just want to publicly apologize to SalvaPot. Nothing happened last night and you were sitting next to me. If Nin is vouching for you, then I am willing to admit that you MIGHT not be scum. Maybe.

One thing I've noticed about gafia is that we have short-term memory, and we almost instantly forget about the other suspect in a previous' day's lynch, as if we had suddenly gotten some new information at day start.

So, what was the deal with Fireblend Day 1? Why did people want him lynched?

Ourobolus

Banned
One thing I've noticed about gafia is that we have short-term memory, and we almost instantly forget about the other suspect in a previous' day's lynch, as if we had suddenly gotten some new information at day start.

I haven't forgotten Fireblend, but right now I am making the assumption that the arsonist is table-specific, and it's down to AbsolutBro and CzarTim. And while Tim hasn't said much, AB has said a whole lot without actually saying anything, so that's where my vote is now.

Ourobolus

Banned
Was it suspicious? Town nerfing their claimed role so scum won't target them is not uncommon. Why do you think evil Xam would say one thing in the chat and another here when he had planned this role claim for so long?

Xam also hinted at Roy knowing about the plan of claiming one shot which would have backfired if Roy had contradicted him when he woke up.

Sorry, missed this one earlier.

That's the rub, though. There's nothing inherently wrong with a Townie claiming something slightly different from their actual role. I don't blame him, per se, but it's still aggravating from an outside perspective. That said, I've moved my vote.

SalvaPot

I guess?

It was me who was almost voted out on Day 2.

What did I just read... Why did the last two pages just happen?
Ah, missed that quote. My bad.

My D1 Fireblend vote was purely a gut based vote. D2 I started on Fireblend because I felt like the sudden vote shift D1 was a scum save. I haven't forgotten Fireblend, but as I have no real evidence and the discussion has shifted down Arsonist lane...

I haven't forgotten Fireblend, but right now I am making the assumption that the arsonist is table-specific, and it's down to AbsolutBro and CzarTim. And while Tim hasn't said much, AB has said a whole lot without actually saying anything, so that's where my vote is now.
I have said plenty. Don't you put this on me. You don't have a read and are believing a so far unproven claim. Also apparently to you not posting is better than posting.

It was me who was almost voted out on Day 2.
Right right. First was Kalor, who claimed, then you almost bought it before the switch to weemadarthur.

roytheone

O hey, Xam claimed. It is unfortunate that he already used his one shot, but wh.......

Once per game? That's funny, Xam. Because in the gossip you made sure to mention that you could pull the fire alarms twice per game.

giphy.gif

Sigh. What is the point of having a gossip chat when the host of the chat DOESN'T EVEN READ IT, and ends up sabotaging a plan made by people that actually wanted to make use of the chat. Now we ended up with Xam his power probably completely wasted, and we already lost a defense against scum powers that are dependent on seating.

They were "supporting" him, in that they had incomplete information. Xam was hiding certain things (like being able to do it day or night, or being 2-shot), so it was still suspicious.

I manage to "support" him while I was asleep? Cool! ;) But I would have supported him of course, if he hadn't used his second shot yet I would even try to hint at Bronx-men to re-read the chat. Unfortunately, time zones were not kind to us.

Just to be clear: the plan to lie about his shots came from me. I believe lying about parts of your power and trying to trick scum can be very valuable, see El topo in Batman and me in Volcano Island. There are even powers that are pretty much designed for that. Like, let's say, a commuter. If I were a commuter, I would never claimed that, and instead would claim a power very dangerous for scum, trying to attract a night kill which then would miss. Just truthfully claiming a commuter role completely wastes the power. It's a weird thing to do. Oh, that reminds me:

VOTE: Kalor

I don't believe you are really a commuter Kalor, like I said above, a commuter should never claim his real role. It makes it useless.

sorry dude, that post was not meant to be taken that seriously. (also i was typing when you posted that)

Be very careful with these kind of things. We already have an example in this very game where people took a post insinuating me lying about real life seriously, which really, REALLY sucked. It has NO place in these games.

What Retro/Palmer/Whoever balanced this can't ignore is me giving them a sweet kick, if the arsonist can burn 3 members of town in a game of 22 players.

It's 2am and I'm frustrated and tired.

Bears can't do sweet kicks, they have small, chubby legs :mad: #scumtell

Be very careful with these kind of things. We already have an example in this very game where people took a post insinuating me lying about real life seriously, which really, REALLY sucked. It has NO place in these games.
Given Xam was on of the ones making jokes earlier I guessed he could also take a joke. I was posting before his "going to do family stuff" post came up, so I didn't see it.

Ty4on

Sigh. What is the point of having a gossip chat when the host of the chat DOESN'T EVEN READ IT, and ends up sabotaging a plan made by people that actually wanted to make use of the chat. Now we ended up with Xam his power probably completely wasted, and we already lost a defense against scum powers that are dependent on seating.
Could you go through that plan and how you discussed it? I'm especially interested in Xam's responses.

