• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

SkyOdin

Also, my reasoning for voting Xam is the fact he was on both TWE and RF rather bandwagon-like, especially RF where his vote still lies if I'm using the voting tool correctly.

Oceanic, do you plan on entering a vote soon then? We are running low on time after all.

No traction on a needless roleclaim lynch?

if it was anyone but blarg im sure we would all be over it.

now im not saying that its nothing, i (and hopefuly others) will definitely be keeping it in mind when trying to figure blarg out, but for now its not really enough to justify lynching him.

SkyOdin

if it was anyone but blarg im sure we would all be over it.

now im not saying that its nothing, i (and hopefuly others) will definitely be keeping it in mind when trying to figure blarg out, but for now its not really enough to justify lynching him.

I do feel like this double standard with Blargonaut compared to other players is a little disconcerting. Just because he cultivates such a distinct persona doesn't mean that his role claiming is any less damaging than anyone else's.

Enker

That said though, why are you going for me instead of TWE?

TWE seems to have made himself pretty good NK bait if one assumes he's not scum.

There's too many people "joking" about knowing something, prodding at roles or hinting at them to not want to solve this Monty Hall problem.

pOXh62P.jpg

VOTE TALLY:

blargonaut (1)
gryvan 60 (169)
giant panda 158 (330)
cornburrito 265 (340)
flame_ac 436

darryl (1)
el topo 72 (153)
cornburrito 442

rats off to ya (0)
ultron87 108 (172)

xamtheking (2)
xamtheking 143 (217)
skyodin 270 (279)
theworthyedge 329
giant panda 330
cornburrito 340 (442)

theworthyedge (1)
darryl 146 (305)
trigger 157 (304)
starsketch 201 (253)
flame_ac 206 (436)
xamtheking 217 (321)
blargonaut 285 (306)
ultron87 406

cornburrito (1)
el topo 153
blargonaut 188 (267)

the worthyedge (0)
trigger 156 (157)

flameac (0)
crimsonfist 233 (418)

flame_ac (1)
skyodin 279

royal_flush (2)
blargonaut 306 (323)
blargonaut 323
xamtheking 326

royalflush (0)
xamtheking 321 (326)

no lynch (1)
darryl 363

skyodin (1)
crimsonfist 418

starsketch (1)
enker 420

melonrabbit (1)
ty4on 443

Day 1 Ends in:
gre_1465578000.png

It seems that the vote tally is missing some data. Crimsonfist voted for Flame_AC back in post #233, but that is missing from this list. He might have misspelled Flame's name though.

Typoes are the posters' responsibility to correct. Don't argue with the VOTE TOOL. The VOTE TOOL is a boon and we have to be grateful to it by sacrificing players at appropriate intervals, for its hunger is insatiable.

Edit: Also the vote done in post #233 actually showed up under "flameac" instead of "flame_ac". The VOTE TOOL is infallible.

SkyOdin

Typoes are the posters' responsibility to correct. Don't argue with the VOTE TOOL. The VOTE TOOL is a boon and we have to be grateful to it by sacrificing players at appropriate intervals, for its hunger is insatiable.

Understood, I will never question the VOTE TOOL again.

...pleasedon'tkillme

gryvan

VOTE: Rats Off To Ya[/highligh]

I want to hear more from you as to what you think of the whole current situation since it looks like i haven't seen a lot of activity from you through posts here.

I'm gonna go ahead and put my vote on Blarg for now. The typo case was ridiculous and, as is per usual, I don't really understand many of his other posts. Not sure if his ordinary claim is supposed to be serious or not, but regardless of the intent behind it, it certainly isn't helping town. I want to say he screwed around with town as scum in WWE (at least, with the totally nonsensical posts)? I've sort of blocked off my memories of that game, but maybe something similar is happening here. There's also the fact that not many other people are pinging me as scummy right now. TWE has been feeling kind of weird to me (I think his claim that he didn't know the day started is believable enough, but the role fishing was very blatant), and I still don't like Flame's flavor speculation (not just talking about speculating on flavor itself, but the fact that he's entertaining the possibility that Danny is not town). I could go in either of those directions too.

VOTE: Blargonaut

El Topo

That is all some grade-A bullshitting, Sky. You call the survey useless, now that you have already contradicted yourself? You write so much about how Darryl is suspicious, then don't put him on the list, unlike others who get their due to the vaguest crap?

Bullshit.
VOTE: SkyOdin

roytheone

Edit: Also the vote done in post #233 actually showed up under "flameac" instead of "flame_ac". The VOTE TOOL is infallible.

Unless you have a vote in a dual quote in your post, then to vote tool will break faster then my will when speaking to cabot.

I want to hear more from you as to what you think of the whole current situation since it looks like i haven't seen a lot of activity from you through posts here.

Eh. It's been a lot of the typical day one stuff of stringing people up for the most minor infractions. Necessary at this point, I know, but not the kind of thing that excites me about this game.

Corn is the one that's stuck out to me the most. Feels like he's throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt by considering that his terrible arguments are some scum ploy and not just bad play.

3 hours to go and no clear leader. Prepare for an unexpected outcome.

I'm not feeling the CornBro vote atm. Darryl looks legitimately lost. Blarg is playing suspiciously straight with no cryptic shenanigans. melonrabbit is awol. I don't know what to make of Xam. The SkyOdin thing actually makes sense. StarSketch quiet as always. I have no really strong reads in any direction. I don't know :(

To do some kind of list:

Leaning Scum (in no particular order)
Blarg
SkyOdin
Flame_AC

Leaning Town (in no particular order)
TWE
Ty4on

vote: Flame_AC

I hope to be around to witness the last minute bandwagon...

Trigger

I'm leaning town on Xam and Darryl. Mostly for meta-reasons.

VOTE: StarSketch

I can't help but feel like you're scum who's sliding under the radar. Going with my gut here.

Darryl

Banned
Flame_AC does seem to be neither here nor there. His posts have had little impact on me. If there is traction for a no vote, let me know. I think it could be a good idea. Until then:

Vote: Flame_AC

I'm gonna go ahead and put my vote on Blarg for now. The typo case was ridiculous and, as is per usual, I don't really understand many of his other posts. Not sure if his ordinary claim is supposed to be serious or not, but regardless of the intent behind it, it certainly isn't helping town. I want to say he screwed around with town as scum in WWE (at least, with the totally nonsensical posts)? I've sort of blocked off my memories of that game, but maybe something similar is happening here. There's also the fact that not many other people are pinging me as scummy right now. TWE has been feeling kind of weird to me (I think his claim that he didn't know the day started is believable enough, but the role fishing was very blatant), and I still don't like Flame's flavor speculation (not just talking about speculating on flavor itself, but the fact that he's entertaining the possibility that Danny is not town). I could go in either of those directions too.

VOTE: Blargonaut

lol okay

4 out of the 4 or 5 Mafia are obviously Royal_Flush, ultron87, Matt Attack and gryvan

Flush is still clearly avoiding me
ultron is his sidewinding lackey
Matt Attack's oh-so eagerly pounced on my weak bait
gryvan's sucking up to me with a Town read after I accused him of being scum

GAME OVER

too easy

I do feel like this double standard with Blargonaut compared to other players is a little disconcerting. Just because he cultivates such a distinct persona doesn't mean that his role claiming is any less damaging than anyone else's.

It's practically apocalyptic

SkyOdin

That is all some grade-A bullshitting, Sky. You call the survey useless, now that you have already contradicted yourself? You write so much about how Darryl is suspicious, then don't put him on the list, unlike others who get their due to the vaguest crap?

Bullshit.
VOTE: SkyOdin

Are you more suspicious of me because I didn't vote for Darryl, or are you suspicious of me because I had your name on my scum list? Since I am getting vibes that it is more the latter than the former. So, you voting for me like this is giving me the same vibes that I got from your earlier vote on Corn Burrito: lashing out at people who are suspicious of you in an overly defensive way.

