• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafia 2: The Bride of Gafia |Mafia OT| One Wedding, Many Funerals

Ty4on

Because I came out at the day start with a vote. He seems to be insinuating something even though I've said barely anything. He thinks I was pressing him on that and he completely jumped the gun.

Your first post was "Hi arso".
That looks like pressure to me.

Camjo-Z

WOW I have some time to post! Here goes! AHEM:

I'm right tee'd off, lads. Me and me boyos Bronx-Man and Nin had a plan laid out last night in our gossip chat. IT. WAS. SWEET. But then they killed Bronx-Man, and they blocked me. Well guess what you ruddy pipecleaners, you messed with the wrong dream team!

I'm the arsonist. No, I'm not some three-target chump. I have to douse everybody living, with the douse being mandatory each night. Basically Ouro's role but worse. In fact, this role didn't even originally have an ignite. Hyperactivity thought it was so shitty that he tried to suicide by dousing himself but since that's not allowed Roy got picked randomly. Also, I doused Ouro N2 cuz I figured something was up with him. Retro gave me two ignites D2 tho, of which I was about to use one last night cuz I was mad salty that Ouro was a better neutral than me Ouro still felt kinda scummy to me. But alas, I got blocked. TBH it's probably for the best since I wasn't particularly scumreading Roy anyway.

Anyway, here was the plan I proposed with nin and Bronx. I won't kill anybody (unless the majority of town deems it a good idea to use one of my ignites for some reason) and will continue to assist town with exterminating the rest of the maf. In return town does one of three things:

A. Town lets me stalemate with me and one townie alive, thus technically achieving a joint-win, relatively speaking, since mafia will have lost harder than us. The optimal (and most stupid) result!
B. Town stabs me in the back and kills me after maf is gone... wait that doesnt benefit me
C. Town lets maf nightkill me out of pure unadulterated desperation and fear, thus saving precious townie lives. Everybody wins... except me again. damn maybe i should have thought these other options through a lil better

Sadly Bronx-Man is d-d-dead so he can't back me up on this but Nin can. I wondered for a bit if he's mafia since I told him about this plan last night and thus he could easily ruin it, but unless he's teamed with Roy and/or Ouro and maf has the blocking ability it's unlikely, since maf would have benefited from leaving me alone and letting me burn those two first.

(oh also i was defending kalor yesterday cuz i thought he was town WHOOPS)

now we can all cut the finger-pointing arsonist crap and get back to business

Camjo-Z

We cant win with you, camjo, we need to eliminate all potential threats to town.

yea but i won't be able to win either since i have to kill everyone with my final ignite so if i use it up then neither side can win

BUT MAFIA WILL ALL BE DEAD SO THEY WILL HAVE LOST HARDER

I kind of feel like Camjo is scum and made this claim to cover his ass. There's no way he can even prove that, gossip chat or no.

But that's just a theory.

Are you disputing that I know something or that he is insinuating something?

I'd like to know what AB thinks I can't prove.

No way. You do not get to jump on the very handy distraction and sweep this away. You were clearly angling for something, and clearly insinuating that you knew something. You even tried to set it up by being all 'lol he thinks Im the blocker'. Not a chance.

Vote: Launchpadmcq

also man, how many "annoy every player" neutrals can you put in one game?

You can't either but that's been discussed to death eh? I feel sorry for you man

You feel sorry for me? Why? :|

No way. You do not get to jump on the very handy distraction and sweep this away. You were clearly angling for something, and clearly insinuating that you knew something. You even tried to set it up by being all 'lol he thinks Im the blocker'. Not a chance.

Vote: Launchpadmcq

also man, how many "annoy every player" neutrals can you put in one game?

Yeah, no. I thought you were angling at something. I was just trying to get back on the arso hunt.

nin1000

Banned
I feel a LaunchpadMcQ lynch would be good for town. Some fresh air and less bs. It would also give us new information about him. His death would give us a good feel.

Camjo-Z

I feel a LaunchpadMcQ lynch would be good for town. Some fresh air and less bs. It would also give us new information about him. His death would give us a good feel.

The only thing keeping me from suspecting Launch is the fact that he claimed a table scramble on N1. That's a pretty big gamble when just one townie's power not going awry that night is enough to immediately sink his credibility.

nin1000

Banned
The only thing keeping me from suspecting Launch is the fact that he claimed a table scramble on N1. That's a pretty big gamble when just one townie's power not going awry that night is enough to immediately sink his credibility.

True but I am done with his bs. He even tried to vote me out. How dare he.

SalvaPot

True but I am done with his bs. He even tried to vote me out. How dare he.

I'm right tee'd off, lads. Me and me boyos Bronx-Man and Nin had a plan laid out last night in our gossip chat. IT. WAS. SWEET. But then they killed Bronx-Man, and they blocked me. Well guess what you ruddy pipecleaners, you messed with the wrong dream team!

