• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bar MAFIA |OT| There's Gonna Be Shots

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Just dropping in to confirm I should be pretty active from Saturday on. Have fun, y'all.

Kyanrute

Here again. The game seems, again, to be at its activity peak during my sleep hours. Which is fine or even good, since it gives me much to react to. More meta bs coming soonTM.

Kawl_USC

Good morning, friendos.

I've taken time out of my busy schedule managing Hibernian on my iPad working to bring you a vote count.

wherearemahdragonz (1)
hyperactivity 205 (335)
barrylocke 383

mattyg (1)
batsnacks 222
ourobolus 245 (300)

hyperactivity (3)
kingkitty 224 (474)
dusk soldier 253
a human becoming 264 (will adjust when new blood changes vote)
timeaisis 459

batsnacks (0)
ourobolus 300 (417)
ourobolus 433 (490)

ourobolus (1)
salvapot 327
hyperactivity 335 (360)

crab (1)
hyperactivity 360

theexodu5 (0)
barrylocke 377 (383)

stackpoleh (1)
ourobolus 417 (433)
timetokill 472

dusk soldier (2)
kingkitty 474
stackpoleh 557

timeaisis (1)
ourobolus 490

12 votes for majority.

gre_1465678800.png

I bossed the first season, not even Rangers got promoted the idiots. Falkirk and I went up, undefeated in 24 games, started the Scottish premership with a win at Inverness. We good, we good.

Oh right, is this thing still on?
Since my fabulous cohost managed to bottom of the page this dealio.

Kyanrute

oh boy day one read lists oh yes just add lots of meta and reach the stars. Let’s take a look at the ones that I have some opinion about without a reread and a rethought. I should mention that since there is meta here, these are really more feels than opinions to be argued about.

01 [m] timetokill - New - I’ll group the noobs together just because. In both of my past games, there was a noob scum. I was one of them and I was part of the scum team with the another. While you cannot make a clear case just from this, it can be used as a day one weapon, when the lynch candidates generally are very close to each others in terms of #townpoints. Out of the two noobs, ttk is closer to the noob scum of my imagination.

02 [m] Catvoca - New - The main difference between the two is their activity. Catvoca is more active, more present, while ttk, I feel, lies back a bit, something that is common to all scum.

04 [f] Wherearemahdragonz - The scum noob of the second game of mine. The main difference I see is that she feels more active this time. Wheter is comes from newfound confidence since she is noob no more or from the pressure she is feeling as a scum, I am not sure. She seems to be throwing shade around, hoping that something sticks. Could we get a Ouroboborulu-style top town/scum list out of you dragonz?

09 [m] Retroid - Is avoiding stance-taking by talking about the benefits of no-lynch. Join the murderous merriment or become the rope extension I feel. His stance on the no lynch is genuine though I think but I hope he would see the other side too.

14 [m] Ourobolus - When Hyper’s kick to the conversation stopped being effective enough, he picked the job up. Coordination or a coincidence? The discussion points are similar (but it is day one after all). If one flips scum, should look at the other one. But in general, the discussion that is generated is net gain for town, so I would be against lynching them for now.

15 [m] batsnacks - I am awaiting the batplans. Are you neutral again? Is hard to read anyway in my opinion.

20 [m] *Splinter - Not an indication of their alignment, but they seem consistent with the image I have of them.

21 [m] Timeaisis - Not an indication of their alignment, but they seem consistent with the image I have of them.

22 [m] Hyperactivity - Activity slowed down greatly. Kickstarted the conversation and then laid back. Would not lynch but a minor concern exist about a Hyperpouboublus scum team. And there was that joke about that too.

23 [m] kingkitty - Not an indication of their alignment, but they seem consistent with the image I have of them.

Kyanrute

And then for the rest of the bunch.

03 [m] tomakasatnav - Says is against a day one lynch. Proposes that Hyper put attention to dragonz as a diversion. Very little else.

06 [m] euphemism - Posted very little.

07 [f] Tar-Miriel - New - More noobs so obviously a possible scum. /joke

08 [m] Crab - Busy. I am expecting megaposts and a vote on saturday.

10 [f] StackpoleH - Entertains a slight possibility of a no lynch. Engages in the discussion which gives the few #townpoints needed to stay away from the inactive part of the lynch list.

11 [m] Dusk Soldier - Doing the Dusk-reach with Hyper. Rather eager with it. Attracted many votes and scum reads for a behavior that I feel is consistent with my image of him.

12 [m] TheExodu5 - Posted very little. Advocates no lynch.

