• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |Mafia OT| The Night Brims With Defiled Scum

You certainly were on top of magnumboy showing up to play. Six minutes and you have an updated list with everyone else corrected too! Good work, haly.

You should probably coordinate your post times better in the scum thread so it's less obvious.

Well, day one's turning out interesting so far. For some of you, I do have my suspicions already.

Please grace us with your thoughts, as they may contain valuable insights. We welcome hearing of your previous exploits in the worlds where Mafia is played. What is your exp level, o nudull?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is this your day one top scum list?
Not at all. I just wanted to keep track of who hasn't posted and I'm too lazy to write real notes.

Now that the list is smaller my confidence in the amount of scum among the list is going down. I think my vote belongs on Camjo, not just because of the pretyped post but also because of the "no lynch" thing, which is kind of out of the blue and the exact thing I snidely remarked upon in my opening post.
You certainly were on top of magnumboy showing up to play. Six minutes and you have an updated list with everyone else corrected too! Good work, haly.
Since I made the egregious errors the first time, I took it upon myself to do a hand count (which I didn't do before because I was distracted by path of exile).

This is a very weak accusation by the way and I'm not impressed in the slightest.

Haly

I personally don't see how that helps us find scum. I do think that we as community should add one to sign ups next season to get a feel for what both new and returning players like and prioritize, but as far as an in game scum hunting tool I don't think it's very effective.

It encourages/forces people to talk (talking is good) and give concrete opinions on the game (rather than fluff) and it puts pressure on the scum team because they'll feel obligated to coordinate.

It's not a bad idea but it looks like it's not getting any traction here.

As much as I hate to see it there are a lot of people jumping on Seath right after his vote for Ri'Orius. Scum trying to discredit him after marking a beast? It might've only been a shot in the dark but as well all know... it is the beasts that lurk in the shadows.

VOTE: Ri'Orius

If more information arises I will change my vote... but day 1 seems to be mostly about gut feels and this one feels good.

Camjo-Z

Not at all. I just wanted to keep track of who hasn't posted and I'm too lazy to write real notes.

Now that the list is smaller my confidence in the amount of scum among the list is going down. I think my vote belongs on Camjo, not just because of the pretyped post but also because of the "no lynch" thing, which is kind of out of the blue and the exact thing I snidely remarked upon in my opening post.

Regarding the pre-typed post stuff, I'll repeat it in case it wasn't clear before - I copied and pasted Sorian's early posts from a previous game (Batman) as an opening gag to see if anyone would catch on. Just a joke, move along.

Secondly, the "no lynch" thing is not out of the blue. D1 random lynch has been a total waste in every game I've played in, and as evidenced by your post, it's always based on poorly-conceived knee-jerk arguments that everyone immediately forgets about when something bigger comes along. (Heck, you haven't even actually made an argument for why we should lynch today beyond your first post where you simply say you're pro-lynch.) I've also found that one extra townie can easily make or break a game near the end, so this time I'd like to try something new rather than lynching for lynching's sake.

Regarding the pre-typed post stuff, I'll repeat it in case it wasn't clear before - I copied and pasted Sorian's early posts from a previous game (Batman) as an opening gag to see if anyone would catch on. Just a joke, move along.

Secondly, the "no lynch" thing is not out of the blue. D1 random lynch has been a total waste in every game I've played in, and as evidenced by your post, it's always based on poorly-conceived knee-jerk arguments that everyone immediately forgets about when something bigger comes along. (Heck, you haven't even actually made an argument for why we should lynch today beyond your first post where you simply say you're pro-lynch.) I've also found that one extra townie can easily make or break a game near the end, so this time I'd like to try something new rather than lynching for lynching's sake.

You're about to get dog-piled dude. Ain't no no-lynch types around these parts... especially during the blood moon.

Camjo-Z

You're about to get dog-piled dude. Ain't no no-lynch types around these parts... especially during the blood moon.

I've watched this happen in 3 games and I've had enough. Sorry if some people's trigger fingers are too itchy to resist reaching for the rope, but if it's between instant gratification and winning the game I'll take the latter.