I'm the arsonist. No, I'm not some three-target chump. I have to douse everybody living, with the douse being mandatory each night. Basically Ouro's role but worse. In fact, this role didn't even originally have an ignite. Hyperactivity thought it was so shitty that he tried to suicide by dousing himself but since that's not allowed Roy got picked randomly. Also, I doused Ouro N2 cuz I figured something was up with him. Retro gave me two ignites D2 tho, of which I was about to use one last night cuz I was mad salty that Ouro was a better neutral than me Ouro still felt kinda scummy to me. But alas, I got blocked. TBH it's probably for the best since I wasn't particularly scumreading Roy anyway.

Anyway, here was the plan I proposed with nin and Bronx. I won't kill anybody (unless the majority of town deems it a good idea to use one of my ignites for some reason) and will continue to assist town with exterminating the rest of the maf. In return town does one of three things:

A. Town lets me stalemate with me and one townie alive, thus technically achieving a joint-win, relatively speaking, since mafia will have lost harder than us. The optimal (and most stupid) result!
B. Town stabs me in the back and kills me after maf is gone... wait that doesnt benefit me
C. Town lets maf nightkill me out of pure unadulterated desperation and fear, thus saving precious townie lives. Everybody wins... except me again. damn maybe i should have thought these other options through a lil better

Sadly Bronx-Man is d-d-dead so he can't back me up on this but Nin can. I wondered for a bit if he's mafia since I told him about this plan last night and thus he could easily ruin it, but unless he's teamed with Roy and/or Ouro and maf has the blocking ability it's unlikely, since maf would have benefited from leaving me alone and letting me burn those two first.

lol

I love this. What is the flavor?

Timeaisis

So your big plan was the reveal your arsonist but then say "it's cool, I'll totally not kill any of you, though". Why should we trust you here, Camjo? I get that you want to win but this is would be a huge risk to take you at your word. It just doesn't make sense.

VOTE: Camjo-Z

Timeaisis

I'm eager to kill the arsonist and move on. But yeah, we can talk it out. It's only 3 votes, so calm down.

Anyone for Camjo's proposal? I understand what he's trying to do, but I'm not sure how much it helps us.

The big advantage to his plan is we a) don't waste a lynch on the arsonist and b) Maf might waste an NK on him. That'd be nice sure, but is that worth the risk? Scum would likely only NK if one of their own is doused, I think. But maybe not. He could still kill us all overnight. Remember we don't really know his win condition.

Ourobolus

Banned
WAIT WAIT WAIT
If we believe Ouro, we can prove/disprove launchs power
Explain in a bit

Wait, what?

I still don't know where my second drink, intended for RNH (now Seath), but yes, you were one of my recipients. Not sure how that proves/disproves Launch, since if he is telling the truth, it's still possible for you to receive a drink.

Camjo-Z

lol

I love this. What is the flavor?

Kingkitty the Caterer. Something about a taco joke in Werewolf 2 leading Swamped to make me the chef and how now I want to take out everyone in a blaze instead of the tiny amount of people in that game.

The big advantage to his plan is we a) don't waste a lynch on the arsonist and b) Maf might waste an NK on him. That'd be nice sure, but is that worth the risk? Scum would likely only NK if one of their own is doused, I think. But maybe not. He could still kill us all overnight. Remember we don't really know his win condition.

Yeah, since I can only douse or ignite at night and not both at the same time, the most people I'm killing by tomorrow are Roy (alignment unknown) and Ouro (who claims he's a neutral that will leave the game anyway). So even if you're concerned about me backstabbing later, it's still dumb to waste a lynch on me today.

Ty4on

Wait, what?

I still don't know where my second drink, intended for RNH (now Seath), but yes, you were one of my recipients. Not sure how that proves/disproves Launch, since if he is telling the truth, it's still possible for you to receive a drink.
The most likely outcome with a switch, that someone completely different got the drink, would pretty much confirm Launch's claim if you told the truth.

---------------------
Launch: It's way too late now after Camjo's claim, but while I agree AB was being a bit defensive it didn't seem like much of an overreaction.

Timeaisis

Kingkitty the Caterer. Something about a taco joke in Werewolf 2 leading Swamped to make me the chef and how now I want to take out everyone in a blaze instead of the tiny amount of people in that game.

Yeah, since I can only douse or ignite at night and not both at the same time, the most people I'm killing by tomorrow are Roy (alignment unknown) and Ouro (who claims he's a neutral that will leave the game anyway). So even if you're concerned about me backstabbing later, it's still dumb to waste a lynch on me today.

So you didn't douse anyone last night?

Fireblend

Banned
Sorry for inactivity. Won't be able to post for a while. Willing to vote for BSP (way too inactive) or Camjo since I don't trust him enough to let him live as an arsonist.