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry I've been so absent, my job is draining tons of my time these days. I honestly haven't been able to catch up with the thread completely, but here I am for a while.

Anyway, I see the conversation has turned to the Arsonist. Not a big fan, because both AB and Tim who it seems are the biggest arso candidates have little chance of being scum in my eyes. I was gut-reading Tim as scum, but he did place an early vote on Weemad and then put it back making it gain traction, so I really doubt he's scum now. Arsonist? Maybe. I'm generally unsure about AB's scummyness too, because he also helped bring the hammer down on Wee although much later; I guess the scum team could have decided to hammer Weemad and gain some town points but that's super risky and a disproportionate sacrifice to make. Very null read on arsonist. Maybe my scum vibes for Tim were actually neutral vibes?

I still find it iffy that we're focusing so much on a (most likely) neutral rather than scum-hunting on the heels of wee's lynch. What's the situation with Camjo and Timeiasis, who both had their votes on Scrafty yesterday? I see Camjo said he didn't trust Scrafty, but what are other's thoughts on him? And has TImeiasis even posted today?

Other than that I'm generally suspicious of Ouro. He seems to have been the one to make a big deal of looking for the arsonist today, which would in theory allow for a scum player to remain active and seem useful while avoiding any actual scum-hunting. When he was asked for a top scum list he did so not very happily:

Dude, you want me to hunt scum? Fine. Jesus.

Top Scum:
Salva
CzarTim
AB (more below)

However, because I was doused, I have a slight personal involvement in trying to find the arsonist. Xam and AB are my top two. Xam has been fucking weird about damn near everything, but I have zero reads on AB. That, like I said before, bothers the hell outta me.

And I'm not a fan of that list. Salva hasn't been playing super town-ily (I voted him yesterday even) but I find it dubious that yesterday we had 2 scum on our sights. AB and Czar voted weemad, so I find their inclusion also odd.

I'm also wary of Kalor but at this point that sounds more like a potential inactive policy lynch (with the added bonus he didn't place a vote on weemad all day yesterday) than an actual argument.

Vote: Ourobolus

If I had to vote for Arsonist, I'd probably go with Tim because of how null-ish my AB reads have been. Ouro, why are you leaning towards AB in favor of Tim, again?

Can I request a vote count? It seems like we haven't seen one in a while.

Ourobolus

Banned
TBH it could be Tim. Tim's been laying pretty low, but from what I've seen of him in previous games (this is the first one I've actually played with him) he just kinda goofs off until he needs to get serious. It does seem like a pretty aloof approach if he was the arso though. He's more on my scum list than arso list.

AB, on the other hand, like I've said before, I don't have a good read of him, at all. Like he's just in this middling category of just kinda present in the game without making much of an impression. It's that sort of place I'd expect an arsonist to hide.

Ourobolus

Banned
And, yet again, I'll admit I'm being somewhat selfish in trying to find the arso rather than scum, but if that's the road we end up going down, then so be it.

Kalor

With Xam's revelation I don't see any plausible scenario where he is an arsonist. This comment about the idea of the arsonist having the fire alarm ability

Wouldn't an arsonist have a fear of fire alarms?

makes a lot more sense in retrospect. It might be that he is the arsonist trying to convince us the roles are separate but at this point I doubt that. However this raises the question of who else could be the arsonist. AB and Czar have been relatively blank slates for me this game. If I had to choose one over the other it would be AB but not enough to vote for them.

For now I'm going to return to a vote from yesterday as I want to hear from RNH.

Vote: RobotNinjaHornets

roytheone

Could you go through that plan and how you discussed it? I'm especially interested in Xam's responses.

I asked him if there was anything he felt comfortable sharing in private. He said he trusted me and bronx and claimed his role. Then he and me started discussing how to best use it. I proposed the idea that if he still had one shot left, he should claim to be a one shot (making scum think he is not a danger to them and another day switch would take them by surprise) and if he had used both shots, he should claim to be three shot (making scum think another switch COULD happen, and maybe they would "waste" a kill/power dealing with a now ordinary Xam). He basically reacted that he would do that and called me an owlbear :(

Also, he gave me a code word that I could use if I wanted the seating to be switched around. This was the thing that made me think he isn't scum or the arsonist. It is not impossible this power is scum/neutral aligned, but I doubt he would have given me basically control of his power if that was the case.

Ok, someone correct me if I'm jumping the gun on how arsonists work, I've not been in a game with one.

He has two people doused, so all he has to do is ignite them, right? So, between AB and Czar, if we lynch one of them and the other tries to ignite overnight, we just need to pray the roleblocker is in table 2 and have him/her block the unlynched one (assuming that table limitation assumption is correct). So, we can lynch them next phase and prevent several deaths, including two players relatively high on my top town list.

Ok, someone correct me if I'm jumping the gun on how arsonists work, I've not been in a game with one.