Haly

I'll bite, cause I'm bored.
^

1. What do you want out of Day 1?

I don't want to spend 3 days sitting on my hands but I don't want a quick lynch either. Hopefully activity picks up tomorrow. I'm hoping for a non-Doctor, non-PR lynch, because chances are we're going to hit Town.

2. How would you describe your playstyle?

I don't know. I sat out 3 seasons because I was so deflated by season 2. I'm coming back because I want to find out what my style is. From experience, I would say I'm pretty laid back and don't post a lot, but tend to dump when I do. I like to observe and analyze. It makes me not a very good scum-hunter, so maybe I'll change it up this time around.

I'm also decent at slipping under the radar, I think. But this also makes me pretty suspicious by... day 4 I think? So I'm going to get mislynched in this game on day 5 by my estimate and everyone will look very silly when they see I'm powerless town.

Not going to bother with the fluff.

Oh for gosh sake, haly.

I'm trying to move on from attacking you, and you keep making new reasons to vote you.

You've got Camjo's channeling of Sorian, and Palmer giving a, frankly, better explanation of how NOT TO ROLECLAIM, and everyone agreeing that, yes, role claiming is bad. So your choice is to disregard all that and role claim anyway. Is Mazre also on your scum team with you and magnumboy? Maybe not , he might have advised that that doesn't tend to go well.

squidyj

I've watched this happen in 3 games and I've had enough. Sorry if some people's trigger fingers are too itchy to resist reaching for the rope, but if it's between instant gratification and winning the game I'll take the latter.

lynching incorrectly is something that's going to happen, it is the nature of the damn game, town has limited information. throwing day 1 away does us now favours down the line.

squidyj

^

1. What do you want out of Day 1?

I don't want to spend 3 days sitting on my hands but I don't want a quick lynch either. Hopefully activity picks up tomorrow. I'm hoping for a non-Doctor, non-PR lynch, because chances are we're going to hit Town.

2. How would you describe your playstyle?

I don't know. I sat out 3 seasons because I was so deflated by season 2. I'm coming back because I want to find out what my style is. From experience, I would say I'm pretty laid back and don't post a lot, but tend to dump when I do. I like to observe and analyze. It makes me not a very good scum-hunter, so maybe I'll change it up this time around.

I'm also decent at slipping under the radar, I think. But this also makes me pretty suspicious by... day 4 I think? So I'm going to get mislynched in this game on day 5 by my estimate and everyone will look very silly when they see I'm powerless town.

Not going to bother with the fluff.

so day 1 no pressure and you're just going to come out and claim vanilla town huh?

I'm sick of this drama. The best scumtell on D1 is cautiuously contributing or contributing nothing at all. People who just put themselves out on the open like Haly are either smart scum, which means we'll have to get them later, or regular players. Lynch the quiet ones.

Haly, squidyj, thoughts on lynching Hobo?

Haly

I don't understand your fixation on Hobo, Kristoffer. It's too much on too little. Scum will often try to stay quite in the hopes that people will just lose interest but this is barely the first day of the first cycle.

squidyj

I'm sick of this drama. The best scumtell on D1 is cautiuously contributing or contributing nothing at all. People who just put themselves out on the open like Haly are either smart scum, which means we'll have to get them later, or regular players. Lynch the quiet ones.

Haly, squidyj, thoughts on lynching Hobo?

nah, haly was picking all the low hanging fruit leading up to this, I have no belief in his towniness, he was willing to jump on bandwagons make meaningless posts "just checking on the people who haven't posted yet" all sorts of stuff like that.

Haly

You've got Camjo's channeling of Sorian, and Palmer giving a, frankly, better explanation of how NOT TO ROLECLAIM, and everyone agreeing that, yes, role claiming is bad. So your choice is to disregard all that and role claim anyway. Is Mazre also on your scum team with you and magnumboy? Maybe not , he might have advised that that doesn't tend to go well.

Is vanilla town a claim now? I'm pretty sure Palmer was speaking specifically of a power role claim. In the end everyone is tacitly claiming vanilla town until pressured.