SalvaPot

that is correct

Honestly, I am not sure why you decided to claim, was the pressure strong enough to let us know? You have absolutely no leverage and it would be foolish to let you live when you have doused 2 players and the chances you are killing townies over scum is way higher, since there is no way you can know that who you are dousing is good or not.

The only reason to keep you alive is to try to scumhunt so you can keep on dousing, BUT, you could still try to ignite, so why should we do that.

I do get why nin was on board with the plan, nin is a crazy dude and I love that about him, but it also makes me wonder why you decided to reveal it on the gossip chat I don't know. The gossip chat was a perfect cover for you, you know? You could have easily claim something else there and ride that claim, nin would have defended you to dead and chances are bronx too.

Your role was also not impossible to win with, if your plan was to help town with this claim...?

There is something else. This is too easy to be true, and your way of playing the previous days tells me you are savvy enough.

If you survive today, douse me. So you can prove you are the arsonist and your goodwill.

I do doubt you will survive today, you are getting lynched for sure.

CzarTim

I went to a baseball game tonight. Reds lost in extra innings.

Obvs we lynch cam and I think we should turbo after the PRs are ready.

Also I wasn't around at the end of day two, but sorry still not scum. I wasn't really confident with the vote until burb jumped on.

Ok with a bsp policy lynch tomorrow. Or Seath if he doesn't post something substantial. We're ahead in the count and can afford it.

SalvaPot

I don't believe the arso's claim that he has to douse everyone. That's silly.

Yeah that is also what I think too. But if he needs another douse then it makes no sense to claim now, I am struggling to find his end-game here, its still early on the day.

CzarTim

No the end game would be for us to go "he's harmless" and let him off the hook for the time being and him sneak in a win.

CzarTim

Wait, cam, was roy picked randomly as in that was the douse choice or randomly as in after the table scramble?

Because if it's the former, Launch is lying about his ability.

Wait, cam, was roy picked randomly as in that was the douse choice or randomly as in after the table scramble?

Not if we believe Ouro, because Ouro targeted a pair of people on N1 that were at Table 2, and launch's power should have gone off.

Or Camjo is lying. How curious that he throws in "oh yeah, I believe Launch. He wouldn't lie about something so ballsy" when he's giving information that is blatantly contradicting my claim.

There are some things that aren't adding up in this claim.

-You said douse is mandatory every night, but you said that you tried to ignite last night.
-Originally didn't have an ignite? Based on what information?
-You targeted Roy, but I switched the table. Ouro hitting 1 out of 2 targets in the same place, I buy that; you also hitting your target, not bloody likely.
-"I doused Ouro N2 cuz I figured something was up with him." - if you have to douse everyone, why discriminate between players at all? Why do I care if you're scumreading anyone?
-There aren't any table limitations on the usage of your ability? At all?

Long post incoming, need to take advantage of my heightened intelligence at midnight.-----------------------
Part Uno: The Arsonity
I believe Camjo-Z.
All of his claim.
I also believe he does actually want to help us.
I will admit I am biased.
But that doesn't fog all of my judgement.
At least for now, he's more useful to us alive than dead.
Let's walk through the reasons.
1: Lynching him is 10000000% a free "get-out-of-jail" vote for any and all scum today.
Voting patterns regarding the arso will be meaningless and can actually benefit scum.
2: Scum is 100% guaranteed bad for town. Killing Neutrals are not always 100% bad for town, as they can sometimes hit Scum.
3: His claim is believable. In a game where there has been a bad fake roleclaim already, courtesy of Kalor, it's easy to see that this one passes muster. After/partly during Batman, I've started to develop a sense that has been right 3 out of 4 times so far on calling out which role claims are true/false.
4: I'd rather lynch scum today, but I'm sure you'll all ignore my ass because you're too hell bent on going after the target scum wants you to go after.
AND NOW
Part Dos: The Lynchpins
I'm sure as hell not going to lynch Camjo today (if ever), so I must have some other people I want to get lynched, no?
Congratulations, you get the gold star for determining I do indeed have lynch candidates for today.
Let's go through the list:
1. CzarTim: Low posting, low contributing member here at our fine wedding.
2. Timeaisis: Either him or Burb moved, if we believe Nin, and I think burb is telling the truth.
3. BSP: Policy lynch. If she doesn't post soon, she gets the #1 spot.
4. Seath: Need to see more of you.
EVEN MORE
Part Tres: The Reads List of Book
Top Town:
Burbeting
Launch
Nin1000

Top Scum:
CzarTim
Timaisis

AND TO WRAP IT ALL UP
Part Quatro: The Reckoning
Retro is the best moderator who has ever run a Gafia game.

Then we can lynch him after we lynch all the scum

You realize he can go back on his word and ignite any number of us on any phase.

That is, if Camjo is even telling the truth. I still believe that Camjo is scum riding a fake arso claim, which he tested on Nin and Bronx and got a good response, but it's not really important; I just have to push that lynching this guy is the best idea for today, regardless of the outcome.

Top Bottom