• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Phantom Mafia |OT| Your lynch doesn't stand a ghost of a chance!

However, there really aren't many leads to be gained from taking out any three of them; banishing StarSketch will only yield the potential Flame connection, and vice versa, while banishing Ty4on is quite a stand-alone result, at the moment.

Yet, between Flame and Star, I do recommend pursuing Flame, for his hammer-vote.

btw Corn, your case against StarSketch is pretty bad

What you should have said was:

"Seeing as how Flame_AC beat the tie and hammer-voted SkyOdin in the last ten seconds of the Day, it could be surmised that his vote against him was premeditated, pre-typed and ready to push in an instant in order to save his possible scum partner StarSketch from being lynched; he preeminently knowing, of course, that SkyOdin was not scum as they were."​

IMO

"And Ty4on, after voting against StarSketch for no apparent reason; rather than withdraw it or participate in Yesterday's closing vote skirmish, he instead seemingly preferred to refrain, and feign his shock at how the voting proceeded.

One scum partner, StarSketch, on the precipice of banishment.

One scum partner, Flame_AC, fully ready to drop his pre-written vote in order to save StarSketch via 'tie-breaker'.

One scum partner, Ty4on, deliberately holding back while his colleague Flame prepared to save StarSketch from lynching, so as not to incriminate all three of them at once through suggestive voting patterns.

If she had been lynched and flipped as scum, Ty4on would have gained quite reasonable Town cred.
"​

gryvan

Sorry I was basically watching E3 all night and completely forgot about this game...

So I read through the pages so far

Corn v. StarSketch

I can understand that star was being very vague on Day 1 through several of SS's posts but at the same time, it was basically Day 1 and people were posting fluffs and/or mildly serious posts to see if anyone cracks. However I would be ok on looking at SS a little bit more closely in a way where we don't want to discourage her to give up on a discussion pointed at her.

Ty4on

I did feel that Ty4on's reaction was really weird and awkward after day ended...but after he explained why, that kinda eases him off but at the same time I would like to watch Ty4on a bit more.

Giant Panda

I agree with Darryl at the fact that you were still there for the last 30 min but you didn't even put up a vote. Was there any reason why you didn't? Cause this itself feels very scum-like

Blarg

Have I told you I'm a fan of your Harry Potter gafia with the voweless text curse?

I do want to hear more from Royal and Stanley in the current situation too

I'm just gonna do a prod vote

VOTE:Giant Panda

cause i would like your reasoning on the no vote from the last 30 min of Day 1

Trigger

I'm not sure if I can really agree with Corn's logic honestly. However my gut read SS as scum day 1. A lot of people were being pretty passive so it's harder to get a read on someone.

So Blarg, are you and Xam actually masons?

Star's play has been pinging me as very similar to how she's played in the other game's we've shared. Yes, the reasoning for her CB vote was weak, but I can very much see her making said vote even as a townie. Still doesn't rule her out as scum however. It's worth keeping in mind- I've voted to lynch people for less incriminating evidence before at least. Personally though, I'm more interested in pursuing Flame today. Obviously, his end-of-day vote stands out. He claims it was to definitively ensure that there was no tie. I think this explanation is plausible, but I'm still naturally suspicious of last-minute hammer votes. There is, of course, his possible role fishing for Danny (with a very weak defense afterwards, basically amounting to "Oh, I knew it would be suspicious, but we need to know his possibly false answer anyways). On D1, I also mentioned that his flavor musings didn't sit right with me (I generally do have a low tolerance for this sort of thing). I definitely still think it's weird that he would want us to seriously consider the possibility that the Danny role is scum aligned (leaving aside the fact that he's the main protagonist of the series, if he was scum then that team could simply lynch him when they felt like it, earn some town credibility, and get an anonymous vote out of it for good measure).

Yeah, I don't feel so good about Flame. The evidence is all circumstantial, but I think there's enough for a lynch to make some amount of sense.

VOTE: Flame_AC

Also, question for Blarg. You keep bringing up Flush's typo so it sounds like you still think it's valid evidence. Your response to my vote against you however made it sound like you meant it to be bait? Which is it? I'm personally of the mind that the typo argument is still total bull, for the record.

