• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015-16 TV Cancellations: The Beast, having been fed, asks waiter for his bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't think of two things more out of gas, so it's fitting they'd be renewed together.

Any time Triumph is mentioned I get flashbacks of those two episodes of The Jack and Triumph Show that I watched.

It was truly one of the worst things I've ever seen on television.

Penguin

The Grinder and Beyond the Tank having a race to the bottom
Fast-Demo-2016-May-TUE.03.png

Also it seems like ABC may not be completely insane... think THR said seems to be a bit more lukewarm on the AoS spin-off, Most Wanted.

Forget Hydra and Hive, SHIELD's biggest struggle is to not get fractional ratings.

If ABC actually makes Most Wanted they're run by complete idiots. I can't see any way it does better than SHIELD currently does, and worse than SHIELD is instant cancellation numbers.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The only new Marvel show ABC should make is one involving real superheroes. (Never mind that SHIELD has some of those — people wrote the show off five episodes into its first season and refuse to return.)

Penguin

The only new Marvel show ABC should make is one involving real superheroes. (Never mind that SHIELD has some of those — people wrote the show off five episodes into its first season and refuse to return.)

I think Damage Control has some potential, but doesn't seem to be a fall show

But yeah, seems like they are doing well enough with their Netflix shows should be their focus.

G0523

This current season of The Mindy Project has just been so bad. Now that Danny is gone (I think?) the show just isn't that great. Plus, this Jody Kimball-Kenner (or whatever his name is) is such a sleazebag. I really hate that character. And his lesbian sister isn't much better. But that actress (Fortune Feimester, right?) is so one-note anyway. I can't believe the show is still going to be honest after all this time and the really high turnover rate for its actors.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So. Thought you guys might find this interesting. On tonight's Big Brother Canada, noise guests got a reward to watch the first episode of UnReal because season one just hit Shomi (a Netflix "competitor").

Thought it was interesting if not a little late lol.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So. Thought you guys might find this interesting. On tonight's Big Brother Canada, noise guests got a reward to watch the first episode of UnReal because season one just hit Shomi (a Netflix "competitor").

Thought it was interesting if not a little late lol.

lol

VanWinkle

The Grinder and Beyond the Tank having a race to the bottom
Fast-Demo-2016-May-TUE.03.png

Also it seems like ABC may not be completely insane... think THR said seems to be a bit more lukewarm on the AoS spin-off, Most Wanted.

I'm so mad about the bad ratings of The Grinder. I can't help but think a decent-sized part of it has to be Fox's terrible uneven airing schedule of it.

The show's just so good and I hate knowing that it won't make it past this season. But at least it's a full season that I'll be able to enjoy down the line instead of a half season or less.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The Grinder does deserve so much better. My renewal wish would be for it to keep going somehow.I'm curious what Fox's Tuesday lineup will be next year. I assume the comedy block experiment is over?

Beyond the Tank is just timeslot filling. I love Shark Tank and even I can't sit through a whole episode of Beyond the Tank. The little catch-up segments they do during the main show are more than enough.

KonradLaw

AE will cancel Damien, won't they? :( Such a shame. It turned into such a sick, twisted and all round awesome show. Does horror better than anything else on TV right now, despite the fact that the lead hero is the damn source of all this horror. I need second season of this insanity.

With this TV season coming to an end, are there any shows you guys are dropping or considering dropping?

For me it's Quantico. I decided to stick it out till the end of this season but I'm done after that. It started out ridiculous enough but after it came back from break it just got even worse.

Penguin

With this TV season coming to an end, are there any shows you guys are dropping or considering dropping?

For me it's Quantico. I decided to stick it out till the end of this season but I'm done after that. It started out ridiculous enough but after it came back from break it just got even worse.

I dropped Quantico, but had a lazy weekend this past week and was like let me see how it is going...

And I'm so glad our actual FBI isn't this petty and childish and stupid

I think I'll be bailing on several network shows. My wife and I stopped watching Mike & Molly (it's ending anyway). We're 15 or so episodes behind The Blacklist and unlikely to watch them. I kept up with Blindspot up until it came back from its hiatus and likely won't go back.