I don't understand your fixation on Hobo, Kristoffer. It's too much on too little. Scum will often try to stay quite in the hopes that people will just lose interest but this is barely the first day of the first cycle.
Besides Seath, who we should keep alive if only because of comedic potential, Hobo's the only person who's done a classic "here's a random indisputable fact to pretend like I'm contributing" first-day move. Considering we have no information to effectively go on at all, this is probably the best we're going to get on Day 1.

nah, haly was picking all the low hanging fruit leading up to this, I have no belief in his towniness, he was willing to jump on bandwagons make meaningless posts "just checking on the people who haven't posted yet" all sorts of stuff like that.
Which would make him smart scum. I agree with you, and you should keep an eye on his voting patterns. However, I think it's more beneficial to go after quiet scum instead of talkative scum on Day 1. This is because a) as the field narrows, talkative scum have to become quieter or make seemingly illogical conclusions, which makes them easier to spot, while less talkative scum can just keep playing the way they do and b) if you accidentally lynch a town player that contributes a lot, you have now lost a valuable contributor to your team and the hunt. So while I actually share your reservations about him, I'd come back to this Day 2.

Haly

Besides Seath, who we should keep alive if only because of comedic potential, Hobo's the only person who's done a classic "here's a random indisputable fact to pretend like I'm contributing" first-day move. Considering we have no information to effectively go on at all, this is probably the best we're going to get on Day 1.

I'm expecting/hoping for more activity from Hobohodo but if he really doesn't respond by the end of Day 1 I'll vote for him.

Is vanilla town a claim now? I'm pretty sure Palmer was speaking specifically of a power role claim. In the end everyone is tacitly claiming vanilla town until pressured.

In fact, vanilla is an absolute claim and falls into the same class. Instead of 24/24 players who could be PR, you have 23/24 players who could be PR. That means a fully random hit has a slightly higher percentage chance of hitting the desired target. If scum believes the claim, and of course my numbers are before reducing the player count by the number of scum.

Last season I pretty much subscribed to that theory, but we just kept lynching vanilla townies. I agree scum tend to hide in relatively low participation, but so do bored vanillas. How do you think we can get the right quiet ones and not the wrong quiet ones?

Aren't most of these deductions just wild speculation on day 1?

Yes. In my first game i constructed a whole narrative in my head, about a couple of players working together and being scum, because I thought it meant one was a godfather and they were coordinating to convince the cop to check him. ..... I was wrong. Also, when I shared my speculation with the thread, no one was impressed. But, uh.... I wasn't valueless, and my team still won.

It's not really very common to get a scum through actual deduction on day one, which is why you see so many people wanting to shorten the day phase, or not lynch, or the other arguments being made.

squidyj

It's too easy for scum to make sure we hit a townie if we go after inactives. There's usually a lot of inactive town and truly inactive scum aren't as common as you would think because they get their whole team yelling at them to say something before they become an irreversable target. I think going with your strongest reads on day 1 is the best policy. It's possible, probable even, that you'll be wrong, but being wrong is what Mafia is all about.

Haly

Squidy have you played scum in a game yet?

Haly

Vote: Kristoffer

In truth I wanted to vote squidyj but I had to review some of the other games to update my profile of him and decided not to.

Kristoffer joined two bandwagons already, one is my vote on Freakinchair, the other is Zip's vote on Hobohodo. He also has a weird thing going on with Zip. Zip voted for him. Then unvoted. Now they're both on Hobohodo and Kristoffer is trying to recruit more votes. There's also the stuff Ezekel mentioned.

Seath is literally unreadable so I'm not even going to try until day 3-4.

weemad is grasping onto straws and his reasons for voting me aren't nearly as good as squidy's.

Haly

There's also some coasters right now but I'll wait a full day I guess.

Maybe it's the vodka talking.

Please, I'm so lonely.
sad.gif

Hobohodo

I'd like some confirmation from Camjo but I assume the reason you called squidy a new player in your opening post was as you were chanelling Sorian?

Camjo, do you really feel that the majority should be No Lynch or is it more that you just want to step back from the current ongoings and keep your hands clean from what ever happens? As I feel Kalor has explained what we gain from voting on Day 1.

