• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend Maker (Zelda Maker) - New Gameplay and Kickstarter Announcement

Welp its a kickstarter so chances are that Nintendo Ninjas are on its way as we are speaking.

How hard it was to make your own assets?

How awesome would it be if Nintendo did send actually ninjas rather than lawyers.

Sorry been studdying too much, my brain is mush but for some reason this sounds hilarious.

Nilaul

Nintendo couldn't really use the mechanics/solutions that he though off in a Zelda maker of their own? As in Nintendo wouldn't be able to use what he thought of with out his consent or something like that?

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
I love the idea of this

as a huge fan of simplistic game creation software and 8 Bit Dot Heroes but...

you're asking for trouble, man. Those are clearly Zelda assets that are slightly tweaked, and you even used to call it "Zelda Maker". Which, obviously, makes it sound like a Nintendo creation and having Mario Maker become a "Maker" series.

Think about this:

Mario Maker
Zelda Maker
Metroid Maker
Pokemon Maker

Anyways, got a bit sidetracked there for a second. Yes, this is lawsuit bait if I ever saw it, and because of that, I can't get excited for a game that I can't see surviving Nintendo pressure unless they really overhaul its marketing, sprites, and push it as its own thing.

The dreamcast logo ripoff is like the cherry on top haha

Jesus...even the music and mario maker finger snapping is almost copy/pasta

Arkeband

Banned
The bush and the rock aren't the only art assets ripped off, but then again everyone knows exactly what this is, a low effort Zelda themed map editor.

illusionary

A somewhat old thread now, I realise, but I thought it was worth highlighting that their Kickstarter is now up (I spotted it from a tweet from Grant Kirkhope, having not seen this previously).

Link here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/697167492/legend-maker $5k out of $40k in 10 days isn't looking overly hopeful right now, though.

Plans for a Wii U release are conspicuously (but predictably) absent... not even with an "if we can get it licensed" proviso as for the PS4/Xbox One stretch goals.

Top Bottom