I also stopped watching Chicago Fire and Hawaii 5-0 this year.

At this point there's far better things to watch across the spectrum of available entertainment for me to keep watching these.

mreddie

I dropped Arrow only because of school and I don't watch anything on Thursday.

Man, this season has been been a meh one, the only notable shows I watched are done for (Muppets, Carter) or 2 of them that weren't on my radar I had to catch up on. (Crazy Ex and Legends)

Sober

I dropped Quantico, but had a lazy weekend this past week and was like let me see how it is going...

And I'm so glad our actual FBI isn't this petty and childish and stupid
I'm pretty sure everyone is that petty, childish, and stupid. Have you met people?

How's The Path and The Night Manager? I have both PVRed but haven't watched them yet.

I'm digging the new season of Better Call Saul, which I just watched the first 3 episodes of, off of the same PVR. They'd been sitting a little while.

vypek

This current season of The Mindy Project has just been so bad. Now that Danny is gone (I think?) the show just isn't that great. Plus, this Jody Kimball-Kenner (or whatever his name is) is such a sleazebag. I really hate that character. And his lesbian sister isn't much better. But that actress (Fortune Feimester, right?) is so one-note anyway. I can't believe the show is still going to be honest after all this time and the really high turnover rate for its actors.

They wrote him off?! Lol. I guess its not too surprising considering the show seems to have been going more towards a drama route when I last saw it for this season. I have to agree that the new characters aren't that great.

Zoe

They wrote him off?! Lol. I guess its not too surprising considering the show seems to have been going more towards a drama route when I last saw it for this season. I have to agree that the new characters aren't that great.
They haven't written him off. Granted, I haven't watched the season yet, but I've already read all the post-season interviews, and they make it seem like he'll still have a presence.

Hobbun

I've now officially dropped Sleepy Hollow. Let the entire season build up on the DVR, then deleted the episodes and had every intention of following up with them on Hulu or On Demand.

But when I heard how the season ended, I dropped it immediately.

The show will probably be canceled, anyways.

- Deadline: FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series ‘Feud’, Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
Ryan Murphy, who started the current anthology series trend with American Horror Story, and added a second hit franchise with American Crime Story, has set up a third anthology series at FX. The network has given a straight-to-series 8-episode order to Feud, which will explore famous feuds. It hails from Fox 21 TV Studios and Plan B, with Brad Pitt executive producing alongside Murphy.

The first installment of Feud will star former AHS leading lady Jessica Lange and Susan Sarandon, leading a high-profile cast that also includes Alfred Molina, Stanley Tucci, Judy Davis and Dominic Burgess. It tells the story of the legendary rivalry between two of the greatest movie stars of all time—Joan Crawford (Lange) and Bette Davis (Sarandon), and how they came together in 1962 to collaborate on a picture each hoped would revive their careers. The result, the critically acclaimed and box office smash What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? ultimately received five Academy Awards nominations and became a cult classic. But for its leads, Joan Crawford and Bette Davis, the real horror was working together. Molina will play the film’s director Robert Aldrich, Tucci will portray studio titan Jack Warner, Davis will play gossip columnist Hedda Hopper and Dominic Burgess will be Crawford and Davis’ co-star Victor Buono.

The pilot is based in part on the script “Best Actress” by Jaffe Cohen and Michael Zam which Murphy purchased. As he does on all of his series, Murphy will direct several episodes. Production on the first installment is slated to begin this fall for a 2017 premiere.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I've now officially dropped Sleepy Hollow. Let the entire season build up on the DVR, then deleted the episodes and had every intention of following up with them on Hulu or On Demand.

But when I heard how the season ended, I dropped it immediately.

The show will probably be canceled, anyways.

Same. I let Season 2 build up and then binged through it before the Season 3 premiere, and it was a chore to actually get through. I got about three or four episodes into S3 and decided to just save it for summer. But keeping up with the news on the show and their season (possibly series finale) made me just decide to drop it altogether. Killed any and all interest in me keeping up with the show. Wish everyone on the show the best, maybe they can be Fox's Grimm, but they've lost me as a viewer. I'm not going to stick with a show just because I watched a season or two. It's becoming clear that S1 was a fluke and what the show is now isn't my thing.