My main issue with a no lynch on the first day is that it means we will have less information tomorrow. We'll get no flip or voting habits. We would know who is opposed to a no lynch but that would be it. The mafia will likely kill someone who is middle of the road tonight so we'll learn nothing from that death. Sure it might harm town in the short term but it's better to take that risk than lack information.

Eh never mind kristoffer... Next time for you

VOTE: Hobohodo

Why is your name so hard to spell? Where did you go? I think you might be scum...

All those damm O's.
To bed.

You know what kills me? Hobohodo with his very lazy, reticent way of contributing, and Seath getting his one post in that contributed jack. Seath, you all will remember, was the crazy multi role claiming attention addict in Season 3. But it's Hobohodo's simple "see, I'm contributing" post that makes me think he's trying to hide.

Unvote: Freakinchair
Vote: Hobohodo

If this was an observation made on day 2 or day 3, heck even towards the end of day 1 then sure. But this was from 1 post that was ten minutes into the game. Saw something that seemed an odd mistake to make so asked about it, but with the whole copying Sorian thing that's most likely cleared up now.

I forget who brought it up but the idea that Kris and Zipped are pulling some kind of cover seems like it would be a ballsy move from them. Probably to ballsy this early on.

Vote: Kristoffer

Kristoffer joined two bandwagons already, one is my vote on Freakinchair, the other is Zip's vote on Hobohodo.

Seath is literally unreadable so I'm not even going to try until day 3-4.

Now at the risk of looking like I'm appealing to Kris here I don't like the wording that Haly is using here. I certainly wouldn't call Kris putting down a vote on someone who had also only gained one vote a 'bandwagon'. Especially when the votes on me happened at almost the same time. I just worry that someone skimming by this post of Haly's later on will take the idea it was a bandwagon for granted. Maybe Gafia has a different idea of a bandwagon but in my eyes I don't think it can be called that till were jumping on to like 4/5 votes.

However you are completely right about Seath

All that said

Vote: Nudull

You said you have some suspicions, can you share them?

roytheone

Kristoffer is very aggressive and all over the place, but to me he feels more like a townie trying to get as many reactions on day 1 to work with then scum trying to push for a certain lynch. Even though his push for hobohodo is very weak (for inactivity when we are not even 12 hours into day 1?), right now I feel him as town.

I disagree with camjo-z his push for a no lynch, and I find it especially weird he did it so soon in the day. Talking about a lynch candidate is a good way to get conversation going and see where everyone stands. I can kinda understand going no lynch later in the day if that ends up leading to nothing, but to do it so early in the day? Don't like it. On the other hand, this reaction to a proposed no lynch was almost guaranteed, would scum take that much of a risk for something that is not going to work anyway? I kinda doubt it.

To be fair, that's also partly because Ordinary Town aren't picking up any slack. It's okay to bait scum into wasting a NK on you if you're ordinary. Don't actively lie about anything, cause that's almost always more harmful to town.

Hmm hmmm. Remember a certain volcano themed game? Where a town PR lied about parts of his role and a certain scum walked right into the trap? ;)

What i want to say is: actively lying about things can actually be very useful as town when done well, confusing scum is a good thing. Just be very careful when doing it and plan it accordingly.

As much as I hate to see it there are a lot of people jumping on Seath right after his vote for Ri'Orius. Scum trying to discredit him after marking a beast? It might've only been a shot in the dark but as well all know... it is the beasts that lurk in the shadows.

VOTE: Ri'Orius

If more information arises I will change my vote... but day 1 seems to be mostly about gut feels and this one feels good.

What does this even mean? Scum jumping on seath because he voted on Ri'orius who is scum? What would that do for them except putting a spotlight on more scum if Ri'orius ends up flipping scum? Can you elaborate on your gut feeling about Ri'orius a bit?

I crave the old blood

Vote:Camjo-Z

Use (highlight] tags (/highlight] to vote, not bold.