Because someone has to do it anyway:

flame_ac (1)
skyodin 279 (518)
royal_flush 471
darryl 473 (517)

skyodin (6)
crimsonfist 418
el topo 466
starsketch 516
darryl 517
blargonaut 521 (523)
skyodin 522
flame_ac 524

starsketch (3)
enker 420
trigger 472
ty4on 496
flame_ac 510 (524)
skyodin 518 (522)

in chronological order (numbers in brackets show the votes on that person before the described action):
510: Flame(3) casts his first vote on StarSketch(3) breaking the tie with himself
516: Starsketch(4) jumps from [irrelevant] to SkyOdin(2)
517: Darryl jumps from Flame(3) to SkyOdin(3) tying him with StarSketch(4)
518: SkyOdin(4) jumps from Flame(2) to StarSketch(4) bringing her to the lead and taking Flame out of the competition
521: Blargonaut from [irrelevant] to SkyOdin(4) tying again with StarSketch(5)
522: SkyOdin(5) votes himself to prevent a tie (he was on StarSketch(5) before so it's 6-4 now)
523: Blargonaut unvotes from SkyOdin(6) (Was this an attempt to create a tie thinking it's 6-5?)
524: Flame switches from StarSketch(4) to SkyOdin(5) making it 6-3 and locking him in for the lynch

Nothing really suspicious except Flame's vote on SkyOdin after he voted for himself to prevent a tie and Blargonaut tying all day. The first one is especially interesting in the context of StarSketch choosing SkyOdin over Flame when confronted with the direct choice. In itself that's not damning, but keep it in mind as part of the puzzle.

hey Flame why'd you hammer-vote SkyOdin?
Why would you repeatedly try to force a tie?

One quick post before I head to bed.

It's laughable that Blarg or anyone else wants to lynch me.

At the time before my vote, we were on like a 6-5 split or something, something within one vote. Blarg had been changing his vote and forcing a tie and was still around. I purposely timed my post on the clock to appear in the final seconds of the day just so there could be no tie or other shenanigans.

Just to drop a vote:

Vote: Blargonaut
Oh, we're doing it again, aren't we? "I'll just drop a vote, so I have one, please don't read too much into it"

Look at me "just dropping a vote":
vote: Flame_AC

oh, and don't forget Flush's Day 1 typo #scumtell

If it haunts me, it should haunt you
Just drop that shit already, would you?

I'm not sure if I can really agree with Corn's logic honestly. However my gut read SS as scum day 1. A lot of people were being pretty passive so it's harder to get a read on someone.

So Blarg, are you and Xam actually masons?

4d0pEXR.gif

*snip*

Yeah, I don't feel so good about Flame. The evidence is all circumstantial, but I think there's enough for a lynch to make some amount of sense.

VOTE: Flame_AC

Also, question for Blarg. You keep bringing up Flush's typo so it sounds like you still think it's valid evidence. Your response to my vote against you however made it sound like you meant it to be bait? Which is it? I'm personally of the mind that the typo argument is still total bull, for the record.

Look; I know that any further push against Royal_Flush for it will never gain vote traction, so, whatever. No one BELIEVES in #scumtells anymore, anyway.

The truth is out there, but I'm realistic like that

Ty4on

One quick post before I head to bed.

It's laughable that Blarg or anyone else wants to lynch me.

At the time before my vote, we were on like a 6-5 split or something, something within one vote. Blarg had been changing his vote and forcing a tie and was still around. I purposely timed my post on the clock to appear in the final seconds of the day just so there could be no tie or other shenanigans.

Just to drop a vote:

Vote: Blargonaut
Emphasis mine

Did you follow the day end closely or just blindly vote? I don't quite remember the timing of the last votes, but IIRC yours came right after Blarg's.

Ty4on

Ty4on

I did feel that Ty4on's reaction was really weird and awkward after day ended...but after he explained why, that kinda eases him off but at the same time I would like to watch Ty4on a bit more.
Do you believe my explanation or null read me?

I'm curious of your vote after the deadline. It wouldn't have tied as I first thought, but it seemed out of place when people were voting Sky to prevent a tie.

Trigger

RE: Giant Panda

I don't think a lack of a vote is particularly scummy unless we're assuming that scum is playing sloppy. Voting patterns are scum's biggest weakness, I think. Reads more as inactive town.

I'm leaning town for Darryl, Xam, and Panda for now. Given my previous track record though, I'm guessing one or all are somehow scum.

*begins furiously re-writing his fanfiction*

Flame_AC

I mean, I explained my vote RF. I'm voting Blarg for his day end antics.

To Ty4on, I followd the day end very closely. I believe Blarg might have been able to re-tie it had he shifted targets at the last second, so I sat ready to switch right at the end so it wouldn't matter what he did.

At that point, I didn't care who got lynched. SkyOdin was clearly town right at the end there, barely anything for Star. Either one would have been fine, momentum was of course on SkyOdin.

So yes, I had my post pretyped and ready to go as Blarg and I earlier stated, but to say that it was just so I could save Star is an extreme stretch.

Can you use more weasel words please?

Did you read anything I posted on day 1? Or are you just selectively looking at what looks scummy to you? If you did read what I posted then you would know exactly what I'm talking about and why I don't want to. You could even use said comment against me if you wanted. I don't care. I'll go hunt down the posts in question if you need me to spoon feed you.

How was I weird?

Not you. I meant Flame_ac but he's explained himself.

hey, two got ghosted last Night

That's interesting

Honestly I'd have been more surprised if there hadn't been two deaths.

I think every game I've played in, bar Heist, had multiple.

The question is if scum has multiple kills, we have a vigilante, or if there's a neutral killer.

Personally I do not believe either of the deaths were the work of a vigilante. Enker, unless I missed it, wasn't really on anyone's radar. And CrimsonFist isn't someone I think a vigilante would target N1.

ultron87

That day end was pretty chaotic so judging big stuff on stuff that happened super fast in the final minute does add some extra room for mistakes, but Flame's final vote to break the tie and kill SkyOdin is pretty suspicious when you consider that SkyOdin voted for himself to make a tie not happen. That's a pretty crazy gambit for a scum to try, so why did Flame hammer him instead of Star, especially if he self admittedly didn't care which one died?

Gryvan also attempted to do the same thing in an attempt to hammer StarSketch (had Flame's vote not been there) and was just slightly too late, which could either be intentionally late or just a mistake that turned out well for us since it would've caused a tie. Since we know SkyOdin wasn't a scum person that this would've been saving it inherently makes it less suspicious, but that kind super last minute voting reads as suspicious to me.

It'd probably be better to start with Star if we want to test that chain of events out. Figuring out if the last minutes of the day end was town v town or town v scum would tell us a lot.

He or she thought one of the two were scum?

One strategy for Vig is to "fix" town mistakes by hitting the person that barely staved off being lynched. We had a lot of people that fit that category, with Star obviously at the top, but none of them were either of those that got hit. If that fails, you at least try and use traditional voting methods to take out the people you're suspicious of instead of immediately using a vigilante shot. No one really pushed for Enker or Crimson, so it seems unlikely?

So on initial guess I think that it's more likely a serial killer kind of thing, since that role generally wouldn't care about the alignment of who they kill, assuming they have the traditional survivor win condition.

Ty4on

That day end was pretty chaotic so judging big stuff on stuff that happened super fast in the final minute does add some extra room for mistakes, but Flame's final vote to break the tie and kill SkyOdin is pretty suspicious when you consider that SkyOdin voted for himself to make a tie not happen. That's a pretty crazy gambit for a scum to try, so why did Flame hammer him instead of Star, especially if he self admittedly didn't care which one died?
Flame already had a vote on Star so he couldn't hammer her.

Ty4on

Ok let me rephrase, why would a GOOD player use their vig power N1 on a hunch, on someone nobody really even talked about?
This is WIFOM as fuck, but if we assume non-town killed Crimson, do you think it has anything to do with Flame? Either for his benefit or to throw suspicion at him.

gryvan

Well that too late vote from me was basically...too late because i wanted to vote on star near 55 seconds...and then I was contemplating who would be a better option compared to SkyOdin v. Starsketch since Sky was pretty contributive to town with somewhat of a reasoning. I think I was late by like 10 seconds after my post went through :/

Of course I also didn't realize it would have casued a tie too since the last time I checked was during that whole vote/unvoting shenanigans happening near end day...

Ty4on

Of course I also didn't realize it would have casued a tie too since the last time I checked was during that whole vote/unvoting shenanigans happening near end day...
It wouldn't actually. I didn't notice it yesterday, but Flame's vote went from Star to Sky so Sky ended up with a two vote lead.

Ty4on

Vote: FlameAC
Flame, I see no good reason to need to confirm that, and you've generally been fluffy/speculating on potential roles/throwing out an easy pressure vote on someone with a number of votes already. You're not the only one to be overly fluffy, but you can keep my vote for now.

And wouldn't a policy lynch leave us with effectively two days without voting data? not just one.
He backed off later in the day and moved over to Sky, but he was the first to vote Flame.
Didn't notice this until now, but his vote on Flame was invalid and doesn't show up properly in the sheet.

Re-read the whole thread for any reason(s) Enker and Crimson were singled out. Initially, Crimson was voting for flame and even voted for them before switching over to Sky for the final vote. However, I'm not finding a direct link between Crimson and Enker were both involved in the DP debate with Enker. Could be random, but I'm wondering if Enker suggested or said any that may have tip the role of enabler.

Flame_AC

Yup, I'm totally the vig and decided to kill one of (not the only) the people who voted for me, especially keeping in mind that everyone eventually switched. Not the best theory there, but maybe you're right and someone is trying to do a frame job. (Here's a hint as to who they should kill tonight: Blarg)

Ty4on

Yup, I'm totally the vig and decided to kill one of (not the only) the people who voted for me, especially keeping in mind that everyone eventually switched. Not the best theory there, but maybe you're right and someone is trying to do a frame job. (Here's a hint as to who they should kill tonight: Blarg)
Could be they stayed out of it and just wanted to fan the flames.

Do you have any read of Star? I was thinking of her possibly trying to throw suspicion at you.
Re-read the whole thread for any reason(s) Enker and Crimson were singled out. Initially, Crimson was voting for flame and even voted for them before switching over to Sky for the final vote. However, I'm not finding a direct link between Crimson and Enker were both involved in the DP debate with Enker. Could be random, but I'm wondering if Enker suggested or said any that may have tip the role of enabler.
I'm curious of that last part. Reading back I'm not seeing anything more than wanting to shut down DP discussion. Do you think whomever killed Enker knew more than us about Danny?

I am suggesting that it is possible that more than one person (enker) knew the role existed, yes.

I also think the targeting of crimson and enker stems from the DP discussion (or lack there of.)

Flame_AC

Flavor/Role Speculation: I bet there's probably more than one enabler. It would fit with lore especially. Probably Tucker/his parents.

So I bet that DP hasn't lost his powers yet, but if we lose another one then it'll be over for him.

Darryl

Banned
I am suggesting that it is possible that more than one person (enker) knew the role existed, yes.

I also think the targeting of crimson and enker stems from the DP discussion (or lack there of.)

I assumed they were lynched because of each of them being the top voter on both skyodin and starsketch

Trigger

That's a pretty huge piece of information for scum or some third party to know. I think it's more likely that only DP and Enker knew about the enabler.

howdy people, sorry for my inactivity, i kinda forgot about this game completely yesterday (i blame E3), and today my mind has been in a shity fog thats making it hard to focus on anything,
but thats not really fair to everyone here so i have managed to pull together a couple thoughts.

Regarding Starsketch. I dont think shes scum, i did have my suspicious by the end of day 1 due to some odd actions and reasoning, but corn has been on a strong offensive on that front and star has held up to it a lot better than i think a scumStar would have.

i cant for the life of me think of why crimson or Enker were killed.

i like Blargs continued insistence on Royals slip/scumtell/typo whatsyoumacallit, and i hope it continues.

i dont trust blarg at all, but he is quite entertaining, and his comments and the discussion they bring forth provide a lot of good material.

not liking xam, like, nothing of value is added by any of his posts, not even entertainment.

as for Flame, im going to wait until my head isnt mush before i try to figure that puzzle out.

yada yada.

hopefully this wont look completely idiotic to me once my head clears.

You basically don't think she is scum because she didn't collapse into a heap of tears from one single person voting for her.

You are fixating really goddamn hard on this. No one is listening to you so maybe it's time to back up for a bit? If I'm scum then I will be guaranteed to still be here on another day. I think town would do better with your mind focused elsewhere, Corn.

You are fixating really goddamn hard on this. No one is listening to you so maybe it's time to back up for a bit? If I'm scum then I will be guaranteed to still be here on another day. I think town would do better with your mind focused elsewhere, Corn.

Sure, lets move on to how obviously scum Darryl is.

Dude's basically checked out of this day it seems. Stark contrast to how he played in the past? Because of E3? Or because he doesn't need to work hard since scum's currently not hurting so much?

Sure, lets move on to how obviously scum Darryl is.

Dude's basically checked out of this day it seems. Stark contrast to how he played in the past? Because of E3? Or because he doesn't need to work hard since scum's currently not hurting so much?

Darryl's been out a lot, but so have a lot of other people. It's definitely a contrast to D1, and early d2 though. Then again, was scum really under pressure early D2?

Got anything else or is that all you're running on?

Darryl's been out a lot, but so have a lot of other people. It's definitely a contrast to D1, and early d2 though. Then again, was scum really under pressure early D2?

Got anything else or is that all you're running on?

With how little people have been posting, no I have nothing else.

Darryl

Banned
I mean, I explained my vote RF. I'm voting Blarg for his day end antics.

To Ty4on, I followd the day end very closely. I believe Blarg might have been able to re-tie it had he shifted targets at the last second, so I sat ready to switch right at the end so it wouldn't matter what he did.

At that point, I didn't care who got lynched. SkyOdin was clearly town right at the end there, barely anything for Star. Either one would have been fine, momentum was of course on SkyOdin.

So yes, I had my post pretyped and ready to go as Blarg and I earlier stated, but to say that it was just so I could save Star is an extreme stretch.

If SkyOdin was clearly town to you, why would you lynch him? Why are people afraid of a tie? If we had tied, we would be up one player right now. I actually thought SkyOdin was scum. I had planned to save him with forcing a tie. However, what town player would vote for themselves with 2 minutes remaining when they could tie and still live? He was barely a lynch candidate, didn't go through the day fighting for his life, and there's no reason to believe his momentum for a lynch stretched far beyond the pool of current voters. This is what allowed me to let him die. I thought it was some kinda gambit meant to invoke hesitation. I didn't think he was clearly town, but anyways.

The reason it wasn't you that was lynched was just because SS named SkyOdin as the person she'd rather want lynched. I bandwagoned SS as a foil to the momentum. With all of the low votes going around, I didn't think it was likely we had nailed scum. You were clearly the easiest target to lynch at the time, so if SS was naming the unlikely lynch as a lynch candidate it's a lot bolder of a move. That's what lead me to lean town on SS for that moment at least.

Anyways, those are smaller things that I've wanted to say out of a larger point. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding what was going through your mind.

It's interesting in the comment above that you defend StarSketch as a null.

Vote: StarSketch

Of course I'm not letting town lynch me day 1, I've waited like 3 seasons for this game.

Your vote reasoning for SS was initially self-preservation. However, at the time XamtheKing was tied with top votes among a few other candidates who were really close. So, you had a pick of the liter and the ability to lead a crucial decision. In regards to last day's lynch, you were the player who took the critical role of deciding the #1 lynch candidate among a few choices. You chose StarSketch.

No, "At that point, I didn't care who got lynched" is incorrect. Let's re-phrase that, as you've admittedly never cared who got lynched to begin with. Your vote on StarSketch was claimed as self-preservation. "At that point," doesn't make any sense. You didn't help us dig through the dirt to find scum, you dodged a bullet.

This is further shown by this comment that you had "barely anything for Star". You had no conviction behind Star being scum. You obviously didn't think she was scum, as at the end of the day you then changed your vote over to someone who you've called clearly town. So, from this we can demonstrate that your initial vote onto StarSketch was also done because you didn't care who got lynched. When you were choosing a target at the inflection point , you placed a vote on a target that you had a null read on. Enough of a null read, to then switch the vote over to someone who was clearly town.

Vote: StarSketch

Of course I'm not letting town lynch me day 1, I've waited like 3 seasons for this game.

No, using both commentary directly from you and by elaborating on your opinions at the end of the day, I've shown that you were always indecisive about the lynch and there was no point in which you suddenly said "fuck it". You were never that emotionally invested in the lynch to begin with. So let's rephrase that quote of yours some.

I didn't care who got lynched.

You never cared who got lynched. Why then did you choose her over someone like Xamtheking at the inflection point? Did you think Xamtheking was town?

It looks to me like you are caught following the momentum twice, for no strategic purpose other than self-survival and to increase the lynch count. The first time, you voted for someone you didn't care about for survival purposes. However, it's the second vote that is hard for me to understand. Was it really that important for you to prevent this tie?

I didn't care who got lynched. SkyOdin was clearly town right at the end there, barely anything for Star. Either one would have been fine, momentum was of course on SkyOdin.

Look at how scummy that sounds. Did you sideline a bunch of other plausible lynch candidates to survive (when you initially voted for StarSketch) just so you could bandwagon on her lynch momentum, and then after you've made it safely through the day's lynch you then refuse to let two people you were reading null/town tie. Like, what the fuck am I reading? Why didn't they just go to a tie and we have a no lynch? Instead you decide to lynch someone who was clearly town?

Top Bottom