13 [m] MattyG - Posted very little.

16 [m] SalvaPot - Posted some but lacks meaningful content.

17 [m] AbsolutBro - Was given attention for overlapping newbie info posts. Why did these insignifigant threats warrant answers? Very little else.

18 [m] Barrylocke - Contributes, votes, has opinions.

19 [m] nin1000 - Engaged in the conversation lightly.

I am surprised how many are for a no lynch. There must be one scum at least there: either looking to actually push the no lynch forward or just trying to look different and edgy because no sane scum would be so open about a pro-scum move. Could use more posts from a bunch of folks, lowriding too is a fine way to hide. I’d be more suspicious of those who give just a tiiny tiny bit of content instead of the ones that just post to be present.

And then for the rest of the bunch.

03 [m] tomakasatnav - Says is against a day one lynch. Proposes that Hyper put attention to dragonz as a diversion. Very little else.

Just to clarify a little:

Being against day one lynch is my normal stance, but I'm trying to change things up since so many people say it is best to lynch on day one.

Actually, what I was proposing was that Hyper put attention to dragonz with the initial questions just to start something happening on Day 1. Then a number of people came and answered those questions. It might have been that it wasn't clear they were meant for dragonz as opposed to everyone, but it could also be that dragonz is scum, and another scum saw that they were being targetted and answered the questions as well so there wasn't laser focus on one person.

Kyanrute

Just to clarify a little:

Being against day one lynch is my normal stance, but I'm trying to change things up since so many people say it is best to lynch on day one.

Actually, what I was proposing was that Hyper put attention to dragonz with the initial questions just to start something happening on Day 1. Then a number of people came and answered those questions. It might have been that it wasn't clear they were meant for dragonz as opposed to everyone, but it could also be that dragonz is scum, and another scum saw that they were being targetted and answered the questions as well so there wasn't laser focus on one person.

Apologies for the misunderstandment and thanks for the clarification. The something was the feeling I got too from Hyper's questions and I get the same feeling from Ouro's list as well. Both of course have the additional benefit of providing more food for future analysis too. I feel it is hard to tell a diversion on day one, when we know so little.

Kyanrute

no diversion

just wanted to get a sense of where people will most likely place their votes today

The diversion was about my interpretation of what tomakasatnav said about the Hyper-dragonz exchange. But it is a fine lil talking point. Both the demands, the questions and the list, could be diversions to draw attention away from something. But even if that was the case, it is very hard to tell if it would be so, as we know nothing. What caused the diversion? Who was under fire? etc. For the record, I do not agree with the diversion idea, because both the demands have clear advantages to town and disadvantages to scum. They make things clear and restrict scum's ability to maneuver around, since they are forced to take stances. With that:

Town:
kingkitty
Catvoca
*Splinter

Scum:
SalvaPot
TheExodu5
AbsolutBro

Sidenote: I agree with Ouro’s notion that Hyper’s play would fit a neutral. A neutral who wanted to appear as a eager townie but backed off a tad after getting some fire thrown at them.

*Splinter

I doubt a neutral would try to lead the game, they'd be too at risk from scum. If you think Hyper is a false leader I don't understand how you come to neutral over scum.

Kyanrute

I doubt a neutral would try to lead the game, they'd be too at risk from scum. If you think Hyper is a false leader I don't understand how you come to neutral over scum.

A fine point but I don't think I've mentioned how many #neutralpoints Hyper has over #scumpoints in my #pointcalculator. Since you are interested in that though, both the neutral and the scum gauge are above 0 at the moment. If you are wondering why didn't he get to the top scum list, well, some others have more points where it matters.

*Splinter

I forgot Salva was in the game until Kyan's scumlist. He'd make a good lynch candidate if he doesn't step up.

Same for nin/Exodu5/Euphemism... really too many people in this absolute null category at the moment.

batsnacks

He's on everyone's list but doesn't have any votes.

Vote: TheExodu5

Also not necessarily game related but the bar napkin stuff is really cool. Maybe the best flavor type thing I've seen in a game.

batsnacks

I forgot Salva was in the game until Kyan's scumlist. He'd make a good lynch candidate if he doesn't step up.

Same for nin/Exodu5/Euphemism... really too many people in this absolute null category at the moment.
I don't know if I want to lynch Salva "FART KING" Pot he's pretty funny but yeah he could post more.

Timeaisis

I forgot nin was in the game until you just now mentioned him.

I'm between a Hyper and Exodo5 vote. Currently, I'm on Hyper, but his posts have been a bit more level recently.

What are your reasons for a Salva vote? Just curious, he hasn't really appeared on my radar other than being MIA. Which is suspicious but why do you think he would make a good lynch candidate otherwise?

cabot

I'm free to give drawing lessons.

wherearemahdragonz (1)
hyperactivity 205 (335)
barrylocke 383

mattyg (1)
batsnacks 222 (626)
ourobolus 245 (300)
ourobolus 624

hyperactivity (3)
kingkitty 224 (474)
dusk soldier 253
a human becoming 264
timeaisis 459

batsnacks (0)
ourobolus 300 (417)
ourobolus 433 (490)

ourobolus (1)
salvapot 327
hyperactivity 335 (360)

crab (0)
hyperactivity 360 (614)

stackpoleh (1)
ourobolus 417 (433)
timetokill 472

dusk soldier (2)
kingkitty 474
stackpoleh 557

timeaisis (0)
ourobolus 490 (624)

theexodu5 (1)
barrylocke 377 (383)
batsnacks 626

12 votes for majority.

gre_1465678800.png

TheExodu5

Banned
Honestly, I'm just by very invested first day, and combined with being busy, it's hard for me to contribute much. I'm really not sure why everyone's firing at Hyper...he's promoted useful conversation so I don't see the need to put pressure on him.

You always got my back man.

Your a swell guy, I don't care what any says about your game-running skills.

*chugs glass*

I'll take a bottle of your most expensive scotch.

Honestly, I'm just by very invested first day, and combined with being busy, it's hard for me to contribute much. I'm really not sure why everyone's firing at Hyper...he's promoted useful conversation so I don't see the need to put pressure on him.

If you can't see how his posts / those questions are suspicious then I don't know what to tell you.

I can only ask a question. Why don't you find his contributions fishy? I know you said he promotes conversation but I'm not convinced.

TheExodu5

Banned
If you can't see how his posts / those questions are suspicious then I don't know what to tell you.

I can only ask a question. Why don't you find his contributions fishy? I know you said he promotes conversation but I'm not convinced.

His questions only give insight into our behaviour, and don't divulge any real information that could hurt town. I don't really see how they're suspicious.

*Splinter

What are your reasons for a Salva vote? Just curious, he hasn't really appeared on my radar other than being MIA. Which is suspicious but why do you think he would make a good lynch candidate otherwise?
He's... "unconventional". In a vacuum he'd be near the bottom of the list of potential NKs, so unless PRs get involved he's going to be a question mark until we lynch him. If he's not even going to pretend to try then I have no reason NOT to lynch him today.

Same for nin, honestly.

I mean it's true for everyone, but some more than others.

(Not saying that Salva/nin are bad players, just easy scapegoats for scum in the late game).

SalvaPot

He's... "unconventional". In a vacuum he'd be near the bottom of the list of potential NKs, so unless PRs get involved he's going to be a question mark until we lynch him. If he's not even going to pretend to try then I have no reason NOT to lynch him today.

Same for nin, honestly.

(Not saying that Salva/nin are bad players, just easy scapegoats for scum in the late game).

Just say I am always scummy as fuck.

Timeaisis

VOTE: Timeaisis

Cool, thanks. In the future when I check in I will yawn loudly just like that. It means I'm here, listening, but bored. Good to know that's a #scumtell for you.

Nin, I like you, but you are riding that "minimum level of contribution" line pretty well right now. It's D1 so you get the benefit of the doubt.

Same for nin, honestly.

Well, the last thought you made about scapegoats is true. But the bolded "he's not trying to act NOT scummy" isn't a great reason to lynch someone. Actually, it's a pretty terrible reason. I'd much rather lynch someone who seems like they are playing scummy. Like Hyper.

*Splinter

Cool, thanks. In the future when I check in I will yawn loudly just like that. It means I'm here, listening, but bored. Good to know that's a #scumtell for you.

Nin, I like you, but you are riding that "minimum level of contribution" line pretty well right now. It's D1 so you get the benefit of the doubt.

Well, the last thought you made about scapegoats is true. But the bolded "he's not trying to act NOT scummy" isn't a great reason to lynch someone. Actually, it's a pretty terrible reason. I'd much rather lynch someone who seems like they are playing scummy. Like Hyper.
He can act scummy all he wants if he shares some actual game-related thoughts. Or at least pretend to, right now his attitude tells me he isnt going to contribute at any point today because he knows he doesn't need to.

"I'm a scummy fuck and I always am so it's not a scumtell cya tomorrow for more of the same".

Nah

VOTE: SalvaPot

Top Bottom