Vote: Haly

Could do worse than vanilla town on D1. This claim is probably the least beneficial thing to the town that's happened so far. Not really crazy about Camjo thinking it's cool to open the thread with an impersonation either, but that's more annoying than actively harmful.

Vote: Never Forever

Why did you take the questionnaire idea from the Danny phantom game?

I personally don't see how that helps us find scum. I do think that we as community should add one to sign ups next season to get a feel for what both new and returning players like and prioritize, but as far as an in game scum hunting tool I don't think it's very effective.

because it's a conversational prompt, I know how difficult it is to join in when everyone's going off and interacting and you're just there in the corner like 'eek'. A few open questions to everyone offer the opportunity to #breakfree and get chatting.

I have no major expectations for it as a scumhunting tool by itself, just a participation aiding one. However, the more people start talking and contributing, the more stuff there is to comb through and the more chances that something scummy will rise to the surface.

not that anyone took advantage of it or particularly needed it in the end, but oh well, you don't know unless you try

This claim is probably the least beneficial thing to the town that's happened so far. Not really crazy about Camjo thinking it's cool to open the thread with an impersonation either, but that's more annoying than actively harmful.

jesus

find your chill bro

roytheone

Vote: Haly

Could do worse than vanilla town on D1. This claim is probably the least beneficial thing to the town that's happened so far. Not really crazy about Camjo thinking it's cool to open the thread with an impersonation either, but that's more annoying than actively harmful.

Do you actually think haly is scum? Because voting on him just because we could do worse then vanilla town on D1 is stupid.

Camjo-Z

I'd like some confirmation from Camjo but I assume the reason you called squidy a new player in your opening post was as you were chanelling Sorian?

Camjo, do you really feel that the majority should be No Lynch or is it more that you just want to step back from the current ongoings and keep your hands clean from what ever happens? As I feel Kalor has explained what we gain from voting on Day 1.

OWAH! Wanted to try something new this time, maybe it was a bit too inside-jokey. Sorian seemed to like it at least...

Anyway, if I wanted to keep my hands clean, I'd just fall into line and vote someone who's annoying me instead of arguing for a no lynch. I'm not gonna cry about it if people end up lynching anyway, but I definitely will be pushing for it today.

lynching incorrectly is something that's going to happen, it is the nature of the damn game, town has limited information. throwing day 1 away does us now favours down the line.

I think going with your strongest reads on day 1 is the best policy. It's possible, probable even, that you'll be wrong, but being wrong is what Mafia is all about.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is literally saying "yeah, we basically can't make anything resembling an informed decision on who to vote today, but that's just the game!" There has never been a D2 where at least some piece of tangible info was not learned, so why let Day 1 alone be based on shitty first impressions and reactionary votes?

I would again like to stress that by killing off a townie on D1 as is almost inevitable, the game will thus last one less day before maf and town equal each other in numbers. That's one less day for cop reports, potental doc saves, and so on and so forth. It's not like there's zero benefit to NLing. Also, for people concerned that the lack of D1 voting information will some how be ruinous for the rest of the game, perhaps stop relying on votes so much. There are other ways to get a read on people like, for example, how they react to the totally reasonable suggestion of a no lynch.

Do you actually think haly is scum? Because voting on him just because we could do worse then vanilla town on D1 is stupid.
My vote will land on whoever is actively harming the town the most imo. Just because Haly claims to be vanilla doesn't mean he is and that claim is the most harmful thing to happen yet. And, if he is telling the truth, could be worse.

Kristoffer is very aggressive and all over the place, but to me he feels more like a townie trying to get as many reactions on day 1 to work with then scum trying to push for a certain lynch. Even though his push for hobohodo is very weak (for inactivity when we are not even 12 hours into day 1?), right now I feel him as town.

I disagree with camjo-z his push for a no lynch, and I find it especially weird he did it so soon in the day. Talking about a lynch candidate is a good way to get conversation going and see where everyone stands. I can kinda understand going no lynch later in the day if that ends up leading to nothing, but to do it so early in the day? Don't like it. On the other hand, this reaction to a proposed no lynch was almost guaranteed, would scum take that much of a risk for something that is not going to work anyway? I kinda doubt it.

Hmm hmmm. Remember a certain volcano themed game? Where a town PR lied about parts of his role and a certain scum walked right into the trap? ;)

What i want to say is: actively lying about things can actually be very useful as town when done well, confusing scum is a good thing. Just be very careful when doing it and plan it accordingly.

What does this even mean? Scum jumping on seath because he voted on Ri'orius who is scum? What would that do for them except putting a spotlight on more scum if Ri'orius ends up flipping scum? Can you elaborate on your gut feeling about Ri'orius a bit?

It's exactly what you said - obviously they're not coming out in full defense of him but it's something I noticed. Ri'orius posted once so far and "threw out a vote to see what sticks" - was also siding with Seath who voted for him... which is a really weird thing to do. Almost like he's just trying to brush aside Seath's previous vote for him without drawing any suspicion on himself. So far it's worked.

roytheone

Anyway, if I wanted to keep my hands clean, I'd just fall into line and vote someone who's annoying me instead of arguing for a no lynch. I'm not gonna cry about it if people end up lynching anyway, but I definitely will be pushing for it today.

If we end up having a couple of lynch candidates and it is clear that no lynch is not going to happen, will you end up voting on one of those candidates or stick with your no lynch?

roytheone

It's exactly what you said - obviously they're not coming out in full defense of him but it's something I noticed. Ri'orius posted once so far and "threw out a vote to see what sticks" - was also siding with Seath who voted for him... which is a really weird thing to do. Almost like he's just trying to brush aside Seath's previous vote for him without drawing any suspicion on himself. So far it's worked.

I really hope you are right because if scum are actively defending Ri'orius because of one random, throw out vote in the beginning of day 1 that means very little they suck ass and we will easily win. I don't except them to suck ass and we will probably not easily win. Also, what is weird about agreeing with seath in this case? Seath throwed out a random vote to see what sticks. Ri'orius agreed with this tactic, that seaths vote landed on him shouldn't really matter much in this case, he would still agree with the tactic. Will be weird thing to say "I agree with your tactic of a random vote, but since I am that random vote your tactic is suddenly bad".

Camjo-Z

If we end up having a couple of lynch candidates and it is clear that no lynch is not going to happen, will you end up voting on one of those candidates or stick with your no lynch?

If it's a tie vote I'm certainly not going to break it, and if someone starts taking a lead they don't really need my vote do they? I will make sure to give a personal finger of suspicion closer to the end of the day though as a little "who I'd vote if I wasn't NLing" to quell anyone's fears that I'm trying to avoid taking a hard stance on anyone, because people have given me plenty to judge off of already.

Palmer_v1

One, everyone was town at the time, and two, it helps when the mod of the game gives you special advantages to convince people with. That cheating should never happen again. Typically, outright lying is probably going to waste the time of town PR as much as scum.

Kalor

For now I'll throw a vote out on someone who hasn't posted yet.

Vote: johnnyquicknives

Haly already claiming vanilla town is weird but then if that's your role you have less to lose by mentioning it. It could be a scum who wants to be established as vanilla early on but that seems unlikely. He said powerless town so it might just mean he doesn't have an active power but maybe that's reading too much into it.

Nudull

Banned
Please grace us with your thoughts, as they may contain valuable insights. We welcome hearing of your previous exploits in the worlds where Mafia is played. What is your exp level, o nudull?

kristoffer's actions have been somewhat sketchy, especially with talking about a role PM out in the open (even with similar wording being right in the OP, so why specifically reference your own?) when it could potentially paint a target for scum. Very courageous, or there's something else going on. Then there's Camjo-Z getting out in the open with a pre-emptive message and all, though it may just as much be courtesy as it is a scumtell. There are several others who either have yet to post, or are posting very little, and several others have debated about this easily raising suspicion (though I'd rather do a wait-and-see).

I am keeping in mind that, while there's merit in staying alert as early as possible, stabbing in the dark can be just as dangerous.