How's The Path and The Night Manager? I have both PVRed but haven't watched them yet.

I'm digging the new season of Better Call Saul, which I just watched the first 3 episodes of, off of the same PVR. They'd been sitting a little while.

I absolutely adored The Night Manager. It's the more mature James Bond film that I'm convinced we'll never get.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joe is a bit of a stock anti-hero character in the first season, and the show never really does anything with his bisexuality beyond that one small plot line. He is much more interesting in season two.

Good. The shows starting to pick up and I've got like 4 episodes of season 1 left. It's apparently renewed for Season 3, but I haven't seen a start date about that from AMC?

SpongeBobWallet.gif

I hope we get a musical number. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know that I've seen this thread's title stay the same for this long, before.

They didn't completely write him off. He was back in the latest episode and he has said that he'll be back for next season.

Grizzlyjin

Good. The shows starting to pick up and I've got like 4 episodes of season 1 left. It's apparently renewed for Season 3, but I haven't seen a start date about that from AMC?

I haven't seen an official date either, just Summer 2016. They're filming now, so it is happening. I'll cosign that Season 2 Joe is more realized. Donna is the real star of the show for me. I assumed she would just be a satellite character, "Oh look Gordon's wife" kinda thing. But she is so much better than that.

I don't know if I care to watch a show about feuds, especially if it's not going to have a continual narrative. Ryan Murphy turned me off with the latest episodes of AHS (seasons, I mean), and Scream Queens' silliness.

OJ was great, from what I saw, but I still have 8 episodes to watch.

G0523

I'm not entirely sure if they did write Danny off or not. He was in the most recent episode but he wasn't in the last 2 or 3. Plus, he wasn't in like 8 episodes last fall because he had to take care of his estranged dad (weird, right?). But from what I've read on the AV Club...comments section of each episode...is that Chris Messina might be looking to leave the show? I don't know. Is Mindy Kaling that hard to work with? The show has had so many actors come and go. What possible reason could there be?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I would very much like to drop all 3 CW superhero shows, but I probably won't. Arrow has been a near-weekly dumpster fire ever since season 3; The Flash is too serious now, has no stakes, and just generally fails to hold my attention; and Legends of Tomorrow is one of the most poorly written shows I've ever seen.

I've also about had it with Nashville, but the rumor is that if it doesn't get cancelled, then next season will be it's last, plus a shortened episode count, so I guess I'll stick it out 'til the end.

Starting this year I won't watch a new show unless it gets super good reviews from a few friends. The only new shows I watched this year i think were Lucifer, Dark Matter, Angie Tribeca, Mr. Robot, and Killjoys and enjoyed all of them.

Dropped Good Wife last year after wife didn't want to watch due to the RL star spats, thank god hated that show from season 2 on. Might just watch the series finale.

Only show I haven't caught up on really this year is Hawaii 5-0, have all the episodes on DVR just no time to watch. Probably will over the summer though, the scenery is gorgeous and really makes you want to go on vacation somewhere tropical. I haven't watched Last Man on Earth season 2 either, I really didn't enjoy season 1 so not sure if I want to bother with s2. Oh, Orphan Black is another but with only 8-10 episodes in a season I can marathon through it when all have aired.

Catdaddy

Blindspot for me, I can suspend disbelief, but the “oh look this tattoo on her ass matches is a date and that’s tomorrow, let’s stop a crime before it happens!”

I can live with Quantico as long as they keep Priyanka Chopra around in those locker room shots (they are all in their underwear at least once an episode) – oh and as silly as it is – kinda like story.

Yeah, the dumbness of the tattoo thing has lead me to not keep up with Blindspot, I watch a few episodes at a time but I'm probably not coming back for season two of that either despite my liking Jamie Alexander. So that's two Berlanti shows I'm not coming back to next season.

Fell way out of sync with Lucifer and don't know If I'll catch up.

Castle without beckett will only be a better show so I'll be sticking with that if it's renewed/spun off

I'm just starting to get into Criminal Minds Beyond Borders and it's fun

Chicago PD has become a regular and I'd drop it if not for my partner loving it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom