• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Injustice 2 coming May 2017 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC

I'll admit that I really enjoyed the story mode of MK vs DC, which got me interested in the DC universe for a while after. I'll look forward to what they do with this one but as an MK fan I of course loved the mix of characters.

They really do need to sort out the whole alt controls thing for Injustice 2 and even MK going forward.

It's just needless and neither work as well as it should.

In Injustice I straight up avoided playing certain characters because of BF motions being turned into HCF with really strict inputs.

And normal controls sucked because of awkward buffering giving you random specials when you meant to just down poke.

Yeah. Default controls work well enough, all they need to do is require the directions listed fully (IE no more Down, Down-Back counting as a Down, Back special move instead of the uppercut I wanted) and make the Back, Forward motion into Neutral, Back, Forward (IE not getting Back, Forward moves when I try to do a Forward command normal after blocking).

Hopefully it's not drab and ugly as shit like the first game.

WKOjbaL.jpg

it's DC bro

shaowebb

I think I have more fun with NRS titles than most any other fighter honestly. I adore the complexity and customization of other games. I love the team building of titles like TVC, Marvel, Dengeki and Nitro + but there is something really great about how fast you can pick up and start labbing out great stuff and mastering it in NRS titles. Footsies are super fun and the rosters are always entertaining for me.

Bring on the sequel. I am more than ready. Bane will rise again.

vg260

Yeah. Default controls work well enough, all they need to do is require the directions listed fully (IE no more Down, Down-Back counting as a Down, Back special move instead of the uppercut I wanted) and make the Back, Forward motion into Neutral, Back, Forward (IE not getting Back, Forward moves when I try to do a Forward command normal after blocking).

Having to go neutral from blocking to the start of the special move motion is what I find awkward in a b2b game and makes it feel "janky", hence why I think they should drop that motion style, and just make it like every other b2b game where it's not an issue.

Nev

Banned
WKOjbaL.jpg

it's DC bro

My god, does Wonder Woman look awful. Probably one of the worst things about BvS.

"But she's going to the gym, she posted a picture on instagram!". Lol.

WW from Injustice looked better than this, 100% honest. I'd rather have a -maybe too much- manly one than a cosplayer with zero acting skills doing "angry" faces. It looks like the oversized armor's weight is too much for her, which probably is true.

Deadstar

Because he's not complete.
Is his MK2011 model with the MKX look.

Is part of the reason why the team is considering not adding cameos. They thought it would be cool to just tease things, like movies do all the time... but people saw it another way.

The character is not complete, and in the case of Rain which was never a full character until the SNES version of UMK3 then disappeared until MK Armageddon.

MKX also didn't had it because their data indicated that people ignored it in MK2011. So they decided to remove it, though could return at some point.

In my opinion, every fighting game should have a 2 v 2 mode. They don't need to have tournaments around it, but being able to play with three friends in the same match is incredibly fun and for me keeps the longevity of the game going far beyond what it would be without it.

shingi70

Banned
My god, does Wonder Woman look awful. Probably one of the worst things about BvS.

WW from Injustice looked better than this, 100% honest. I'd rather have a -maybe too much- manly one than a cosplayer with zero acting skills doing "angry" faces. It looks like the oversized armor's weight is too much for her, which probably is true.

Please no body shaming in this thread.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

scust.png

Zukkoyaki

Bring it on Ed! I love Netherrealm's games and feel extremely lucky to be able to enjoy a new one every two years. Their productivity and ability to ship on time are remarkable.

Perro

so the game gonna follow the injustice story right? not a fan tbh
the game looked fun so whatever oh and new netkode yay

so the game gonna follow the injustice story right? not a fan tbh
the game looked fun so whatever oh and new netkode yay
We dont know yet. Could be a continuation of the story or something new like a Infinite Crisis story what i would like.

Hitler Superman was fun for 1 game but i wanna see a real villain now.

I just hope that actually looks good to look at. Coming from MK9 with it's color and whatnot to Injustice was a bit of a let down.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what they do now. Running and Tag would makes things so much for me, hah.

Garlador

I just hope that actually looks good to look at. Coming from MK9 with it's color and whatnot to Injustice was a bit of a let down.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what they do now. Running and Tag would makes things so much for me, hah.

I will agree with this. When Mortal Kombat 2011 had a much richer, brighter color palette and visuals than the comic book video game they did next, something went a tad wrong.

Khezu

I'm expecting full on Batman v Superman, but with a slight improved art style from Injustice 1(less dumb armor).

So not a lot of color.

Dominator

I just started reading the Injustice comic yesterday (first comic line I've ever read more than an issue for), and I love it. Just finished Year 3 so I'll be interested to see if this sparks a new comic line once Year 5 is finished for the original Injustice.

Multiple people from ESL changed their twitter pic to the same as Ed Boon.

It could be that the announcement trailer gonna be during the MKX ESL Finals next week on the 11th.

I'd rather see them do a console version of WWE Immortals.

Anyway, I want some Talons, Darkseid, 3 Jokers, and Anti-Monitor Chair Batman.

I'd like to see a DC character appear in Kombat Pack 3 to tie in with Injustice II. Joker would be preferable, but I figure there's others that could fit in the MK universe.

As much as I'd cream over a new MK, I think X has offered more than enough for now. It really is the pinnacle of the series. Best to let it have some space until the next gen.

fernoca

I hope this game runs on UE4 so everyone can not have a case of the Robert Z'Dar jaw.
That has nothing to do with the engine though. :p

Their UE3 was heavily modified, so unless they managed to port it to UE4 without problems, it will be the same as MKX but with more improvements.

Top Bottom