As for my experiences with Mafia, this certainly isn't my first. I've done several others on another form where I've RPed as other characters, and have won a couple (often thanks to others pulling through and working together). This is a bit on a different level for me, though I think I will manage.

roytheone

If it's a tie vote I'm certainly not going to break it, and if someone starts taking a lead they don't really need my vote do they? I will make sure to give a personal finger of suspicion closer to the end of the day though as a little "who I'd vote if I wasn't NLing" to quell anyone's fears that I'm trying to avoid taking a hard stance on anyone, because people have given me plenty to judge off of already.

So if two people are vote candidates, one you read as town and one you read as scum, and no lynch is no longer an option, you will still not vote?

One, everyone was town at the time, and two, it helps when the mod of the game gives you special advantages to convince people with. That cheating should never happen again. Typically, outright lying is probably going to waste the time of town PR as much as scum.

Huh? oh, you are talking about the Sorian stuff? Yeah, I agree that was bullshit. I was actually referencing me lying about how I got my powers in that game and fooling that weird Ridli fellow :) It was more a remark that town PR shouldn't be afraid to lie about their powers to confuse scum. Ordinary town is a different case and I agree that lying for them is less useful.

Hobohodo

The thing is being part of a vote isn't really keeping your hands clean as depending on how the victim flips it gives us something to look at, who was there from the start, who bandwagoned, who flip flopped. Coming out and saying No Lynch in the face of all this feels a bit like saying 'Nah I ain't giving you any angle to look at me from, I didn't take part at all'. Saying that on the event of a tie you won't vote but will say who you WOULD vote for comes across to me like you wanna have it both ways as well.

Camjo-Z

So if two people are vote candidates, one you read as town and one you read as scum, and no lynch is no longer an option, you will still not vote?

You can add as many modifiers to it as you want, but unless there's even the slightest shred of evidence to point towards someone, I am not interested in lynching today.

The thing is being part of a vote isn't really keeping your hands clean as depending on how the victim flips it gives us something to look at, who was there from the start, who bandwagoned, who flip flopped. Coming out and saying No Lynch in the face of all this feels a bit like saying 'Nah I ain't giving you any angle to look at me from, I didn't take part at all'. Saying that on the event of a tie you won't vote but will say who you WOULD vote for comes across to me like you wanna have it both ways as well.

You're right, I DO want to have it both ways! By voting for no lynch while also saying who I would vote for, I get the benefit of giving an opinion without wasting a townie as well! I get the best of both worlds!
chill it out take it slow then you rock out the show please kill me

Also, it's laughable to suggest that you can "look at who bandwagoned, who flip flopped, etc" when everyone's outright admitting that the D1 vote is a gamble. Are you going to magically determine who was lying about that and whose votes were calculated? Probably not, without some other evidence that will pop up on D2. And in my experience, that other evidence tends to overshadow any D1 voting anyway.

Palmer_v1

Huh? oh, you are talking about the Sorian stuff? Yeah, I agree that was bullshit. I was actually referencing me lying about how I got my powers in that game and fooling that weird Ridli fellow :) It was more a remark that town PR shouldn't be afraid to lie about their powers to confuse scum. Ordinary town is a different case and I agree that lying for them is less useful.

Oh, that's a different thing. Your claim was true, just some of the details were fudged, which can definitely be good. I'm more concerned with the entirely fabricated roles some town like to claim, which just causes town to stall out discussing it, while scum, who has more info, can probably see through it.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
because it's a conversational prompt, I know how difficult it is to join in when everyone's going off and interacting and you're just there in the corner like 'eek'. A few open questions to everyone offer the opportunity to #breakfree and get chatting.

I have no major expectations for it as a scumhunting tool by itself, just a participation aiding one. However, the more people start talking and contributing, the more stuff there is to comb through and the more chances that something scummy will rise to the surface.

not that anyone took advantage of it or particularly needed it in the end, but oh well, you don't know unless you try

OK, that makes sense. Day one is when we probably need conversations to be started the most.

I think I'll switch my vote to someone else to get him talking.

vote: Rynam

You made one post to let us know that you were in the game, but haven't said anything else after that. What do you think about some of the current developments, and who is catching your suspicions?

Top Bottom