Look, right now you aren't even that high on my scum list. I'm not going to be voting for you today. I don't think my actions have been contradictory either. I explained what I meant.

(I'm going to vote for the scummiest player in this game right now.)
VOTE: No Lynch
(He/she/it hasn't said a single word all game.)
(/s)

SkyOdin

Where is this last-minute Flame push coming from? I've had my vote on him for days now, and few people seriously discussed him. Now, when we are within the last few hours of the game a strong push starts for Flame? I know I have had my vote on him for a while now, but this feels fishy.

Enker

Closing time James, last call!

Tyrion, if one presumes you'd move your vote to someone other than melonrabbit, who would get your axe?

I really do agree with this, as I alluded to before I really don't like having to decipher a person's posts due to personality and have to go under another layer beyond normal mafia play. But at the same time he's also the same person who claimed mafia as a cop, so I'm not taking any claim from him seriously.

Anyways,
vote: Xamtheking
I haven't really seen anything else to sway me but beyond Xam, Trigger/SkyOdin/Flame_AC are all persons of interest for me and won't be bothered if any of them are lynched instead as they all make my gut twinge.

Darryl

Banned
Where is this last-minute Flame push coming from? I've had my vote on him for days now, and few people seriously discussed him. Now, when we are within the last few hours of the game a strong push starts for Flame? I know I have had my vote on him for a while now, but this feels fishy.

are you getting cold feet

huh, let me think

First you vote for Flame... then...

o
m
g

It was Royal_Flush who voted next

What a redirect!

scandalous

While in town the baker gives you an *eyeroll*. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy only to be intercepted by a gang of three other kids your age. The leader demands the *eyeroll*, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it.

---
A) Drop the *eyeroll* and step on it, then get ready for the fight.

B) Give him the *eyeroll* now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you.

C) Act like you're going to give him the *eyeroll*, but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader.​

Ty4on

Closing time James, last call!

Tyrion, if one presumes you'd move your vote to someone other than melonrabbit, who would get your axe?
Not Flame. He's currently my top town. I liked how direct he was in his response to asking Worthy if he were DP.

I originally town read Sky, but reading back his posts aren't townie as I remember. On the other hand not really scummy either.
Corn and Darryl I'm not sure of. Both have been a bit more passive than I'm used to.
Xam is also hard to read, but I lean town because of his IDGAF attitude.
Ultron has been cautious, but his vote on Worthy seems like an odd choice for scum.

StarSketch hasn't said much, but her posts have a very cautious feel. She's probably my top scum, but not by a big margin.

Don't mind the typo, Tyrone sounds cool :p

SkyOdin

are you getting cold feet

Considering that in my last game I lost the game for town because of my poor judgement, I think I am entitled to second guess myself just a little bit.

Besides, my Flame vote is one I made a while ago, and I have had a lot more posts to read since then. More than anything though, I would like to see the people voting for Flame to voice their thoughts a bit more. Right now, it still sorta feels that they are just latching on to arguments Crimsonfist and I made a long time ago.

Could ypu explain this is more detail, because to me it looks like you're transparently joining a bandwagon that you think will go through.
If it looks like a bandwagon vote, that's because it basically is. I wasn't sure if I would be around for day end, and there wasn't really a direction for me to Go in because apparently no one is doing anything stupid enough to be scummy but not so dumb there's no way they're scum. At least that's what it feels like to me.

And by the looks of things, we can't make a decision with an hour left. If you all want to pile on me for this, then fine. We lose a town member, but I guess it's better than my passive behavior causing MYLO or something.

I'd be happy with Xam or Starsketch for the lynch. Blarg, you entertain me, but your persistence on the typo seems a little scummy too. Most scum wouldn't want to be in the limelight as much as Blarg is right now, but Blarg has to be in the limelight or he'd look even more suspicious.

Top Bottom