He has two people doused, so all he has to do is ignite them, right? So, between AB and Czar, if we lynch one of them and the other tries to ignite overnight, we just need to pray the roleblocker is in table 2 and have him/her block the unlynched one (assuming that table limitation assumption is correct). So, we can lynch them next phase and prevent several deaths, including two players relatively high on my top town list.
1. How do you know there IS a role blocker?
2. While I have not played in a game with an arsonist, Google tells me they usually have a target quota.

Of course, we can just get it right the first time, and AB is really more suspicious to me than Tim is.

VOTE: AbsolutBro
This is not getting it right the first time.

What have I honestly done that is so suspicious? You and Ourobolus are both making shady accusations with nothing to back them up. If it's gut feeling, at least admit it instead of putting it all on me. Shady as all hell the both of you.

1. How do you know there IS a role blocker?
2. While I have not played in a game with an arsonist, Google tells me they usually have a target quota.

I'm just guessing there is one. I mean, we've made it into a habit of doubting every assumption to the point where people accused me of having extra information when I said the seats will likely be shuffled at day start. Roleblocker is a foregone conclusion.

Then, we won't let them reach the quota.

This is not getting it right the first time.

What have I honestly done that is so suspicious? You and Ourobolus are both making shady accusations with nothing to back them up. If it's gut feeling, at least admit it instead of putting it all on me. Shady as all hell the both of you.

We've made the assumption here that abilities are bound by to the tables they are sitting at, the people sitting next to them, etc. It's not a wild leap in logic. The common denominator between roy and ouro is that Tim and you were at both of those tables. The rest is gut feeling.

RetroMG

"Hey, whatever happened to Sorian's scooter?"
"Oh, he got it back, but it was totalled."
"That sucks."
"Well, he bought a car."
"Oh, then that's good."
"But now it's in the shop."
"..."

Current Vote Count:

kalor (3)
burbeting 1288 (1486)
xamtheking 1469 (1499)
burbeting 1513
xamtheking 1535
roytheone 1665

absolutbro (3)
czartim 1373
ourobolus 1481 (1546)
ourobolus 1550 (1597)
ourobolus 1606
launchpadmcq 1677

robotninjahornets (2)
salvapot 1442 (1506)
salvapot 1654
kalor 1673

ourobolus (1)
burbeting 1486 (1513)
fireblend 1670

czartim (1)
absolutbro 1625

xamtheking (0)
kalor 1429 (1673)
timeaisis 1497 (1615)
xamtheking 1499 (1535)
salvapot 1506 (1635)
ourobolus 1546 (1550)
absolutbro 1554 (1625)
launchpadmcq 1585 (1636)
ourobolus 1597 (1606)

The following players do not have an active vote:
Bronx-Man
BananaSpacePrincess
Camjo-Z
Nin1000
RobotNinjaHornets
Terrabyte20xx
Timeaisis
Ty4on

nin1000

Banned
He's still new
Ok that is true.

I am glad that you are a confirmed fucker xam. That makes me feel good. I hated you, or still hate you for that matter, but I never felt the urge to vote you out like you tried with me.
What are your thoughts on Ty4on and camjo-Z? They are here but sure are blenders.

Would love to hear your unimpressive opinion about those guys.

Camjo-Z

Ok that is true.

I am glad that you are a confirmed fucker xam. That makes me feel good. I hated you, or still hate you for that matter, but I never felt the urge to vote you out like you tried with me.
What are your thoughts on Ty4on and camjo-Z? They are here but sure are blenders.

Would love to hear your unimpressive opinion about those guys.

this "blender" shit is starting to remind me of read list nagging from batman (and that was coming from mafia members whoops) anyway time for the weather forecast

TOP SCUM LIST!
Ourobolus
nin1000
Fireblend

Why do I find them suspicious you ask? I'm just a blendy blender, what do I know? Call it a hunch. Now let's go to our dartboard to see which one we land on... oh, it's Ouro! Eliminating mafia PLUS a doused man? I like it!

VOTE: Ourobolus

Ourobolus

Banned
Why do I find them suspicious you ask? I'm just a blendy blender, what do I know? Call it a hunch. Now let's go to our dartboard to see which one we land on... oh, it's Ouro! Eliminating mafia PLUS a doused man? I like it!

Well, I'm one of those things.

nin1000

Banned
Why am I going after camjo Z and Ty4on you might ask? That's a question to be answered another time.

Let's get this party going though.

nin1000

Banned
this "blender" shit is starting to remind me of read list nagging from batman (and that was coming from mafia members whoops) anyway time for the weather forecast

TOP SCUM LIST!
Ourobolus
nin1000
Fireblend

Hey, at least I have facts to pin those down I mentioned. You on the other hand have nothing more than your shill words.

roytheone

TOP SCUM LIST!
Ourobolus
nin1000
Fireblend

Why is eliminating a doused player a good thing? If you really think ourob is scum, you would remove scum incentive to hunt for the arsonist. Also, if the arsonist win condition is to kill a set number of players, he will have to pick a new target to replace ourob, which statistically is more likely to be town then scum.

Top Bottom